Fantasy RP with worldbuilding ideas thread

J. Magi

Main Plot Ideas   

4 members have voted

1. 1. I need to have a basic idea of what we doing for us to start

• Rescue/Heist story
    • Escape from underground mines/ contact with rebel group
    • just a straight up revolution
    • traveling to the south side (for one reason or another)

Hi

I miss Fadran  when we would do some communal worldbuilding that eventually turned into an rp . . . I really enjoyed rping in a world that we built ourselves and I realized it's been awhile since we've done something like this. Now that the ACT is over where I live, I can waste my free time guilt free, so I thought this might be fun to try. I've also never started an RP myself, despite being here for over a year.

As a place to start, I would love to do another high-fantasy rp, but I'm open to other ideas.

If anyone has thoughts or ideas on what this could turn into I'd love to hear it! If no ones interested, that's alright--there's a lot of other RP's going right now.

Edited by justice magician

2 hours ago, justice magician said:

Hi

I miss Fadran  when we would do some communal worldbuilding that eventually turned into an rp . . . I really enjoyed rping in a world that we built ourselves and I realized it's been awhile since we've done something like this. Now that the ACT is over where I live, I can waste my free time guilt free, so I thought this might be fun to try. I've also never started an RP myself, despite being here for over a year.

As a place to start, I would love to do another high-fantasy rp, but I'm open to other ideas.

If anyone has thoughts or ideas on what this could turn into I'd love to hear it! If no ones interested, that's alright--there's a lot of other RP's going right now.

Yes.

16 hours ago, justice magician said:

Hi

would love to join this

1 minute ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

ahh no problem. take your time.

For now we can take our time to brainstorm ideas here in the thread . . . 

Some basic questions to get us started:

-What time period is it based on?

-What sort of magic systems do we want to allow?

-How big is this world?

-What fantasy races might live here? Do they have specific magic?

-What could serve as monsters or bad guys?

-What should our main Quest's goal be about?

@Scars of Hathsin @witsthebest (I tried buddy)

6 hours ago, justice magician said:

-How big is this world?

I see it. Ping me or quote me when there is a doc.

8 hours ago, justice magician said:

-How big is this world?

time period? modern day or old london ideas are what i would like to put on the table

i kind of want a monster hunting in London kind of rp

58 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

time period? modern day or old london ideas are what i would like to put on the table

i kind of want a monster hunting in London kind of rp

Oh that seems really interesting!

Here's the doc:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X07MIo6bumnml8nqROP7ucoXbG6GKPVID2c7OLN1JJk/edit?usp=sharing

It's very bare bones at the moment, feel free to add stuff before I get to it (also pls let me know if it doesn't work)

8 hours ago, justice magician said:

@witsthebest (I tried buddy)

You could always copy and paste the one in my signature.

Time Period: Faster than Light Era

Magic: Soul Connections (Much Like Penn's Magic)

Connection: Being able to connect souls to things

Division: Being able to divide souls from things

Merging: Merging souls, or things together

Manipulation: Being able to manipulate souls, or objects

World: 2 Million Km Diameter (Map Attached)

Unique Races / Creatures: Salamanders, Djinn, Sea Serpents, Dragons, Giant Moles, Vampires, Werewolves, Humans, Merpeople, Shades

Antagonists: Shades (Creatures that have connected to other souls so much, that they have been combined, thirsty to get more) maybe with some of the other creatures

Quest: ?

65f38194ac4490cd.png

3 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

askldjf;laskdjf that's brilliant why didn't I think of that . . .

3 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Time Period: Faster than Light Era

Magic: Soul Connections (Much Like Penn's Magic)

World: 2 Million Km Diameter (Map Attached)

Unique Races / Creatures: Salamanders, Djinn, Sea Serpents, Dragons, Giant Moles, Vampires, Werewolves, Humans, Merpeople, Shades

Antagonists: Shades (Creatures that have connected to other souls so much, that they have been combined, thirsty to get more) maybe with some of the other creatures

Quest: ?

65f38194ac4490cd.png

These are great ideas! I do have to go now for today though.

1 hour ago, justice magician said:

askldjf;laskdjf that's brilliant why didn't I think of that . . .

These are great ideas! I do have to go now for today though.

no worries. is it posible for me to add a few sections to the world building area?

also magic idea

binding

for most of history binding spesificly bonebinding was considerd a dark art. it requierd the user to take a severd limb and fuse it with their own body. in more recent years a new form of it called stone binding and metalic binding were discoverd. stonebinding involves crafting bones from any type of stone and fusing it to your self. over a few weeks flesh will spread and compleatly cover the new bones. metalic binding is the same as stone binding only more expensive. it give the users subconsious control over all metal that is incontact with their body. they can create new bones and flesh out of metal at will. they can add mucles to exsisting limbs, extend them and grow new limbs.

9 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

That is a lot like the idea I had for merging. As I have said above

thats kind of where i was getting the idea from as well as some ideas i had lying about

12 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

no worries. is it posible for me to add a few sections to the world building area?

also magic idea

Oh absolutely! Just try and keep things organized (sorry I couldn't respond consistently last night, I was busy).

11 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

That is a lot like the idea I had for merging. As I have said above

1 hour ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

thats kind of where i was getting the idea from as well as some ideas i had lying about

Maybe we could merge them into one system? I think we could do multiple magic systems, but they would need to be fairly distinct from one another.

3 minutes ago, justice magician said:

Oh absolutely! Just try and keep things organized (sorry I couldn't respond consistently last night, I was busy).

Maybe we could merge them into one system? I think we could do multiple magic systems, but they would need to be fairly distinct from one another.

that is a good idea

6 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

What if this world has mostly medieval peoples but then the planets with higher stages of technology colonized it, becoming their rulers? That could make for some interesting dynamics between characters.

it could then be infered that the colonisers would be considered gods in comparason.

On 3/16/2024 at 3:29 AM, The Stormfather said:

What if this world has mostly medieval peoples but then the planets with higher stages of technology colonized it, becoming their rulers? That could make for some interesting dynamics between characters.

On 3/16/2024 at 10:01 AM, RoyalBeeMage said:

it could then be infered that the colonisers would be considered gods in comparason.

That sounds a lot like Sixth of Dusk

I was thinking of trying to make a world / backstory for @justice magician's character Penn, as it is a really interesting character, and a really interesting magic system

1 minute ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

That sounds a lot like Sixth of Dusk

I was thinking of trying to make a world / backstory for @justice magician's character Penn, as it is a really interesting character, and a really interesting magic system

humm. you are right. have you had a look at the google doc that @justice magician posted?