Sorry. I slept past my alarm and I'm still not completely awake....which my parents seem to think is the perfect time to remind me how badly I need to clean out my closet. <_<

Nothing you would have to apologize for. Although now I'm imagining Shiny Sparkle jumping out of doctor Whoves closet to suprise him.

I wonder...how "true" does that love have to be to set them off? Would Shiny set them off just by being next to them? :huh:

I actually think that Whoves was a bit of and what triggers the explosion is cheering or something like that, afterall they were already in love before their marriage.

Depends how strong you want him to be, I use a five tiered system and I have general powersets for the more common abilities like illusions of fire-benders at each tier so I can share some of my ideas on that but as far as I know we don't have any canon examples of mental illusionists or any WoB about them though presumably they share similar limitations to mind controllers which we asked about a bit.

The plan is to make him extremely powerful. Powerful enough to survive in Astoria by making people think that he has a PI, while also just being very effective with his illusions in general.

If only we had another marriage to make sure. :ph34r:

But who? Who could possibly get married in-episode solely for our benefit? :ph34r:

Also, I need your guys' help. I'm sitting in one of the Sunday school rooms where a poster board bears two paper signs, each with "This Week's Kryptonite." One is "Fitting In," and the other is "Quitting."

My sister, the one who gave you Reckoners fan art and Oklahoma!, wishes to draw an Epic whose weakness is quitting or fitting in. That's where you come in. What would that Epic be named? How would they act? What would their powers be? We currently have a vague idea of an Epic whose weakness is fitting in being the sort to drink pickle juice while slapping their neighbor, but that's about it.

Help her. Fan art depends on you. :ph34r:

But who? Who could possibly get married in-episode solely for our benefit? :ph34r:

Also, I need your guys' help. I'm sitting in one of the Sunday school rooms where a poster board bears two paper signs, each with "This Week's Kryptonite." One is "Fitting In," and the other is "Quitting."

My sister, the one who gave you Reckoners fan art and Oklahoma!, wishes to draw an Epic whose weakness is quitting or fitting in. That's where you come in. What would that Epic be named? How would they act? What would their powers be? We currently have a vague idea of an Epic whose weakness is fitting in being the sort to drink pickle juice while slapping their neighbor, but that's about it.

Help her. Fan art depends on you. :ph34r:

An Epic that ever fits in... Oh my Calamity it's Shiny Sparkle. :blink::ph34r:

As for not quitting, meet the Determinator, an Epic that can turn himself into an unstopable object. He once walked a whole week without pause because he didn't want to quit searching for his favourite ceral. :ph34r:

Edited by Edgedancer

The plan is to make him extremely powerful. Powerful enough to survive in Astoria by making people think that he has a PI, while also just being very effective with his illusions in general.

Well. as said in canon fighting illusionists is troublesome. The most effective way to pretend that he has a PI would be to create a double of himself and make it seem as if he was intangible, so even suprise contact with the illusion doesn't mean the gig is up. However, once he starts using illusions otherwise most people would probably be able to notice the trick and (in the case of Astoria) just start throwing so much damage around that they'll hit him by accident.

We could always invite Whoves once some of our characters get married, now we just have to find some that are willing. :ph34r:

It IS. :mellow:

I shall tell my sister. :ph34r:

Although that cryptonite poster is probably more about people trying to fit in, so Anti Shiny Sparkle... Voidgaze!

Edited by Edgedancer

We could always invite Whoves once some of our characters get married, now we just have to find some that are willing. :ph34r:

Although that cryptonite poster is probably more about people trying to fit in, so Anti Shiny Sparkle... Voidgaze!

If only we had a few adorable couples. :ph34r:

So Voidgaze would constantly set off her weakness? :huh:

Also, I just thought of something. How will Wes' new perspective on Epics affect his relationship with Aldo?

Also, I just thought of something. How will Wes' new perspective on Epics affect his relationship with Aldo?

Clearly Wes will strive to get Aldo to face his fear and remove his corruption, so they can live happily ever after together in bliss and kindness.

Sorry, I should have foreshadowed that better. :P

If only we had a few adorable couples. :ph34r:

So Voidgaze would constantly set off her weakness? :huh:

If only they would race each other to the altar. :ph34r:

Umm... maybe Voidgaze is Shiny Sparkle's weakness?

(Somehow I fell we should give the Epic shrink a break and instead whooc a couple of sessions with Autumn to Epics she shouldn't actually meet.)

* cough, the Financier, the Panda, multipledeaths!Lightwards... *

Then we let her take with Voidgaze before going in for the big-haul with Nighthound, obviously tied down Hannibal Lector style.

Edited by Edgedancer

Well. as said in canon fighting illusionists is troublesome. The most effective way to pretend that he has a PI would be to create a double of himself and make it seem as if he was intangible, so even suprise contact with the illusion doesn't mean the gig is up. However, once he starts using illusions otherwise most people would probably be able to notice the trick and (in the case of Astoria) just start throwing so much damage around that they'll hit him by accident.

Well, he'll have some partners in crime, so that's less of a concern. Normally he wouldn't participate in a fight directly, just interfere to help his allies, and possibly manifesting an illusion of himself. But here's what I'm really thinking about: I was wondering if it was plausible, since it's a mental illusionist and not a photon-manipulator, to have him affect other senses, thereby making it seem as if his illusions have substance by producing accompanying sound effects and touch.

Well, he'll have some partners in crime, so that's less of a concern. Normally he wouldn't participate in a fight directly, just interfere to help his allies, and possibly manifesting an illusion of himself. But here's what I'm really thinking about: I was wondering if it was plausible, since it's a mental illusionist and not a photon-manipulator, to have him affect other senses, thereby making it seem as if his illusions have substance by producing accompanying sound effects and touch.

Yes and no, with touch the illusion would still just pass through them, so creating a sense of touch wouldn't do much except confuse the opponent.

What can I say? I made him in need of a lot of psychological help. :ph34r:

Also, on the latest episode of "Kobold King is Physically Incapable of Listening To Music Without Thinking of the RP," Kobold listens to Breaking Down the Borders by miracleofsound and wonders if it could be the theme song of a combat-oriented Oregon thread.

Because we're breaking down the borders

As we light up the land...

Lulu for Lucky Charms so to speak. :P

Great, now I have to walk through some of his songs again to see if I see sme other connections like You died

as a homage to all resurection Epics and how their condition means people are more liberally allowed to kill them or as an obvious candidate Calamity

Although that one has a bit of a hopeful note.

I think he also has one called Cries of a dead world. :ph34r:

The cries of a dead world

Callin' out in pain

Red skies on the desert

Lulu for Lucky Charms so to speak. :P

Great, now I have to walk through some of his songs again to see if I see sme other connections like You died

as a homage to all resurection Epics and how their condition means people are more liberally allowed to kill them or as an obvious candidate Calamity

Although that one has a bit of a hopeful note.

I think he also has one called Cries of a dead world. :ph34r:

The cries of a dead world

Callin' out in pain

Red skies on the desert

Those definitely seem to work...

...though I'm inclined to ask why the giant wolf in the Dark Souls video is swinging a Shardblade around. :o:P

Edited by Kobold King