17th Shard CurseForge Modded Minecraft Server Ideas

As some people may have known, I have had a modded minecraft server. But due to lack of people on the Server, I was looking for ideas on what the server could include. 

Please comment any mods you want.

Examples:

Feruchemy

Allomancy

Create

Zombie Apocalypse 

@ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ@RoyalBeeMage Or anyone else.

I have a few mods I can suggest, but need to know what version it’s on. (You do not need to add all of these, and I can say for sure that depending on the version, some will not be available.)

(In order of what I recommend more) 

- Lag Reduction (***SUPER IMPORTANT***)

> Sodium, Optifine, Clumps

- Mistborn Specific

> Feruchemist Origins (https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/feruchemist-origins), Flan’s Mod Western Pack (u can rename the weapons, and if you make a texture pack that changes stuff based on name, but you need Optifine, which is Forge)

- Map/Travel Mods

> Xaero’s Map, Xaero’s Minimap, Waystones (already mentioned but why not add it to the list)

- Effects

> Dehydration

- Communication

> Simple Voice Chat (if you watch Hermitcraft or the Life Series, this is what they use)

- Misc.

> Comforts (sleeping bags), Traveler’s Backpacks

- Camera

> Freecam, Better 3rd Person

- Inventory Mods:

> Inventory Sorting, Legendary Tooltips, Item Highlighter, JEI

-HUD Mods

> WTHIT/Jade🔍 (2 mods that do the same thing), Inventory HUD+

- Appearance

> Iris Shaders

- Biome/World Gen Mods:

> Terralith, Biomes o’ Plenty

- Additional Structure Mods

> Towns and Towers, Mo’ Structures, MVS

(I use a lot of these for my survival world, and like them a lot)

aether 2, cobblemon, classic sword blocking, stackable potions (and similar mods,) buildcraft/create, DNA reborn/chest cavities, any dragon fight updater, combat roll, any beta bow fire-rate mod, lifesteal, realistic healing, any "make early game last a bit longer by adding flint tools" mod, timber plugin, 

Edited by Just_a_Fan

On 2/19/2024 at 5:27 PM, Scars of Hathsin said:

@danex do you have anything to say?

not really. I wish you luck, but I probably won’t play. I’m too busy to even play on my own server these days =P

You’re welcome to advertise it in my server’s discord if you want.

On 2/21/2024 at 2:16 PM, TwinSouls said:

This isn’t a suggestion, but does the server work for bedrock?

Probably not, because the Allomancy and Feruchemist mods run on Forge and it isn’t available on bedrock, sorry :(

(We would need to use the Feruchemist mod - https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/feruchemist, because the Feruchemy mod is only for 1.7 and I assume we’re going to want at least 1.19, which the Feruchemist Mod^ runs on.)

I have put some mods together, some I have not been able to put on, and others I decided not to. 

Maps, I chose not to use the map, as it just seems a bit like cheating for me, as some show animals, and players in the area. 

Waystones, as the create mod is installed, I have not put this on, so it encourages the use of trains. 

Included Mods: 1.20.1 World (Curseforge)

• Ars Nevrou
    • Better Combat
    • Botarium
    • Cloth Config
    • Clumps
    • Combat Roll
    • Comforts
    • Create
    • Create: New Age
    • Curios
    • Flib
    • Geckolib
    • Patchouli
    • Player Animation Lib
    • Simple Tomb
    • TFMG
    • Too Many Glyphs
    • Yungs API
    • YungsBetterEndIsland

Tell me what you think

@RoyalBeeMage

@WhyEverNot_8

@Just_a_Fan

Edited by Scars of Hathsin

49 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

I have put some mods together, some I have not been able to put on, and others I decided not to. 

Maps, I chose not to use the map, as it just seems a bit like cheating for me, as some show animals, and players in the area. 

Waystones, as the create mod is installed, I have not put this on, so it encourages the use of trains. 

Included Mods: 1.20.1 World (Curseforge)

• Tell me what you think

@RoyalBeeMage

@WhyEverNot_8

@Just_a_Fan

Like the look of the mods. Could we add farmers delight and create slice and dice 

I would say that if your laptop isn’t good at handling mods, add Sodium and Optifine, they have very similar functions, but they work fairly well together, and I was able to get my modpack with 257 mods running just fine on my laptop. (My laptop is also very slow, before I fiddled with Sodium and Optifine my singleplayer world was averaging about 1 fps.)

I noticed a few anomalies:

Botarium is an API for making tech mods, so unless you’re wanting to do that, then I’d remove it.

Cloth API is fabric, and Create is Forge, so they wouldn’t go together

Recommendations:

- The Maps have settings where you can turn off mobs and players, so you can just add it and make a rule that all players must turn it off. It’s not the best solution, but I feel like it’s worth it. You decide.

- Adding Simple Voice Chat -  It’s easy to set up and grants some pretty easy communication. 

- Adding JEI is probably my biggest suggestion out of all of these besides Sodium and Optifine, it makes life so easy to be able to tell what you need in order to craft stuff, especially if we’re using Create, which has some very complicated recipes.

- Some QOL mods that aren’t laggy are Better 3rd Person, More Mob Variants (simply adds new textures for mobs like chickens, pigs and cows), and Fresh Animations (the last is a resource pack that adds better animations for mobs)

On 3/2/2024 at 1:20 AM, WhyEverNot_8 said:

I would say that if your laptop isn’t good at handling mods, add Sodium and Optifine, they have very similar functions, but they work fairly well together, and I was able to get my modpack with 257 mods running just fine on my laptop. (My laptop is also very slow, before I fiddled with Sodium and Optifine my singleplayer world was averaging about 1 fps.)

I noticed a few anomalies:

Botarium is an API for making tech mods, so unless you’re wanting to do that, then I’d remove it.

Cloth API is fabric, and Create is Forge, so they wouldn’t go together

Recommendations:

- The Maps have settings where you can turn off mobs and players, so you can just add it and make a rule that all players must turn it off. It’s not the best solution, but I feel like it’s worth it. You decide.

- Adding Simple Voice Chat -  It’s easy to set up and grants some pretty easy communication. 

- Adding JEI is probably my biggest suggestion out of all of these besides Sodium and Optifine, it makes life so easy to be able to tell what you need in order to craft stuff, especially if we’re using Create, which has some very complicated recipes.

- Some QOL mods that aren’t laggy are Better 3rd Person, More Mob Variants (simply adds new textures for mobs like chickens, pigs and cows), and Fresh Animations (the last is a resource pack that adds better animations for mobs)

I completely forgot JEI