Ask Chaos Anything!

Chaos

On 3/18/2022 at 4:01 PM, Doomslug The Destroyer said:

Why do I think you're so intimidating?

Hmmm, I am trying to lower the intimidation factor. This is sort of how things just sort of happened... I do admit that I do like unleashing the Eye of Sauron when relevant, but hey :) Probably these days it is because I am not really on the forums for much "for fun" stuff (I do this mostly on Discord).

On 3/18/2022 at 4:03 PM, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

lol.

what is an interesting hobby you have that most people on the shard don't know about?

Hmm. I write books, and need to get time to spend more time on them. Maybe people already know that, though. I play a ton of Guild Wars 2.

On 3/18/2022 at 4:38 PM, #1 Taln Fan said:

1) Favorite thing about Mediawiki?

2) Least favorite thing about Mediawiki?

3) What’s your thoughts on the sluggos and the sluggo craze Janci caused?

1. Uhhhhh it's... popular, and has a lot of extensions. I don't have super high opinions of it, but it's the least bad option, and is the wiki standard.

2. Absolutely terrible documentation, and me not being able to click multiple things to be patrolled at the same time. 

3. Sluggos are fine. I didn't expect them to be so big. 

9 hours ago, Doomslug The Destroyer said:

Will the 17th Shard ever become a full fledged mobile app?

Definitely not. Apps are absurdly expensive. Mobile apps work on more platforms. Like, to be clear, we have a hard time keeping this up to date. There is no way we can produce a web, iOS, and Android version and keep them all up to date. You can add any site to your home screen already.

4 hours ago, Frustration said:

We know Ba-Ado-Mishram is your favorite Unmade but how do the others hold up?

So far what's your favorite secret project?

Sja-anat is fantastic and is probably in second place. She is awesome. I'd love for Re-Shephir to return. I'm a big fan of the Unmade stuff. I have no doubt we will get more in book five. The more sapient and powerful the better. I'm hoping Horneater gives us some cool Moelach and Death Rattles stuff.

Secret Project 4. You'll see :) 

2 hours ago, #1 Taln Fan said:

(Hehe sorry for asking a bunch of these)

1) When and how did you and the others decide to form the official 17th Shard?

2) Favorite discord server you’re on besides the main 17s one? 

1. Check out our About page: https://www.17thshard.com/about.php

2. Uhhhhhhhhh... Hmmm. I must admit I use other servers very sparingly compared to the 17S ones.

On 3/21/2022 at 4:44 PM, Frustration said:

Oh, that's right you're a beta reader.

Ok I just got very pumped for Sp 4.

On 3/21/2022 at 4:42 PM, Chaos said:

Sja-anat is fantastic and is probably in second place. She is awesome. I'd love for Re-Shephir to return. I'm a big fan of the Unmade stuff. I have no doubt we will get more in book five. The more sapient and powerful the better. I'm hoping Horneater gives us some cool Moelach and Death Rattles stuff.

Secret Project 4. You'll see :) 

1. Check out our About page: https://www.17thshard.com/about.php

2. Uhhhhhhhhh... Hmmm. I must admit I use other servers very sparingly compared to the 17S ones.

WAIT, YOU ARE A BETA READER!? AWESOME!!! 

Oh, right, I thought everyone knew :) I suppose I don't usually offer up the information, for sure.

Yes, you can see my name is a great many books since Words of Radiance.

2 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

*shrugs* I guess I never noticed. the only one from the shard I usually notice is Jofwu.

Oh, there's lots of us if you check out the Acknowledgements :) 

2 hours ago, HippoPhileus said:

Listening to Shardcast, I noticed you don't seem to like the Star Wars prequels. Why?

If you had to choose a favorite SW movie or TV show, what would it be?

I actually really like Revenge of the Sith. That's just a fun movie. Some Lucas dialogue is terrible but it at least had a grand vision. You know, Rise of Skywalker and the sequels gave me a much bigger appreciation of the prequels. Like, the prequels had a grand vision but were executed in many ways pretty poorly, whereas the sequels are well-shot movies, but I think the poor planning and imagination there was... that destroys it for me. Plan your dang trilogies.

I think Rogue One is fantastic and is probably the best Star Wars movie.

26 minutes ago, AerionBFII said:

When you hit 9000 reputation will you change your rank to “IT’S OVER 9000?!?!?!?” or will you stay humbly as “The Lord Ruler of the Forums and 17S Webmaster”? :P

Hah, I probably won't change it :) Though it does feel like that one is out of date...

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

I actually really like Revenge of the Sith. That's just a fun movie. Some Lucas dialogue is terrible but it at least had a grand vision. You know, Rise of Skywalker and the sequels gave me a much bigger appreciation of the prequels. Like, the prequels had a grand vision but were executed in many ways pretty poorly, whereas the sequels are well-shot movies, but I think the poor planning and imagination there was... that destroys it for me. Plan your dang trilogies.

I think Rogue One is fantastic and is probably the best Star Wars movie.

I actually agree with all of that, but I still really like the prequels. They writing really was horrible.

Guest King Bean

i didnt make my account... my mom did ( ok just to be clear im role playing as a fox im actually 14)

Edited by King Bean