Greetings all, I, TheVikeen Exists

Happy to meet you guys, I've read nearly all of Sanderson's books and waiting for the Next Stormlight(wind and truth).

Mostly read fantasy, Like generally all of BSanderson's books, Rick Riordan's, J.K. Rowlin, Eoin Colfer, Sabaa Tahir, GRR Martin, and Specially Christoper paolini and so on, currently reading the Witcher series.

Oh Also I'm an aspiring fantasy author.

Also I generally did not Like Sci-fi, so I didn't read Sandersons Sci fi works like steelheart.

Edited by The Vikeen

Hey there! Welcome to the Shard!! 😁

5 hours ago, The Vikeen said:

waiting for the Next Stormlight(wind and truth).

Aren't we all 😆

Sabaa Tahir, yasssssssssssssssssssssss shes's such a good writer!

If you could visit any country on Roshar for a week, which country would you visit and why?

Welcome to the shard!

If you could bring any 2 Sanderson characters back to life in a room for an hour, who would you bring back?

Also please put it in a spoiler so it doesn’t spoil anything for anyone, thanks! (Like the one below ⬇️)

Spoiler

It’s the eyeball at the top of the screen

Edited by WhyEverNot_8

To be fair, Steelheart wasn't my favorite, either. Though I would say that it's more on the fantasy side than what little I read of Skyward, and it is an entertaining romp! I just prefer the Cosmere. :)

If you could hang out/room with any Cosmere character, which one would you choose and why?

On 5/16/2024 at 7:46 PM, Through The Living Glass said:

If you could visit any country on Roshar for a week, which country would you visit and why?

tough question, for only a week, It hasto be Kharbranth. Because I love reading so much, and so far reading is my ikigai. So the Palanaeum is where I would be if I will be staying only for a week.

But of course later then I probably would have to extend my stay using some devious means found in the library. Then I would spend the rest of my life in Roshar and the Cosmere as a worldhopper. Easy peasy. 😅

Did you read the Mistborn btw?

Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2024 at 7:49 PM, WhyEverNot_8 said:

If you could bring any 2 Sanderson characters back to life in a room for an hour, who would you bring back?

Do you guys always have to add a time limit? but answering the question for an hour, it is

Spoiler

Lord Ruler

Secondly I almost said Zane, but I think

Spoiler

Wayne

is the best. since I also have a few questions for him. Plus I kind of like the guy. He went thru a lot when he killed that man. And suffered his whole life for that one life taken.

And there are people I'd like to bring back but not for an hour 😅.

On 5/16/2024 at 10:47 PM, Block said:

Welcome, what's your opinion on Tic Tacs?

Tic tacs? seriously? well its been some time since I tried tic tacs if you mean the candy.

On 5/16/2024 at 10:49 PM, Ookla said:

To be fair, Steelheart wasn't my favorite, either. Though I would say that it's more on the fantasy side than what little I read of Skyward, and it is an entertaining romp! I just prefer the Cosmere. :)

Hmm I didn't read either of em, since booth looked like sci-fi.(Im allergic to sci-fi, usually make my mind itchy...)

On 5/16/2024 at 10:49 PM, Ookla said:

If you could hang out/room with any Cosmere character, which one would you choose and why?

Wit/Hoid/Cephandrius or whatever you call him.

The reason is obvious I think

Edited by The Vikeen

On 5/17/2024 at 3:50 AM, Aeternum said:

Welcome to the Shard! Don't accept cookies from strangers! 

thanks

On 5/17/2024 at 4:26 AM, Scars of Hathsin said:

Welcome to the Shard, Who is your favourite Shard?

😅

it's

Spoiler

Sazed

lol

14 hours ago, The Vikeen said:

Hmm I didn't read either of em, since booth looked like sci-fi.(Im allergic to sci-fi, usually make my mind itchy...)

Well, Steelheart is sci-fi. It's just... very, very soft, magic-y sci-fi, where stuff happens without always having scientific concepts tied to it. It felt like urban fantasy to me, honestly. At any rate, if it's in a library near you, you may as well start it and see what you think. It can't hurt to try it, since what I think of it won't necessarily be what you think of it. Who knows? Maybe you'll love it! :)

On 5/19/2024 at 2:29 PM, Little_Dagger said:

Welcome!!! What are you working on as a writer?

I'm not exactly a writer yet, I have only written two stories for some literature month writing competitions. But my real pride is yet to be revealed. And its still on a very early stage. It's sort set in a very large scale fantasy world, which is mostly inspired from what I've read and also because I hadn't seen the sort of fantasy world I needed in any book I've lived thru.

I also plan to include literally every type of possible fantasy creature, race and magic I know.

11 hours ago, J. Magi said:

Welcome to the Shard! Do you have a favorite kind of bagel?

Mm...now Bagel is not much popular in where I live...

On 5/20/2024 at 12:14 AM, Ookla said:

Well, Steelheart is sci-fi. It's just... very, very soft, magic-y sci-fi, where stuff happens without always having scientific concepts tied to it. It felt like urban fantasy to me, honestly. At any rate, if it's in a library near you, you may as well start it and see what you think. It can't hurt to try it, since what I think of it won't necessarily be what you think of it. Who knows? Maybe you'll love it! :)

Grazie, I will give it a shot after I finish the Witcher series(the Book series I mean).

@Scars of Hathsin who is your fav shard btw?

2 hours ago, The Vikeen said:

I'm not exactly a writer yet, I have only written two stories for some literature month writing competitions. But my real pride is yet to be revealed. And its still on a very early stage. It's sort set in a very large scale fantasy world, which is mostly inspired from what I've read and also because I hadn't seen the sort of fantasy world I needed in any book I've lived thru.

I also plan to include literally every type of possible fantasy creature, race and magic I know.

Sounds ambitious! Good luck!

6 minutes ago, The Vikeen said:

Thanks, and what about you? 

Are you a professional?

I am hoping to be :)

I am working on my first novel and sometimes writing short stories for fun. Also, reading and learning a lot. English is not my native language, so there is a lot of "oh, that's why there is a colon instead of a dash here" kind of moments. Feel free to pm if you want to connect. I love talking to aspiring writers. 

Just now, Little_Dagger said:

I am hoping to be :)

I am working on my first novel and sometimes writing short stories for fun. Also, reading and learning a lot. English is not my native language, so there is a lot of "oh, that's why there is a colon instead of a dash here" kind of moments. Feel free to pm if you want to connect. I love talking to aspiring writers. 

same, English is my second language. But I love reading too much to seriously begin writing and also procrastinating taking the fact that I have exams as an excuse...

But yes, I still do want to be a writer.

1 minute ago, The Vikeen said:

same, English is my second language. But I love reading too much to seriously begin writing and also procrastinating taking the fact that I have exams as an excuse...

But yes, I still do want to be a writer.

Well, I've spent more than one day just reading and then telling myself it's because I need to know the market 😉😅 

Good luck with your exams!

7 hours ago, The Vikeen said:

Mm...now Bagel is not much popular in where I live...

Hmmmm, what do you like to eat for breakfast?

29 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

Hmmmm, what do you like to eat for breakfast?

Well generally we eat plain rice with some curry. And being honest, I hadn't actually ever tried out the international version of bagel. We have something similar to them in shape.  But it's made from white lentil flour. And then deep fried and usually eaten with some kind of a gravy or a paste some sour stuff like a special kind of spiced salad.