Clearly Koschei was the Master all along, and he regenerated into Mobius when Remington wasn't looking. :P

Though that does beg the question of whether Calamity would grant superpowers to a Time Lord.

Welcome to the Top 50. Be warned: 'Tis a silly place, filled with conflict and intrigue. Only the bravest, cleverest, and most strikingly handsome members ever make it to the Top 10. This statement is in no way influenced by the personal situation of the poster.

I was expecting the current chain of Doctor Who/WHIO crossovers to end with the Tardis exploding and becoming Calamity.  

Only the best compliments manage to assuage the egos of both the complimentor and the complimentee.  

I was expecting the current chain of Doctor Who/WHIO crossovers to end with the Tardis exploding and becoming Calamity.  

Only the best compliments manage to assuage the egos of both the complimentor and the complimentee.  

:mellow:

That's brilliant... :o

It takes a keen and witty intellect to compliment a suave fellow like yourself. B)  :P

Clearly Koschei was the Master all along, and he regenerated into Mobius when Remington wasn't looking. :P

Though that does beg the question of whether Calamity would grant superpowers to a Time Lord.

Welcome to the Top 50. Be warned: 'Tis a silly place, filled with conflict and intrigue. Only the bravest, cleverest, and most strikingly handsome members ever make it to the Top 10. This statement is in no way influenced by the personal situation of the poster.

Just when I thought Earth under Calamity couldn't become any more of a Crapsack World than it already is.... :mellow:

Interesting question. Perhaps, though given the apparent laws of gifting, I'm inclined to think Calamity would assume a Time Lord was powerful enough already. Then again, if I'm right and Calamity is both sentient and malevolent, then it might claim a Time Lord as it's own just for kicks and giggles. Unless, of course, Calamity is only capable of affecting humans, in which case malevolence is a moot point.

Bravest. Pfft. He hasn't even shipped Lightwards with Möbius yet. Then again, he did ship her with Koschei before knowing what a truly terrifying couple they'd be, so....:P

This Sub-Forum has 11,505 total posts

TwiLyght has 3,373 posts making up 29% of the total posts in this Forum. This is 85% of her total Posts (3,930)

Kobold has 2,447 posts or 21% of the total. This is also 53% of his total post count for the Site (4,1614).

That's 50% of the Sub-Forum between them.

Edgedancer comes next with 1,769 Posts, or 15%. This is 68% of his total Posts.

Voidus has another 1,354 posts, making up 11%. THis is only 39% of his total.

These 4 make up 75% of the Sub-Forum.

Mailliw has 802 posts, giving him 7% of the Forum. This is a mere 28% of his total posts.

The rest of the players have more posts in other forums, like Sanderson Elimination, so I can’t do their stats.

*All post counts were taken about 10 minutes ago, which means that everyone has already posted a good hundred times since. Seriously guys, write slower!

Edited by The Only Joe

This Sub-Forum has 11,505 total posts

TwiLyght has 3,373 posts making up 29% of the total posts in this Forum. This is 85% of her total Posts (3,930)

Kobold has 2,447 posts or 21% of the total. This is also 53% of his total post count for the Site (4,1614).

That 50% of the Sub-Forum between them.

Edgedancer comes next with 1,769 Posts, or 15%. This is 68% of his total Posts.

Voidus has another 1,354 posts, making up 11%. THis is only 39% of his total.

These 4 make up 75% of the Sub-Forum.

Mailliw has 802 posts, giving him 7% of the Forum. This is a mere 28% of his total posts.

The rest of the players have more posts in other forums, like Sanderson Elimination, so I can’t do their stats.

*All post counts were taken about 10 minutes ago, which means that everyone has already posted a good hundred times since. Seriously guys, write slower!

Write slower? Never? :P

Seriously, though, I post here that much? I believe it, but still. :mellow:

This Sub-Forum has 11,505 total posts[/size]

TwiLyght has 3,373 posts making up 29% of the total posts in this Forum. This is 85% of her total Posts (3,930)[/size]

Kobold has 2,447 posts or 21% of the total. This is also 53% of his total post count for the Site (4,1614).[/size]

That 50% of the Sub-Forum between them.[/size]

Edgedancer comes next with 1,769 Posts, or 15%. This is 68% of his total Posts.[/size]

Voidus has another 1,354 posts, making up 11%. THis is only 39% of his total.[/size]

These 4 make up 75% of the Sub-Forum.[/size]

Mailliw has 802 posts, giving him 7% of the Forum. This is a mere 28% of his total posts.[/size]

The rest of the players have more posts in other forums, like Sanderson Elimination, so I can’t do their stats.[/size]

*All post counts were taken about 10 minutes ago, which means that everyone has already posted a good hundred times since. Seriously guys, write slower![/size]

802 posts make up only 7% of this? Wow...

My highest post count is in the Reckoners subforum. 114 of my 210. That's 0.99% of this forum and 54% of my total posts. I feel rather inadequate right now...

But no matter. Soon, Edassa shall rise and unseat Oregon, thus taking its rightful place at the pinnacle of 17th Shard post counts.

[cackling maniacal laughter]

Oops. Sorry about that. I think we were talking about Oregon. Specifically, The Dalles. Who's up next there? Because I'm ready to bring in Arvin on his dragon and toast some pandas as soon as I won't be double posting there.

This somehow does not surprise me :P

Neither am I to be honest. Now to really impress me Joe has to do the same calculations with our reputation. :P

My highest post count is in the Reckoners subforum. 114 of my 210. That's 0.99% of this forum and 54% of my total posts. I feel rather inadequate right now...

But no matter. Soon, Edassa shall rise and unseat Oregon, thus taking its rightful place at the pinnacle of 17th Shard post counts.

[cackling maniacal laughter]

Oops. Sorry about that. I think we were talking about Oregon. Specifically, The Dalles. Who's up next there? Because I'm ready to bring in Arvin on his dragon and toast some pandas as soon as I won't be double posting there.

But does Edassa have the same meme army we have? ;)

Mostly Kobold I think. The invasion probably isn´t making any big progress until Vondra gets that pig messanger and a good couple of characters are waiting for the reply by Arsenal, no clue what´s up with the Quicksilver people and naturally there´s the option of filler... I might start looking into that.

Neither am I to be honest. Now to really impress me Joe has to do the same calculations with our reputation. :P

You have no Idea how long that's been taking me. I've been working on that off and on for the past week, counting the total RP Posts, Planning Posts and Joke Posts, counting the rep for each person in all of them. Over Christmas Break I'll spend a day or four finishing the whole thing. And I'll finish My Elimination Profiles for all past players. And memorize my lines for Midsummer night's Dream and Move the MAG crew away from Luthadel. And ect. ect. ect.

How is my Christmas break so full of things that need to be done?

I looked at a few churches in the Dalles, and this one is the best match for the Koschei massacre site.  It's a Mormon church, and it is closest to the description in this post.  It's a pointed, brick building with a steeple.  However, there are a couple of issues.  Mormon steeples don't have crosses, and it isn't on the edge of town.  But I have headcanon for that.  I may have gotten a little bit carried away...

Headcanon:

After Calamity, there was some initial destruction.  Most of the buildings in the Dalles, including most of the churches, are made of wood, so even a minor fire epic could cause a lot of damage.  Maybe the epic had a personal vendetta against churches, or maybe it was just bad luck, but one way or another, most of the churches in the Dalles (along with many of the houses along the southeast end of the city) burned before somebody managed to put the fire epic down.  After the fire, many of the people of the Dalles just left.  They wanted to be with their families, and it just wouldn't be worth it to try to rebuild.  A town as small as the Dalles just didn't seem like it was worth fighting for.  

There were others who refused to leave.  Maybe they had nowhere to go, or maybe they were just stubborn.  People banded together to build new homes for those who had none.  Rather than converting a building near the new center of town to a church, they decided to restore the old one.  It became a multi-denominational church, with a cross on the steeple, but with meetings for those of all faiths.  People of all religions would travel to the edge of town to meet in an old brick church, because to them it was a symbol that there are some things that Epics will never destroy.  

When Koschei the Deathless arrived, they were singing the first verse of How Great Thou Art.  Later verses refer to Christ specifically, but the first verse can apply to anyone's god.  Imagine people of all different faiths, gathering together to praise God.  Epics were considered forces of nature.  Stopping an Epic would be like stopping a storm.  But these people sang together that when they heard the rolling thunder, they would cry out to God, "How great thou art!"  They didn't know that Koschei was coming, that he was going to take their lives, but they had faced others before.  When they saw an Epic, they didn't say, "Why have you forsaken me, God?"  They said, "No matter how powerful you are, God is greater."  Koschei thought he was deathless, but he was wrong.  In the end, he was just another passing storm.  Their faith was what truly couldn't be killed.  

I looked at a few churches in the Dalles, and this one is the best match for the Koschei massacre site.  It's a Mormon church, and it is closest to the description in this post.  It's a pointed, brick building with a steeple.  However, there are a couple of issues.  Mormon steeples don't have crosses, and it isn't on the edge of town.  But I have headcanon for that.  I may have gotten a little bit carried away...

Headcanon:

After Calamity, there was some initial destruction.  Most of the buildings in the Dalles, including most of the churches, are made of wood, so even a minor fire epic could cause a lot of damage.  Maybe the epic had a personal vendetta against churches, or maybe it was just bad luck, but one way or another, most of the churches in the Dalles (along with many of the houses along the southeast end of the city) burned before somebody managed to put the fire epic down.  After the fire, many of the people of the Dalles just left.  They wanted to be with their families, and it just wouldn't be worth it to try to rebuild.  A town as small as the Dalles just didn't seem like it was worth fighting for.  

There were others who refused to leave.  Maybe they had nowhere to go, or maybe they were just stubborn.  People banded together to build new homes for those who had none.  Rather than converting a building near the new center of town to a church, they decided to restore the old one.  It became a multi-denominational church, with a cross on the steeple, but with meetings for those of all faiths.  People of all religions would travel to the edge of town to meet in an old brick church, because to them it was a symbol that there are some things that Epics will never destroy.  

When Koschei the Deathless arrived, they were singing the first verse of How Great Thou Art.  Later verses refer to Christ specifically, but the first verse can apply to anyone's god.  Imagine people of all different faiths, gathering together to praise God.  Epics were considered forces of nature.  Stopping an Epic would be like stopping a storm.  But these people sang together that when they heard the rolling thunder, they would cry out to God, "How great thou art!"  They didn't know that Koschei was coming, that he was going to take their lives, but they had faced others before.  When they saw an Epic, they didn't say, "Why have you forsaken me, God?"  They said, "No matter how powerful you are, God is greater."  Koschei thought he was deathless, but he was wrong.  In the end, he was just another passing storm.  Their faith was what truly couldn't be killed.  

Wow. That is a very detailed headcanon. I admit I hadn't put as much detail into my thought process when I sought out churches in The Dalles. 

I actually didn't have a specific church in mind when I wrote that scene. I'd looked at various churches in The Dalles to get an idea of general architectural trends, and then described the church according to the most common attributes. (I was actually somewhat afraid of getting too many details right about an actual church there; when I started that scene, I wasn't entirely sure where it was going. I knew it would end in horror, but I wasn't sure how, so I used a fictional church to avoid accidentally implying anything about a real one.) Emmanuel Baptist Church (technically in Chenoweth) could be considered a match, although I'd describe it as "sprawling" rather than "narrow" and "pointed." 

As for this church's denomination, I too pictured it as interdenominational. My personal headcanon was that although many believers still embraced denominations nominally, in practice the lines between the different sects became blurred after Calamity brought all the social difficulties it did. It's difficult to claim Catholics aren't really Christians—as, sadly, some Protestants do—when you're in a refugee center, watching a priest care for a burn victim like she's his own daughter. So by the time Koschei came into town (roughly six years after Annexation Day) people simply attended whichever church was closest to where they lived. Some churches in communities traditionally divided by denominations (for instance, the downtown area where no fewer than ten churches are located would have had some families attending Seventh Day Adventist services, with others going to Baptist or Mormon or Foursquare churches, even if they lived down the street from one another) would have seen an influx of attendees from other denominations. These churches may have put various pastors in a rotation of sorts—congregants would hear a sermon from an SDA pastor one week and one from a Catholic priest the next. I have it in my head that some of those churches might even embrace the American colonial Quaker practice of not having a pastor; like the Quakers, they would probably sing a few songs, then sit and allow whoever had a word or insight they felt led to share to come forward and share it. Since those churches would almost certainly be of mixed denominations, there would be quite a bit of discussion and even debate on various doctrinal points. 

….

Where was I again? 

Oh. Right. The church Koschei attacked wasn't really based on any existing church. 

All the talk about religion made me think about which of my Epics would represent which sin. The whole exercise ended quickly when I realized that Nighthound is all of them except maybe envy.

I'd actually have to say that Wrath is another, creepy he may be but Nighthound just doesn't compete with Epics like Nightwielder for pure wrath.

All the talk about religion made me think about which of my Epics would represent which sin. The whole exercise ended quickly when I realized that Nighthound is all of them except maybe envy.

When does he exhibit Sloth? Whatever else you can say about Nighthound, he seems to be an industrious little tike. If anything Voidgaze is closer to Sloth.

Headcanon:

Wow. Really awesome work! This is as awesome as the Harry Potter fans who worked out where Durmstrang is located. Upvote!

Lucentia would be pride. She is pride incarnate. (Does anyone else feel the irrational urge to punch Pride Incarnate in her smug little face? No? Just me? :mellow:)

I'd actually have to say that Wrath is another, creepy he may be but Nighthound just doesn't compete with Epics like Nightwielder for pure wrath.

You could argue that he has the slow-burning type of wrath, but I think Lightwards represents it far better. 

When does he exhibit Sloth? Whatever else you can say about Nighthound, he seems to be an industrious little tike. If anything Voidgaze is closer to Sloth.

In his intro post, when he has a hound dragging his rickshaw (!!!) even though he could probably walk ten times farther than his hound could drag it, that could be an example of sloth. 

….

Insanity and Flightiness aren't deadly sins, are they? Neither is (checks list) selfishness, though I suppose Envy would be the closest to that. Quota doesn't really represent any of the cardinal sins, either, though he represents a host of others (cruelty among them). Koschei definitely represents Pride, Wrath, Greed, and arguably Envy as well. 

Lucentia would be pride. She is pride incarnate. (Does anyone else feel the irrational urge to punch Pride Incarnate in her smug little face? No? Just me? :mellow:)

You could argue that he has the slow-burning type of wrath, but I think Lightwards represents it far better. 

In his intro post, when he has a hound dragging his rickshaw (!!!) even though he could probably walk ten times farther than his hound could drag it, that could be an example of sloth. 

….

Insanity and Flightiness aren't deadly sins, are they? Neither is (checks list) selfishness, though I suppose Envy would be the closest to that. Quota doesn't really represent any of the cardinal sins, either, though he represents a host of others (cruelty among them). Koschei definitely represents Pride, Wrath, Greed, and arguably Envy as well. 

I'd rather throw Lucentia into the event horizon of a black hole. She could heal from a simple punch in the face.

Lightwards is just the kind of pretentious person who would talk about people "trembling before his wrath," too.  <_<

He can also adequately embody Pride, Greed, and Envy. Pretty much the only sin he doesn't touch is Lust. (Unless a lust for power counts.)

Who would be Lust anyway? I mean, if we aren't counting for power, it's kind of disturbing. I mean, sure a lot of them are lustful, but none that can recall being like Nighthound and cruelty. Of course, I'm only up to page 17 in the Portland thread (as in reading it), so maybe you guys have a better idea. 

Who would be Lust anyway? I mean, if we aren't counting for power, it's kind of disturbing. I mean, sure a lot of them are lustful, but none that can recall being like Nighthound and cruelty. Of course, I'm only up to page 17 in the Portland thread (as in reading it), so maybe you guys have a better idea. 

Once Nighthound kidnaps Ray, he comes to represent lust quite well. :o 

You know what would be kind of awesome? Nighthound vs. a badchull Catholic priest. (Who holds his own. And lives.) The embodiment of arguably every cardinal sin vs. a badchull man of the cloth? Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks that could be flipping awesome. 

Once Nighthound kidnaps Ray, he comes to represent lust quite well. :o

You know what would be kind of awesome? Nighthound vs. a badchull Catholic priest. (Who holds his own. And lives.) The embodiment of arguably every cardinal sin vs. a badchull man of the cloth? Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks that could be flipping awesome. 

"The power of God compels thee... as does my fist."

I've not gotten that far yet...not sure if I want to. 

Backtrack sort of represents Lust in a comically dorky sort of way.

As for the Nighthound/Ray relationship... it's disturbing, but there's nothing explicit. Honestly the worst that's happened on that front is a couple of very creepy hugs. Certainly a violation, but not quite the dark and gritty material you're probably thinking of.