The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

Picked up my copy of Elantris. It's the glorious extended edition with lots of stuff.

Went to a beer with friend. It was good.

Friend had the present which didn't make it in time to my birthday party. So now I have the Watchmen with sketches and bonus material glorious edition.

It was a good day.

11 hours ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

I FINISHED 11TH GRADE!!! WOO HOOOOOO!! :D:D:D

Wow, nice! *high five*

I had a good day today.

Wake up

Eat

Go to school

Watch 3 movies, play FTL beat the motherships again, play Isaac, beat Greed mode for the first time

Eat

Had an......interesting "conversation" with some girls across the road.

Went home

Eat

Played some more

Eat

Roleplayed

Eat

Oh, wait, should sleep be here? NOPE

more Roleplay

Homework

Eat

Still awake

1 minute ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Wow, nice! *high five*

I had a good day today.

Wake up

Eat

Go to school

Watch 3 movies, play FTL beat the motherships again, play Isaac, beat Greed mode for the first time

Eat

Had an......interesting "conversation" with some girls across the road.

Went home

Eat

Played some more

Eat

Roleplayed

Eat

Oh, wait, should sleep be here? NOPE

more Roleplay

Homework

Eat

Still awake

It's 7:00 in the morning where I am!

I got to make a sheet of paper by hand today on a mini-field trip for my college course "History of the Book." That was fun.

I also got some discounted froyo because a local yogurt shop was having a 50% off sale today. :D Frozen yogurt is always a good idea.

12 minutes ago, ThirdGen said:

One of those American football things where a player does a particular gesture and people treat this 1-second move like it's a whole dance move.

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

That's dabbing.

The drum majors of our band actually put one into their salute. A little part of me dies every time they do it.

1 hour ago, Delightful said:

Whats the purpose of dabbing? To look cool?

17 minutes ago, bleeder said:

Like many other things in my culture, it exists solely because it exists. No purpose. Like Whole Foods, or fancy parties. People just enjoy it. 

When it comes to many elements of American culture, the question "Why?" can often be answered with "Why not?"

7 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

When it comes to many elements of American culture, the question "Why?" can often be answered with "Why not?"

If you really wanna get down into it, American culture is mostly an amalgam of other cultures with a distinctly misogynistic spin on it. 

4 minutes ago, bleeder said:

If you really wanna get down into it, American culture is mostly an amalgam of other cultures with a distinctly misogynistic spin on it. 

That misogyny has been a part of western society for as long as anyone can remember, though, to varying degrees of severity. It's not like the rest of the world was perfectly egalitarian until America invented misogyny. The same goes for other social ills: They came here with the original colonists and took different forms. 

7 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

That misogyny has been a part of western society for as long as anyone can remember, though, to varying degrees of severity. It's not like the rest of the world was perfectly egalitarian until America invented misogyny. The same goes for other social ills: They came here with the original colonists and took different forms. 

True. But sexism bothers me in general. Bigotry in general, actually.

Just now, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

They bother me, too, but they weren't distinctly American inventions. You could argue that they've been with us since the first group of humans noticed that there was something different about another group of humans and decided that those differences weren't okay. 

True, that. We should have a "philosophical debates" thread.

2 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Why does she have a goat?

Why don't you have a goat?

Context: My coach once brought her pet goat to practice. His name was Leroy, and it was awesome.

I spend a lot of time complaining about work. I'm gonna throw them a bone:

My boss rearranged the entire month rota because I said I'd prefer to work a certain type of shift going forward. I didn't ask him to, and I said repeatedly that I was cool with working what had already been given to us until we got caughtup. And he changed it anyway

Almost makes me feel bad for all the whining I do.