Here's a general setting summary, but it leaves out some of the most recent events.

Two years before the action of the RP, an Epic named Koschei the Deathless attacked The Dalles. Koschei was a healer, capable of healing others from any wound. However, once he'd healed a wound he could cause the same injury to reappear at any time. Koschei gathered a gang of Epics and began brutally murdering countless people, using his power to practically raise them from the dead and demand their loyalty.

Koschei managed to completely gain control of The Dalles, wresting control from the National Guard unit stationed there. He began rule as a ruthless dictator, plotting to take over the whole of Oregon. Before his plans could be fully realized, however, a normal man named Remington Springfield discovered his weakness. Springfield shot and killed Koschei in a stand-off that has become legendary in part because of its significance, and in part because no one knows for sure what happened during their battle.

Remington Springfield became a folk hero, but he quietly left the city to live with his in-laws in Portland. With Koschei dead, the National Guard moved back into town, and the commander of the unit declared martial law over the city.

This commander was named Stephen Vondra. Vondra had no powers himself, but he and his soldiers managed to gain secure control over The Dalles. This control is maintained in part by the small team of Epics employed by the Guard, who are prohibited from using their powers while not on active duty. The corruption still manifests in these Epics, but as of yet all members of this team have remained loyal.

There are other factions afoot in The Dalles, however. The Epic Quicksilver is a former hitman with the ability to manipulate metal, which he has used to devastating effect countless times. Fortunately Quicksilver has little desire to rule, and instead reigns as the king of the city's criminal underground. His gang is known as the Slivers, who are widely feared and hated in the city.

For two years an uneasy peace has existed in The Dalles, but at the current time a chaotic and unpredictable element has been inserted. The city has been invaded by the Panda, an Epic with the power to control any organic matter. He is also afflicted with the delusional belief that he's been tasked by "The Radiant Panda" to create a utopia for panda bears--which he intends to accomplish by eradicating human settlements and filling them with his creations. He leads armies of once-ordinary men who have been mutated into horrendous panda-human hybrids, which wield wooden weapons created by their dark master.

The Panda's armies run rampant through The Dalles as we speak, opposed by Vondra's Epic teams and a handful of newcomers to the city's political scene. The city stands at an important crossroads of its history--will Vondra succeed in creating a utopia for normal humans, freed from the widespread tyranny of Epics? Will the Panda take the city as his own, ruling not just the lives but the very flesh and blood of its inhabitants? Or will the city be torn asunder by the conflict?

Well, that's the Question, isn't it?

Thanks. I'll see what I can do. It's probably too late for Blinks to get involved in anything, so I'll keep him in an observational capacity for now.

I'm thinking of some kind of bone manipulator as my Salem character, what do you guys think?

Just their own or everyones?

Either way, sounds like fun. My bone manipulator got killed in their introduction post I think so I hope yours has a longer shelf life :P

I'm thinking of some kind of bone manipulator as my Salem character, what do you guys think?

I'm with Voiuds, sounds intersting but is also rather vague.

At least there aren't any Autumn/Arsenal shippers….yet. :mellow:

m4p7y.jpg

Yet... No no, not doing it. Anyone else that's unlikely like Vondra or Revolver Ocelot maybe but not Arsenal.

I can see where you are coming from. Poor Mai just doesn't get the screen time to defend her ship. :unsure:

Either way, sounds like fun. My bone manipulator got killed in their introduction post I think so I hope yours has a longer shelf life :P

Sorry. :unsure:

That moment when you realize you'll never make an original Epic again, because Voidus has already made them all.

That moment when you realize you'll never make an original Epic again, because Voidus has already made them all.

This morning I made an Epic named Smorgastorm, who can summon clouds that rain any kind of food. However his weakness is malnourished people, so the food disappears whenever a starving person tries to eat it.

Do you have anything like that, Voidus? :P

See that's what I always think, then I watch x-men and think to myself: What would it be like if cyclops' power worked in reverse and he shot lasers out of objects and into his eyes.

Then I realize that I already know what that would be like. Painful. Very very painful.

And thus ReverseCyclops was born! :D

This morning I made an Epic named Smorgastorm, who can summon clouds that rain any kind of food. However his weakness is malnourished people, so the food disappears whenever a starving person tries to eat it.

*Blushes*

Buffeting: Can summon food through myriad weather manipulating techniques.

EDIT: I may have been watching Cloudy with a chance of meatballs while making Epics one day

Edited by Voidus

I have one.

An epic whose ability is to perfectly fry any type of food.

His weakness is microwave ovens.

Edit: His name is Crispy.

Edited by Glamdring804

f052902d50a4ff49a4cad041f48b4212.png  Oh come on!

(Clearly Buffeting and Smorgastorm should have an epic Salem duel. :ph34r:)

It's actually one of my favourite names, since I'm generally terrible at names but I thought of it while watching and I was trying to think of some weathery word to combine with buffet then I realized that wind buffets you so it already worked. :D

*Blushes*

Buffeting: Can summon food through myriad weather manipulating techniques.

How about Super Fly: Can create telephone towers that imprision one person, if more than one person is in the tower everyone can leave unless there is only one person left, all and any kind of damage inflicted to the construct is reflected.

or Sticky Fingers: Can create zippers on objects.

How about Super Fly: Can create telephone towers that imprision one person, if more than one person is in the tower everyone can leave unless there is only one person left, all and any kind of damage inflicted to the construct is reflected.

or Sticky Fingers: Can create zippers on objects.

Surprisingly I do have the second one, albeit in a more useful sense, he creates zippers that function as portals into his own dimension. Because I have a hundred intra-dimensional Epics and I like some variety I think I made his dimension smell of off milk and vodka.

"Back in my day insane matter manipulators called you a meanieface full of lame before transmuting your knife into something embarassing and impractical, not a poophead. And we called that respect."

"Didn't she also turn your tux into a tutu?"

*Breaks down into terrified screaming*

"Back in my day insane matter manipulators called you a meanieface full of lame before transmuting your knife into something embarassing and impractical, not a poophead. And we called that respect."

"In my day we called CorpseMaker overpowered for having just one instakill ability! And we liked it that way!"

Well that's strange. I don't think we have any Epics in Portland prone to that kind of behavior. :huh:   :P

Yeah, why take a pencil if you could have a chocolate banana? (Plus, Funtimes hasn't really been in town long enough to have random encounters :ph34r: )

So did Venture contact you or anything about what's going on in Slaem?

Edited by Edgedancer

Back in my day there was only one person on the ATTD list. Granted he was on there three or four billion times but that was just so everyone could take turns killing him.

Surprisingly I do have the second one, albeit in a more useful sense, he creates zippers that function as portals into his own dimension. Because I have a hundred intra-dimensional Epics and I like some variety I think I made his dimension smell of off milk and vodka.

Which means you don't have the other one. Ha, victory is mine. :lol::ph34r::P

"In my day we called CorpseMaker overpowered for having just one instakill ability! And we liked it that way!"

"In my days we called Lucentia a horrible person for whining all the time and we hated her for it!" :P

So did Venture contact you or anything about what's going on in Slaem?

Yeah through a PM, if anyone else wants to introduce a character feel free but it'll be mostly drunk Epics sitting around talking until the next game day.

Which reminds me, I think I also made our first bar-scene which really should have gone to Backtrack and Obliteration. Sorry Kobold.  :mellow:

Yeah through a PM, if anyone else wants to introduce a character feel free but it'll be mostly drunk Epics sitting around talking until the next game day.

Which reminds me, I think I also made our first bar-scene which really should have gone to Backtrack and Obliteration. Sorry Kobold.  :mellow:

I don't think Backtrack will be too disappointed. :P