Question and Answer

Zas678

I should have said that Cognitive Identity might have something to with the "potency" of their "reproductive apparatus." I feel like it would.

You mean like making themselves more fertile?

Hey, quick questions, does anyone have the Q and A where Brandon confirms Hoid has seen worlds die? I know it was recent but I can't find it.

If that WoB exists, it is not on Theoryland. I could not find it, anyways.

You mean like making themselves more fertile?

Yes, or less fertile, to the point of being impotent.

If that WoB exists, it is not on Theoryland. I could not find it, anyways.

You're correct. I think he may be talking about this quote:

And while I am your friend, please understand that our goals do not completely align. You must not trust yourself with me. If I have to watch this world crumble and burn to get what I need, I will do so. With tears, yes, but I would let it happen.”

Somewhere along the way, the priests have made the Returned believe that they cannot have children, thus, the Returned can't have children because of how they perceive themselves. (I think)

Kurk is likely to jump on me for this, because I know he doesn't like this Cognitive hogwash as much as I do. It's just a pet theory of mine.

As a general rule no I don't like people leaning overmuch on Cognitive shenanigans as the answer to all questions. But perhaps it's a bit more allowable in the case of Returned, since we've already seen their Divine Breath granting the Cognitive a startling amount of control over the nature of their bodies.

That aside, I'd say the WoBs others have cited since your post likely argue against the answer being the one you propose here.

Edited by Kurkistan

Quick question:

When using Breath, it drains color away from something. Does the color come back when you retrieve the Breaths? If not, can the item be recolored with dye?

I don't know if I missed this, but was curious if anyone knows.

Quick question:

When using Breath, it drains color away from something. Does the color come back when you retrieve the Breaths?

No.

If not, can the item be recolored with dye?

I don't know if I missed this, but was curious if anyone knows.

I don't think this has been addressed.

"And why," Syl repeated, "must you get rid of it? Kaladin, you've heard the stories. Men who walked on walls, men who bound the storms to them. Windrunners. Why would you want to be rid of something like this?"

-Way of Kings page 797

I would assume so, since Hoid brought the flute along with him, as well as the bead of lerasium. If you're using a spaceship (ala Sixth of the Dusk), of course you can bring whatever.

Regarding taking people with you: Hmmm... We'll see. There are people who say you have to have the right type of Investiture to travel between worlds without technology (presumably through Shardpools, but that's unconfirmed). Anyone else know for sure?

Edited by Curiosity

Isn't there something in the Ars Arcanum about willshapers allowing contact with the greater Spren and taking people to meet them? If so that would imply that they can take others into shadesmar and I think we've had it confirmed that you can use shadesmar to worldhop so that would in turn imply you can take others with you if you have the right inv turn. Sorry for any mistakes I'm working from memory here and that's never been my strongsuit

I would assume so, since Hoid brought the flute along with him, as well as the bead of lerasium. If you're using a spaceship (ala Sixth of the Dusk), of course you can bring whatever.

Regarding taking people with you: Hmmm... We'll see. There are people who say you have to have the right type of Investiture to travel between worlds without technology (presumably through Shardpools, but that's unconfirmed). Anyone else know for sure?

I was thinking about the possibility of transporting a lifeless from Nalthis to a different world. I was reading a q & a where sanderson said harmony might at some point try to bring back either vin or elend, except he didn't know how yet. Could a soul be put back into a lifeless? Edited by Sdg10

Jasnah's ability to enter and leave Shadesmar with clothing all-but-confirms you can take things with you. All you need to do to worldhop is travel Shadesmar, after all.

Let me re-state, sorry for any confusion. It has not been addressed whether one can taxi another human or sentient being. That being said, Nightblood worldhopped, and I feel it is safe to say he didn't do so himself. So does Nightblood count?

Let me re-state, sorry for any confusion. It has not been addressed whether one can taxi another human or sentient being. That being said, Nightblood worldhopped, and I feel it is safe to say he didn't do so himself. So does Nightblood count?

I'm not sure, but the Oathgates are apparently giant Transportation fabrials, and they work on other people. I imagine they could be repurposed to send people to Shadesmar. I would be genuinely surprised if you couldn't bring other people when worldhopping.

Also:

As to the other orders that were inferior in this visiting of the far realm of spren, the Elsecallers were prodigiously benevolent, allowing others as auxiliary to their visits and interactions; though they did never relinquish their place as prime liaisons with the great ones of the spren; and the Lightweavers and Willshapers both also had an affinity to the same, though neither were the true masters of that realm.

Edited by Moogle