Lifts curse (post WoR spoilers)

Betrail

So Wyndle stated that the nightwatcher gave lift the ability to touch spren.

(Spoilers from the expert of book 3/ post WoR)

In the chat between kaladin and syl she talks about hunts between spren implying that spren can be harmed in the cognitive realm, and with Jasnah and ivory when she traveled to the cognitive realm ivory implied that there was spren that would kill her, but could not in the physical world.

Since lift is able to touch spren would that mean that she could also get killed by one? Would be interesting to see her running from some allies or take wounds... from nothing-as observed by her allies.

You all think it could be her death? (Let it please not happen I see something bad with being able to touch spren)

Also is she able to attract spren?

An interesting idea. It shouldn't be possible for spren to harm her invisibly though, I think. She doesn't randomly have her hand snag on them in the Cognitive, she just is able to touch them in the Physical. Perhaps a painspren could harm her in the Physical, though.

Then again, I don't think she has a lot to worry about on that front. Stormlight healing is crazy good, and Shardblades can hurt spren. I'd pity the spren that tried.

Also is she able to attract spren?

Well, she has Wyndle.

Well, what Betrail means is, can Lift attract a logicspren or a painspren? If so, and knowing how horrible the Grinders are (Stone Unhallowed reading), that could be a serious problem. Then again, if she counts as a spren, we have heard Syl say that attracting other spren would be impossible.

Well, what Betrail means is, can Lift attract a logicspren or a painspren? If so, and knowing how horrible the Grinders are (Stone Unhallowed reading), that could be a serious problem. Then again, if she counts as a spren, we have heard Syl say that attracting other spren would be impossible.

You attract Nahel bonding spren like any other spren. Lift bonded Wyndle after she visited the Nightwatcher, so she's quite clearly capable of attracting other spren.

I ask that because I found it odd that no exhaustion-spren came to her when she used up all of her stormlight, unless they are just so common that they ignore them. Although emotion spren would be very important to a thief as they cant attract spren as that would give them away.

Actually I don't remember any talk of a spren besides Wyndle.

• Chaos locked this topic