Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

4 hours ago, Honorless said:

Very well then. You get "the abilities of the fifth heightening without having breaths". You asphyxiate and die and Return. In Idris. Hahahaha!

Still fine, as I stipulated that I didn't need to fuel it in any way.

4 hours ago, Honorless said:

I wish to become one of the Ainur

Granted, you become the Balrog that Gandalf killed.

I wish for a crossover in which Waxillium meets Kaladin.

1 hour ago, Llstml said:

Still fine, as I stipulated that I didn't need to fuel it in any way.

oops... I need to read more carefully...

4 minutes ago, King_of_the_Dark_Lands said:

I wish I knew everything

Granted, you knew everything but then forgot it immediately as the vast wealth of information overwhelmed you and gave you permanent mental damage.

I wish I could comprehend the things I read more effectively and still read at the same speed I do currently.

On 11/15/2019 at 2:21 PM, Mushroom Catalog said:

I wish I could comprehend the things I read more effectively and still read at the same speed I do currently.

Granted, but you will never enjoy reading again.

I wish for a suit of completely indestructible shardplate.

16 hours ago, Llstml said:

Granted, but you will never enjoy reading again.

I wish for a suit of completely indestructible shardplate.

Granted, but’s it’s just a dress suit that is impossible to take off, leaving your head entirely exposed. On the bright side, you look really snazzy!

I wish I enjoyed the taste of eggs.

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar

I wish for a miniature yellow sun that follows me everywhere 

@Llstml

Granted, but it still puts off the energy of a sun, so you are burned from the world.

I wish to be unable to die, in my current human form, uncontained, and my current mind, without losing the capacity to learn.

Edit: Forgot to quote.

Edited by Darth Woodrack

1 hour ago, Darth Woodrack said:

I wish to be unable to die, in my current human form, uncontained, and my current mind, without losing the capacity to learn.

Granted. You are unable to die. You are in your current human form. You are uncontained. You have your current mind. You did not lose your capacity to learn.

At the time of granting, you freeze in place. The nightwatcher picks up your sentient statue with all of her creepy hands and drags you off into the forest. A short time later, you arrive at a grove. From your limited viewpoint, you weren't the only one to ask for this.

I wish for a carrot.

9 minutes ago, Mushroom Catalog said:

I wish for a carrot.

Granted, you may have a carrot. For your curse, you will be made immortal, put into a state of constant agony, and be completely paralyzed. you will only recover from this state once you eat the carrot. Have fun staring at it for all eternity, unable to reach the one thing that could save you

I wish for ten chickens

Just now, The Awakened Salad said:

I wish for a paperclip.

Granted. It is a giant invincible irremovable shardpaperclip that is attaching you to the firing end of a dawn shard.

I wish for my cat to live forever, loose the ability to feel pain, keep his same kitty mind, retain the capacity to move, keep his same kitty body, not gain any homicidal instincts, not grow in size, and not change how he feels about anyone he already knows.

3 hours ago, Ookla the Wine Shelf said:

I wish for my cat to live forever, loose the ability to feel pain, keep his same kitty mind, retain the capacity to move, keep his same kitty body, not gain any homicidal instincts, not grow in size, and not change how he feels about anyone he already knows.

All right, let’s do this. 

Your cat is granted immortality. All of your above conditions have been met. Your cat stays by your side for your entire life. And then for your entire children’s’ lives. And their children’s’ lives. And their children’s’ children’s’ lives. (Now children just looks like a made-up word to me). This cat becomes a sort of urban legend — it was an ordinary cat, it just wouldn’t die. Eventually, people get curious. They want to do experiments, figure out the source of its immortality. Others fight back. Say it’s unethical, that no animal, no creature, should be experimented on like that. This cat becomes the subject of media attention. Memes abound about the cat. It becomes something bigger than itself. No longer just a cat, but a symbol. Of the unknown, of the mysterious things in our world that we cannot explain. 

By this point, the cat has been alive for centuries. It can barely remember its original owner. It can’t feel pain, but... it doesn’t know what happiness is either. It doesn’t know how long it can keep going, simply existing. Wandering through time like a ghost. 

Eventually, trillions of trillions of years later, the world ends. How, you ask? That’s a secret. But the cat is there. The cat drifts in space, watching as the Earth is reduced to dust, wondering what will happen next. Over thousands, millions of years, the car floats around in space. It watches a new planet form, and somehow gets pulled back into it. It watches as mountains rise, forests grow. As rivers carve their paths down hillsides and across valleys. As other animals come to populate this new planet, they sense there is something different about the cat. They treat it with reverence, understanding that the cat is wiser and more experienced than they will ever be. 

And so the cat is fated to walk forevermore, to the ends of the universe and back. When you look into its eyes, you can see entire universes inside of them. Those old, immortal eyes. What have they seen? What wonders of the past has this cat experienced? What knowledge does it have, that is lost to the world? Only the cat knows, and only the cat will ever know.

Your bane? Oh, it was that you can never put shoes on the right way ever again. You always have to put the left shoe on your right foot, and the right shoe on your left foot. No exceptions. 

I wish for some pancakes. 

Edited by The Awakened Salad

11 hours ago, Ookla the Wine Shelf said:

I wish for the infinity gauntlet to be laid on my hand, with one allowed snap unaffected by the bane.

Granted, but it comes with a small tag that reads:

Does not come with infinity stones, if you wish to order the infinity stones, please create an inter-dimensional portal, then apply to the avenge's department of inter-dimensional and dangerous device disposal.

your curse is that you will only be able to move for one more action before being permanently paralyzed, which could be a snap, though that wouldn't accomplish anything without the stones.

I wish to be an elantrian with full access to the Dor no matter where I go.

What's my bane...?

11 hours ago, Brightness Warrior said:

I wish that my internal systems wouldn't disagree so much, in the hope that I'm not in semi-constant, often distracting pain/discomfort of some kind.

Granted. You know have no internal systems, so they don't disagree.

I wish to be a fullborn.

43 minutes ago, Mushroom Catalog said:

I wish to have all the allomantic and feruchemical powers.

Granted, but you live in a world entirely without metal, and never discover you powers, until a random hemalurgist spikes aluminum out of you, killing you.

I wish to be a herald of Harmony, blessed with all the metallic arts, an instinctual skill with them like Vin, and infinite allomantic metal,

HoA spoilers:

Spoiler

Like Elend right before he died, only with infinite feruchemical stores as well.

A harmonyblade, revival, like the heralds except that I revive on Scadrial, and immunity to hemalurgy.

Edited by Llstml
clarification