I like him! :) Do you think he works at all with Vondra's daughter Sequoia? I just remembered that originally I'd mentioned her on the Question thread as being in charge of city resources, but that never went anywhere.

Yeah, they definitely would at least be in contact with each other.

I have too many Epics help me :P

Sightline would do his best to take some of them off your hands…but I doubt that's what you had in mind. :o:P 

By the way, Brandon answered Edge's question about gifting: 

Q: Is gifting/power transference to normal people with Epics an all or nothing deal or could there be an Epic that can gift one ability but has another power he can't gift? And while on topic of quirks in Epic powers, how much do emotions play into them? We have some examples like Steelheart were strong emotions can cause the power to run amok, is there more of aguideline to this or just a quirk of some powers?

A: All powers can be gifted if any can. Gifting is a power that modifies other powers. Controlling the powers during times of great emotion is generally more difficult, but this has more to do with human nature than the powers.

Sightline would do his best to take some of them off your hands…but I doubt that's what you had in mind. :o:P

Surely even Sightline would realize Backtrack's not worth the minimal effort it would take to kill him. :P

That's about what I thought, and it's already been incorporated into several of my characters in the RP. (Arsenal creates pieces of gadgets that reflect his mood without meaning too and Lightwards' dinosaurs grow agitated at the same time he does.)

Surely even Sightline would realize Backtrack's not worth the minimal effort it would take to kill him. :P

That's about what I thought, and it's already been incorporated into several of my characters in the RP. (Arsenal creates pieces of gadgets that reflect his mood without meaning too and Lightwards' dinosaurs grow agitated at the same time he does.)

Sightline took in the scrawny Epic in pink sunglasses, trembling like a leaf in the wind. 

​"Please," he squeaked. Sightline had used that descriptor before, and he realized just then how woefully he had misapplied it. No one could squeak like Backtrack. "Please don't kill me. I'll—I'll give you my sunglasses! And my shirt! And my….um….I kind of like these shoes, but I'll give you my socks…." 

As he spoke, the scrawny Epic removed those articles of clothing. 

"No," Sightline said. 

Backtrack's head snapped up. "No? No, what? No, you're not going to kill me, or no you don't want this stuff? Do you need something else? I'll go get—" 

​"No. Just…no. I don't kill vanillas. I kill you, I might as well kill a vanilla. A four-year-old one. In a wheelchair." 

Backtrack blinked, as though trying to puzzle out how much of an insult that was. "Um….thank you?"

I figured the same. It just seems natural that Epics, who generally have poor impulse control in the best of times, would lose control over their powers when they're most upset. 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Sightline took in the scrawny Epic in pink sunglasses, trembling like a leaf in the wind. 

​"Please," he squeaked. Sightline had used that descriptor before, and he realized just then how woefully he had misapplied it. No one could squeak like Backtrack. "Please don't kill me. I'll—I'll give you my sunglasses! And my shirt! And my….um….I kind of like these shoes, but I'll give you my socks…." 

As he spoke, the scrawny Epic removed those articles of clothing. 

"No," Sightline said. 

Backtrack's head snapped up. "No? No, what? No, you're not going to kill me, or no you don't want this stuff? Do you need something else? I'll go get—" 

​"No. Just…no. I don't kill vanillas. I kill you, I might as well kill a vanilla. A four-year-old one. In a wheelchair." 

Backtrack blinked, as though trying to puzzle out how much of an insult that was. "Um….thank you?"

I figured the same. It just seems natural that Epics, who generally have poor impulse control in the best of times, would lose control over their powers when they're most upset. 

Backtrack = a four year-old vanilla in a wheelchair. That's the hardest I've laughed all day. :lol::D

Deathwish would object to it solely on grounds that the word "convict" implies that he got caught for one of his many misdeeds. <_<

He got caught for the armory misdeed….though in fairness, he was framed for that one. Still. With his history, that's like Al Capone getting sent to Alcatraz for tax evasion—not what anyone would've picked, but it's something. :P

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

(Comatose would probably join before his heart had a chance to beat even once. :P )

Ssssshhhhh. Ms. Glass must never know the extent of my affections for her.

Q: Is gifting/power transference to normal people with Epics an all or nothing deal or could there be an Epic that can gift one ability but has another power he can't gift? And while on topic of quirks in Epic powers, how much do emotions play into them? We have some examples like Steelheart were strong emotions can cause the power to run amok, is there more of aguideline to this or just a quirk of some powers?

A: All powers can be gifted if any can. Gifting is a power that modifies other powers. Controlling the powers during times of great emotion is generally more difficult, but this has more to do with human nature than the powers.

Well, I guess I'll have to modify Euphoria slightly. I'm just going to say that she keeps her second power in reserve as a kind of secret weapon, and doesn't gift it often.

EDIT: 

While I was on my Epics of Oregon post, I updated Insight's powers, splitting his complicated 'cognitive space' power into four more manageable ones.  I tried to stick to what I had already shown in the RP, but this should make things more manageable.  I've added that he can fly or levitate, as per my discovery in Steelheart.  Let me know if you see any problems or inconsistencies.  

I also am having trouble finding the right word for the stage beyond incorporeality.  I'm using immaterial right now, but if you think of something better for what I describe, let me know.  

Insight

Powers:

Incorporealilty - Insight can become incorporeal at will.  Like all incorporeals, he can levitate and fly at a moderate speed.

Immateriality - Insight can also make himself completely incapable of being perceived (seen, touched, heard, smelled, etc.)  He is also able to use this power on others, but must become fully corporeal before transferring someone into an 'immaterial' state.  Becoming immaterial lessens a person's connection with the world, muffling sound and making it difficult to see colours.  He can use this power offensively by shifting an item, and then moving it through someone, and then shifting back into the physical plane.  While Immaterial, Epics can use their powers to affect others who are immaterial, but those powers have no effect on Incorporeals or those who are fully manifested on the physical plane.  

Immaterial Time Manipulation - Insight can affect how he perceives time while iimmaterial, and can speed himself up or slow himself down in relation to others.  

Memory Viewing - While immaterial, Insight can view his own memories, or the memories of others who he has made immaterial.  To Insight, the memories appear to hover around people, with positive memories appearing more vibrant and negative ones appearing dingy or dark.  If Insight focuses on a particular memory, he can force both himself and the owner of the memory to relive it as a vision, from the owner's point of view.  He can use this power to view memories that have been repressed, and the memory he views will be closer to the truth than what the person actually recalls, but memories that have been altered or lost entirely will remain so.  

Ssssshhhhh. Ms. Glass must never know the extent of my affections for her.

Well, I guess I'll have to modify Euphoria slightly. I'm just going to say that she keeps her second power in reserve as a kind of secret weapon, and doesn't gift it often.

EDIT: 

While I was on my Epics of Oregon post, I updated Insight's powers, splitting his complicated 'cognitive space' power into four more manageable ones.  I tried to stick to what I had already shown in the RP, but this should make things more manageable.  I've added that he can fly or levitate, as per my discovery in Steelheart.  Let me know if you see any problems or inconsistencies.  

I also am having trouble finding the right word for the stage beyond incorporeality.  I'm using immaterial right now, but if you think of something better for what I describe, let me know.  

Insight

Powers:

Incorporealilty - Insight can become incorporeal at will.  Like all incorporeals, he can levitate and fly at a moderate speed.

Immateriality - Insight can also make himself completely incapable of being perceived (seen, touched, heard, smelled, etc.)  He is also able to use this power on others, but must become fully corporeal before transferring someone into an 'immaterial' state.  Becoming immaterial lessens a person's connection with the world, muffling sound and making it difficult to see colours.  He can use this power offensively by shifting an item, and then moving it through someone, and then shifting back into the physical plane.  While Immaterial, Epics can use their powers to affect others who are immaterial, but those powers have no effect on Incorporeals or those who are fully manifested on the physical plane.  

Immaterial Time Manipulation - Insight can affect how he perceives time while iimmaterial, and can speed himself up or slow himself down in relation to others.  

Memory Viewing - While immaterial, Insight can view his own memories, or the memories of others who he has made immaterial.  To Insight, the memories appear to hover around people, with positive memories appearing more vibrant and negative ones appearing dingy or dark.  If Insight focuses on a particular memory, he can force both himself and the owner of the memory to relive it as a vision, from the owner's point of view.  He can use this power to view memories that have been repressed, and the memory he views will be closer to the truth than what the person actually recalls, but memories that have been altered or lost entirely will remain so.  

Hm. The only other term I could think of for that would be 'parallel existence,' I suppose, but that doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

Wait.

The Autumn Glass Fanclub is now canon.

Shiny Sparkle, then, can be seen as a very forward member of the Dallesport chapter.

Does this mean Vapor Snake was hired to protect Autumn from her own Fanclub? :blink:

If it makes Autumn feel better I'm sure they didn't let Vapor Snake join on ground of having an unfair advantage. :P

Vondra, Glamour, and Deathwish posts up. Arsenal and Backtrack to come at a later date.  I have too many Epics help me :P

And those are only the ones in the Dalles, Lightwards and some of his entourage are also still up.

By the way, with Vondra telling Vapor should also be viewed by Reader, would it make sens for the evaluation to happen in two steps or is Reader only watching over a camera or something like that? Sending Reader upfront to someone that might still be dangerous doesn't sound like the best of ideas.

Which means Nighthound is now offically a healer. :mellow:

Who votes Crush's new nickname for Deathwish should catch on? :ph34r:

Who ever objects to a nickname? :ph34r:

If it makes Autumn feel better I'm sure they didn't let Vapor Snake join on ground of having an unfair advantage. :P

Which means Nighthound is now offically a healer. :mellow:

Who ever objects to a nickname? :ph34r:

Kicked out of the Autumn Glass Fanclub, Vapor Snake vows revenge. Months later, he has it….when he's imprisoned for briefly losing his mind, let out on good behavior, and is made Autumn's bodyguard because he's decent underneath the corruption and she doesn't want to give Deathwish too many chances to ogle her. It's a convoluted and needlessly complicated plan that can't not work. :ph34r: 

Disturbing implications of that aside, he's enough of a slontze that it does make sense for him not to gift his healing factor unless he absolutely has to. 

Deathwish might, but no one cares what he thinks. :ph34r: 

Kicked out of the Autumn Glass Fanclub, Vapor Snake vows revenge. Months later, he has it….when he's imprisoned for briefly losing his mind, let out on good behavior, and is made Autumn's bodyguard because he's decent underneath the corruption and she doesn't want to give Deathwish too many chances to ogle her. It's a convoluted and needlessly complicated plan that can't not work. :ph34r:

Disturbing implications of that aside, he's enough of a slontze that it does make sense for him not to gift his healing factor unless he absolutely has to. 

Deathwish might, but no one cares what he thinks. :ph34r:

Sure, let's gp with the master manipulator fanon. :P

Let us all hope that he never gets his hands on a vanilla hostage.

Exactly, if Arsenal doesn't get to complain about his nickname neither gets Deathwish.

So I take it that Bioterror was already waiting in the room?

A Brightdeath and Chase pony to add to the vault would be nice, yes. :ph34r:

Yeah he'll be there waiting, I'm planning on getting a double post up with him and the Adventurer once Sirce and I figure out what the latter is doing but if you want to post another segment beforehand that's fine with me, he'll probably be playing with his eye or something else suitably gross.

Side note: Great memes post Edge but on:

Koschei the cat: Koschei the Deathless is already death in canon by the time the RP takes place. Him being reincarnated as the pet cat of Baxter Game isn’t a part of canon, not that it stops anyone from constantly bringing it up.

The correct tense would be 'Koschei the Deathless is already dead in canon'

Unless he's become the Grim Reaper himself while I wasn't looking :P
Is English your second language? I know you live in Germany but you're so fluent I've never actually picked up on it before, if so kudos on being so awesome. If not, well you're still awesome. :D

Yeah he'll be there waiting, I'm planning on getting a double post up with him and the Adventurer once Sirce and I figure out what the latter is doing but if you want to post another segment beforehand that's fine with me, he'll probably be playing with his eye or something else suitably gross.

Eh, we have the time.

Side note: Great memes post Edge but on:

The correct tense would be 'Koschei the Deathless is already dead in canon'

Unless he's become the Grim Reaper himself while I wasn't looking :P

Is English your second language? I know you live in Germany but you're so fluent I've never actually picked up on it before, if so kudos on being so awesome. If not, well you're still awesome. :D

Of course, don't you remember the scene in which Koschei lead all the dead MME members into the afterlife? Or maybe I just misspelled. :ph34r:

It is my second language, yes.

And I present you a post of Shiny Sparkle being competend by reducing corpses into red paste. :unsure:

By the way, should a forcefield construct be able to easily slice through metal, instead of just smashing it?

Eh, we have the time.

Of course, don't you remember the scene in which Koschei lead all the dead MME members into the afterlife? Or maybe I just misspelled. :ph34r:

It is my second language, yes.

And I present you a post of Shiny Sparkle being competend by reducing corpses into red paste. :unsure:

By the way, should a forcefield construct be able to easily slice through metal, instead of just smashing it?

That's er... one way to go about it. I suppose I should complement her on her thoroughness.

Depends on the force field, if it's an infinitely thin plane then it should be able to, but that comes with other issues like accidentally splitting atoms.

So I guess, yes but also Crush likely would have just nuked the Dalles.  :unsure:

I think just making it as thin as a normal blade, or a bit thinner, and then using enough force and speed (which he should be able to since the front end is so thin).

Except that the blade has to be capable of containing the orange matter, meaning there's a limit to how it can be constructed.

Depends on the force field, if it's an infinitely thin plane then it should be able to, but that comes with other issues like accidentally splitting atoms.

So I guess, yes but also Crush likely would have just nuked the Dalles.  :unsure:

I should get right on that, actually. Oregon isn't going to destroy itself.  :ph34r:

Come to think of it, I actually have an idea for an Epic that can cause destruction on par with Obliteration, based on another one of the experiences mentioned in Crush's first monologue.

I think just making it as thin as a normal blade, or a bit thinner, and then using enough force and speed (which he should be able to since the front end is so thin).

Creating a wedge is actually somewhat difficult for him (though he does it, obviously.) The easiest form for him to create is that of a flat plane with the "back side" facing inwards. the more complicated and contorted the shape, the harder it is to make. When he makes a "mindcleaver" he's basically bending a force field (before its actual inception) with such a degree of precision that it can be considered a wedge. It needs to be formed pretty close to him and takes him a fraction of a second to get it to work

Edited by Mckeedee123

I should get right on that, actually. Oregon isn't going to destroy itself. :ph34r:

Come to think of it, I actually have an idea for an Epic that can cause destruction on par with Obliteration, based on another one of the experiences mentioned in Crush's first monologue.

just be wary, Obliteration is feared for that very reason. Can't have too many city-nukers running around haha.

Creating a wedge is actually somewhat difficult for him (though he does it, obviously.) The easiest form for him to create is that of a flat plane with the "back side" facing inwards. the more complicated and contorted the shape, the harder it is to make. When he makes a "mindcleaver" he's basically bending a force field (before its actual inception) with such a degree of precision that it can be considered a wedge. It needs to be formed pretty close to him and takes him a fraction of a second to get it to work

so he just did that to cut the handcuffs?