Greetings! Alastor here (Buenas!)

What's up folks, I'm Alastor im from Argentina. A few months ago I joined the forum after finishing Rhythm of War. I've only been reading Sanderson for a year and a half and it's a totally new experience. There is no name for what I have enjoyed all of this and much more reading the forum posts.

My favourite books are Oathbringer, words of radiance.

I still have to read Mistborn era 2 (only read alloy of law) and the secret projects.

I really like this community, so far everyone is very kind and with very good theories

2 hours ago, alastorBM said:

What's up folks, I'm Alastor im from Argentina. A few months ago I joined the forum after finishing Rhythm of War. I've only been reading Sanderson for a year and a half and it's a totally new experience. There is no name for what I have enjoyed all of this and much more reading the forum posts.

I still have to read Mistborn era 2 (only read alloy of law) and the secret projects.

I really like this community, so far everyone is very kind and with very good theories

Welcome to the forums! You're from the land of silver? That's pretty cool! (it's my favorite metal if you couldn't tell)

What's your favorite magic system? Sanderson or otherwise?

1 hour ago, Argenti said:

Welcome to the forums! You're from the land of silver? That's pretty cool! (it's my favorite metal if you couldn't tell)

What's your favorite magic system? Sanderson or otherwise?

Hi and thank you very much for the welcome. I had not noticed! (🤩😂). Yes, I'm from here, the land of expensive books, as I say.

It's funny, I really like fantasy but I had never read as much as when I got to the cosmere, I was always more into Stephen King, Lovecraft, etc. So when it comes to magic, I'm fascinated by how Brandon does it.

I really like Surgebinding, the more I analyze it, the more depth and options I find. 
Also allomancy but a little more ferruchemy, I find it very enjoyable and easy to imagine, like when someone is tapping strength. And the BioChromatic Breath is also very curious to me, it has many uses that I would still be fascinated to see.

Thanks for the response! and tell me which ones are your favorites, one you want to see more of? 

20 minutes ago, Aeternum said:

Welcome to the Shard! Beware of cookies.

Hi Aeternum nice to meet you! Nobody had warned me about the cookies, I will keep that in mind  thanks!🫡 

How about you, what is your favorite magic system?

16 minutes ago, alastorBM said:

Hi Aeternum nice to meet you! Nobody had warned me about the cookies, I will keep that in mind  thanks!🫡 

How about you, what is your favorite magic system?

Nice to meet you too!

Not sure tbh, they're all cool in their own ways.

6 hours ago, alastorBM said:

Welcome to the Shard! If you had to be a character who would it be?

2 hours ago, alastorBM said:

Thanks for the response! and tell me which ones are your favorites, one you want to see more of? 

By the Forgotten Gods that's a hard question, and it depends on the day. Feruchemy is interesting since it messes with every aspect of a person, but I really like Awakening, since the possibilities are nearly endless.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Welcome to the Shard! If you had to be a character who would it be?

Nice to meet you Scars of Hathsin! If it had to be one difficult, very difficult. If it were a mix it would be easier, something from Dalinar, with a good and generous touch of rock and for my misfortune a sassy touch of shallan (or kal?) In the best of the senses. 

Or let's leave it at rock, rock is great,I wish I could cook like him . And how about you, which character would you be?

Edited by alastorBM

1 hour ago, Argenti said:

By the Forgotten Gods that's a hard question, and it depends on the day. Feruchemy is interesting since it messes with every aspect of a person, but I really like Awakening, since the possibilities are nearly endless.

A difficult one to answer, there are too many good options! BioChromatic Breath has intrigued me a lot since Warbreaker and I feel like we saw so little of it. I was left with the desire and with a lot of curiosity since. 

Spoiler

Since it is discovered that memories can be stored in them and Zahel and Kal's duel. 

It's funny, I just remembered that the breaths along with the feruchemy are the only End-neutral Investiture. And they can even be used together very well now that I think about it!

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, LightRinger said:

Welcome! Is your username from Harry Potter? Which do you like more, Harry Potter or Stormlight Archive?

Thanks for the welcome! 

Curiously, I get asked this question very often and it's one of my favorites! It actually comes from a sword from the game Devil May Cry, the first one. Although if it were for Alastor Moody it would be more "gentlemanly"? So far I like the stormlight archive in general more, I only read up to the 6th book about Harry, I saw the rest in movies. 

What is your favorite? Any other Brandon saga or one outside of him that you like?

ah, the full name is Alastor BlackMercy

Edited by alastorBM

I love the Harry Potter books because my younger brother knows everything about them, and we’ve bonded over them, but I love Elantris and Mistborn even more.

And that is a strange coincidence, his name is Alastor B. Moody. 

1 hour ago, alastorBM said:

Nice to meet you Scars of Hathsin! If it had to be one difficult, very difficult. If it were a mix it would be easier, something from Dalinar, with a good and generous touch of rock and for my misfortune a sassy touch of shallan (or kal?) In the best of the senses. 

Or let's leave it at rock, rock is great,I wish I could cook like him . And how about you, which character would you be?

Good Choice.

I would probably be some unassuming character in the background that can do whatever they want :)

9 hours ago, alastorBM said:

Curiously, I get asked this question very often and it's one of my favorites! It actually comes from a sword from the game Devil May Cry, the first one. Although if it were for Alastor Moody it would be more "gentlemanly"? So far I like the stormlight archive in general more, I only read up to the 6th book about Harry, I saw the rest in movies. 

Going to be honest, I assumed Hasbin Hotel...

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Buena elección.

Probablemente sería algún personaje modesto en el fondo que puede hacer lo que quiera.:)

the Lopen........ always two steps ahead of everyone.. even from hoid (or not 😂)

7 hours ago, Argenti said:

Going to be honest, I assumed Hasbin Hotel...

It's good too, until a year ago I had no idea what Hasbin Hotel was and they asked me about the same thing, now it makes more sense🤣

2 hours ago, Aredor said:

Welcome to the Shard! Would you like a cookie

Hi! Thank you very much for the welcome.  nmmmm cookies? I would say yes but I was warned beforehand about these. 🤣🤪

Edited by alastorBM

On 6/9/2024 at 8:33 PM, AlastorBM said:

Very nice, I'm new here too. I also started reading Sanderson and I want to discuss it here!

2 hours ago, bestmanof said:

Very nice, I'm new here too. I also started reading Sanderson and I want to discuss it here!

HI Welcom to the shard! You are going to have a great time here, there are many excellent posts and everyone is very friendly.

HELLO- *turns off caps*

Hello, and welcome (officially) to the Shard!

If you could visit any country on Roshar for a week, which country would you visit and why?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

don't eat the cookies

Edited by Through The Living Glass

22 hours ago, Through The Living Glass said:

HELLO- *turns off caps*

Hello, and welcome (officially) to the Shard!

If you could visit any country on Roshar for a week, which country would you visit and why?

Thank you very much for the welcome! A place I would like to visit is Shinovar, yes, it is quite similar to our land but it still sounds interesting. Alezkar sounds good too, especially Kholinar, seeing a big city in Roshar would really interest me. And purelake... seems very nice and peaceful, although it is not a country. 
Which one would you choose to visit?

1 hour ago, AlastorBM said:

Which one would you choose to visit?

The Frostlands! Because it seems nice and cold down there and also because Kharbranth is technically a part of the Frostlands (and I'd really like to visit the Palanaeum).

Edited by Through The Living Glass

• 3 weeks later...

*Slides into the picture, forgets how to use Abrasion, and slams sideways into a wall, careening backward and sighing annoyedly*

Hello. Sorry about that.

*Pushes self up and stands, a hand on the wall*

Welcome to the shard! Don't eat the cookies!

1. If you were a misting, what kind would you want to be?

2. What Radiant order are you?