Without Looking It Up (game)

Newan

There's an even newer set, I know the water dude is called pinplup or something. I can probably name the other generations aside from that though.

I can even tell you that Espeon and Umbreon are the starters for Pokemon Colosseum. I'm stumped for any newer generation, though.

Gen I and III.5

Bulbasaur

Squirtle

Charmander

Gen I only

Pikachu

Gen II and IV.5

Chikorita

Totodile

Cyndaquil

Gen III and VI.5

Treecko

Mudkip

Torchic

Gen IV

Turtwig

Piplup

Chimchar

Gen V and V.5

Snivy

Oshawott

Tepig

Gen VI

Chespin

Froakie

Fennekin

I can even tell you that Espeon and Umbreon are the starters for Pokemon Colosseum. I'm stumped for any newer generation, though.

Umbreon and Espeon, though they are the Pokemon you start with in Colosseum as you say, are not considered starter Pokemon. Starter Pokemon, as fanonically defined (might be canon?) are of types Grass, Water, or Fire that the player is given as their first Pokemon within the handheld RPGs. In addition, the starter Pokemon is not capable of being caught during regular gameplay of the given generation (i.e. Gen VI starters cannot be caught during regular gameplay of Gen VI games). Pikachu is included due to being the only starter in Yellow Version, and the wide popularity of said version.

WLIU name 5 elements in the Lanthanide or Actinide series of the periodic table.

Edited by Blaze1616

1. Tallahassee, FL

2. Sacramento, CA

3. Olympia, WA

4. Charleston, NC? or WV?

5. Bismarck, ND

6. Salem, OR

7. Austin, TX

8. Carson City, NV

9. Phoenix, AZ

10. Santa Fe, NM

11. Salt Lake City, UT

12. Boise, ID

13. Dover, DE

14. Providence, RI

15. Concord, NH

Ten African colonies 

Gen I and III.5

Bulbasaur

Squirtle

Charmander

Gen I only

Pikachu

Gen II and IV.5

Chikorita

Totodile

Cyndaquil

Gen III and VI.5

Treecko

Mudkip

Torchic

Gen IV

Turtwig

Piplup

Chimchar

Gen V and V.5

Snivy

Oshawott

Tepig

Gen VI

Chespin

Froakie

Fennekin

Umbreon and Espeon, though they are the Pokemon you start with in Colosseum as you say, are not considered starter Pokemon. Starter Pokemon, as fanonically defined (might be canon?) are of types Grass, Water, or Fire that the player is given as their first Pokemon within the handheld RPGs. In addition, the starter Pokemon is not capable of being caught during regular gameplay of the given generation (i.e. Gen VI starters cannot be caught during regular gameplay of Gen VI games). Pikachu is included due to being the only starter in Yellow Version, and the wide popularity of said version.

WLIU name 5 elements in the Lanthanide or Actinide series of the periodic table.

Wow, I didn't even KNOW about gen V and VI

1. Tallahassee, FL

2. Sacramento, CA

3. Olympia, WA

4. Charleston, NC? or WV?

5. Bismarck, ND

6. Salem, OR

7. Austin, TX

8. Carson City, NV

9. Phoenix, AZ

10. Santa Fe, NM

11. Salt Lake City, UT

12. Boise, ID

13. Dover, DE

14. Providence, RI

15. Concord, NH

Ten African colonies 

#3 is South Carolina. :)  That's impressive, though!  I think I tossed that information from my mental storage long ago.

#3 is South Carolina. :)  That's impressive, though!  I think I tossed that information from my mental storage long ago.

It's actually West Virginia. I used to get it mixed up, since I learned about Charleston, SC from the Civil War and that's where the name stuck. However, the capital of South Carolina is Columbia. (I had to look this part up. All I knew was that I was confident that Charleston wasn't the right city.) It's a confusing deal at times.

Re: African colonies:

Most modern states have the same names as the colonies they came from. There are some exceptions, though, just like in chemistry. (See Rhodesia.)

Edited by Curiosity

It's actually West Virginia. I used to get it mixed up, since I learned about Charleston, SC from the Civil War and that's where the name stuck. However, the capital of South Carolina is Columbia. (I had to look this part up. All I knew was that I was confident that Charleston wasn't the right city.) It's a confusing deal at times.

Re: African colonies:

Most modern states have the same names as the colonies they came from. There are some exceptions, though, just like in chemistry. (See Rhodesia.)

See, this is why I stink at these geography ones. :lol:    If the challenge was to identify a state by shape, I'd be great!  

I'm going to answer the previous toothpaste question AND the African Colony one!

Toothpastes 

1) Colgate

2) Crest

3) Aquafresh

4) Tom's of Maine

5) Rembrandt

6) Sensodyne

Bonus: Darlie, from Asia...the worst toothpaste on the planet because of its racist name in Chinese

African Colonies:

1) Gold Coast (present day Ghana, British)

2) Rhodesia (present day Zimbabwe...at least for Northern Rhodesia, British)

3) German Togoland (Modern day Togo and the Volta region of Ghana)

4) Kenya Colony (British)

5) Senegal (French)

6) Cote d' Ivoire (French)

7) Niger (French)

8) South Africa (British)

9) Tanzania (British AND German...a lot changed after the war)

10a) Italian Somaliland

10b) British Somaliland

11) Eritrea (Italy)

12) Portuguese East Africa (present day Mozambique)

13) Belgian Congo/Zaire (Present day Democratic Republic of Congo)

14) French Algeria

15) Chad (French)

16) Cameroon/Kamerun (German...then French and British)

17) Spanish Guinea (present day Equatorial Guinea)

WWI saw a lot of Germany's colonies change to French and British.

Edit: Good, I am more or lest correct, so without furtherado:

WLIU, name three fiction novels by Alexandre Dumas.

Edited by Titan Arum