Battles awaiting in Stones Unhallowed (BEWARE SPOILERS)

Twenty@20

As we all know the Stormlight Archive has seen quite a few jaw dropping,fist pumping, terrifying battle/ fight scenes. So fellow Sharders what epic battles are you expecting in Stormlight 3. I for one am salivating at the prospect of Szeth and Nalan vs Stone Shammans or rather Nightblood vs a few Honorblades. Who do think is going to win that one?

Edited by Twenty@20

I don't know enough about Stone Shamans to know how good they're at fighting. With Shin being rather pacifistic society they may not know how to fight. Or maybe on the contrary, they know very well how to use the Honorblades (I'd think so)? I don't know who would win, but of one thing I'm sure - if Szeth kills the Shamans then he has already lost his chance of retribution (at least I perceive it so).

As for the battles we may see in Stones Unhallowed... I expect some bloody fighting in Kholinar because of riots and rebellion, possibly with Kaladin arriving in the middle of this and trying to stop the mindless murdering or something like this. I guess we may also see the Stone Shamans arriving in Urithiru to reclaim Jezrien's Honorblade which may lead to a battle (as they'd propably come armed with few other Honorblades). And of course - some fighting against Voidbringers ;)

Didn't Jasnah end up somewhere near Shinovar where she talked to Hoid/Wit. I think she might end up seeing or fighting Szeth.

Also is the Nalan the skybreaker guy going to try and hunt down shallen or Jasnah for the murders they commited.

If the stone shamans trained Szeth to fight I assume they would know how too as well. And they probably trained with the honorblades a lot longer than Szeth has.

While that may be true, in the history of fantasy genre whenever there's student teacher fight, student has trumped everytime, from Darth Vader to Gawn Trakand.

So, we have Jasnah / Hoid near Shinovar already, correct? 7 honorblade wielding Shin + 1 KR + 1 man of mystery vs 1 insane individual wielding a blade of insane intent + 1 twisted herald.

We have plate + sword wielding people (at least two, but clearly more) under he-would-be-king-of-all against Dalinar, Adolin, Renarin, Shallan and lots of cannon fodder. There could be an alliance, but something tells me that he-would-be-king-of-all is a slave now to the-prophecy-of-all and is as much a prisoner to that as voidbringers are to Odium.

Kaladin's journey is one that is interesting. So far every book he's "saved the day" at the end by stating a new ideal of the windrunners. So, if that continues to hold to be true, and why should it not? I mean, it is freakin-must-read-again-and-again-and-again awesome, then we to assume this latest ideal of the KR might be one of leadership potentially and should see him saving .... hmm .... frankly, I dunno. It's gotta be something big, so lets assume .... he ends up saving the-few-the-good-the-maligned-free-parshendi-and-squire-apprentice and turns Eshoni against the voidbringers with an Unmade present. I mean, why not go fanciful.

But really, I have no idea.

Dalinar will be fighting without a shardblade in the next book. It will be interesting to see him develop a new fighting style using Adhesion and Tension surges and also get an idea about "the unique abilities of the Bondsmiths" (Epigraph CH. 58, WoR)

I am also holding hope for a fight between Radiants. Just like the Avengers horsing around. Nothing serious however. It will be pretty awesome to see a Skybreaker slugging it out with a Dustbringer like Thor and Tony Stark.

Dalinar will be fighting without a shardblade in the next book. It will be interesting to see him develop a new fighting style using Adhesion and Tension surges and also get an idea about "the unique abilities of the Bondsmiths" (Epigraph CH. 58, WoR)

I am also holding hope for a fight between Radiants. Just like the Avengers horsing around. Nothing serious however. It will be pretty awesome to see a Skybreaker slugging it out with a Dustbringer like Thor and Tony Stark.

I wonder if Dalinar can use a Honor blade.

Didn't Jasnah end up somewhere near Shinovar where she talked to Hoid/Wit.

All I recall is Hoid mentioning that they were at least a week from civilization where Jasnah showed up.  Was there a Word of Brandon about this or was it reasonably pieced together by some clues?

Edited by Arondell

All I recall is Hoid mentioning that they were at least a week from civilization where Jasnah showed up.  Was there a Word of Brandon about this or was it pieced reasonably pieced together by some clues?

I actually thought they were on the Horneater Peaks as that the most propable location of the Shardpool...

Dunno if this counts, but a battle of wits between Shallan and Hoid.

If so, then Shallan would be ripped to shreds. Even Brandon says that she stands no chance against Hoid. At the very least not now.

I actually thought they were on the Horneater Peaks as that the most propable location of the Shardpool...

If so, then Shallan would be ripped to shreds. Even Brandon says that she stands no chance against Hoid. At the very least not now.

YET. But that would be so funny. MWAHAHAHAHA!

Cause, Shallan thinks herself so smart, so witty. BUT SHE HAS NOTHING ON THE WITTS OF HOID!

(I mean, he's a WORLDHOPPER) 

What about this one

Ialai for revenge against Adolin :D

What sort of battle would that make? Unless she manages to trap Adolin into a trial by combat, but if that ever happens, she'll be sure to oppose him an opponent he cannot beat and I dunno who that could be.

As for the battles we may see in Stones Unhallowed... I expect some bloody fighting in Kholinar because of riots and rebellion, possibly with Kaladin arriving in the middle of this and trying to stop the mindless murdering or something like this.

This seems like BS is leading to Kaladin arriving in Kholinar to show the leaders how to lead, given its the secondary attribute of the Windrunners. Seems to be the perfect opportunity for Kaladin to expand this part of his character.

In regards to battles in the book overall, I think a showdown between Nalan and Kaladin would be something to see.

All I recall is Hoid mentioning that they were at least a week from civilization where Jasnah showed up. Was there a Word of Brandon about this or was it reasonably pieced together by some clues?

Ya, neither Hoid nor Jasnah tell us their location in the epilogue. I got the impression that they were in the Frostlands. Jasnah's original plan was to go to the Shattered plains, so it makes sense that she would try to appear near that area. Also Hoid mentions rocks (so not Shinovar) and the Frostlands do seem like the "middle of nowhere". Edited by Twenty@20

In regards to battles in the book overall, I think a showdown between Nalan and Kaladin would be something to see.

I do not think Nalan will come for Kaladin as he has never committed any crimes. It is more likely he'll come after Dalinar, Jasnah or Shallan. They are more obvious targets.