Cosmere Hunger Games — Sign Ups

On 5/4/2024 at 5:06 PM, Ancient Elantrian said:

Name: Mattise Alanti Emenuo Karti. (He goes by his initials, Mark.)

Pronouns: He/Him

Which planet does their investiture come from? Scadrial

What is their power/what are they? Soother

How well can they use their magic? Well. Not Breeze-level skill but kinda close.

What are you going to do to keep your character from being overpowered? He always accidentally uses his metal way too fast.

Character’s motivation for being in the games: He was starving so he volunteered so that he'd live a bit longer.

Important pieces of their backstory: His parents died in a fire, and he has no family that he knows of.

Okay, I know I signed up for the last one and didn't do anything, but school is ending. I should have time for this one.

Character:

Spoiler

Name: Konrad

Which planet does their investiture come from? Roshar

What is their power/what are they? 2nd Ideal Skybreaker (I might have him advance to 3rd sometime in the middle though)

How well can they use their magic? Konrad only became a Skybreaker fairly recently, and as such, is not an expert at manipulating the Surge of Gravitation. He also does not yet have access to the Surge of Division until he swears his 3rd Ideal.

What are you going to do to keep your character from being overpowered? Stormlight will (I assume) already be limited. Also, Konrad is by no means an expert at using surges.

Character’s motivation for being in the games: He just wants to seek justice, and aims to act as a policing force for the other tributes. (Like, if a tribute kills another tribute, he will try to hunt down the killer and kill them).

Important pieces of their backstory: His spren, Ede, found him starving in the streets after being cast out by his family. That's about it.

10 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

Approved!

5 minutes ago, The Honorable One said:

Okay, I know I signed up for the last one and didn't do anything, but school is ending. I should have time for this one.

Character:

Reveal hidden contents

Name: Konrad

Which planet does their investiture come from? Roshar

What is their power/what are they? 2nd Ideal Skybreaker (I might have him advance to 3rd sometime in the middle though)

How well can they use their magic? Konrad only became a Skybreaker fairly recently, and as such, is not an expert at manipulating the Surge of Gravitation. He also does not yet have access to the Surge of Division until he swears his 3rd Ideal.

What are you going to do to keep your character from being overpowered? Stormlight will (I assume) already be limited. Also, Konrad is by no means an expert at using surges.

Character’s motivation for being in the games: He just wants to seek justice, and aims to act as a policing force for the other tributes. (Like, if a tribute kills another tribute, he will try to hunt down the killer and kill them).

Important pieces of their backstory: His spren, Ede, found him starving in the streets after being cast out by his family. That's about it.

Approved! It’s ok if you run out of time to play, just kill your character :)

Oooh, I wanna join

Name: Connor Edwards

Age: Something around 18-20 he doesn’t really know anymore, but he thinks he’s 24

Pronouns: Prefers He/Him but wont get offended if called something else on accident

What is their power/what are they? Coinshot/Spinner (Steel/Chromium) twinborn

How well can they use their magic? Extremely well

What are you going to do to keep your character from being overpowered?

He takes unnecessary risks and is too kind. (I don’t know what else, can someone give me ideas?)

Character’s motivation for being in the games: He’s gambling his life for those of his friends

Important pieces of their backstory: Chronic gambler, has no family except his friends, and doesn’t care if he dies, so long as they stay happy. 

Also he really likes western fiction and related things (revolvers, shotguns, dusters, train robberies, etc.). Probably too much. His real name isn’t even Connor Edwards, he adopted it after reading about a “famous” bounty hunter from ages ago.
(I’m basing him off my DND character for my friend’s western campaign, except for a change in magic)

Edited by WhyEverNot_8
Age change

7 minutes ago, WhyEverNot_8 said:

Oooh, I wanna join

Name: Connor Edwards

Age: Something around 23-25 he doesn’t really know anymore 

Pronouns: Prefers He/Him but wont get offended if called something else on accident

What is their power/what are they? Coinshot/Spinner (Steel/Chromium) twinborn

How well can they use their magic? Extremely well

What are you going to do to keep your character from being overpowered?

He takes unnecessary risks and is too kind. (I don’t know what else, can someone give me ideas?)

Character’s motivation for being in the games: He’s gambling his life for those of his friends

Important pieces of their backstory: Chronic gambler, has no family except his friends, and doesn’t care if he dies, so long as they stay happy. 

Also he really likes western fiction and related things (revolvers, shotguns, dusters, train robberies, etc.). Probably too much. His real name isn’t even Connor Edwards, he adopted it after reading about a “famous” bounty hunter from ages ago.
(I’m basing him off my DND character for my friend’s western campaign, except for a change in magic)

Approved and welcome!

On 5/4/2024 at 2:06 PM, Ancient Elantrian said:

Name: Quelkin

Which planet does their investiture come from? Scadrial & First of the Sun

What is their power/what are they? They are a thug so they can burn pewter and also have a black and dark blue Aviar named Riri that can conceal mental activity and also detect mental activity happening nearby.

How well can they use their magic? Quelkin has been burning pewter ever since he was five, first to train per his parents requests, then to fight to survive so he is quite good at using pewter. But he is new to aviar so doesn't really know how to use/understand them.

What are you going to do to keep your character from being overpowered? Quelkin is very new to having an Aviar so doesn't really know how to interpret what Riri chirps/says.

Character’s motivation for being in the games: He wants fame and money to he can take down the government and their backstabbing politics.

Important pieces of their backstory: Quelkin ran away from home when he was seven after discovering that his parents had murdered other house leaders to gain more power. He wanted to be away from his parents but also wants to take down the nobility. He survived on the streets for three years while his whole family thought he was dead. One day he was starving and a white haired, hawkish faced man gave him a bird but told him that if he didn't eat it then it would help him survive. Over the next few months he realized that he had to gain money and followers if he was going to take down the government. So he decided to enter himself into the Hunger Games.

39 minutes ago, WhyEverNot_8 said:

Awesome, thank you! I won’t be online as much on weekends, but I’ll do my best!

I know Exp already approved your character, but will you bring down the age a little bit? Tributes are between 14 and 20 for this games.

32 minutes ago, Unintelligenius said:

Okay, so first can you bring age up? 14 is the minimum, but if you want to play a young character they can act younger than they are. And then we’re talking about aviar right now, I’ll let you know details in a minute. 

47 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

I know Exp already approved your character, but will you bring down the age a little bit? Tributes are between 14 and 20 for this games.

Okay, so first can you bring age up? 14 is the minimum, but if you want to play a young character they can act younger than they are. And then we’re talking about aviar right now, I’ll let you know details in a minute. 

Alright!

new character because @Edema Rue said that they wanted a sand master

Name: roy

Pronouns:he/him

Which planet does their investiture come from?: Dayside of Taldain

What is their power/what are they?: sand master

How well can they use their magic?: fairly well. he has more presistion than strength.

What are you going to do to keep your character from being overpowered?: a) i have not read white sand only the coppermind on it and b) i can only use invensted sand that the gm's place into the arena.

will still keep the original backstory.

7 minutes ago, Experience said:

How many strands of sand can he control?

huh? 

edit: @Experience 4 for rp convinience. i don't think I can personaly keep track of more than that.

Edited by RoyalBeeMage

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Yo, are y'all okay if I hop in at one point for like a post or two with a joke character who won't affect the plot, the characters  and the setting whatsoever?

Hmm…

That’s kind of hard to do with tributes, but…

Spoiler

How would you feel about playing a monster that pops up whenever you’re active? It can be nearly sentient, and you could be as goofy as you’d like.

Just now, Edema Rue said:

Hmm…

That’s kind of hard to do with tributes, but…

Hide contents

How would you feel about playing a monster that pops up whenever you’re active? It can be nearly sentient, and you could be as goofy as you’d like.

Spoiler

What sort of monster?

27 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

huh? 

edit: @Experience 4 for rp convinience. i don't think I can personaly keep track of more than that.

Basically in the books, different sand masters can control different amounts of strands of sands based on their strength. The more strands they can control at once, the more raw power they have.

Just now, Experience said:

Basically in the books, different sand masters can control different amounts of strands of sands based on their strength. The more strands they can control at once, the more raw power they have.

yeah then 4. i was reading hte coppermind and it said strong people could have up to 2 douzon. i think 4 makes the most sense...

1 hour ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:
  Reveal hidden contents

What sort of monster?

Spoiler

One sec I’ll PM you…can’t have spoilers floating around…

Name: Dougella Savage

Pronouns: She/Her

Investiture Origins: Scadrial/Nathalis

What is their power/what are they? Chromium Compounder / Awakener

How well can they use their magic? Wellish, Does not know much about her fortune compounding and uses it inelegantly. Does not really like her leaching, can use commands okay

What are you going to do to keep your character from being overpowered? As mentioned above, some powers less than perfect at using.

Character’s motivation for being in the games: She has an unbearable desire to win, and always wants competition. 

Important pieces of their backstory: She is a reckless adventurous spirit, who has got into trouble many times with the law, and with others. She is always willing to do something if it is a dare, or could be turned into a competition. She has some friends though they are not too close, as she had a rather spirited nature.

First Time doing a female character so I hope this goes well.

Edited by Scars of Hathsin