Percy Jackson RP

RoyalBeeMage

1 minute ago, Lunamor said:

Jenny quickly averted her gaze, gritting her teeth. He said he was a monster. She was a monster too. How long would it be until she lost control? Until she killed again? Until she gave in? Not long. The voice was right. She was a danger. Monsters needed to stay away from everyone else. Terrance had the right idea.

Even after she was no longer making eye contact, the dread lingered. Her eyes remained wide, staring at nothing. She tried to shake out of it, but something in her mind was refusing to let go of the terror. The dread dug its claws into the surface of her thoughts and scraped gashes through them each time it was yanked back from its attempts to flee.

She nodded, not reacting to the hug.

”You’re not a monster, Terrance.”

Who are you to be the judge of that?

Jenny whispered to herself under her breath. She somehow managed to hold back the tears trying to well up in her eyes.

”I’m not a monster.”

LIAR.

It was right. She didn’t believe what she had said.

"You're terrified," Terrance said simply. It was not a question.

4 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Jenny quickly averted her gaze, gritting her teeth. He said he was a monster. She was a monster too. How long would it be until she lost control? Until she killed again? Until she gave in? Not long. The voice was right. She was a danger. Monsters needed to stay away from everyone else. Terrance had the right idea.

Even after she was no longer making eye contact, the dread lingered. Her eyes remained wide, staring at nothing. She tried to shake out of it, but something in her mind was refusing to let go of the terror. The dread dug its claws into the surface of her thoughts and scraped gashes through them each time it was yanked back from its attempts to flee.

She nodded, not reacting to the hug.

”You’re not a monster, Terrance.”

Who are you to be the judge of that?

Jenny whispered to herself under her breath. She somehow managed to hold back the tears trying to well up in her eyes.

”I’m not a monster.”

LIAR.

It was right. She didn’t believe what she had said.

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Elsie let go of Jenny, and just looked between the two with concern. "Can... Is there anything I can do to make either of you feel better?"

9 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Jenny’s voice was barely above a whisper. She wouldn’t have made eye contact even if she could.

”I’m not terrified of you. Most of this was already there.”

She forced a pitiful smile and gave a wry chuckle.

“It’s not that bad, anyways.”

Liar, liar, liar.

Jenny’s coping mechanism for quite a while was just to be in denial. It’s very effective until you slip up.

6 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Elsie let go of Jenny, and just looked between the two with concern. "Can... Is there anything I can do to make either of you feel better?"

She shook her head. Her smile only managed to survive for a few seconds. She could leave again. Not physically, but mentally. Accept those glassy eyes, float in nothing. But she couldn’t risk not being in control. So she decided to leave physically.

”Thank you, I’m gonna go.”

Jenny’s voice shook slightly as she addressed no one in particular. She then fled to the bathroom and locked herself inside.

Edited by Lunamor
Trains probably don’t have bathrooms big enough for stalls.

Just now, Lunamor said:

Jenny’s voice was barely above a whisper. She wouldn’t have made eye contact even if she could.

”I’m not terrified of you. Most of this was already there.”

She forced a pitiful smile and gave a wry chuckle.

“It’s not that bad, anyways.”

Liar, liar, liar.

She shook her head. Her smile only managed to survive for a few seconds. She could leave again. Not physically, but mentally. Accept those glassy eyes, float in nothing. But she couldn’t risk not being in control. So she decided to leave physically.

”Thank you, I’m gonna go.”

Jenny’s voice shook slightly as she addressed no one in particular. She then fled to the bathroom and locked herself in one of the stalls.

Elsie wilted. She watched Jenny leave, obviously hurting, and knew she could do absolutely nothing to help.

As soon as Jenny locked the door behind her, she regretted what she had done. It was selfish to flee. They had needed her, and she’d run away like a coward.

They didn’t need you.

She should go apologize. Tell them it wasn’t their fault. Poor Terrance was probably feeling even worse now. She reached to unlock the door.

Don’t.

She froze. Her head started to ache and her vision began to turn white. Not again. It was happening again. Again, again, again. In that little gap between moments, she remembered what had happened before. With the last of her autonomy, Jenny threw open the door.

That was rather annoying. Now it would look suspicious to the other passengers if she immediately closed the door again with that stupid, terrified expression on her face. So the control over her was lessened. Not completely, but enough that she wouldn’t get another nasty headache and get too suspicious. 

Jenny blinked, and everything seemed normal. She didn’t remember stepping outside, which was odd. She was feeling oddly put together. She walked back over to Terrance and Elsie.

”Sorry for leaving. Do you guys want to go play Uno? Terrance, you can watch if you want. Or you could be on my team.”

She whispered to him conspiratorially.

”I could use someone to help me spy on everyone else’s cards.”

@The Aspiring Archivist

@Random Bystander

7 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

As soon as Jenny locked the door behind her, she regretted what she had done. It was selfish to flee. They had needed her, and she’d run away like a coward.

They didn’t need you.

She should go apologize. Tell them it wasn’t their fault. Poor Terrance was probably feeling even worse now. She reached to unlock the door.

Don’t.

She froze. Her head started to ache and her vision began to turn white. Not again. It was happening again. Again, again, again. In that little gap between moments, she remembered what had happened before. With the last of her autonomy, Jenny threw open the door.

That was rather annoying. Now it would look suspicious to the other passengers if she immediately closed the door again with that stupid, terrified expression on her face. So the control over her was lessened. Not completely, but enough that she wouldn’t get another nasty headache and get too suspicious. 

Jenny blinked, and everything seemed normal. She didn’t remember stepping outside, which was odd. She was feeling oddly put together. She walked back over to Terrance and Elsie.

”Sorry for leaving. Do you guys want to go play Uno? Terrance, you can watch if you want. Or you could be on my team.”

She whispered to him conspiratorially.

”I could use someone to help me spy on everyone else’s cards.”

@The Aspiring Archivist

@Random Bystander

Elsie just silently nodded, not looking up. "Yeah, ok." She eventually whispered.

Edited by Random Bystander

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"But it's my fault that you're getting hurt. I don't know..."

"Don't worry about me." She said, fake smiling. She stood up, and started walking towards the train car. She gripped her arms, digging her fingernails in a bit.