Battles awaiting in Stones Unhallowed (BEWARE SPOILERS)

Twenty@20

What sort of battle would that make? Unless she manages to trap Adolin into a trial by combat, but if that ever happens, she'll be sure to oppose him an opponent he cannot beat and I dunno who that could be.

Somebody with an Honorblade maybe? If she can manage to get it... But if so, that would be a very interesting duel :lol:

I do not think Nalan will come for Kaladin as he has never committed any crimes. It is more likely he'll come after Dalinar, Jasnah or Shallan. They are more obvious targets.

He did kill Shallan's brother who might have been a skybreaker or at least was one of Nalan's group who call themselves skybreakers. Even if this happened on a battlefield I don't see Nalan forgiving Kaladin so easily but then again the desolations have returned so maybe  Nalan will have to forgive him... but somehow I doubt it given what we've seen of him so far I can't see Nalan stopping his mad quest to bring justice to all radiants because of a little thing like the end of the world.

He did kill Shallan's brother who might have been a skybreaker or at least was one of Nalan's group who call themselves skybreakers. Even if this happened on a battlefield I don't see Nalan forgiving Kaladin so easily but then again the desolations have returned so maybe  Nalan will have to forgive him... but somehow I doubt it given what we've seen of him so far I can't see Nalan stopping his mad quest to bring justice to all radiants because of a little thing like the end of the world.

Actually, what Kaladin did is completely justified, especially in Alethkar it's perfectly within law and Skybreakers (Nalan) follow law above all else. I mean, Kal did kill him, but it was during a battle when Helaran was an enemy and previously murdered men from Kaladin's squad and later tried to kill Amaram, who was at the time Kaladin's liege lord (or however we call it...).

• 2 weeks later...

In no particular order...

• Szeth vs the other Honorblades
  • Szeth vs Nightblood (after events in Shinovar)
  • Dalinar vs Nale/Nalan'Elin -- You can't convince me that a man tracking down 'illegal' activities in Surgebinder pasts is not going to come after a man who was a bloodthirsty warlord. :)  This one would be very significant, I think.
  • Kaladin vs Kholinar's Rioters
  • (Interlude) Eshonai vs the Unmade controlling her
  • Jasnah (and Hoid?) vs the Unmade -- they were drawn westward by someone or something, and Jasnah's Elsecalling through the realms could have been the impetus.  This assumes her location wasn't 'west' of where the Unmade were, of course.

In no particular order...

• Szeth vs the other Honorblades
  • Szeth vs Nightblood (after events in Shinovar)
  • Dalinar vs Nale/Nalan'Elin -- You can't convince me that a man tracking down 'illegal' activities in Surgebinder pasts is not going to come after a man who was a bloodthirsty warlord. :)  This one would be very significant, I think.
  • Kaladin vs Kholinar's Rioters
  • (Interlude) Eshonai vs the Unmade controlling her
  • Jasnah (and Hoid?) vs the Unmade -- they were drawn westward by someone or something, and Jasnah's Elsecalling through the realms could have been the impetus.  This assumes her location wasn't 'west' of where the Unmade were, of course.

Nice ones :lol:  Yup, I can see Nale tracking Dalinar, he will find many formal reasons to do so... Kaladin vs Rioters is another rather obvious one, I'm sure we will see this. As for Szeth... It's an interesting idea he would fight with Nightblood... But I don't think if he would survive this :ph34r: Jasnah&Hoid vs Unmade - I find this doubful but that would be a very cool thing to see :lol:

The current theory is that yelig-nar was in Gavilar's black sphere, which is why Szeth keeps hearing voices (that's how yelig-nar "talks").

Szeth isn't carrying this sphere with him, however.  He hid it in Jah Keved and has not gone back for it (confirmed in one of his pov chapters).  So if he's attracted Yelig-nar's attention, it's been following him around.  (Personally, I think Nergaoul is who/what was in the dark sphere, as Taravangian's POV seems to imply that it's been stationary.)

Alternatively, we could be reading too deeply into the 'screams' and that it's really just a byproduct of his mind 'breaking' over all the murders.  (Hint hint.)

Sorry, I misspoke slightly - it's one of the theories.  My bad.

I can't find the original thread, I searched around, but all I found were my replies supporting the theory :/

To be fair, I'd be perfectly fine with Nergaoul going on a murderous rampage as well.  I want to see the voidbringers start bringing the void!  Hopefully it won't be the main characters refusing to talk to eachother like in WoR.  That would be sad.

• 4 weeks later...

This will never happen, but I just think it would be cool to see Adolin fight Dalinar, Kaladin fight Adolin, or Dalinar fight Kaladin.  excluding all surgebinding and healing of course.

Of course TARAVANGIAN would be thinking of this, he's just trying to have his two largest problems get rid of each other!

I'm onto you, sir.  I will prevent your evil plan and stop the diagram from killing Roshar!

Not sure how, but I will.  I've got a couple of years until the next book comes out, so I'll have plenty of time to figure it out.

The main battle i'll be fighting is one of patience, Mr.B thinks sometime in 2016 it will be released.

He has already written a few scenes and will spend 2015 working on Stormlight #3

The Political Shadow war between Mr.T and Dalinar.. by which i mean Dalinar believes him to be an ally and Mr.T will be aiming to take him down. He will also have to sway the other nations to support him.

Shallan/veil - will be holding a batttle of wits against Mraize.

Szeth's ultra awesome tale of revenge against his people and the StoneShamans.

Maybe a pitched battle or two.

I am so exited to see this book :D

This will never happen, but I just think it would be cool to see Adolin fight Dalinar, Kaladin fight Adolin, or Dalinar fight Kaladin. excluding all surgebinding and healing of course.

See, I'd really like to see Dalinar vs Kaladin, but I think it would be better with Blades and Stormlight.

Of course, Dalinar would have to find a Blade somewhere, but that just makes it all the more exciting.

Words of Radiance:

Just imagine it: On one side, everyone's favorite, Kaladin Stormblessed himself; Shardspear (for lack of a better term) in one hand, a Windrunner practiced in both his Lashings and a relatively experienced fighter with Stormlight. A newly fixed spren bond, having sworn the first three ideals. Utilizer of the Surges of Adhesion and Gravitation.

Facing him stands Brightlord Dalinar Kholin, Alethi Highprince of War, the legendary Blackthorn. By far (other than perhaps his son) the best and most experienced Shardbearer and now a new Bondsmith. While the Stormfather refuses to be a "simple sword" to him, we will assume he has somehow* managed to procure a Blade for the combat. Lacking Shardplate, he was able to hold his own against the infamous Assassin in White for some time, despite Szeth's Surgebindings and Stormlight. While he lacks his Plate, he seems to now have similar speed, strength, and healing abilities from his Investiture. While he lacks much experience with his new powers, he is a much more experienced fighter. A Bondsmith of the Second Ideal, he can utilize the Surges of Adhesion and Tension.

He could be borrowing a Shardblade from another Radiant, using an Honorblade, or be using a Blade from another spren he may have bonded. The Stormfather could have acquiesced in a time of need, or Dalinar could have found another way to get a Shardblade of sorts. There are plenty of possibilities, but this is primarily irrelevant to the main point.