Elantris Sequel names

So we know that Elantris is called Elantris (Shocker, I know), and the sequel will likely be called Dakhor. So, I figure the 3rd book will also be the name of something relating to a Sellish magic system. Something like ChayShan or JinDo, since that is where the practitioners come from. Any other guesses?

6 hours ago, Hmmm lies said:

So we know that Elantris is called Elantris (Shocker, I know), and the sequel will likely be called Dakhor. So, I figure the 3rd book will also be the name of something relating to a Sellish magic system. Something like ChayShan or JinDo, since that is where the practitioners come from. Any other guesses?

Soulstamp? Soul? Something about that system maybe, except that that's kind of what the Emperor's soul is called. 

Likely it'll be titled "Jaddeth" or something similar, based on:

Spoiler

Brandon Sanderson

*chuckles and points at screen in very satisfied way* RAFO. You're a very smart person.

It's [pronounced] "Yaddeth", by the way. That is also one of the Y-J's. ...

So, I will say this. Here's what I'll canonize. There is something happening, and the people there legitimately believe, and have reason to believe, that their god is going to return. And I have said before, many times, that Book 2 of Elantris begins with the return of their god. 'Cause they've said "God can't come back until everybody converts". But they've found a loophole. They're like "well, except those heretics in Elantris. And also that other little place, that tiny little region that's over in the mountains, where they talk about roses, they don't count either. Because they're, um, not actually part of the planet." Um, so. So that's something to look forward to, if I ever get around to writing Dakhor, is the return of Jaddeth, the god of [Shu-Dereth].

YouTube Spoiler Stream 5 (Dec. 2, 2022)

So, if Dakhor is about the return of Jaddeth - then book 3 will likely be the resolution of that arc and be titled accodingly. 

Alternatively, it could be a teaser title that introduces the (potential) third continent:

Spoiler

Nimrod Rappaport

In Arcanum Unbounded you mentioned that Sel is one of the biggest planets. You also mentioned that there are three empires on that planet. In Elantris 2 two will we get... You also mentioned that they are largely ignorant of each other, will we get a book in which those empires interact? Maybe in Elantris 2

Also, can you please specify on their nature and maybe some inspirations you got when writing and thinking about them?

Brandon Sanderson

So, sure. Sel wears its inspirations quite blatantly on its sleeve, right? It's not that obvious for instance in Stormlight that the Alethi are based off of Mongolians, because there's so much more in the mix there, that it's not quite as obvious. But in Sel, it's a little more obvious. You know, basically the idea came to me that what if the vikings had united behind a very hierarchical religion like Catholicism, and we had Catholic vikings, conquering the world. What would the world look like and that is where the entire religion came from.

Actually the truth is it's like, there was this priest, right, and one group became Buddhist and the other became Catholic vikings and, you know, Buddhist Renaissance... Italians is kind of where we got there and of course, the Rose Empire the inspirations are a little bit more Eastern and Middle Eastern. For instance, the Grands are based on Babylonian influences and I'm kind of looking at a lot of Babylonian, a little bit of Syrian. But of course Shai is very very clearly based on East Asian cultures and specifically China.

So, the empires and things like that... for there you might have noticed that we've got a Europe centered one, and an Asia/Eastern centered one, so you might be able to theorize where the third empire's inspirations might be or at least a list of possible candidates.

ICon 2019 (Oct. 17, 2019)

My vote is Meso-American Empire based. . . 

29 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:
Spoiler

my vote is Indian or Russian (want a Russian regency romance set in the cosmere, ya know) based one.

Spoiler

My guess was based on the fact that he was already researching Aztec for Rithmatist 2, and it would be classic Sanderson to use that as cover for research for this portion of the Cosmere

But your options are definitely valid too (along with Central Africa-based)

37 minutes ago, KelsierFortnite said:

Cosmere (Taldain/Scadrial) spoilers

Hide contents

Didn't Sanderson imply that Jaddeth is an avatar of Autonomy? Maybe the Elantris sequels could provide more background on Autonomy's actions.

The WoB in this post earlier in the thread is what makes fan reach the conclusion you reference