Anniversary Game 10/Anonymous Game 14: Tyrian Falls Apocalypse

9 minutes ago, Sapphire Elephant said:

guana is giving me general Bad Vibes(TM). I originally gave them village points for contribution and lack of rules knowledge, but their attempts to foster engagement feel disingenuous and performative. I thought there was more than that, but my notes aren't helping :<

Well, is the alternative any better? Boo. At what point did the read change? Also why did you initially ascribe village credit to not understanding roles?

3 hours ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

look, do you want me to or something? why you coming after me, man? i dont understand.

Because I think you’re suspicious and think those questions deserve answers :P Neither of which I’ve received, by the way.

mobile quoting isn’t working so I’m posting and a merge reply to ele is incoming 

18 minutes ago, Sapphire Elephant said:

Scorpion is subtly defensive through much of D1, which I don't like. They're the 3rd person to jump on the Dragonfly train, upgrading it to something more serious, which is suspicious, especially given the scattered vote distribution D1. Their D1 vote on Hyena is also weird -- voting someone for voting on a gut read is "in poor form" itself, I think.

(I might take my vote off them later, but I don't like the Hyena train, so.)

Interesting how polarizing my slot has become. It’s quite refreshing tbh

I don’t know what you think I was defensive about, because literally no one posted anything except a top tier village read on me the entire turn (except for Dragonfly, but I didn’t see that till N1). As for me upgrading them, I don’t think that’s a fair point without knowledge of other trains (aka if the trains were all village it’s meaningless) so that comment looks like tmi from my pov. 

Again. I don’t think gut reads are poor form. My entire point on Hyena was that I don’t think that was their original motive. Go read my Hyena case if you’re still confused.

Do you village read Hyena?

12 minutes ago, Saffron Iguana said:

These sure are wagons! Who're the nonvoters atm?

Vote Tally

Charcoal Hyena (3): Amethyst Scorpion, Azure Mouse, Fuchsia Ostrich
Amethyst Scorpion (2): Mint Heron, Sapphire Elephant
Plum Rhinoceros (2): Saffron Iguana, Salmon Meerkat
Chartreuse Penguin (1): Quartz Zebra
Cream Tuatara (1): Pearl Chameleon
Mint Heron (1): Opal Lion
Onyx Flamingo (1): Amber Vulture
Pearl Chameleon (1): Sage Kangaroo
Salmon Meerkat (1): Oxblood Beagle
No Vote (X): Indigo Weasel, Onyx Flamingo, Chartreuse Penguin, Coral Swan, Charcoal Hyena, Magenta Albatross, Cream Tuatara, Melon Dingo, Plum Rhinoceros, Mauve Crocodile

Spoiler

3ds9a4.jpg

3 minutes ago, Saffron Iguana said:

Also why did you initially ascribe village credit to not understanding roles?

Spoiler

200w.gif?cid=6c09b95265xj95ir8wkd6km6271

5 minutes ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

mobile quoting isn’t working so I’m posting and a merge reply to ele is incoming 

Spoiler

image.png?ex=65ac9884&is=659a2384&hm=104

18 minutes ago, Azure Mouse said:

Vote Tally

Charcoal Hyena (3): Amethyst Scorpion, Azure Mouse, Fuchsia Ostrich
No Vote (X): Indigo Weasel, Onyx Flamingo, Chartreuse Penguin, Coral Swan, Charcoal Hyena, Magenta Albatross, Cream Tuatara, Melon Dingo, Plum Rhinoceros, Mauve Crocodile

Reveal hidden contents

3ds9a4.jpg

Hide contents

200w.gif?cid=6c09b95265xj95ir8wkd6km6271

Hide contents

image.png?ex=65ac9884&is=659a2384&hm=104

nice. free pinglist

@Indigo Weasel@Onyx Flamingo @Chartreuse Penguin , @Coral Swan , @Charcoal Hyena @Magenta Albatross @Cream Tuatara @Melon Dingo  @Plum Rhinoceros @Mauve Crocodile

hi ^^ please place a vote down somewhere! Show us your thoughts, who do you want flipped! your vote is your voice, use it :P. (and all that corny stuff)

mouse, wdym by that response..?

20 minutes ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

Because I think you’re suspicious and think those questions deserve answers :P Neither of which I’ve received, by the way.

Interesting how polarizing my slot has become. It’s quite refreshing tbh

I don’t know what you think I was defensive about, because literally no one posted anything except a top tier village read on me the entire turn (except for Dragonfly, but I didn’t see that till N1). As for me upgrading them, I don’t think that’s a fair point without knowledge of other trains (aka if the trains were all village it’s meaningless) so that comment looks like tmi from my pov. 

Again. I don’t think gut reads are poor form. My entire point on Hyena was that I don’t think that was their original motive. Go read my Hyena case if you’re still confused.

Do you village read Hyena?

the reason is because im too lazy to assign reads to everyone right now. just because they went from elim to village doesnt mean for me that they are immediately top three. my system is different, yes, but its also somewhat simpler.

21 minutes ago, Saffron Iguana said:

i mean fair; admittedly uhm, cant elims get those roles too? i admittedly mostly glossed over reading the smoker role as it is so shrug but also meh. probs enough to not rlly focus the slot today though

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

Edit: i have no clue what to think of any smokers because i honestly just read past that role and hoped i wouldnt have to understand it.

Spoiler

9RCGrzH.png

Edited to add:

@Saffron Iguana

Spoiler

@Sapphire Elephant

Spoiler

9RCGrzH.png

Edited by Azure Mouse

37 minutes ago, Saffron Iguana said:

nice. free pinglist

@Indigo Weasel@Onyx Flamingo @Chartreuse Penguin , @Coral Swan , @Charcoal Hyena @Magenta Albatross @Cream Tuatara @Melon Dingo  @Plum Rhinoceros @Mauve Crocodile

hi ^^ please place a vote down somewhere! Show us your thoughts, who do you want flipped! your vote is your voice, use it :P. (and all that corny stuff)

I vote Azure mouse

Reason: gut

11 hours ago, Saffron Iguana said:

Can you further explain your reads on penguin and swan as elims? And then maybe try and ascribe some polarisation to the bolded names (I think they should be able to be ascribed one looking further)

Not a lot has changed since I previously explained my reads on them! Swan uncharacteristicly voted and Penguin said "from my POV they're V-V" which feels scummy! 

I do need to look at the others on the list... eventually! 

9 hours ago, Amber Vulture said:

Onyx Flamingo

"Now, if anyone wishes for clarification on these points, please just ask me. That is all." Having said her piece, Sasha turned, and left.

I'm actually leaning village on Flamingo now! It feels bold to copy Ostrich's method for getting village read as a gambit, and bold to assume your readlist is worth preserving, so I see them PMing it to their trusts as villagey! 

8 hours ago, Coral Swan said:

I stopped my smoking during D1 since I thought it could help us understand the spread of roles, which I guess it kind of did.

Am I correct in thinking voting doesn't come naturally to you, is a question I ask! I would like to know what compelled you to vote D1! 

5 hours ago, Sage Kangaroo said:

I flipped through my notes searching for the evidence Iguana was asking me. Yes, there it was - 

"It seems like they're a worried villager but the reaction feels fake. The second sentence feels more authentically matched to be 'There better NOT be whole load of Mistborn or Seeker', Spiked mentality but masking it as village-sided. 

"Why do they mention vote manipulation here? Comes off as worried about it even after the wrong vote count was corrected almost 1 night prior. Hints at the fact that they might know something more [something like Spiked distribution being complementary balancing to lots of village vote manipulation] if they're STILL thinking about it." 

I turned away, confident in my answer. Memories stitched themselves together a lot better now and I could speak with more conviction. Thinking about the recent discussion, I realized I really liked Vulture's case on Flamingo. I took out my book and made an immediate note about it. 

Will note that I had forgotten Seekers exist, so anticipating them is slightly elim indicative to me! 

3 hours ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:
  Reveal hidden contents
  • Amber Vulture 
    • 2 (1 V!Read)
    • Falcon - 1 (1 N!Read)
  • Amethyst Scorpion
    • 5 (2 V!Read, 1 NV!Read)
    • Falcon - 2 (1 Quote, 1 V!Read)
  • Azure Mouse
    • 3 (3 Quote)
    • Falcon - 2 (1 Quote, 1 V!Read)
  • Charcoal Hyena
    • 3 (1 Vote)
    • Falcon - 1 (1 NV!Read)
  • Chartreuse Penguin
    • 2 (2 V!Read)
    • Falcon - 1 (1 E!Read)
  • Coral Swan
    • NA
    • Falcon - 1 (1 NV!Read)
  • Cream Tuatara
    • NA
    • Falcon - 2 (1 Quote, 1 NV!Read)
  • Fuchsia Ostrich
    • 1 (1 ??!Read)
    • Falcon - 1 (1 Inactive!Read)
  • Indigo Weasel
    • NA
    • Falcon - 1 (1 NE!Read)
  • Magenta Albatross
    • 3 (1 Vote)
    • Falcon - 2 (1 Quote, 1 E!Read)
  • Mauve Crocodile
    • NA
  • Melon Dingo
    • NA
  • Mint Heron
    • NA
    • Falcon - 1 (1 NV!Read)
  • Onyx Flamingo
    • Falcon - 1 (1 N!Read)
  • Opal Lion
    • NA
    • Falcon - 1 (1 NV!Read)
  • Oxblood Beagle
    • NA
    • Falcon - 1 (1 N!Read)
  • Pearl Chameleon
    • 7 (1 Quote, 3 V!Read, 1 ??!Read)
    • Falcon - 1 (1 V!Read)
  • Plum Rhinoceros
    • NA
    • Falcon - 2 (1 Quote, 1 N!Read)
  • Quartz Zebra
    • NA
    • Falcon - 1 (1 N!Read)
  • Saffron Iguana
    • 14 (2 Quote, 1 ??!Read, 1 NE!Read, 4 E!Read, 1 Vote)
    • Falcon - 3 (1 Quote, 1 E!Read)
  • Sage Kangaroo
    • NA
  • Salmon Meerkat
    • 7 (4 Quote, 1 Vote, 2 NV!Read, 1 N!Read)
    • Falcon - 8 (5 Quote, 1 Vote, 1 N!Read)
  • Sapphire Elephant
    • NA
    • Falcon - 2 (1 Quote, 1 NV!Read)

So apparently the way I made that, I can't write above it, so we'll work with this instead. Interactions with Falcon and vice versa. Falcon made an all-inclusive reads list at one point, so no one has no interactions, but there's a lot of players with no interactions with Falcon starting from themselves: Coral Swan, Cream Tuatara, Indigo Weasel, Mauve Crocodile, Melon Dingo, Mint Heron, Opal Lion, Oxblood Beagle, Plum Rhinoceros, Quartz Zebra, Sage Kangaroo, and Sapphire Elephant. About half the total players.

Most of those aren't surprising, but the italic ones kind of are. Tuatara because they had multiple PMs, Beagle because they've posted more in depth than the others, and Plum Rhinoceros because they were early active + had multiple Falcon-started interactions. 

Anything else surprising in here? Saffron Iguana reinforced their E!Read of Falcon an odd amount, but it seems consistent with how they've been playing and how much they've been posting. Similar case with Salmon Meerkat, though Meerkat's opinions changed over time a bit more. Pearl Chameleon is notable for the changing reads, but that's also been consistent with their own style, somewhat. And Azure Mouse honestly has less interactions than I'd expect.

Doesn't leave much to work with, but if anyone with less of a sieve-brain wants to look at it, it's there. And it leaves Hyena with more of a reason for the kill.

A lot of posts while I was making this so I'll just submit and go from there.

Saffron calling Falcon evil a lot shortly before they were NKed is more village indicative than odd, unless you suspect they tried to vote them off then turned to night killing them when they realized that wouldn't work! 

Maybe it's because this style of analysis isn't new school SE meta, but I don't see it as being very productive! My assumption is that a fear kill at this stage would be based on reputation and position rather than the threat they pose to individual elim team members! 

1 hour ago, Saffron Iguana said:

nice. free pinglist

I genuinely appreciate the role you're playing, but it is possible to over-do the pinging! If I'm pinged, I tend to skip to those posts, which stresses me out before I get the chance to read the thread chronologically and actually develop ideas to share!

Do you have a better approach? 

I'll get back to on that! 

Sounds like you're deflecting from the work you're supposed to be doing. Didn't you promise to read Vulture and Hyena? 

It's easier for me if we kill the person I've already identified as evil and come back to those later! 

3 minutes ago, Quartz Zebra said:

I genuinely appreciate the role you're playing, but it is possible to over-do the pinging! If I'm pinged, I tend to skip to those posts, which stresses me out before I get the chance to read the thread chronologically and actually develop ideas to share!

Sorry about that! I've been taught to ping to get what I want from people- I can def lay off a bit tho; tho idt i pinged you there? So mildly unsure why you bring that up in that case but also ill note that and calm down a bit.

4 minutes ago, Saffron Iguana said:

Sorry about that! I've been taught to ping to get what I want from people- I can def lay off a bit tho; tho idt i pinged you there? So mildly unsure why you bring that up in that case but also ill note that and calm down a bit.

Zee is prone to secondary stress. 

I'm fine, it's fine! 

1 hour ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

the reason is because im too lazy to assign reads to everyone right now. just because they went from elim to village doesnt mean for me that they are immediately top three. my system is different, yes, but its also somewhat simpler.

Okay. But surely you understand why it looks like you put Vulture in your top three. I mean, you put “most everyone else” into null, so who is your top three? If you know your top three why not just put them all in the village tier?

Also, why do you elim read Rhino? You never clarified that.

14 minutes ago, Quartz Zebra said:

Maybe it's because this style of analysis isn't new school SE meta, but I don't see it as being very productive! My assumption is that a fear kill at this stage would be based on reputation and position rather than the threat they pose to individual elim team members! 

Spoiler

thkf2r7e2wp01.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

15 minutes ago, Quartz Zebra said:

I'm actually leaning village on Flamingo now! It feels bold to copy Ostrich's method for getting village read as a gambit, and bold to assume your readlist is worth preserving, so I see them PMing it to their trusts as villagey! 

@Onyx Flamingo

Spoiler

9RCGrzH.png

Spoiler

image.png?ex=65acb913&is=659a4413&hm=4ea

4 hours ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:
  Reveal hidden contents
  • Amber Vulture 
    • 2 (1 V!Read)
    • Falcon - 1 (1 N!Read)
  • Amethyst Scorpion
    • 5 (2 V!Read, 1 NV!Read)
    • Falcon - 2 (1 Quote, 1 V!Read)
  • Azure Mouse
    • 3 (3 Quote)
    • Falcon - 2 (1 Quote, 1 V!Read)
  • Charcoal Hyena
    • 3 (1 Vote)
    • Falcon - 1 (1 NV!Read)
  • Chartreuse Penguin
    • 2 (2 V!Read)
    • Falcon - 1 (1 E!Read)
  • Coral Swan
    • NA
    • Falcon - 1 (1 NV!Read)
  • Cream Tuatara
    • NA
    • Falcon - 2 (1 Quote, 1 NV!Read)
  • Fuchsia Ostrich
    • 1 (1 ??!Read)
  • Indigo Weasel
    • NA
    • Falcon - 1 (1 NE!Read)
  • Magenta Albatross
    • 3 (1 Vote)
    • Falcon - 2 (1 Quote, 1 E!Read)
  • Mauve Crocodile
    • NA
  • Melon Dingo
    • NA
  • Mint Heron
    • NA
    • Falcon - 1 (1 NV!Read)
  • Onyx Flamingo
    • Falcon - 1 (1 N!Read)
  • Opal Lion
    • NA
    • Falcon - 1 (1 NV!Read)
  • Oxblood Beagle
    • NA
    • Falcon - 1 (1 N!Read)
  • Pearl Chameleon
    • 7 (1 Quote, 3 V!Read, 1 ??!Read)
    • Falcon - 1 (1 V!Read)
  • Plum Rhinoceros
    • NA
    • Falcon - 2 (1 Quote, 1 N!Read)
  • Quartz Zebra
    • NA
    • Falcon - 1 (1 N!Read)
  • Saffron Iguana
    • 14 (2 Quote, 1 ??!Read, 1 NE!Read, 4 E!Read, 1 Vote)
    • Falcon - 3 (1 Quote, 1 E!Read)
  • Sage Kangaroo
    • NA
  • Salmon Meerkat
    • 7 (4 Quote, 1 Vote, 2 NV!Read, 1 N!Read)
    • Falcon - 8 (5 Quote, 1 Vote, 1 N!Read)
  • Sapphire Elephant
    • NA
    • Falcon - 2 (1 Quote, 1 NV!Read)

So apparently the way I made that, I can't write above it, so we'll work with this instead. Interactions with Falcon and vice versa. Falcon made an all-inclusive reads list at one point, so no one has no interactions, but there's a lot of players with no interactions with Falcon starting from themselves: Coral Swan, Cream Tuatara, Indigo Weasel, Mauve Crocodile, Melon Dingo, Mint Heron, Opal Lion, Oxblood Beagle, Plum Rhinoceros, Quartz Zebra, Sage Kangaroo, and Sapphire Elephant. About half the total players.

Most of those aren't surprising, but the italic ones kind of are. Tuatara because they had multiple PMs, Beagle because they've posted more in depth than the others, and Plum Rhinoceros because they were early active + had multiple Falcon-started interactions. 

Anything else surprising in here? Saffron Iguana reinforced their E!Read of Falcon an odd amount, but it seems consistent with how they've been playing and how much they've been posting. Similar case with Salmon Meerkat, though Meerkat's opinions changed over time a bit more. Pearl Chameleon is notable for the changing reads, but that's also been consistent with their own style, somewhat. And Azure Mouse honestly has less interactions than I'd expect.

Doesn't leave much to work with, but if anyone with less of a sieve-brain wants to look at it, it's there. And it leaves Hyena with more of a reason for the kill.

A lot of posts while I was making this so I'll just submit and go from there.

Got a bit of an update on this.

In my opinion, I don't think anyone would pick Falcon to kill without interacting with them. That does exclude most of the inactives, but as mentioned, a few others like Beagle. About half the players left.

• Amber Vulture, Amethyst Scorpion, Azure Mouse, Charcoal Hyena, Chartreuse Penguin, Fuchsia Ostrich, Magenta Albatross, Onyx Flamingo, Pearl Chameleon, Saffron Iguana, Salmon Meerkat

Saffron Iguana I'm excluding because, now that I look again, they're the only one that actually E!Read Falcon. Onyx and Ostrich also only had the slightest of interactions.

• Amber Vulture, Amethyst Scorpion, Azure Mouse, Charcoal Hyena, Chartreuse Penguin, Magenta Albatross, Pearl Chameleon, Salmon Meerkat

Similarly, I don't think players who Falcon directly E!Read would take out Falcon. Technically that includes me, but I'll leave me in for the moment. Takes out Albatross, though.

• Amber Vulture, Amethyst Scorpion, Azure Mouse, Charcoal Hyena, Chartreuse Penguin, Pearl Chameleon, Salmon Meerkat

And I think from here, things are possible. I do think there's an argument that I wouldn't go for someone voting on me, but I don't think I'm the person to really make it. Also, Azure Mouse - if anyone has a good argument for why Mouse would kill Falcon first, I'd love to hear it. Not Mouse's style.

• Amber Vulture, Amethyst Scorpion, Charcoal Hyena, Pearl Chameleon, Salmon Meerkat

Note that I V!Read Scorpion and Chameleon (and E!Read a few excludes like Flamingo), but they fit the criteria.

... that kind of ends up being the current PoE, which might just be a symptom of trying to do player analysis with anon accounts. But it's something.

Hey everyone, sorry for checking in so late. Been a busy weekend, and then I spent my SE time trying to look at sources of unlimited power (aka Tallybots). So potentially useful, but certainly not immediately useful for here. 

Going back and looking at the end of D1, not super keen on some of the last-minute votes getting thrown around.

Using Mouse's posted vote tally from here just over 3 hours prior to the end of cycle:

Charcoal Hyena (3): Amethyst Scorpion, Onyx Flamingo, Oxblood Beagle
Ivory Dragonfly (3): Amber Vulture, Chartreuse Penguin, Emerald Falcon
Coral Swan (2): Sage Kangaroo, Salmon Meerkat
Sapphire Elephant (2): Ivory Dragonfly, Pearl Chameleon

Amethyst Scorpion (1): Sapphire Elephant
Azure Mouse (1): Opal Lion
Chartreuse Penguin (1): Azure Mouse
Mint Heron (1): Saffron Iguana
Oxblood Beagle (1): Mint Heron
Saffron Iguana (1): Melon Dingo
Salmon Meerkat (1): Coral Swan
Melon Dingo (1): Charcoal Hyena

Iguana pokes Tuatara instead of Heron, gets a retaliatory vote from Tuatara. I (Magenta Albatross) post my reads of the 4 trains, introducing Flamingo into the mix at 2 hours to go. Chameleon briefly puts Dragonfly in the lead for lurking, coming off of Elephant. Dragonfly posts their large but partial reads list, so Chameleon returns to Elephant. Falcon moves to Penguin from Dragonfly at around an hour to go, bringing Penguin into contention, followed shortly after by Chameleon, removing Elephant from the running, and tying Penguin up for first with Hyena.

Charcoal Hyena (3): Amethyst Scorpion, Onyx Flamingo, Oxblood Beagle
Chartreuse Penguin (3): Azure Mouse, Emerald Falcon, Pearl Chameleon
Ivory Dragonfly (2): Amber Vulture, Chartreuse Penguin
Saffron Iguana (2): Cream Tuatara, Melon Dingo
Onyx Flamingo (1): Magenta Albatross

Then with 22 minutes to go, Flamingo tests the waters by switching to Penguin, so Penguin is at 4 votes while the others have at most 2. Three minutes later, Chameleon jumps to Flamingo, followed two minutes later by Iguana (leaving 17 minutes on the clock)

Chartreuse Penguin (3): Azure Mouse, Emerald Falcon, Onyx Flamingo
Onyx Flamingo (3): Magenta Albatross, Pearl Chameleon, Saffron Iguana
Charcoal Hyena (2): Amethyst Scorpion, Oxblood Beagle
Ivory Dragonfly (2): Amber Vulture, Chartreuse Penguin
Saffron Iguana (2): Cream Tuatara, Melon Dingo

Then 12 minutes later, Iguana returns to their Tuatara vote, leaving Penguin in the lead, five minutes prior to the end of cycle. The only reason that Penguin survives the day is that Ostrich throws out a Dragonfly just before the buzzer to tie things, with Penguin being favoured by the dice when the tied vote was resolved by the GMs. 

Looking at that, I feel like it's more likely than not that if Flamingo is Spiked, it's only if they're spiked with Hyena or maybe Dragonfly, with their Penguin vote trying to shake things up to give their Spiked buddy a better shot at surviving the execution. But idk, I'm not sure I'm feeling that, and so otherwise Flamingo's Penguin vote makes me feel more villagery on them. 

I guess then I'd want to know what the deal with Iguana and Ostrich's votes were. Iguana's move kills Penguin without actually taking part in killing them. And then Ostrich seems like they're in a hurry, yet also have paid enough attention to know that Hyena, Flamingo, and Dragonfly are possible trains to jump join to give a chance at saving Penguin, though Swan isn't mentioned I suppose, nor Iguana

So from that I'd be wondering about an Ostrich / Penguin E/E, not that risking outing two elims is necessarily that much better than getting an elim executed D1. Otherwise Iguana is Spiked in a world where Penguin, and probably Hyena, and maybe Flamingo are village, and they felt indifferent about the results. 

Now to read thread properly to try and process what's been happening this cycle and see if there's any answers to my above questions.

Edited by Magenta Albatross
Changed colored text to highlights so as to not confuse Tallybot

Vote Tally

Charcoal Hyena (4): Amethyst Scorpion, Azure Mouse, Chartreuse Penguin, Fuchsia Ostrich

Azure Mouse (1): Mauve Crocodile

Spoiler

8bjepq.jpg

Spoiler

8bjerq.jpg

Chartreuse Penguin (3): Azure Mouse, Emerald Falcon, Onyx Flamingo
Ivory Dragonfly (3): Amber Vulture, Chartreuse Penguin, Fuchsia Ostrich
Charcoal Hyena (2): Amethyst Scorpion, Oxblood Beagle
Onyx Flamingo (2): Magenta Albatross, Pearl Chameleon
Saffron Iguana (2): Cream Tuatara, Melon Dingo

Amethyst Scorpion (1): Sapphire Elephant
Cream Tuatara (1): Saffron Iguana
Salmon Meerkat (0): Coral Swan
Sapphire Elephant (1): Ivory Dragonfly
No Vote (3): Indigo Weasel, Quartz Zebra, Plum Rhinoceros, Mauve Crocodile

Spoiler

2Q.png?ex=65accacd&is=659a55cd&hm=aa9899

Spoiler

image.png?ex=65accbe7&is=659a56e7&hm=cde

Spoiler

image.png?ex=65accdaa&is=659a58aa&hm=f90

Chartreuse Penguin (3): Azure MouseEmerald FalconOnyx Flamingo

Spoiler

image.png?ex=65acce88&is=659a5988&hm=3c3

Spoiler

image.png?ex=65acd07e&is=659a5b7e&hm=6ed

Spoiler

image.png?ex=65acd10a&is=659a5c0a&hm=fed

Spoiler

image.png?ex=65acd27e&is=659a5d7e&hm=82b

Spoiler

image.png?ex=65acd37d&is=659a5e7d&hm=4f1

Spoiler

fcfebeaed782a558c6d9d2d3bec17a7a.gif

15 hours ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

the follow vote i found to be very village because it seems that they were more or less just following along, likely because of perhaps a tiredness of playing and just wanted to put a vote down, which i doubt an elim would do.

This is a very strange perspective to me, probably because I don't exactly follow. I was going to agree with Swan that your strong reaction to Vulture's vote is perhaps more entitled than an elim would want to be seen as, and I was about to unvote you until I saw this:

10 hours ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

Vulture, i was just testing you a bit. im gonna say you passed.

So was this post feigned? What was the test exactly?

4 hours ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

I vote Azure mouse

Reason: gut

Tempted to call this a disconnected villager. Light read.

50 minutes ago, Magenta Albatross said:
Spoiler

Hey everyone, sorry for checking in so late. Been a busy weekend, and then I spent my SE time trying to look at sources of unlimited power (aka Tallybots). So potentially useful, but certainly not immediately useful for here. 

Going back and looking at the end of D1, not super keen on some of the last-minute votes getting thrown around.

Using Mouse's posted vote tally from here just over 3 hours prior to the end of cycle:

Iguana pokes Tuatara instead of Heron, gets a retaliatory vote from Tuatara. I (Magenta Albatross) post my reads of the 4 trains, introducing Flamingo into the mix at 2 hours to go. Chameleon briefly puts Dragonfly in the lead for lurking, coming off of Elephant. Dragonfly posts their large but partial reads list, so Chameleon returns to Elephant. Falcon moves to Penguin from Dragonfly at around an hour to go, bringing Penguin into contention, followed shortly after by Chameleon, removing Elephant from the running, and tying Penguin up for first with Hyena.

Then with 22 minutes to go, Flamingo tests the waters by switching to Penguin, so Penguin is at 4 votes while the others have at most 2. Three minutes later, Chameleon jumps to Flamingo, followed two minutes later by Iguana (leaving 17 minutes on the clock)

Then 12 minutes later, Iguana returns to their Tuatara vote, leaving Penguin in the lead, five minutes prior to the end of cycle. The only reason that Penguin survives the day is that Ostrich throws out a Dragonfly just before the buzzer to tie things, with Penguin being favoured by the dice when the tied vote was resolved by the GMs. 

Looking at that, I feel like it's more likely than not that if Flamingo is Spiked, it's only if they're spiked with Hyena or maybe Dragonfly, with their Penguin vote trying to shake things up to give their Spiked buddy a better shot at surviving the execution. But idk, I'm not sure I'm feeling that, and so otherwise Flamingo's Penguin vote makes me feel more villagery on them. 

I guess then I'd want to know what the deal with Iguana and Ostrich's votes were. Iguana's move kills Penguin without actually taking part in killing them. And then Ostrich seems like they're in a hurry, yet also have paid enough attention to know that Hyena, Flamingo, and Dragonfly are possible trains to jump join to give a chance at saving Penguin, though Swan isn't mentioned I suppose, nor Iguana

So from that I'd be wondering about an Ostrich / Penguin E/E, not that risking outing two elims is necessarily that much better than getting an elim executed D1. Otherwise Iguana is Spiked in a world where Penguin, and probably Hyena, and maybe Flamingo are village, and they felt indifferent about the results. 

Now to read thread properly to try and process what's been happening this cycle and see if there's any answers to my above questions.

... I know who you are now I think. 😛 

Sorry, guys, working with limited time,  which is even more limited after I accidentally fell asleep last night >>

So my elim reads last cycle were Roo, Hyena, Tuatara, and Meerkat in roughly that order and while the order has changed…my reads maybe haven’t? Except every time someone Village reads Roo my eye twitches, and every time he posts I want to nudge him more village but then find something weird in there that confirms my initial read. Clearly not a viable wagon rn though. I’ll be around at EoD today (hopefully) with a bit more time and might consolidate against Hyena but for now I’ll promote Salmon Meerkat to an alternative wagon, since nobody is keen to actually vote him despite talking him around in circles. Don’t like the Scorp wagon, who was one of my stronger v!reads even before getting a better grip on him this cycle. 

Edited by Onyx Flamingo

On 1/6/2024 at 4:22 PM, Amethyst Scorpion said:

I'm legitimately tempted to vote Chameleon purely because they opened with three FUD falsehoods and a performative statement, but nah.

I'm not sure I'm understanding what this is saying?

14 hours ago, Pearl Chameleon said:
  Hide contents

Albatross: Gamesolving, but do wish there could be more activity on their part.

Same >>

It took unexpectedly long time to get back through thread, and I'm not sure I answered any of my questions. I think my general vibe as less suspicious of Ostrich now, and for all Iguana's been posting a lot, I'm not sure that any of that made much of an impression.

Do feel like I need to look at Meerkat more, but I need a break, so we'll dig further there later.

I’ve talked myself into v!Flamingo, I think. Meaning I need to examine the Flam push at some point.

5 hours ago, Magenta Albatross said:

I'm not sure I'm understanding what this is saying?

I hear this has been cleared up but I’ll explain for the benefit of everyone else.

Cham opened this turn with saying “No Coinshot”, “Lots of vote manip”, “Things are looking lopsided”, and “Rip Falcon”.

There’s no evidence there’s no Coinshot. Multiple other things could have happened. There was only one vote manipped, and even though a lot of manip isn’t inherently bad Cham is framing it like it is. And I don’t even know where Cham is saying things are looking lopsided from a single misexe comes from.

And then the rip Falcon feels like an afterthought that’s hollow and obligatory. 

8 hours ago, Oxblood Beagle said:

This is a very strange perspective to me, probably because I don't exactly follow. I was going to agree with Swan that your strong reaction to Vulture's vote is perhaps more entitled than an elim would want to be seen as, and I was about to unvote you until I saw this:

So was this post feigned? What was the test exactly?

Tempted to call this a disconnected villager. Light read.

... I know who you are now I think. 😛 

partly, yes. but those were my actual thoughts, and the test was to see how vulture would react to an entitled me. 

Sasha flipped through her notebook. It had come to her attention, in a private conversation, that M (Onyx Flamingo) would be busy over the next few days. Prodding someone who could not fully respond was not constructive, so she would change her vote to someone who was more suspicious. Additionally, Zee (Quartz Zebra) and Maihler (Azure Mouse) had made some good points regarding M. She would have to consider those when she had more time. Who then?

"Sorry guys, working with limited time, which is even more limited after I accidentally fell asleep last night..." Sasha looked up to see M, speaking before the crowd. 

So they did manage to to say something, even with outside sources of pressure, she thought, pleased. Excellent. Sasha greatly appreciated the effort, and she agreed with their point about the Bartleby (Amethyst Scorpion) train. The rest of M's statement would require more analysis, but, for now at least, Sasha was satisfied.

Who to vote then? Sasha thought. She had somewhat avoided this responsibility after the disaster that had occured last time. Still, she had to try, even if failing meant the death of more innocent people.

Charcoal Hyena has consistently been the target of well-reasoned, negative analysis. Until I see further development on that front, I feel comfortable with that push. I just hope I am not wrong again...

Onyx Flamingo Charcoal Hyena