The Archivist's Salutations

As stated above, salutations. I am the Ultimate Archivist. After three years of intense study in seclusion, I have emerged into the world to share all that I have learned. Please, as this is a haven of learning and scholarship, ask me any questions you may have. I will also reach out to learn ever more. I am not afraid to be wrong; correct any issues you see from me.

As mind means might, thank you.

The Ultimate Archivist

18 hours ago, justice magician said:

Hey, nice to meet you! Welcome to the Shard! Do you have a favorite kind of bagel?

Semase Seed and cream cheese

18 hours ago, Block said:

Welcome, what's your favorite kind of Tic Tacs?

Tropical orange

17 hours ago, Aeternum said:

Welcome to the Shard! Favorite Sanderson book?

Undoubtedly the Hero of Ages

17 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

welcome to the shard! Who's your favorite Sanderson character?

Hrathen. Marsh is a very close second.

13 hours ago, strmblsd said:

Welcome.... What is your opinion on hemalurgy 

Adore Hemalurgy and its Cosmere ramifications. I think Inquisitors are incredible.

12 hours ago, Lord Spirit said:

Welcome! What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

Plain old Vanilla Bean. You'll have to forgive me.

Thank you all for your interest! Very kind!

Just now, UltimateArchivist said:

Semase Seed and cream cheese

Tropical orange

Undoubtedly the Hero of Ages

Hrathen. Marsh is a very close second.

Adore Hemalurgy and its Cosmere ramifications. I think Inquisitors are incredible.

Plain old Vanilla Bean. You'll have to forgive me.

Nice! Cream cheese is always a good choice!

21 hours ago, UltimateArchivist said:

As stated above, salutations. I am the Ultimate Archivist. After three years of intense study in seclusion, I have emerged into the world to share all that I have learned. Please, as this is a haven of learning and scholarship, ask me any questions you may have. I will also reach out to learn ever more. I am not afraid to be wrong; correct any issues you see from me.

As mind means might, thank you.

The Ultimate Archivist

Welcome friend!

16 hours ago, strmblsd said:

Welcome.... What is your opinion on hemalurgy 

What's yours, out of curiosity?

2 hours ago, UltimateArchivist said:

This is the correct answer 🫡

Which aspect of Hemalurgy seems most interesting to you?

I, personally, love that it allows for direct Spiritweb manipulation, which means you can change nearly any aspect of yourself you want.

What's more, it allows for a magic system that can increase in power, but it has actual, measurable bounds. 

56 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Hey there! Welcome to the Shard! 😁

If you could visit any country on Roshar for a week, which country would it be and why?

Azir and its related countries. They seem to be very rich in culture and civic understanding; it simply seems like a nice place.

1 hour ago, Trusk'our said:

Which aspect of Hemalurgy seems most interesting to you?

I find that I am especially intrigued when it is used to transmit actual powers. The Law of Hemalurgic Decay is a well set boundary that resounds pleasingly with other limitations of magic in the Cosmere. However, I also like its versatility, such as how it can be used anywhere and across almost any magic system. Even for things not directly pertaining to magic.

18 minutes ago, UltimateArchivist said:

I find that I am especially intrigued when it is used to transmit actual powers. The Law of Hemalurgic Decay is a well set boundary that resounds pleasingly with other limitations of magic in the Cosmere. However, I also like its versatility, such as how it can be used anywhere and across almost any magic system. Even for things not directly pertaining to magic.

Yeah, I know that there has been a theme in some other works of fiction where a magic user can steal other magic users' power.

I don't usually like this, as it's never clear how much power they get, there's never a real downside to taking it (aside from the moral consequences, that is), and they're always beaten anyway. Hemalurgy has measurable amounts of Investiture, has limitations and consequences, and it can still be used as a viable option to gain magical power.

10 minutes ago, Trusk'our said:

Yeah, I know that there has been a theme in some other works of fiction where a magic user can steal other magic users' power.

I don't usually like this, as it's never clear how much power they get, there's never a real downside to taking it (aside from the moral consequences, that is), and they're always beaten anyway. Hemalurgy has measurable amounts of Investiture, has limitations and consequences, and it can still be used as a viable option to gain magical power.

All true. How astute of you.

3 hours ago, UltimateArchivist said:

Depends... its not a Cookie Clicker cookie, is it? Those are evil. Otherwise, definitely!

Wonderful! *Hands cookie* Here is your very own spiked cookie! Remember, it's completely safe!