Marina's Echo--A Fantasy RP

J. Magi

Hello, and welcome to Marina’s Echo! (I just made that title up . . . but don’t worry! It’s plot relevant!) 

This is your typical, high fantasy (with a hint of sci fi) RP for chaos and fun! I have no idea if this is a good time to start a new Rp or not but . . . . we’re gonna try! (I, at the very least, have time at the moment so I'm trying to take advantage of that 😅)

We’ve already done some brainstorming and world-building work in this thread, for those interested, and all of the current worldbuilding is recorded in our doc:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X07MIo6bumnml8nqROP7ucoXbG6GKPVID2c7OLN1JJk/edit?usp=sharing

(Let me know if the link doesn't work, though it should--a working link is also located the world-building thread)

We’re not completely done, and things can definitely be added at this point if you’d like (though I’d appreciate you mentioning it to me so I can keep track of everything). Anyone is welcome to join at any time, as we definitely need a few more players. Any world building discussion should take place in the original thread, so that this thread can be reserved for signing up, character creation, and eventually the RP itself.

For now, here’s a basic lore summary:

Spoiler

The world of Allamas (name can be changed) was originally only habited by human people and other creatures here and there. The use of magic, and the almost lost existence of dragons sets the planet apart from others. The Haki, a more technologically advanced and powerful race have come from offworld, and colonized the entire north side of the planet (imperialistic space elves do crime) exploiting Allamas’s resources and oppressing its people. The Haki mostly focused on the magic sources of Allamas, and hunted the dragons and their bloodlines to near extinction.

The south side of the planet is full of divided and unorganized human nations, some pushing for the defeat of the Haki, others not caring at all. 

A quick Magic system summary:

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-04-1911_40_28AM.png.7b72442dde9f1e8cb835e68551c83565.png

(I really would just recommend reading the doc we have . . . it’s not super long and explains things more thoroughly than I have time for here.)

Our basic plotline idea:

Spoiler

The PC’s have been tasked with tracking down the daughter of a Haki noble, Marina. She was taken hostage by southern forces as a part of their pseudo-war with the Haki. We have to sneak into the south and retrieve her at all costs . . . Unfortunately, immediate defection won’t be possible, because they also sent one of their best warriors to babysit you.

--This can also change if anyone has strong opinions, the current plot idea is based on the results of a still-active poll in the world-building thread.

Character sheet base:

Spoiler

Name:

Gender/pronouns:

Race: (Haki players are allowed, but I reserve the right to veto anything that might make the RP less fun for others):

Magic system (if any):

Personality:

Abilities/skills:

Backstory:

Physical appearance (not required, however, aesthetic😞

I myself will mostly be GMing, and I will also do my best to regulate world-building and character creation to make sure that the RP stays fun for everyone. I've never officially done this before, but I'll do my best.

People who are already involved/interested: @Scars of Hathsin @RoyalBeeMage  @ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

Edited by justice magician

• J. Magi changed the title to Marina's Echo--A Fantasy RP
1 hour ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sleeper would fit here...

✨;)

16 minutes ago, TwinSouls said:

Am I allowed to edit the doc? (As in, add questions?)

Yes! Make sure to include your name and a specific color for your text in the top key area (you'll see it)

Name: roy

Gender/pronouns: male, he/him

Race: (Haki players are allowed, but I reserve the right to veto anything that might make the RP less fun for others): draconic ansestry human

Magic system (if any): was in the past just a normal dragon bloodline untill he became the last remaining desendent of his dragon ansester. this is the reason that his dragon when close to its death gave him all of its soul causing roy to become a dragon state

Personality: verry private. not verry trusting with someone at first. hates the haki for what they have done to his family. is only working with them long enough to be trusted enough to get deep within the city before he unleashes his full power and becomes a dragon

Abilities/skills: is able to use a combination of primalsources to fuel the dragon state. these sources are as follows: the stars and the sky. he is a well trained fighter as he had to be to survive as long as he had till now

Backstory: was born as the grandson of a powerfull dragon a few years before the mass extinction of the dragons started. both of his parents and all of his siblings, cosions and uncles/aunts were killed shortly before his dragon was. he managed to escape by being given the entire soul of the dragon and entering the dragon state and using star the least understood primal source to fight his way out. 

Physical appearance: this is just what ai created for me

bT7WiuSLU4LRwolHe5fx--1--k7r6q.thumb.jpg.5932af18516a1a83d1aa50dd3d35de41.jpg

Name: Arranis Reelwiron Galanodel 

Gender/Pronouns: He/Him

Race: ?

Magic System: Alma Magic

Personality: He is an extremely likeable person, is friendly towards others, and enjoys his new life on the planet, with a family for the first time in his life, and is exceedingly dedicated to them.

Abilities/Skills: Connector, Melee Weapons Master, Multi-Lingual

Backstory: He has a mysterious background, and had just appeared on the planet one day, but has become a vital part of the community, and it seems to everyone that he has been there forever. He is now the father of a son (Aiden, 5) and newborn (Del, 0). 

Physical Appearance: 

[]

V

costume_concepts_for_alethi_man_by_nechitaynetreba_dfd9b5w-fullview.jpg

Edited by Scars of Hathsin

“A(h), Llamas”

Name: Galdorn

Gender/pronouns: Male, He/him

Race: (Haki players are allowed, but I reserve the right to veto anything that might make the RP less fun for others): Hooman

Magic system (if any): älma Magic

Personality: Agressive, accommodating, and prefers the dark, and has a good sense of humor

Abilities/skills: He is a very skilled and practiced Älma Merger, who generally acts as a mercenary in larger cities. He enjoys using shorter swords, and knives. He knows many ‘party’ tricks

Backstory: He grew up on the streets, hiding in taverns, and learning tricks to earn food and money, growing to understand his powers. At around age 17, he got his first job as a mercenary, guarding a vault for two years, earning money. 

Physical appearance: unusually pale, always wearing a deep-cowled cloak with hidden blades.

Spoiler

IMG_8249.thumb.webp.8adca7f0f982f6057a60889d6cce520f.webp

Edited by TwinSouls

Posted (edited)
On 4/19/2024 at 8:14 PM, RoyalBeeMage said:

Looks good!

On 4/20/2024 at 11:59 PM, Scars of Hathsin said:

Name: Arranis Reelwiron Galanodel 

Gender/Pronouns: He/Him

Race: ?

Magic System: Alma Magic

Personality: He is an extremely likeable person, is friendly towards others, and enjoys his new life on the planet, with a family for the first time in his life, and is exceedingly dedicated to them.

Abilities/Skills: Connector, Melee Weapons Master, Multi-Lingual

Backstory: He has a mysterious background, and had just appeared on the planet one day, but has become a vital part of the community, and it seems to everyone that he has been there forever. He is now the father of a son (Naill, 5) and newborn (Del, 0). 

Physical Appearance: 

[]

V

costume_concepts_for_alethi_man_by_nechitaynetreba_dfd9b5w-fullview.jpg

Do you want to PM me some of your secrets so I can incorporate them into the plot? Otherwise, looks good!

23 hours ago, TwinSouls said:

“A(h), Llamas”

Name: Galdorn

Race: (Haki players are allowed, but I reserve the right to veto anything that might make the RP less fun for others): Hooman

Magic system (if any): älma Magic

Personality: Agressive, accommodating, and prefers the dark, and has a good sense of humor

Abilities/skills: He is a very skilled and practiced Älma Merger, who generally acts as a mercenary in larger cities. He enjoys using shorter swords, and knives. He knows many ‘party’ tricks

Backstory: He grew up on the streets, hiding in taverns, and learning tricks to earn food and money, growing to understand his powers. At around age 17, he got his first job as a mercenary, guarding a vault for two years, earning money. 

Physical appearance: unusually pale, always wearing a deep-cowled cloak with hidden blades.

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_8249.thumb.webp.8adca7f0f982f6057a60889d6cce520f.webp

Nice!

@ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ still need a sheet from you bud (I have no idea if this tag works . . .)

@TheRavenHasLanded We all know and love Sleeper, but I would like a character sheet if your still interested.

4 minutes ago, justice magician said:

Looks good!

Do you want to PM me some of your secrets so I can incorporate them into the plot? Otherwise, looks good!

Nice!

@ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ still need a sheet from you bud (I have no idea if this tag works . . .)

@TheRavenHasLanded We all know and love Sleeper, but I would like a character sheet if your still interested.

Wit is taking a break from the shard, possibly indefinitely.

Name: Sleeper 

Race: A scale-walker (Idk, thats just what i call it now)

Magic: Alma manip

personality: cold and uncaring, but he has a moral code, its just a slightly... off putting one.

Abilities: Soul Manip and swordplay, and sneaking around.

Backstory: Too lazy to write atm.

Appearance: He has some weird ghostly scales on one side of his body, while his other side is made of synthetic skin. He's lanky, and doesnt look super strong.

5 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Wit is taking a break from the shard, possibly indefinitely.

Oh, I didn't know that, thanks for letting me know

5 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Name: Sleeper 

Race: A scale-walker (Idk, thats just what i call it now)

Magic: Alma manip

personality: cold and uncaring, but he has a moral code, its just a slightly... off putting one.

Abilities: Soul Manip and swordplay, and sneaking around.

Backstory: Too lazy to write atm.

Appearance: He has some weird ghostly scales on one side of his body, while his other side is made of synthetic skin. He's lanky, and doesnt look super strong.

Looks good!

Spoiler
Spoiler

Me, trying to piece together all of the Sleeper Facts (TM) and his appearance based on this and A&E

conspiracy theory Meme Generator

My character/ NPC/ Babysitter dude:

Spoiler

Name: Kurtis Conolly

Race: (Haki players are allowed, but I reserve the right to veto anything that might make the RP less fun for others): Haki ✨

Magic system (if any): Has a few --small-- doses of the Haki steroid juice stuff to use in emergencies

Personality: Himbo

Abilities/skills: Extreme proficiency for his duel blades, he was sent to babysit you guys for a reason. He likes writing poetry, but isn't good at it.

Backstory: Was born on the Haki home world, and was transferred here. It's his first job away from home, and he's really excited about it. Raised among the higher class warriors of the home world, he doesn't really understand the extent of Haki Colonialism and how they've exploited the planet. He's super loyal to his people because nationalism, and he wants only to serve them the best he can and make his father proud.

Physical appearance (not required, however, aesthetic). Thick plate armor that looks like it would be super warm and heavy but he seems unbothered. Bright blue skin and pointy ears (as one does), black hair that is perfectly styled with hair gel and big bright, happy eyes.

Spoiler

If any one can guess the fictional character he's based on . . .  I'll give you a hypothetical bagel

1 minute ago, justice magician said:

Oh, I didn't know that, thanks for letting me know

Looks good!

Hide contents
  Hide contents

Me, trying to piece together all of the Sleeper Facts (TM) and his appearance based on this and A&E

conspiracy theory Meme Generator

My character/ NPC/ Babysitter dude:

Hide contents

Race: (Haki players are allowed, but I reserve the right to veto anything that might make the RP less fun for others): Haki ✨

Magic system (if any): Has a few --small-- doses of the Haki steroid juice stuff to use in emergencies

Abilities/skills: Extreme proficiency for his duel blades, he was sent to babysit you guys for a reason. He likes writing poetry, but isn't good at it.

Backstory: Was born on the Haki home world, and was transferred here. It's his first job away from home, and he's really excited about it. Raised among the higher class warriors of the home world, he doesn't really understand the extent of Haki Colonialism and how they've exploited the planet. He's super loyal to his people because nationalism, and he wants only to serve them the best he can and make his father proud.

Physical appearance (not required, however, aesthetic). Thick plate armor that looks like it would be super warm and heavy but he seems unbothered. Bright blue skin and pointy ears (as one does), black hair that is perfectly styled with hair gel and big bright, happy eyes.

Reveal hidden contents

If any one can guess the fictional character he's based on . . .  I'll give you a hypothetical bagel

Spoiler

he's also minorly in tlt and the dissonance rp. 

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:
  Reveal hidden contents

he's also minorly in tlt and the dissonance rp. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

*Takes notes*

9 hours ago, justice magician said:

Hide contents

give him a few draconic gifts. i added them for a reason

12 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

give him a few draconic gifts. i added them for a reason

The idea is that he isn't from the planet at all, and has only been there for a few months . . . so it's unlikely he'd be connected to a dragonic bloodline/ or have draconic based magic (There's also a plot reason why his Haki superiors wouldn't give him a stolen dragon gift, but that's all I'll say). That and I generally prefer playing fighter type characters rather than magic users, it's just my preference for RP's 😅

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

What have you found so far? @justice magician

Spoiler

Hypothetical notes in a universe where I had more time lol

Alright everyone, now that we have characters I'm going to go ahead and start the RP proper. Any OoC talk should be in quote boxes from now on.

Kurtis settled into his seat at the head of the table, eager to begin. The tavern was quiet, most people didn't want to linger when the Haki had business there. The staff eyed him from behind their counter, waiting to see what he would do.

In truth, he wasn't there to do much more than wait. His assigned colleges for the mission were meant to meet him here, at a nondescript inn. Secrecy was important to the mission --If the southerners found out they were coming to rescue Marina, it would ruin everything. Indeed, a small group of mercenaries with a single Haki supervisor was also meant to make the mission less suspicious. 

Kurtis tapped his finger on the table as he waited, thinking it over one more time. It would be a fairly smooth operation, if everything were to go to plan. This particular tavern was located in Lamu, the southernmost Haki settlement on the planet. A short stealth trip to the Southern rebel base and back would only take a few days. The real challenge would be getting into the base itself, which no doubt had their best security.

He decided to put it out of his mind, there was no sense in worrying when they already had everything planned out. Kurtis just needed to wait for the others to arrive.

@Scars of Hathsin @TheRavenHasLanded @TwinSouls @RoyalBeeMage

Reveal hidden contents

Hypothetical notes in a universe where I had more time lol

Kurtis settled into his seat at the head of the table, eager to begin. The tavern was quiet, most people didn't want to linger when the Haki had business there. The staff eyed him from behind their counter, waiting to see what he would do.

In truth, he wasn't there to do much more than wait. His assigned colleges for the mission were meant to meet him here, at a nondescript inn. Secrecy was important to the mission --If the southerners found out they were coming to rescue Marina, it would ruin everything. Indeed, a small group of mercenaries with a single Haki supervisor was also meant to make the mission less suspicious. 

Kurtis tapped his finger on the table as he waited, thinking it over one more time. It would be a fairly smooth operation, if everything were to go to plan. This particular tavern was located in Lamu, the southernmost Haki settlement on the planet. A short stealth trip to the Southern rebel base and back would only take a few days. The real challenge would be getting into the base itself, which no doubt had their best security.

He decided to put it out of his mind, there was no sense in worrying when they already had everything planned out. Kurtis just needed to wait for the others to arrive.

@Scars of Hathsin @TheRavenHasLanded @TwinSouls @RoyalBeeMage

Sleeper, more or less, fell through the roof. He curses and grunts as he hits the ground. "The worlds hate me, I guess." he stands, looking at Kurtis, holding a spiked sword.

Sleeper, more or less, fell through the roof. He curses and grunts as he hits the ground. "The worlds hate me, I guess." he stands, looking at Kurtis, holding a spiked sword.

"Right . . ." Kurtis said with an enthusiastic smile that didn't really match Sleeper's comment. He stood and moved to help him up. 

"Are you here for . . . the mission?" He asked with a whisper, even though no one else was near.

Just now, justice magician said:

"Right . . ." Kurtis said with an enthusiastic smile that didn't really match Sleeper's comment. He stood and moved to help him up. 

"Are you here for . . . the mission?" He asked with a whisper, even though no one else was near.

"Someone paid me, so I suppose so. Do you know anyone by the name of [insert important person's name here]?"

"Someone paid me, so I suppose so. Do you know anyone by the name of [insert important person's name here]?"

"Oh yeah, Colonel Juken is the one who set all this up." He gestured for sleeper to sit at the table.

be back in 1/2 an hour

"Oh yeah, Colonel Juken is the one who set all this up." He gestured for sleeper to sit at the table.

He gives a blank stare. "Do you know who I am?" he dismisses his sword and then takes a nearby soul from some object and creates a different blade.

41 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

He gives a blank stare. "Do you know who I am?" he dismisses his sword and then takes a nearby soul from some object and creates a different blade.

"Nope!" He said, sitting at the table. "I wasn't given names, just a general idea of the group size."

8 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"Does Sleeper ring a bell? Outside of this... group, I suppose." He sits down with swagger.

"Not really," He said with a shrug. "But I've only been on the planet for a few months."