Anniversary Game 10/Anonymous Game 14: Tyrian Falls Apocalypse

1 hour ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

Ughhhh no Coinshot whhhyyyyy

There better be either a whole load of mistborn, or a seeker.

Let's not jump to conclusions. Perhaps they abstained from killing out of caution or fear of revealing themselves. Perhaps they are inactive. Perhaps they were roleblocked. There are many explanations.

1 hour ago, Quartz Zebra said:

Ostrich dumped their readlist in a PM with me at EOD, despite having me as a null read! I contend that they were trying to recreate the (pocketing) effect they had on Mouse when they did it D1!

You're thinking of Flamingo. It's a group PM with me (and Dragonfly) also in it, so I wouldn't ascribe an e!read to that for you specifically.

My take on the kill is that the elims picked someone who was consensus v and unlikely to be protected, relatively speaking. I don't think we need to overthink their strategy. Most of the time elim kills don't have that much strategy to begin with.

Hyena

I'm legitimately tempted to vote Chameleon purely because they opened with three FUD falsehoods and a performative statement, but nah.

Edit:

Just now, Quartz Zebra said:

My theory is a coinshot shooting Falcon at the same time they are NKed simply results in the writeup we received! 

It's a shame there's no way of finding out how that situation would be represented. 

Traditionally we'd also see coins flying through the mist in the writeup, which we don't here. Plus, in AG8 when Octo was double-tapped, it was mentioned in the tags, of which there are none here.

10 minutes ago, Quartz Zebra said:

My theory is a coinshot shooting Falcon at the same time they are NKed simply results in the writeup we received! 

It's a shame there's no way of finding out how that situation would be represented. 

I mean, I don't know of a Tyrian precedent, but there's definitely precedent for multi-kills being labeled as such.

9 minutes ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

Let's not jump to conclusions. Perhaps they abstained from killing out of caution or fear of revealing themselves. Perhaps they are inactive. Perhaps they were roleblocked. There are many explanations.

Agree with this, except, uh... Tyrian Falls has gone a long way but not quite to having Leechers yet.

Though I think this would indicate not to lean on a V!Coinshot. (Shouldn't do that anyway, but you know, Village see Village do.)

32 minutes ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

You're thinking of Flamingo. It's a group PM with me (and Dragonfly) also in it, so I wouldn't ascribe an e!read to that for you specifically.

*squints*

I have trouble telling birds apart! Ostrich

Forgot to mention, good vibes from Chameleon for having the confidence to ask me to read them N1! 

Penguin 

21 minutes ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

I mean, I don't know of a Tyrian precedent, but there's definitely precedent for multi-kills being labeled as such.

The way I'd do it with an OOA where kills happen at the same time is to flip a coin for which would be expressed! 

You should continue this conversation, it's very productive. 

Bleh! 

Salmon Meerkat why did you v-read Falcon for…following a vote? 

Very light v-read on Zebra for villagery clumsiness 😛 

All I recall from Albatross is them summarizing the thread happenings, so I wouldn’t hate pressure there. Don’t hate Hyena pressure either, but the day is young. 

@Amber Vulture why did you switch to OOC posts right after I pointed out RP-centric playstyles are hard to v-read generally? Was that a conscious decision 😛 

7 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Emerald Falcon has been killed by the Spiked! They were a Villager!

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952rtr66vd09vfqik2z84

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSo20Q6gfggzzecm_lKi4v

Spoiler

image.png?ex=65abade1&is=659938e1&hm=a38

4 hours ago, Quartz Zebra said:

The way I'd do it with an OOA where kills happen at the same time is to flip a coin for which would be expressed! 

You should continue this conversation, it's very productive. 

Welcome to Anniversary Game 10 and another year of SE! @Elandera and myself will be the GMs, and @Elbereth will be the IM.

Spoiler

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9522pj4jy3w1m9q30qqfap

5 hours ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

Spoiler

thkf2r7e2wp01.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

The next five seconds passed in a blur. A bulky shadow stepped out of the alleyway behind the priest, who was still distracted. Producing a club from beneath a cloak, he swung, connecting solidly with his back. A nasty cracking sound was heard. The priest went flying, body soaring into the street. Just then, a shower of coins whistled down the alleyway, tearing the paralyzed frame to shreds. Henry panicked. Ducking down a side street, he lay as still as possible in the shadows, hoping the pair of murderers passed him by in the night. He had to get out of this town. It was cursed, and soon, he would be too.

Scarlet Octopus was a Village Tineye

Spoiler

FGuQ3eQXEAUeJb9.jpg

Hyena

I just missed the night, and I'm sorry I wasn't here at all. I don't even have an excuse.

Currently going back through and reading all of Falcons posts and interactions and taking notes - as well as reading through the night to see what happened there. Won't have much commentary until I get through that. 

Once I've finished that I'll be posting a reads list and hopefully going through my reasoning for all of them. 

Ok people are pinging me. Im still working on my mega post (fell asleep last night) currently on page 5 of day 1.

But ig I can post my thoughts thus far to show that I actually am working on the post. (I won't get to responding to people until I get to that point in my analysis of the thread. If your message is urgent, feel free to PM me :).)

so here goes with what I have this far (first four pages of day 1)

The votes in order:

Spoiler

Elephant Votes Vulture

Lion Votes Rhino

Meerkat votes Falcon

Zebra Votes Elephant

Mouse Votes Meerkat

Lion Switches vote from Rhino to Mouse

Elephant Switches vote from Vulture to Meerkat

Falcon votes Meerkat

Dragonfly votes Scorpion

Scorpion votes mouse

Scorpion Switches vote from Mouse to Rhino

Vulture Votes Chameleon 

Penguin Votes Weasel

Beagle votes Rhino

Albatross votes Falcon

Mouse Votes Weasel 

Heyna Votes Falcon

Scorpion Votes Hyena

Elephant Votes Scoprion

Beagle unvotes Rhino

Chameleon votes dragonfly

Iguana votes Chameleon 

Vulture unvotes Chameleon

Iguana Votes Falcon

Vote count at this point (end of page 4)

Spoiler

Mouse (1): Lion

Falcon (4): Meerkat, Albatross, Hyena, Iguana

Elephant (1): Zebra

Meerkat (1): Falcon

Scorpion (2): Dragonfly, Elephant

Weasel (2): Penguin, Mouse

Hyena (1): Scorpion

Dragonfly (1): Chameleon

Now my reads thus far. Note: this is only till page 4 of day 1, so reads may change as I continue my analysis.

+ means leaning slight vil

- means leaving slight elim

Elim+ or vil- means unsure

Spoiler

Albatross: Null

1. Greetings

Chameleon: Null+

1. Greetings

2. Reads list (yay). Vil: scorp, falcon. N+: mouse, falcon. N: meerkat Hyena. N-: rhino, dragonfly, elephant.

3. Votes dragonfly. Reads scorpion as vil

4. Asks for vc.

Dingo: Null

1. RP

Mouse: Kas+ (Vil) (memes are hard to understand, so thoughts are based on what I believe mouse is claiming)

1. Meme

2. Thinks Swan is village for vote. Acknowledges but doesn’t defend falcon’s vote on himself.

3. Votes meerkat.

4. NAI (possible Falcon Mouse e-e? (don’t feel super strong about this))

5. Doesn’t care about Lion’s vote on himself.

6. Refutes Lion #5 post

7. NAI

8. Claims to actually not care about lion vote on himself. Points out that lion is putting more pressure on him than meerkat who claimed village for no reason. (possible lion mouse distancing?)

9. Telling rhino that memes are totally fine

10. Stuff that makes me think he's vil.

11. Votes Weasel along with Penguin

12. Defending memery

13. Realizes that meerkats cosmetic role was a loyalist. Unvotes meerkat (though vote was on weasel at the time xD)

14. Reads: bread: beagle, swan, tuatara, albatross, falcon, lion, cham, zebra(?) Not bread: everyone else.

15. MemeAI

Rhinoceros: Null+

1. Lighthearted commented about killing people

2. Doesn’t want memes

3. NAI

4. Talky stuff that vibes vil to me

5. Vil reads beagle and mouse. Unsure about meerkat.

Elephant: Null

1. Votes Vulture.

2. NAI

3. Votes meerkat. Only a poke.

4. NAI reply to lion post #5

5. Unvotes vulture for showing up (though his vote was on meerkat…) Votes scorpion for voting Hyena for voting for memery (xD)

6. Defends vote

Swan: Null- 

1. Claims Smoker (I feel like the smoker claim could be an elim ploy to look less useful and not bring attention).

2. RP

Lion: Null-

1. Says normally wouldn’t vote Rhino for killing people comment. Proceeds to vote Rhino (wouldn’t be surprised of Lion Rhino e-e because of this)

2. Witty remark about PMs.

3. NAI

4. Changes vote to Mouse

5. Does not believe that Mouse is teamed with falcon or meerkat.

6. NAI

7. Notes that mouse said they didn’t care about the vote on themselves, but appears to actually care, so vote will stay.

8. Clears up reasoning for vote.

Meerkat: Null+ (aeoryi?)

1. NAI

2. Again claims loyalty to village and votes Falcon for meme. (feels like slightly new/confused vil)

3. Unsure what PM’s are

4. NAI

5. NAI

6. xD

7. Doesn't know 

8. NAI

9. NAI

Falcon: Null- (looks like I tend to put NAI on most of their memes…)

1. Star wars meme

2. Comment about meerkats obv village comment

3. NAI

4. NAI

5. Posts vote count. Is incorrect (has rhino as voting on meerkat when rhino hadn’t placed a vote). Votes meerkat.

6. NAI (memes are hard to understand)

7. NAI

8. NAI

9. Vote count (+1 for correctness)

10. MemeAI

Zebra: Null+

1. RP. Votes elephant.

Dragonfly: Null+

1. Votes scorpion (poke I assume)

Scorpion: Elim

1. Votes Mouse because they don’t like their vote (meerkat). Agrees with lion, less so with rhino.

2. Changes vote to rhino as they “realized they don’t actually agree with Lion anymore”. Claims they will unvote in the morning. (This feels either really elimy, or like someone who got pocketed by an elim who defended mouse).

3. Claims that beagle is surely vil for saying elims are cowards if they nk him. (Sigh) vil read on lion, feels good about penguin. Votes Hyena for voting based on memery.

4. Defends vote.

5. Thinks beagle is village. 

6. Mostly agrees with Chameleons reads list. (To me this feels slightly elim to not just post your reads, even if they are similar or the same. Idk)

7. Talkity talkity talk

Penguin: Null

1. RP

2. Defends memory. Votes Weasel.

Vulture: Null+

1. RP

2. Votes Chameleon

3. Unvotes chameleon for trying to organize village (could be vulture chameleon e-e as cham had just received a vote putting him one vote away from leading train)

Tuatara: Null

1. A bunch of lingo. I have no idea what they're saying xD

Beagle: Elim

1. Votes Rhino

2. Claims their rhino vote wasn't a vote, but a stab.

3. Removes vote from rhino, tho still feels slightly elim about them. (prob not scorp beagle e-e, but if one is vil, other is prob e?) (Possible beagle lion e-e) (ig also possible rhino beagle e-e with slight distancing there)

Albatross: Null-

1. Votes Falcon, asking about their meerkat vote. (Could be an albatross meerkat e-e)

Flamingo: Null

1. RP

Hyena: Null

1. Votes Falcon, claims for memery. (causes Falcon to be leading train)

2. Claims vote was merely gut.

Crocodile: Null-

1. NAI stuff about enemies and friends

Weasel: Null

1. Posts to come in future.

Iguana: Elim+

1. Greetings

2. Can't spell iguana

3. Votes Chameleon for dragonfly vote. (Slight iguana dragonfly e-e chance?)

4. Unvotes chameleon. Reads list. Vil: mouse/lion/scorp/albatross/beagle/hyena. Elim: swan/elephant. PROCEEDS TO VOTE FALCON, WHO IS NOT ONE OF THEIR SUS READS?! Like what???? Falcon is the leading train, and your reason for voting is you have no feels about them? Huh? (Possible e-e with vulture for getting rid of both cham votes)

5. Clarification about Mouses reads list.

Okay, so elim reads UP TO THIS POINT are scorpion, beagle, and iguana in no particular order. My feelings are strongest about scorpion as of now. 

I will be continuing to work on my reads to get caught up to present time. If you have wishes to communicate with me while I do so, feel free to send me a PM. Unless you don't care if I respond in a timely manner. Then just post it in here xD

Heron out 

21 minutes ago, Mint Heron said:

Scorpion: Elim

1. Votes Mouse because they don’t like their vote (meerkat). Agrees with lion, less so with rhino.

2. Changes vote to rhino as they “realized they don’t actually agree with Lion anymore”. Claims they will unvote in the morning. (This feels either really elimy, or like someone who got pocketed by an elim who defended mouse).

3. Claims that beagle is surely vil for saying elims are cowards if they nk him. (Sigh) vil read on lion, feels good about penguin. Votes Hyena for voting based on memery.

4. Defends vote.

5. Thinks beagle is village. 

6. Mostly agrees with Chameleons reads list. (To me this feels slightly elim to not just post your reads, even if they are similar or the same. Idk)

7. Talkity talkity talk

1. -
  2. Rethinking is elimmy? My first read of the thread was quick and dirty, and my thought process was as simple as me seeing Lion’s vote and assuming they voted for the same reason as me. When relooked through things I both changed my mind about Lion and Mouse.
  3. Do you disagree re:Beagle? Because I can’t even tell why you e!read Beagle from your post. I think their solving and thoughts have been very reasonable and very village.
  4. -
  5. -
  6. Huh? xD I made a reads list soon after. That wasn’t meant to be a dodge of work. It was a post I made on mobile after nodding my head to what I saw from Cham.
  7. -

5 hours ago, Oxblood Beagle said:

Salmon Meerkat why did you v-read Falcon for…following a vote? 

Very light v-read on Zebra for villagery clumsiness 😛 

All I recall from Albatross is them summarizing the thread happenings, so I wouldn’t hate pressure there. Don’t hate Hyena pressure either, but the day is young. 

@Amber Vulture why did you switch to OOC posts right after I pointed out RP-centric playstyles are hard to v-read generally? Was that a conscious decision 😛 

the follow vote i found to be very village because it seems that they were more or less just following along, likely because of perhaps a tiredness of playing and just wanted to put a vote down, which i doubt an elim would do.

51 minutes ago, Mint Heron said:

Meerkat: Null+ (aeoryi?)

1. NAI

2. Again claims loyalty to village and votes Falcon for meme. (feels like slightly new/confused vil)

3. Unsure what PM’s are

4. NAI

5. NAI

6. xD

7. Doesn't know 

8. NAI

9. NAI

nai? also, i knew what pms were, i was just doing it for rp flavor.

7 minutes ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

the follow vote i found to be very village because it seems that they were more or less just following along, likely because of perhaps a tiredness of playing and just wanted to put a vote down, which i doubt an elim would do.

Spoiler

tumblr_lq19ixfL8F1qckgmgo1_250.gif

3 hours ago, Oxblood Beagle said:

Though I need to ask, @Quartz Zebra have you been preparing your posts elsewhere and copy/pasting them here? :ph34r: 

Sometimes!

It's more fun to sacrifice your posts to the Void. 

43 minutes ago, Mint Heron said:

Ok , so elim reads UP TO THIS POINT are scorpion, beagle, and iguana in no particular order. My feelings are strongest about scorpion as of now. 

Presumably the elims internally highlighted who the consensus villagers are when discussing the NK last night! In that light, Heron having the audacity to produce this read seems very villagey! 

Updating my reads list:

Village: Albatross, Rhino, Beagle, Scorp, Heron, Mouse, Lion, Ostrich 

Reluctant village: Iguana, Cham

Null: Vulture, Hyena, Tuatara, Weasel, Crocodile, Dingo, Flamingo, Kangaroo, Meerkat, Elephant 

Elim: Penguin, Swan

2 minutes ago, Quartz Zebra said:

Presumably the elims internally highlighted who the consensus villagers are when discussing the NK last night! In that light, Heron having the audacity to produce this read seems very villagey! 

Spoiler

94b15a60-2a4f-4838-a7b1-ba02a0b5c064_tex

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCJessz5nPdqsI97VGAvz

1 minute ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

could you explain what you mean here?

Spoiler

image.png?ex=65ac06bd&is=659991bd&hm=9ee

1 minute ago, Azure Mouse said:
  Reveal hidden contents

94b15a60-2a4f-4838-a7b1-ba02a0b5c064_tex

Reveal hidden contents

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCJessz5nPdqsI97VGAvz

Reveal hidden contents

image.png?ex=65ac06bd&is=659991bd&hm=9ee

i was asking because i wanted to get their point of view on why they did that. i couldnt quite understand with the meme in reply, but i presumed it was village for some reason, and the meme (kind of) made me a village vibe.

26 minutes ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

nai?

Not Alignment Indiciative.

17 minutes ago, Quartz Zebra said:

Updating my reads list:

Village: Albatross, Rhino, Beagle, Scorp, Heron, Mouse, Lion, Ostrich 

Reluctant village: Iguana, Cham

Null: Vulture, Hyena, Tuatara, Weasel, Crocodile, Dingo, Flamingo, Kangaroo, Meerkat, Elephant 

Elim: Penguin, Swan

Can you further explain your reads on penguin and swan as elims? And then maybe try and ascribe some polarisation to the bolded names (I think they should be able to be ascribed one looking further)

Memories right after waking up in the morning are weird. Is it like just after the flash? Do I remember some things just prior to waking up? Or do I pick up where I left off last night? What about dreams? I don't have answers to these, but it doesn't matter, because re-reading my notes is a must. Given the recent revelations, I can perhaps add tidbits to the notes I've already made. 

"Finally making my mind up about Iguana, they're village. Upon re-read, the specific part - 'it felt like an elim trying to talk to villager' feels like it's coming from a villager's mindset."

"Dingo voting on Iguana quite a while into the first day for sleeping for 17 hours doesn't sit right with me. People had spoken a lot [7pages worth of content], there should be something more than a poke. "

"Mild defense of Meerkat from Chameleon. Noted."

"I have decided I do not like the phrase "reasonings to be given upon request". Why should it be requested? Why not proffer it up in the first place?"

"There's just something about Chameleon's posts that makes me trust them lesser and lesser. Currently past null into the Spiked territory. Past-Leo, what were you thinking?"

"Also unsure about the village read you had given to Albatross previously, Past-Leo."

"Chameleon talks like someone who has more info about the distribution than a villager."

"Feels like there's no way a Mouse team kills Falcon in N1. Future-Leo, this statement is based on ID assumptions. Give weightage to it accordingly."

"Zebra is weirdly fixated on deciding Falcon was Coinshot."

Let's not be hasty with our etchings, I don't think there's a tattoo removal place in this dreadful town. I do think of people here in terms of tiers. Maybe not conventional but they are very clearly bunched into a group things, of which I'll be making a note off. 

"Mouse, Iguana and Scorpion make up the group of 'mainly, firmly village - minimal fishy stuff'."
"Vulture, Penguin and Beagle are 'have not been feeling firmly village but they've spoken quite a bit, some of which feel like villager words'."
"Ostrich and Lion belong to 'have not been speaking a lot, but they feel like they have a pure heart'."
"Albatross and Flamingo form the 'I think there's something wrong with them but I'm not exactly sure of what'."
"Tuatara, Weasel, Crocodile, Rhino, Elephant, Heron and Dingo need to 'TALK MORE'."
"Swan and Meerkat are 'saying quite a bit but their net words amount to confusion for me'."
"Hyena, Chameleon and Zebra have the 'highest possibility of being evil'."

Having completed my thoughts on the paper, I sit in front of the mirror, etching ink and pen ready, and look at the final group of names written. Making up my mind and choosing the most suspicious among them, I begin etching - I

Flash

Heron and Albatross competing for who can post the most long winded NAI play-by-play recount of the thread:

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952q1pp10qgepqnsa69g9

@Mint Heron why do you think I’m an elim? It wasn’t clear in your post; apologies if I’ve missed something I’m currently preoccupied but skimmed through the spoiler you posted and read the section on me.