Discussion on State of The Sanderson 2

Moash

This is great news, however it's looking like 1 "main" Cosmere book every 2 years.  Or you can figure that the rate at which mainline Cosmere books are coming out, is slowing down.  With how many there are left I'm not sure if they will all get finished...

We're already looking at thirty years minimum before the entirety of the Cosmere will be complete. I love the Cosmere but I'd like to finish it sometime before I die, heh.

Brandon is 39. If we have 30 years of Cosmere left, we better home this list doesn't grow much with new projects. He seems so pragmatic that I have to believe he has a date at which his focus will shift towards completing priority series (SA, Mistborn, Dragonsteel).

(Glad I'm 2 years younger than him!)

This is great news, however it's looking like 1 "main" Cosmere book every 2 years.  Or you can figure that the rate at which mainline Cosmere books are coming out, is slowing down.  With how many there are left I'm not sure if they will all get finished...

This thought is in my mind as well. The list of the planned books/series is growing every year. This makes the waiting for the conclusion of the Cosmere-cycle (Dragonsteel? 3th Mistborn trilogy?) longer and longer. I hope that he can manage to finish all of his series. To forge writing plans for 30(?) years is a definitely brave and risky decision (in a pure economic point of view).

Journey before destination, my friend. We've got three main cosmere books within the next two years or so, which is already pretty great. We're years away from needing to worry if all the series will get finished. I'd prefer Brandon coming up with too many stories to ever write them all to him running out of ideas. Just think about all the stories we've yet to hear. It's gonna be great! :D

If we have these options, I agree with you. I don't think that Brandon will running out of ideas. If he writes a book, he will get new ideas for future books. Than by wrinting these future books he will get ideas for books after future books. This man is one of the most creative being on Earth concerning worldbuilding and magic.

I finished Bands of Mourning at about 2:00 this morning, and you definitely should include them in any list of main Cosmere books. :)

*Eye twitch*

EDIT: Well it's official. My description of the phenomenon of my eye twitching is now equally as reputable as my radically revised theory of Cosmeric healing:unsure:

Edited by Kurkistan

I finished Bands of Mourning at about 2:00 this morning, and you definitely should include them in any list of main Cosmere books. :)

<long sigh..> Peter I am seriously considering doing a long distance Vashikaran on you to just get a glimpse of the manuscript. :ph34r:

BTW any idea when we can expect another newsletter from Brandon. Its almost 3 months now.

Brandon is 39. If we have 30 years of Cosmere left, we better home this list doesn't grow much with new projects. He seems so pragmatic that I have to believe he has a date at which his focus will shift towards completing priority series (SA, Mistborn, Dragonsteel).

(Glad I'm 2 years younger than him!)

I am twenty years younger! And still, I feel almost too old to see the cosmere in its full glory. The universe is so grandiose!

On the other hand, Mr. Sanderson has an incredible pace of work. Constantly commiting books “accidentally” and planning to finish TSA #3 in a year and a quarter while working on tens of other projects. I must honestly say I admire the man.

The last one I got was a few months ago. It had some news on new versions and new releases, signing info, stuff like that. But there was also a short scene from Stormlight 3 included. It's worth signing up for, and he doesn't send them out all the time, so it won't clog your inbox or anything.

So they're /that/ prominent Cosmere-wise? Neat. I hope we find out about Southern Scadrial. Guess it's a good thing Mistborn turned into four trilogies.

inb4 we get five trilogies by the time it's all over with.

This thought is in my mind as well. The list of the planned books/series is growing every year.

I was thinking that too. I don't believe AoL was counted in the original total so I guess we're up to what, forty planned novels? I forget if novellas and short stories were counted in that.

I just hope Brandon stays healthy and finishes all of this work. If he dies, I'mma have to kill him. :(

Re: Brandon's mortality.

I find this new line of conversation to be in poor taste.

-

Sorry for Debbie-downering there: I wasn't trying to call anyone in particular out, I just wanted to try and head off something I saw as undesirable.

Edited by Kurkistan

While I don't disagree it's in somewhat poor taste, there is a significant contingent of fans (like me) that came to Brandon through Wheel of Time -- A long running and involved story that experienced much theorizing and looked like it may not get resolved. So...it's not exactly unreasonable.

As I mentioned, I'm not much younger than Brandon so the thought "I hope I personally live long enough to read all this" has certainly crossed my mind. 

• Chaos locked this topic