Duel to the Death: The Lord Ruler or Vasher?

Turos

To the Death  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win?

In a fight to the death, who would win: The Lord Ruler or Vasher?

Ever seen the Death Battle videos? Using the same thought processes and explanations using hard fact and reasonably thorough speculation, who do you think would win in the end?

Edited by Turos Stoneward

Vasher would clearly loss a fight with The Lord Ruler, but he might be able to assassinate him.

If the The Lord Ruler picked nightblood up, it would drain all the investiture from his body, since Scadrials investiture is very weak compared to breaths. He would age really quickly, probably dying instantly.

So all Vasher has to do is leave nightblood somewhere The Lord Ruler will find it, but in a duel to the death Vasher is toast.

Hmm. . .

Compound Gold to heal any incidental damage he may receive,

Compound Steel to move faster than pretty much anything,

Compound Zinc to have a near infinite amount of time to plan every attack and counter

Compound Chromium to be unbelievably lu- "Hey!  I just found a bag of Atium!"

Burn Steel to turn coins into bullets

Burn Duralumin to turn any other power into a super power

Burn Brass to soothe all emotions other than hopelessness

Burn Bronze to detect any investiture being used

Burn Tin for enhanced senses

And of course, Atium.

At this point I'm still trying to figure out how he managed to get taken out in the first book.

At this point I'm still trying to figure out how he managed to get taken out in the first book.

Me too. It's rather astonishing, especially considering he should be able to control Inquisitors directly, just like he does with koloss. If someone tries to kill the Lord Ruler, he could control the Inquisitors that live in Kredik Shaw, anywhere from five to ten of them, and then destroy the intruder. Anyone against ten Inquisitors--except in extreme Shardic interventions, like Vin in book three--is toast, especially when controlled by someone with incredible experience. Add in the Lord Ruler in addition and you're definitely dead.

The only way Vin won was because the Lord Ruler did not find her a threat, and of course, she cheated with the mists anyway ;)

If Vasher is tenth Heightening he can have long range effect. He could awaken things from a distance without even speaking. I'm not saying he would win, but I am saying he could put up a fight if he is at the tenth heightening.

Good point, forgot Awakening becomes ranged. By the tenth heightening could he simply awaken everything LTR is wearing with the command to constrict (or something similar) and thus effectively detain/kill him?

I would probably side with those who believe the Lord Ruler would win.  However, we have LOTS of instances where people stab the Lord Ruler.  He thinks he is immortal, and so unless he is actively looking for invested objects nearby, there is a chance that he would just let himself be stabbed.  Insta-loss.

I would probably side with those who believe the Lord Ruler would win.  However, we have LOTS of instances where people stab the Lord Ruler.  He thinks he is immortal, and so unless he is actively looking for invested objects nearby, there is a chance that he would just let himself be stabbed.  Insta-loss.

Not sure even on that, enough compounded Gold can heal pretty much anything including spiritual damage.

Good point, forgot Awakening becomes ranged. By the tenth heightening could he simply awaken everything LTR is wearing with the command to constrict (or something similar) and thus effectively detain/kill him?

TLR has a way better advantage in ranged combat, maybe he could successfully hold him for a few seconds but TLR can pepper him with metal fragments from a hundred paces in the blink of an eye.

Not sure even on that, enough compounded Gold can heal pretty much anything including spiritual damage.

TLR has a way better advantage in ranged combat, maybe he could successfully hold him for a few seconds but TLR can pepper him with metal fragments from a hundred paces in the blink of an eye.

I disagree with enough compounded gold being able to heal spiritual damage. Though, we have seen instances of spiritual wounds being healed, so I'm not sure which would happen.