Agreed, the gloves would probably be best.

You can never have enough Epics. :P MD is probably one of my favorite ideas on the doc, with his ability to diagnose any form of problem. Backscratch, I'm sorry to say, would predominantly be used in Backtrack ships. :P

Unfortunately MD would also be the hardest one to RP as other than precogs, since they need god-modding to a degree to RP accurately.
Metronome is probably the most useless at present and as such will definitely make an appearance with an over-inflated ego.

"So you can shoot lasers out of your eyes, fly and crush building by gesturing at them. Ooooh I'm so scared, prepare to witness my awesome power!"
"It is now 11:24"

Agreed, the gloves would probably be best.

Unfortunately MD would also be the hardest one to RP as other than precogs, since they need god-modding to a degree to RP accurately.

Metronome is probably the most useless at present and as such will definitely make an appearance with an over-inflated ego.

"So you can shoot lasers out of your eyes, fly and crush building by gesturing at them. Ooooh I'm so scared, prepare to witness my awesome power!"

"It is now 11:24"

"I diagnose the principal problem of this RP as being the admission of heavily overpowered characters, such as myself."

"And me! My ability to instantly divine the time of day is completely gamebreaking!"

"Um, no. Sorry Metronome, but I already diagnosed you with a delusional sense of self-worth. Don't blame yourself, blame Voidus. He's the one with the compulsive urge to create hordes of Epics." 

;):P

Overinflated ego, underwhelming powers...you know, I think Metronome would get along famously with Lord Snakehands. :P

"What time is it, my chronomantic friend?"

"Let me think... TIME FOR METRONOME AND LORD SNAKEHANDS TO ROCK THIS CITY!"

<<That-time-Metronome-and-Snakehands-got-drunk-in-the-middle-of-Newcago-and-challenged-Steelheart's-rule.>>

Heh. I just watched Hook for the bajillionth time tonight. :D

Oh, how I envy you. At work today, a kid turned on FX, which happened to be playing the 2005 live-action version of Peter Pan. 

….

I can't believe I thought that movie was decent, once upon a time. By the time the camera zoomed in on a close-up of a homeless man chanting "I do believe in fairies, I do, I do" through his unkempt beard, I was wondering if they even hired an editor for that script. 

Down the line you could have them steal some of PPs gloves and try to replicate the technology.

Um, I forgot, are they ones that shoot energy blasts? I like that idea, but it'd probably end up being Luke or Sierra, the two Reckoners more interested in that.

They make things that they touch explosive, he usually carries a few pebbles around with him, charges them with energy and then throws them to create purpley explodeyness.

Ah, yes, how could I forget? :P. It's been a while since we've seen those in action.

Oh, how I envy you. At work today, a kid turned on FX, which happened to be playing the 2005 live-action version of Peter Pan. 

….

I can't believe I thought that movie was decent, once upon a time. By the time the camera zoomed in on a close-up of a homeless man chanting "I do believe in fairies, I do, I do" through his unkempt beard, I was wondering if they even hired an editor for that script. 

Huh. I haven't seen that particular remake, and your unflattering description of it doesn't make me eager to try it.  :mellow: I liked what Once Upon a Time did with the source material, though, and Hook is a definite classic.

And why is it that I can see Lightwards uttering many of Hook's lines during his speeches?  :huh:

"Hello, my stupid, sorry, parasitic sacks of entrails..."

I don't know what to do with Freq either. I don't think he'd really join anyone, but then being by himself is boring to write.

*Cough* 10 pages of Epics for him to recruit and form a minor group with. *Cough*

The fact that MoNA!Headshot and flashback!Headshot share a name is really starting to bug me. Would anyone mind if I edited his name to Xmus Jaxon Flaxon-Waxon? :P

While that would be amazing, personally I think there would be quite a few Epics with the same name. I imagine there's probably a dozen or so Scorch's for example.

Thanks!

Well, not many people even have heard of Black Fist and very few are actually painting their hands, but you have a good point. I just don't think Corpsemaker would bother with it. I need Joe's opinion, but if he were to see a few people with black fists, I don't think he'd think much of it. It will gather momentum and become a larger thing, at which point there will be a confrontation, which is the scene I'm planning, but I don't think it'll be a big issue yet. Max doesn't even know about this yet. He (or some of the Reckoners) might try to discourage it if they think it will lead to something bad, but Max for one, will be proud that his idea is being carried so far. Does that sound reasonable? I don't want to God-mod this just for a cool scene. If it you don't think it'll work, I can try something else. (Maybe black gloves?)

CorpseMaker is recruiting by Having Streetwise search for Epics who use their powers. Then he sends someone to recruit or kill. So The painted fists would work, but does seem kind of silly honestly. It's like the Ghostbloods tattooing themselves. It just doesn't make any sense if you don't want to be found.

Fair enough. Nobunaga's one of the more popular daimyos in fiction entirely because of his infamy. Have you ever read The Boy and the Samurai? It's a piece of historical fiction set in the Sengoku period, ostensibly for small children. I read it as a small child but have immensely enjoyed every re-read since. :)

That could be interesting--though I imagine the number of female Epics posing as men would be very slim. Only the most devoted of misogynists would say anything nasty about an indestructible death-woman who can and will annihilate you on a whim. :P

Never heard of it to be honest, guess I´ll take a look at it.

Fair point, the only proper reason I could think of would be something weakness related.

Nighthound would. <_<

And suddenly the oath to hunt down and kill Nighthound seems all the more logical.

I now have 10 pages of Epics in the ideas thread and still many more in my offline doc... I think I may be overdoing it a tad. :wacko:

Whatever would give you that impression? :P

The fact that MoNA!Headshot and flashback!Headshot share a name is really starting to bug me. Would anyone mind if I edited his name to Xmus Jaxon Flaxon-Waxon? :P

Not if you choose a better name. :P