Question 2

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

That would be fun. The Metal might actually join the party, the rest though... :unsure:

Lucentia still seems like a legit option to me, thanks to that one scene back in the cottage.

Someone has to ask it.

Well, Lucentia did prevent Revolution from having a piece of bacon. Eternal rivalries have been started over smaller offences. :P

I can try to make a post here soon.

Well, Lucentia did prevent Revolution from having a piece of bacon. Eternal rivalries have been started over smaller offences. :P

I can try to make a post here soon.

"All of this, why did it have to happen? What did I do to deserve it?"

"You stopped me from eating bacon."

"And you people call me pety!?" :P

We could have Lucentia walk over to Revolution or the other way around... not sure if that would be in character withough Nighthound dragging her there.

Edited by Edgedancer

"All of this, why did it have to happen? What did I do to deserve it?"

"You stopped me from eating bacon."

"And you people call me pety!?" :P

We could have Lucentia walk over to Revolution or the other way around... not sure if that would be in character withough Nighthound dragging her there.

"Petty is keeping a stranger who never did a thing to you from eating a delicious piece of bacon so you could insult everyone in the room." 

"I….I don't have a comeback for that. Your hatred is entirely justified." :P 

Also, because I promised you Risk and shipping...

"All righty then. This is how it's gonna be. Instead of fighting and killing a hundred people apiece, you're going to sit here and play until somebody wins." 

"We know the conditions, Springfield," Altermind said with a roll of his eyes. "I become ruler of Portland when I win." 

Lightwards fired a shot from his pistol, which flew harmlessly through Altermind's illusion. "You mean become ruler of Portland when win." 

CorpseMaker leveled a stare at both of them. Altermind's illusion smirked while Lightwards fell, only to rise a moment later. "You mean when win." 

"Let's see how this shakes itself out," Remington said with a smile. "We got three skilled players here, so it's anybody's game." 

All three glared. "Leave us, vanilla," said CorpseMaker. 

Remington's smile did not fade. He gave a mocking salute. "You got it, chief," he said as he left the room. Left three Epics glaring at one another over the game board. 

"You haven't got a prayer," CorpseMaker said, and began to roll the dice. 

-----------------------------

"So how'd you meet again?" 

Ray smiled up at the Unicyclist, upon whose shoulder she was leaning. "He helped me escape Nighthound. He was amazing." 

The Unicyclist gave a modest, slightly embarrassed, shrug. 

Ray straightened, punching his arm playfully. "Oh, come on! The way you trapped him in that old karate dojo with those high heels and that old ice cream maker? That was incredible.

He pointed to her. 

"Well, yeah, stabbing him was a nice touch on my part. And it was pretty funny when his foot fell off." She cleared her throat. "So, uh, how long have you two been together?" 

Voidgaze smiled at Big Al as he fed her another bite of Sausage McMuffin. "Pretty much since we met," he said. "It's almost like we were meant to be together. Right, Voidy?" 

"Mmhmm," she said happily. "Why, just the other day, we—" 

"Oh! Oh! It's getting good!" 

All heads turned to follow Ray's pointing finger. On the other side of the one-way glass, the fateful game of Risk was heating up. That is to say, CorpseMaker was slapping the air as Altermind's illusions swirled around him, and Lightwards was rising from a pool of blood. 

"How many times has he died already?" 

Al shook his head. "I lost count after ten." 

Lightwards stared wildly, an impish grin spreading across his face, before grabbing a handful of pieces and arranging them on the board. Ray and the Unicyclist stood and pressed their faces against the glass for a better view. 

"What is he doing? Is he…." She laughed. "Calamity." 

Voidgaze stared. "Is he putting those pieces down in the shape of…is that a smiley face?" 

Sure enough, it was. Lightwards stood, pointing triumphantly as CorpseMaker swatted the air and reached for a pistol. "See?" Lightwards cried. "I have made the world in my image! A happy, happy world in the shape of my happy, happy face!" 

His laugh was as unsettling as it was hilarious. 

"Your world sucks!" CorpseMaker shot him in the chest. 

Lightwards rose, grabbed another handful of pieces, and shoved them down the back of CorpseMaker's shirt.

The two happy couples laughed as Lightwards fell from another one of CorpseMaker's stares.

"Best date ever," they agreed.

"Petty is keeping a stranger who never did a thing to you from eating a delicious piece of bacon so you could insult everyone in the room." 

"I….I don't have a comeback for that. Your hatred is entirely justified." :P

Also, because I promised you Risk and shipping...

"All righty then. This is how it's gonna be. Instead of fighting and killing a hundred people apiece, you're going to sit here and play until somebody wins." 

"We know the conditions, Springfield," Altermind said with a roll of his eyes. "I become ruler of Portland when I win." 

Lightwards fired a shot from his pistol, which flew harmlessly through Altermind's illusion. "You mean become ruler of Portland when win." 

CorpseMaker leveled a stare at both of them. Altermind's illusion smirked while Lightwards fell, only to rise a moment later. "You mean when win." 

"Let's see how this shakes itself out," Remington said with a smile. "We got three skilled players here, so it's anybody's game." 

All three glared. "Leave us, vanilla," said CorpseMaker. 

Remington's smile did not fade. He gave a mocking salute. "You got it, chief," he said as he left the room. Left three Epics glaring at one another over the game board. 

"You haven't got a prayer," CorpseMaker said, and began to roll the dice. 

-----------------------------

"So how'd you meet again?" 

Ray smiled up at the Unicyclist, upon whose shoulder she was leaning. "He helped me escape Nighthound. He was amazing." 

The Unicyclist gave a modest, slightly embarrassed, shrug. 

Ray straightened, punching his arm playfully. "Oh, come on! The way you trapped him in that old karate dojo with those high heels and that old ice cream maker? That was incredible.

He pointed to her. 

"Well, yeah, stabbing him was a nice touch on my part. And it was pretty funny when his foot fell off." She cleared her throat. "So, uh, how long have you two been together?" 

Voidgaze smiled at Big Al as he fed her another bite of Sausage McMuffin. "Pretty much since we met," he said. "It's almost like we were meant to be together. Right, Voidy?" 

"Mmhmm," she said happily. "Why, just the other day, we—" 

"Oh! Oh! It's getting good!" 

All heads turned to follow Ray's pointing finger. On the other side of the one-way glass, the fateful game of Risk was heating up. That is to say, CorpseMaker was slapping the air as Altermind's illusions swirled around him, and Lightwards was rising from a pool of blood. 

"How many times has he died already?" 

Al shook his head. "I lost count after ten." 

Lightwards stared wildly, an impish grin spreading across his face, before grabbing a handful of pieces and arranging them on the board. Ray and the Unicyclist stood and pressed their faces against the glass for a better view. 

"What is he doing? Is he…." She laughed. "Calamity." 

Voidgaze stared. "Is he putting those pieces down in the shape of…is that a smiley face?" 

Sure enough, it was. Lightwards stood, pointing triumphantly as CorpseMaker swatted the air and reached for a pistol. "See?" Lightwards cried. "I have made the world in my image! A happy, happy world in the shape of my happy, happy face!" 

His laugh was as unsettling as it was hilarious. 

"Your world sucks!" CorpseMaker shot him in the chest. 

Lightwards rose, grabbed another handful of pieces, and shoved them down the back of CorpseMaker's shirt.

The two happy couples laughed as Lightwards fell from another one of CorpseMaker's stares.

"Best date ever," they agreed.

Colgate_clapping_by_Mihaaaa.gif

I simply could not stop laughing throughout that whole production. :D

Well then, it nears the time where I´m going to sleep again and I decided to leave you with a bit of teasing before going to sleep. I name dropped him and now he´s getting a pony. Behold, The Metal!

post-8809-0-13448900-1411849078_thumb.pn Imagine him headbanging. ;)

You might try to guess his powers until I return on the morrow (at least from my perspective :P). Two more hints for you this is his theme song and he´s a heavy weight, seriously he could probably (I´m not laying my hand in the fire for you creativity, me forgetting something or the nightmares Upgrade could unleash.) wipe the floor with anyone that isn´t Corpsemaker or Lucentia, although in her case it´s only because her powers just happen to counter him almost perfectly. (Not counting some of the op Epics that aren´t part of the active RP like Möbius or Teatime)

Well then, it nears the time where I´m going to sleep again and I decided to leave you with a bit of teasing before going to sleep. I name dropped him and now he´s getting a pony. Behold, The Metal!

attachicon.gifTheMetal.png Imagine him headbanging. ;)

You might try to guess his powers until I return on the morrow (at least from my perspective :P). Two more hints for you this is his theme song and he´s a heavy weight, seriously he could probably (I´m not laying my hand in the fire for you creativity, me forgetting something or the nightmares Upgrade could unleash.) wipe the floor with anyone that isn´t Corpsemaker or Lucentia, although in her case it´s only because her powers just happen to counter him almost perfectly. (Not counting some of the op Epics that aren´t part of the active RP like Möbius or Teatime)

Guesses about his powers? I got nothing. 

But Calamity is that an awesome-looking pony! :D 

Indeed. "What Happened in Oregon" isn't quite as random and rambling as the Question threads are, but we do tend to be a bit wordy. :P

There's more of a method to our madness there, while here it's more of a madness to our method. ;) Only problem is….I don't really like rereading stuff I've written. I don't know why. I know it's not the best habit to get into (too much of that and I'll be like George "I've Forgotten Half my Own Canon" Lucas) but….I don't know. Just a weird quirk, I guess. 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Before Calamity: Kathy was home with her two brothers and parents when robbers broke into their house. The robbers stole what they wanted and shot their parents, killing them. After that point Nathan, being the oldest, cared for his two younger siblings Kathy and Jon.

Jon was barely 18 when Epics started appearing. Life in Portland became crazy as at least one new epic appeared every day to try to gain control from the local government. Nathan and Jon thought it was too crazy in Portland and left for the safety of Newcago. Kathy stayed. Portland may be having Epic problems, but it was her home.

I started reading through and I got to Theory's first Kathy post. My emphasis was added. Is Nathan her brother?!

There's more of a method to our madness there, while here it's more of a madness to our method. ;) Only problem is….I don't really like rereading stuff I've written. I don't know why. I know it's not the best habit to get into (too much of that and I'll be like George "I've Forgotten Half my Own Canon" Lucas) but….I don't know. Just a weird quirk, I guess.

Really? Interesting. I think it's good to reread my writing, but it does feel weird. Especially when I want to critique it and fix it all. Edited by Mailliw73

I've re-read parts of the Oregon thread several times now, but I always skip or skim over my own posts. I tend to feel rather self-conscious about my writing, and the perfectionist in me feels the need to twitch and cringe whenever I read previously-written pieces of work.

I started reading through and I got to Theory's first Kathy post. My emphasis was added. Is Nathan her brother?!

This has been "Epic Plot Twists" with the 17th Shard. Tune in next week to find out the uncanny reveal of Backtrack's son...  

(That is seriously weird, actually. :D)

I've re-read parts of the Oregon thread several times now, but I always skip or skim over my own posts. I tend to feel rather self-conscious about my writing, and the perfectionist in me feels the need to twitch and cringe whenever I read previously-written pieces of work.

This has been "Epic Plot Twists" with the 17th Shard. Tune in next week to find out the uncanny reveal of Backtrack's son...  

I do that too. I very much itch to fix it all.

It is really weird. Even if Theory didn't plan that, which I don't think he did, it's just funny that he chose the name of one of the major characters.

I do that too. I very much itch to fix it all.

It is really weird. Even if Theory didn't plan that, which I don't think he did, it's just funny that he chose the name of one of the major characters.

It not only subverts the One Steve Limit, it subverts it with the name of arguably the central character of the whole RP. :o:D

Name of the Doctor spoilers:

My guess is that Nathan jumps into Funtimes' timestream and gets scattered through time and space. :P

Really? Interesting. I think it's good to reread my writing, but it does feel weird. Especially when I want to critique it and fix it all.

Glad I'm not the only one, then. I always sit there, reading my own stuff, and I'm rewriting it in my head. With some of my posts, I'll go, "Holy cow, did I actually write this?" :P

I asked Theory about that when I first read it, but it was just a coincidence. So we finally decided that they weren't related.

Edit: I don't know if I'd call Nathan the central character. If not for all of you guys, it'd just be him and Funtimes wandering through Portland, turning random objects into kittens and aggravating everyones' allergies. :P

So will the CorpseMaker War turn out to be Funtimes' last-stand-but-not-really in which she rewrites her own time stream while turning into a one Epic army against the combined forces of Lightwards and Altermind?

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Well Altermind won't fight with Lightwards unless it's the only way to kill Corpsemaker.

Edit: Dang. I hoped it had been some amazing foreshadowing. :P

And when he asks for Funtimes' help….

tumblr_mx05n0gQM31r5ko2wo1_250.gif

Not that she isn't a useful ally, as Lightwards pointed out, but Altermind does not seem like the type of ruler who would want Funtimes as a coworker. :P 

I thought it might be fun, but it didn't fit with Theory's headcanon of Nathan leaving just a few years prior, or my headcanon of Nathan having lived in Newcago since before it was Newcago. So we scrapped the idea. 

Glad I'm not the only one, then. I always sit there, reading my own stuff, and I'm rewriting it in my head. With some of my posts, I'll go, "Holy cow, did I actually write this?" :P

I asked Theory about that when I first read it, but it was just a coincidence. So we finally decided that they weren't related.

Edit: I don't know if I'd call Nathan the central character. If not for all of you guys, it'd just be him and Funtimes wandering through Portland, turning random objects into kittens and aggravating everyones' allergies. :P

So will the CorpseMaker War turn out to be Funtimes' last-stand-but-not-really in which she rewrites her own time stream while turning into a one Epic army against the combined forces of Lightwards and Altermind?

Day of the Doctor Funtimes:  (Doctor Who spoilers)

The war in Oregon grows more severe, and soon the entire planet is in jeopardy. Eventually a war-weary Funtimes (who looks inexplicably like John Hurt) transforms the nearest toaster oven into a sentient doomsday device, leaving fifty-foot high letters that read "NO MORE" as a warning to the battling factions.

Meanwhile, TwiLyght!Nathan teams up with Theorymaker!Nathan to go back in time and prevent this dark day from happening, battling a Zygon Facade plot in the process. In the end, Oregon is not destroyed like many had believed, but is sealed into a hidden pocket universe.

Finally Funtimes stands around an art gallery and speaks to "The Author," who may or may not be Brandon Sanderson.

Edited by Kobold King

Day of the Doctor Funtimes:  (Doctor Who spoilers)

The war in Oregon grows more severe, and soon the entire planet is in jeopardy. Eventually a war-weary Funtimes (who looks inexplicably like John Hurt) transforms the nearest toaster oven into a sentient doomsday device, leaving fifty-foot high letters that read "NO MORE" as a warning to the battling factions.

Meanwhile, TwiLyght!Nathan teams up with Theorymaker!Nathan to go back in time and prevent this dark day from happening, battling a Zygon Facade plot in the process. In the end, Oregon is not destroyed like many had believed, but is sealed into a hidden pocket universe.

Finally Funtimes stands around an art gallery and speaks to "The Author," who may or may not be Brandon Sanderson.

It almost makes too much sense.  :blink:  :P

Except….I'm not sure how I feel about seeing John Hurt in a Funtimes-style dress. :P