On identities of Shards. The Shardic Coalition desires identities to remain unknown for the current time. I really wish this game hadn't became so pointless for vanilla players and pointless Shards. That really sucks, doesn't it? Of course, even pointless Shards are allowed in the Shardic Coalition, so at least pointless Shards are allowed to actually make decisions. Game Creators should talk about if their games have a point where it is somewhat useless for vanillas. Sorry Joe if that seemed rude towards you.

It's not rude. I completely agree with this. I messed up rather badly in the balancing of roles.

Day 8: A Noticeable lack of Puns.

Preservation floated in the endless space wherein his planet used to be. Had Ruin still been alive, he might have been able to rebuild it, but he alone could not. All he could do was preserve the wreckage as a gave to those whom he’d tries to save. But Odium had taken them. If only he had been able to take up Ati’s Shard, so that he could slaughter Odium himself. But no matter, he had business to be about tonight. He flowed through the barrier into Shadesmar, coming out in the same forest where Ruin had died. His power would be too easily sensed here, so he formed his Physical Body, the one the Worldhoppers knew..

He walked through the forest, intending to visit the clearing where Ruin had died. He had preserved that too, as a final resting place for the man who was once his friend. As he got closer to the clearing, he could Hear voices, two of them, lamenting for their fallen friend. Some of the Shards must have come to visit as well. But which ones? Endowment maybe? or Cultivation?

He pushed through the last of the branches, entering the clearing and raising his hand. “Hello brothers, how are you today?” The two froze, then turned around slowly. They were not Shards, nor were they lamenting over Ruin’s Body, but that of Vineyerian. Odium’s new Shardholder.

The three of them stared at eachother, none of them quite knowing what to do, before the taller of the two spoke up. “So, kill him instead?”

“Yeah, that’d be smart.”

Preservation shot backwards through the trees as Odium and the Champion began to give Pursuit. He didn’t get very far before tripping over a root, falling hard. He scrambled to his feet and tried to continue running, but the Champion tackled him from behind. The smoke blurred man pulled out a Short sword, and stabbed him through the heart. Preservation cried out in pain, and dropped his physical body. Leaving Raiki’s corpse on the floor of the forest as he continued to flee.

A fire bloomed within him, and he was pulled to a halt by Odium’s power. The Shard was too strong for Him to break free. The Broken one expanded, surrounding him with Red Smoke.

SO BROTHER. IT DOESN’T APPEAR YOU’LL BE PRESERVED.

Preservation blinked. That pun was awful. “You haven’t been doing this for very long, have you?

SHUT UP.

“No seriously, I won’t be Preserved? That’s just, stupid. Say, is that how you managed to kill Dominion? Just got him laughing at your stupidity so he wasn’t paying attention?”

OH STORM OFF. LIKE YOU COULD DO BETTER.

“It appears you will be Ruined as well? Duh.” The weight of Odium’s hatred and now, annoyance, was palpable. But hey, if he was going to die, he should get his kicks in while he could. The Sphere of Smoke surrounding him shrunk, forcing him to burn power away to stay alive. He couldn’t hold it for long, Odium was much more experienced in this style of combat. The power began to slip away, as his consciousness faded, until finally he felt it leave entirely, leaving him empty. He could feel his mind being pulled away as well. His last sight was of Odium’s angry eyes.

Twelfthrootoftwo was Preservation! Preservation was Shattered!

The Day will end on Thursday the 24th, at 10pm PST.

Edited by The Only Joe

Winter Cloud, on 24 Feb 2015 - 11:23 PM, said:snapback.png

On identities of Shards. The Shardic Coalition desires identities to remain unknown for the current time. I really wish this game hadn't became so pointless for vanilla players and pointless Shards. That really sucks, doesn't it? Of course, even pointless Shards are allowed in the Shardic Coalition, so at least pointless Shards are allowed to actually make decisions. Game Creators should talk about if their games have a point where it is somewhat useless for vanillas. Sorry Joe if that seemed rude towards you.

Shard identities and plans should remain secret, although speaking for the rest of us plebs, it would be nice to get some direction once in a while. As it is, we're flailing about and having more success in lynching our own than the enemy, and given how quiet these threads are, we don't have much to go on when selecting a target.

The amount of information the Shards have is, I expect, a hell of a lot more than the information we get as non-Shards. There are 14 players left. 5 of those are friendly Shards, one is Odium, one is Hoid, leaving 7 possibilities (myself included) who may or may not be Odium's Champions.

So, who has suspicions they would like to share?

First of all,

Araris (and Winter, to a degree), I’m trying to see your point of view, and I understand that the power of certain roles compared to villagers is irritating, but please understand that all I’m (and the Shards) trying to do is win. That’s really all that matters. Honestly, if I was in your place, I would probably be cheering away for the Shards, and trying to help out as best I could. I hope you realize how extremely suspicious it seems to pretty much say, “I’m trying to lynch one of the most powerful Shards because I don’t like the current strategy.” That’s what it looks like to me. An OC might possibly say that. An OC (Odium actually) already lied to us about his role, thus people who do the same are suspicious to us. Again, we are not malicious. We are trying to win, the best way we know how. You say that we are not giving enough information, but how are we to know who is trustworthy? We are currently trying to figure that out ourselves. Until we do, the flat-out proclamation of your intention to lynch a Shard (even if you don’t really know if a particular person is a Shard or not) is not the right way to take the game back for the villagers.

Now that that's out of the way, Sarcomere is not currently Odium. I will check and come back with more.

Edit: Ashiok, Meta, Feligon, and Sarcomere are currently clean (from being Odium. One of them could be an OC though). I'm not sure where that leaves the player list...

Edited by Snoopy

1. Living Players:

1. Second of Sky (Alvron)

2. Jain (Lightsworn Panda)

2. Bortin (Bort)

Cleo and Kae(Winter Cloud)

Gerald Hobbes (Snoopy)

Frank (Feligon) - Not Odium

Captain Qayshar Junglewood (swalji09 - Now known as Splinter)

Leif Erikson (Leiftinspace)

Animus (Tulir)

KaanDra (Ashiok) - Not Odium

Scree (Sarcomere) - Not Odium

Cognition (Metacognition) - Not Odium

Baron Von Piff (Pifferdoo)

Lu (Luckat)

The Dead:

1. Satrams - A Normal Worldhopper mistaken for Hoid

2. Clink - A Village Poisoner whose wares were too costly.

Mek - A Normal Worldhopper who lost a swordfight.

Aonar Izenry - Ruin's original Shardholder

Maw - Odium's original Holder.

Grarmps - Holder of the Unmade

Lady Otrisce - Awakener

Derushe - Worldhopper

Martin - A Witness

Vineyerian - A Poisoner

Dorin - A Champion

Eolhondras - Dominion

JasonPenguin - Lifeless operator

Araris - Voidbringer (alignment as yet unknown).

Twelthrootoftwo - Preservation

Voila. One up-to-date list (I think).

Mostly because he has been so quiet throughout the game, my vote this cycle is for Tulir.

Edit: I was tempted to add my name to the list of players confirmed as not being Odium, but thought better of it. That is probably a sure fire way to get myself lynched :)

Edit 2: Is there a maximum of one of each minor role per side, or can each side have multiple of each?

Edit 3: What happens when Odium's Shard is passed on? As in, say it went to a Witness. Would they retain the Witness abilities, or would they be overwritten by the Shardic abilities?

Edited by Bort

Well, whether I'm an OC doesn't really matter at this point. I can't really contribute much more except to explain that I was a bit bored and tried to figure out a better way to get involved. One way was to fake being an awakener, which was fun. If I had successfully overthrown the shardic coalition before Snoopy got invested by Cultivation that would also have been pretty cool. I would like to point out that Odium hasn't missed a single shard kill yet, which implies that the village is the only group that doesn't know who all the shards are.

Araris, I hope you forgive me if you're good. Please understand what it looked like from my side. As for the OCs knowing the Shards, notice that they are double tapping every kill now. This implies that they don't specifically know, and want to be sure of killing someone every time.

Bort, thanks for the list.

Splinter, Araris is already dead, effectively. A vote for him is pointless.

Splinter, Araris is already dead, effectively. A vote for him is pointless.

Sorry Snoopy, but I have been sick the past few days (stomach bug) and have not been able to follow up on things.  How is it pointless?

Sorry Snoopy, but I have been sick the past few days (stomach bug) and have not been able to follow up on things.  How is it pointless?

Araris was lynched last cycle. However, he is a Voidbringer, which means he gets to live one more cycle, but automatically dies at the end of that cycle.

Snoopy, according to the tags, you need to teach odium something.

Bort:

1. Second of Sky (Alvron)
  2. Jain (Lightsworn Panda)
  3. Bortin (Bort)
  4. Cleo and Kae(Winter Cloud)
  5. Gerald Hobbes (Snoopy)
  6. Frank (Feligon) - Not Odium
  7. Captain Qayshar Junglewood (swalji09 - Now known as Splinter)
  8. Leif Erikson (Leiftinspace)
  9. Animus (Tulir)
  10. KaanDra (Ashiok) - Not Odium
  11. Scree (Sarcomere) - Not Odium
  12. Cognition (Metacognition) - Not Odium
  13. Baron Von Piff (Pifferdoo)
  14. Lu (Luckat)

I think I can add a few more on this list

winter cloud

snoopy

the list of suspicions grows ever shorter

and I notice you didn't say you weren't Odium...

Winter is 4 in the list and Snoopy is 5.

Or do you mean they are not Odium? If so, I only added the people Snoopy mentioned in his post. That's also why I didn't give my name as not Odium. Even though I'm not.

Edited by Bort

First of all,

Araris (and Winter, to a degree), I’m trying to see your point of view, and I understand that the power of certain roles compared to villagers is irritating, but please understand that all I’m (and the Shards) trying to do is win. That’s really all that matters. Honestly, if I was in your place, I would probably be cheering away for the Shards, and trying to help out as best I could. I hope you realize how extremely suspicious it seems to pretty much say, “I’m trying to lynch one of the most powerful Shards because I don’t like the current strategy.” That’s what it looks like to me. An OC might possibly say that. An OC (Odium actually) already lied to us about his role, thus people who do the same are suspicious to us. Again, we are not malicious. We are trying to win, the best way we know how. You say that we are not giving enough information, but how are we to know who is trustworthy? We are currently trying to figure that out ourselves. Until we do, the flat-out proclamation of your intention to lynch a Shard (even if you don’t really know if a particular person is a Shard or not) is not the right way to take the game back for the villagers.

Now that that's out of the way, Sarcomere is not currently Odium. I will check and come back with more.

Edit: Ashiok, Meta, Feligon, and Sarcomere are currently clean (from being Odium. One of them could be an OC though). I'm not sure where that leaves the player list...

I know the Shards want to win. However, I want to actually enjoy myself. I had a lot more fun in the games where we had to work and lost than having the game so overpowered. (No offense, Joe.) 

Snoopy, according to the tags, you need to teach odium something.

Bort:

I think I can add a few more on this list

winter cloud

snoopy

the list of suspicions grows ever shorter

and I notice you didn't say you weren't Odium...

Do you mean you can take them off the list?

Splinter, your vote would be redundant, since Araris is going to die anyway today.

Tulir, we're going to need some of your much-needed contribution.

Edit: COLOUR

Edited by Lightsworn Panda

Overall, most of this game the people I have been suspicious of have been mostly proven innocent, so I am not feeling strong in any direction.  Bort, Feligion, and Luckat are all the ones I feels strongest about, but I don't really want to vote for them, as I am not anywhere close to sure.

Because Araris was a Voidbringer (thanks Snoopy for clearing that up) I am going to take my vote off of him as it is pointless.  I have some suspicions for Feligon but I don't actually have any proof other than he has been acting suspicious so I will not vote for him just yet.

I'm going to vote for Pifferdoo because, when the worlds got blown up, the OC's probably distributed themselves as evenly as they could, and that would mean Roshar got cleaned from its two OC's.  (I had this worded better but then accidentally tabbed before backspacing >.< )

Edited by Feligon

I don't really have much other than he's not on the list and not on a world that probably has no more OC's on it.  I'm at least trying to lower the amount of people we suspect.  (Vineyarddawg, Mailliw73, and Gamma Fiend were all OC's that died on Roshar).  But if you're telling me you have reasonable evidence to prove Pifferdoo's innocence, or at least a reason why others are more suspicious, then I will move my vote.  As it stands, the best I can really do with the information I have is to lessen the pool of suspects and hopefully get an OC.

Edited by Feligon