Era 7 Episode 2

Koloss17

1 hour ago, Stormlightsong said:

“I would never accept a gift from an enemy.” Asylum said puffing up their chest and immediately regretting it as the pain resurfaced. “I reject your pity as I reject everything you stand for.” Turning away from the radiant they whispered to Eza. “Be a saint and steal those bandages please.”

@Lunamor @Scars of Hathsin

Eza eyed the bandages. No metal, that would make them difficult to steal. Normally, she would’ve never stolen a nonmetallic object directly out of someone’s hands. It was an alternative to ripping up her cloak, however. 

Lum was probably angering the man, so she didn’t know if they would have time for him to quit holding the bandages while also not trying to attack them. She would’ve started arguing with Lum, asked them to just accept the bandages, but she couldn’t in front of the stranger. Her frustration with them was now steadily growing. Why were they acting so needlessly antagonistic towards powerful people?

Eza pointed behind the stranger at the burning bar, an expression of horror on her face. 

“There’s two people still in there!”

She was a skilled liar, so she hoped to get the man to turn his head away.

Eza is going to attempt to steal the bandages as soon as Eleos turns his head, assuming he does.

@RoyalBeeMage

@Scars of Hathsin

Edited by Lunamor
Stupid tags

Posted (edited)

Perses, The Corridor

Three days had passed, and Perses was itching for development. For the past three days, all he had done was gather information. What is currently going on in the city, what impact he has made. The Tin Street Mafia had all but fallen, in large part due to Perses’ efforts. The ironworks was a large part of their power in this area, and he had managed to also kill one of the largest officials in that attack. And with their supply of atium gone, their odds of financially recovering from Perses’ efforts was incredibly low.

Soon, Perses would be able to lay roots in the Mistwarrens, and slowly expand his influence from there. But why did control have to take so long?

After some further walking, Perses arrived at the Silver Dagger. It was time for him to get a much needed upgrade.

@Stormlightsong

Edited by Koloss17

7 hours ago, Lunamor said:

Eza eyed the bandages. No metal, that would make them difficult to steal. Normally, she would’ve never stolen a nonmetallic object directly out of someone’s hands. It was an alternative to ripping up her cloak, however. 

Lum was probably angering the man, so she didn’t know if they would have time for him to quit holding the bandages while also not trying to attack them. She would’ve started arguing with Lum, asked them to just accept the bandages, but she couldn’t in front of the stranger. Her frustration with them was now steadily growing. Why were they acting so needlessly antagonistic towards powerful people?

Eza pointed behind the stranger at the burning bar, an expression of horror on her face. 

“There’s two people still in there!”

She was a skilled liar, so she hoped to get the man to turn his head away.

@RoyalBeeMage

@Scars of Hathsin

Eleos, bendalloy 

Eleos turns his head and looks towards the Windrunner. “What’s your ideal? Windrunner! Your supposed to protect everyone I hope that you brought them all to safety.”

@Scars of Hathsin @Stormlightsong @Lunamor

2 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

Eleos, bendalloy 

Eleos turns his head and looks towards the Windrunner. “What’s your ideal? Windrunner! Your supposed to protect everyone I hope that you brought them all to safety.”

Arranis, Bendalloy Bar, Mistwarrens

"Do not talk to me that way, Boy" Arranis says, in a quiet tone, that carried a surprising amount of venom. "I have been around thousands of years longer than you.  You would break at the thought of what I have been through and done." He glances at Asylum again.

"I know this guys family quite well. He will escape no matter what we do, and you just need to trust me on that. He will live, and will be back before we know it. The thing I am most worried about, is who he works for."

'And to answer your ignorant question, I have altered my ideals, I protect things greater than one person, I protect entire planets, and universes, if one person has to die for me to protect the greater good. Than so be it." He turns on his heel, walking away from the building. 

That was a bit harsh Astryn comments dryly. Yes, but that kid needs to learn, if he wants to be of any help. He sends the thought back. 

@RoyalBeeMage

Just now, Scars of Hathsin said:

Arranis, Bendalloy Bar, Mistwarrens

"Do not talk to me that way, Boy" Arranis says, in a quiet tone, that carried a surprising amount of venom. "I have been around thousands of years longer than you.  You would break at the thought of what I have been through and done." He glances at Asylum again.

"I know this guys family quite well. He will escape no matter what we do, and you just need to trust me on that. He will live, and will be back before we know it. The thing I am most worried about, is who he works for."

'And to answer your ignorant question, I have altered my ideals, I protect things greater than one person, I protect entire planets, and universes, if one person has to die for me to protect the greater good. Than so be it." He turns on his heel, walking away from the building. 

That was a bit harsh Astryn comments dryly. Yes, but that kid needs to learn, if he wants to be of any help. He sends the thought back. 

@RoyalBeeMage

“How can you be thousands of years old? Your not a herald. Are you? The Windrunner blade was secured back in the original urithiru with the sibling.” Eleos says skepticaly

6 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

Eleos, bendalloy 

Eza grabbed the bandages the man was holding and burned iron, pulling hard on a thick blue line she could see extending into the alleyway behind her. She attempted to lift the bandages gently and jump so that her feet wouldn’t make scraping noises as she was yanked away. Eza was less than certain that would be stealthy enough to avoid notice. If her target was distracted enough, however, there was a chance he might not notice. She was already regretting her decision. Why would Lum opt for such a risky thing when a much safer option was available?

Lum likely didn’t mean for her to run away, but she was technically following instructions. She could get the bandages back to them in time. They probably wouldn’t bleed out that quickly. They would have no right to be mad at her after this fiasco. 

Truth be told, she wanted an excuse to flee.

@Stormlightsong

@Scars of Hathsin

2 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

“How can you be thousands of years old? Your not a herald. Are you? The Windrunner blade was secured back in the original urithiru with the sibling.” Eleos says skepticaly

"Storms, No." Arranis says, recoiling in surprise. "Having everyone bow to me, and swear by my name. Nope" he laughs. "Could you honestly tell me that I could be a semi divine being" He laughs mockingly again over his shoulder . He watches as the bandages get ripped out of Eleo's hand. He was not surprised, but did nothing. He did play a good game he feels a sense of agreement with his spren. 

Although they were opposite sides of the metaphorical game board. He knew a person that upholded their morals when he saw them. Even if they did not agree on them. Much like other Radiant orders. He continues to walk away from the building. Determined to find where this Pseudo - Inquisitor was hiding. 

7 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

"Storms, No." Arranis says, recoiling in surprise. "Having everyone bow to me, and swear by my name. Nope" he laughs. "Could you honestly tell me that I could be a semi divine being" He laughs mockingly again over his shoulder . He watches as the bandages get ripped out of Eleo's hand. He was not surprised, but did nothing. He did play a good game he feels a sense of agreement with his spren. 

Although they were opposite sides of the metaphorical game board. He knew a person that upholded their morals when he saw them. Even if they did not agree on them. Much like other Radiant orders. He continues to walk away from the building. Determined to find where this Pseudo - Inquisitor was hiding. 

"where did my bandeges go? never mind you could never be a herald. its just the only reason that i can think of for you to be 1000 years old." who does he think he is. who do you think he is. he is lying to you. he has to be. the alternative is to dier to think about. granite how much investiture is he emitting? give me a second to get a read.

@Lunamor @Stormlightsong

Edited by RoyalBeeMage

7 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"where did my bandeges go? never mind you could never be a herald. its just the only reason that i can think of for you to be 1000 years old." who does he think he is. who do you think he is. he is lying to you. he has to be. the alternative is to dier to think about. granite how much investiture is he emitting? give me a second to get a read.

@Lunamor @Stormlightsong

Eza successfully shot down the alleyway unseen by her target, clutching a bundle of bandages. She would’ve been smiling if she wasn’t so frustrated with Lum. The thick blue line turned out to be from a large metal door blocking entryway into some sort of storage space. She extinguished her iron before she slammed into it, then pulled on some pipes behind her to slow her momentum.

She eventually came to a stop right in front of the door, landing lightly on her feet. Eza didn’t touch the ground for more than a second before using her pipe trick to leap up onto the roof of a building. She hunkered down and kept an eye out for Lum. They’d seen which direction she had gone and would eventually make their way over to her, assuming they didn’t ditch her.

She pulled out her newly acquired fork. At least one positive thing had come out of the visit to the bar. Fortunately, the Mistwarrens were dark enough at night that there wasn’t much light on the rooftop that could glint off of its shiny metal. Eza legitimately considered whether or not she should stick it in Lum’s face.

@Stormlightsong

@Scars of Hathsin

Arranis, Mistwarrens

Arranis, stumbles away from the building, leaving behind that arrogant stoneward, and the theifs. "What’s your ideal? Windrunner! Your supposed to protect everyone I hope that you brought them all to safety" he mutters to himself mockingly. As he approaches the high street, he ducks his head, not showing it to anyone but the ground. 

He feels people bump into him, some accident, and some in an attempt to grab things from his pockets. He feels hands reach under his cloak, and they find nothing and quickly withdraw. He lifts his eyes to stare at every single one of the people that tried to rob him, giving them a glare that he had practiced. They normally looked away.

Can you find anything on the Pseudo-Inquisitor he says rather snappily to Astryn. No need to get snappy at me, young manShe twirls off into the streets, and his enters another bar, that hopefully does not contain any dangerous criminals. 

Perses, The Corridor, the Silver Dagger.

Perses entered the shop. Luckily, Venser was just finishing up with a customer. 

“Ah, welcome! We have much to discuss.” Venser motioned for Perses and together, they entered the back room.

——————————————————

Venser, The Corridor, Back of the Silver Dagger.

This guy gives me the creeps. Hemalugists are very dangerous to be around, and are often quite unstable. Venser had known of other venders in the Hemalurgy business, and few last very long in the area. Whether they died or were snatched up by the Dark Alleys, Venser wasn’t sure. All he knew was that he was never going to sell spikes.

”You have come just in time, my friend. The weapon is here for you.” Venser opened out a secured drawer and pulled out the weapon. The aluminum pistol was covered in a nice silvery sheen, with a sleek leather grip etched with an intricate swirling pattern. Along with it, he brought out a set of magazines.

”Like what you see?” Immediately, Venser regretted the words. He has spikes through his eyes. He won’t be able to detect aluminum. He handed the pistol to the gentleman. “Here.”

As the man inspected the gun, Venser continued. “This gun is a dual barreled pistol, with two different types of ammunition.” Venser took a bullet from one of the magazines. “One, a simple 0.45mm aluminum bullet. The other,” Venser said, holding a different bullet, “a pure tungsten bullet of the same caliber.” He laid the two down. “The weapon is equipped to easily toggle between the two, one for anti-investiture targets, and the other for steel-enhanced punching power. Frankly, I suspect that the tungsten rounds could easily punch through multiple walls.” Venser paused for dramatic effect.

”The other interesting part of the weapon is the interior. On the back, there should be an easily removable hatch.” He waited for the hemalurgist to flick open the hatch, which easily slid to the top of the weapon. “The safety, catchs, and ammunition toggle are all internal, only accessible by coinshots. I’ve been able to modify the interior to accommodate for your unique capabilities.”

Venser was proud of his creation. The design was wholly unique, made only once before in its original form for a coinshot from Mistkeep. He took pride in all of his weaponry, but the guns were certainly his favorite. The intricacies of different time periods and places were fascinating, and the resources in Alleycity felt limitless. And plus, firearms sold much better.

—————————————

Perses, The Corridor, Back of The Silver Dagger.

As Venser kept explaining how to use the weapon, Perses struggled to keep up. He had handled many a firearm, but he had never used something like this. The revolver seemed much more advanced that the six-shots he knew, and it felt powerful. He was itching to get to use it. 

“The magazines hold eight of one type of bullet in them, and are of course also aluminum. The two types of magazine come with two types of etchings at the bottom of them, so they can easily be differentiated. I went ahead and gave you three sets of magazines, one set being already loaded. There are of course more bullets, but those are stored separately. I’ve supplied you with 40 of each type of bullets, and you can come to me when you are running low.” 

So much of this weapon was foreign to Perses. Magazines? A catch? He would have to ask the gunsmith about them. But that would be once he was done rambling. Of course, he was still getting good information. But it was a lot to take in.

For any gun nerds out there, or just for anyone that wants an image reference, the model of the pistol is heavily inspired by the AF2011A1 dual barrel pistol.

@Stormlightsong

On 3/12/2024 at 1:01 PM, Lunamor said:

Eza successfully shot down the alleyway unseen by her target, clutching a bundle of bandages. She would’ve been smiling if she wasn’t so frustrated with Lum. The thick blue line turned out to be from a large metal door blocking entryway into some sort of storage space. She extinguished her iron before she slammed into it, then pulled on some pipes behind her to slow her momentum.

She eventually came to a stop right in front of the door, landing lightly on her feet. Eza didn’t touch the ground for more than a second before using her pipe trick to leap up onto the roof of a building. She hunkered down and kept an eye out for Lum. They’d seen which direction she had gone and would eventually make their way over to her, assuming they didn’t ditch her.

She pulled out her newly acquired fork. At least one positive thing had come out of the visit to the bar. Fortunately, the Mistwarrens were dark enough at night that there wasn’t much light on the rooftop that could glint off of its shiny metal. Eza legitimately considered whether or not she should stick it in Lum’s face.

@Stormlightsong

@Scars of Hathsin

Asylum, The Mistwarrens.
Asylum limped away from the radiants as they argued. Once they got into an alley, they started a good luck ritual. They had gathered many superstitions of good and bad luck over the years so they completed their routine on auto pilot. “Eza,” they said, looking up to see the girl sitting on a roof. “ I think I need those bandages now.”

44 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

Perses, The Corridor, the Silver Dagger.

Perses entered the shop. Luckily, Venser was just finishing up with a customer. 

“Ah, welcome! We have much to discuss.” Venser motioned for Perses and together, they entered the back room.

——————————————————

Venser, The Corridor, Back of the Silver Dagger.

This guy gives me the creeps. Hemalugists are very dangerous to be around, and are often quite unstable. Venser had known of other venders in the Hemalurgy business, and few last very long in the area. Whether they died or were snatched up by the Dark Alleys, Venser wasn’t sure. All he knew was that he was never going to sell spikes.

”You have come just in time, my friend. The weapon is here for you.” Venser opened out a secured drawer and pulled out the weapon. The aluminum pistol was covered in a nice silvery sheen, with a sleek leather grip etched with an intricate swirling pattern. Along with it, he brought out a set of magazines.

”Like what you see?” Immediately, Venser regretted the words. He has spikes through his eyes. He won’t be able to detect aluminum. He handed the pistol to the gentleman. “Here.”

As the man inspected the gun, Venser continued. “This gun is a dual barreled pistol, with two different types of ammunition.” Venser took a bullet from one of the magazines. “One, a simple 0.45mm aluminum bullet. The other,” Venser said, holding a different bullet, “a pure tungsten bullet of the same caliber.” He laid the two down. “The weapon is equipped to easily toggle between the two, one for anti-investiture targets, and the other for steel-enhanced punching power. Frankly, I suspect that the tungsten rounds could easily punch through multiple walls.” Venser paused for dramatic effect.

”The other interesting part of the weapon is the interior. On the back, there should be an easily removable hatch.” He waited for the hemalurgist to flick open the hatch, which easily slid to the top of the weapon. “The safety, catchs, and ammunition toggle are all internal, only accessible by coinshots. I’ve been able to modify the interior to accommodate for your unique capabilities.”

Venser was proud of his creation. The design was wholly unique, made only once before in its original form for a coinshot from Mistkeep. He took pride in all of his weaponry, but the guns were certainly his favorite. The intricacies of different time periods and places were fascinating, and the resources in Alleycity felt limitless. And plus, firearms sold much better.

—————————————

Perses, The Corridor, Back of The Silver Dagger.

As Venser kept explaining how to use the weapon, Perses struggled to keep up. He had handled many a firearm, but he had never used something like this. The revolver seemed much more advanced that the six-shots he knew, and it felt powerful. He was itching to get to use it. 

“The magazines hold eight of one type of bullet in them, and are of course also aluminum. The two types of magazine come with two types of etchings at the bottom of them, so they can easily be differentiated. I went ahead and gave you three sets of magazines, one set being already loaded. There are of course more bullets, but those are stored separately. I’ve supplied you with 40 of each type of bullets, and you can come to me when you are running low.” 

So much of this weapon was foreign to Perses. Magazines? A catch? He would have to ask the gunsmith about them. But that would be once he was done rambling. Of course, he was still getting good information. But it was a lot to take in.

@Stormlightsong

Keshi, The Corridor.

Keshi camped out on a roof two blocks away from the Silver Dagger as the Hemolurgist entered. Looking down from his binoculars he took inventory. Peeking into one of Goto’s saddle bag, he felt a sensation of fear. Keshi sat up suddenly before noticing that the feeling wasn’t coming from himself but from his steed. He pet the hyperslug as he sent feelings of comfort. Don’t worry, he sent, we’re just going to spook them and see what their plans are. He went back to looking through the binoculars and reviewed his plan a few more times for good measure.

Edited by Stormlightsong

18 minutes ago, Stormlightsong said:

Asylum, The Mistwarrens.
Asylum limped away from the radiant’s as they argued. Once they got into an alley, they started a good luck ritual. They had gathered many superstitions of good and bad luck over the years so they completed their routine on auto pilot. “Eza,” they said, looking up to see the girl sitting on a roof. “ I think I need those bandages now.”

Eza tossed the bandages to Lum, then followed them down from the rooftop. Remaining in a darker area in case they had been tailed, she crossed her arms. Despite the shadows covering her face, one could clearly see the scowl adorning it.

“What was that?!”

She managed to keep her voice quiet, but failed to keep her ire out of it. She wasn’t exactly trying to hide it, anyways.

”Why did you antagonize that guy when he was clearly powerful in some way? Our faces are plastered on walls everywhere, we can’t afford to anger people like that! Loudly taunting him was more than dangerous enough, let alone setting a bar on fire. The fire wasn’t necessarily your fault, I know you’ve got all that bad luck stuff, but it was most certainly somehow caused by whatever you did during that dice game. We’re lucky those radiant people didn’t try to turn us in for a bounty. I’m still not convinced they aren’t going to come after us. You wouldn’t even accept rusting bandages from one of them; the only thing that could do was offend him! The only reason I agreed to steal them was cause of that.”

She vaguely gestured towards Lum’s various injuries, then sighed.

”I can excuse the bar fire, but that dice game was too much. Rust, I’d never thought I’d say something like that…”

Edited by Lunamor

Perses emerged from the Silver Dagger, weapon in hand. This feels right. The next step. However, there was one more thing that he had to grab before he could finalize his control of the Mistwarrens.

Perses’ adrenaline spiked. Good. Suddenly, he felt the urge to punch something. Perses disabled his pistol’s safety. Before going home, he needed to test his new power.

@Stormlightsong

On 3/17/2024 at 7:01 PM, Lunamor said:

Eza tossed the bandages to Lum, then followed them down from the rooftop. Remaining in a darker area in case they had been tailed, she crossed her arms. Despite the shadows covering her face, one could clearly see the scowl adorning it.

“What was that?!”

She managed to keep her voice quiet, but failed to keep her ire out of it. She wasn’t exactly trying to hide it, anyways.

”Why did you antagonize that guy when he was clearly powerful in some way? Our faces are plastered on walls everywhere, we can’t afford to anger people like that! Loudly taunting him was more than dangerous enough, let alone setting a bar on fire. The fire wasn’t necessarily your fault, I know you’ve got all that bad luck stuff, but it was most certainly somehow caused by whatever you did during that dice game. We’re lucky those radiant people didn’t try to turn us in for a bounty. I’m still not convinced they aren’t going to come after us. You wouldn’t even accept rusting bandages from one of them; the only thing that could do was offend him! The only reason I agreed to steal them was cause of that.”

She vaguely gestured towards Lum’s various injuries, then sighed.

”I can excuse the bar fire, but that dice game was too much. Rust, I’d never thought I’d say something like that…”

Asylum started dressing their wounds as Eza berated them. Shaking ash from their suit they said plainly, “to answer your question you must understand something about me. I do as I please.” They smiled at Eza while straightening their cuffs. “I am not bound by law nor fear. I am only bound by my talent’s nature and my own will.” They leaned over Eza and stared down at her with eyes that could pierce steel. “If you have a problem with that you may leave.”

As they walked away they started to reconsider their actions. Shaking their head the thought forcefully, she is not my problem, if she wants to be around me she has to take care of herself.

On 3/19/2024 at 8:13 AM, Koloss17 said:

Perses emerged from the Silver Dagger, weapon in hand. This feels right. The next step. However, there was one more thing that he had to grab before he could finalize his control of the Mistwarrens.

Perses’ adrenaline spiked. Good. Suddenly, he felt the urge to punch something. Perses disabled his pistol’s safety. Before going home, he needed to test his new power.

@Stormlightsong

Keshi, the corridor.
The target has left the shop, Keshi thought, teleporting to the next observation point. Taking a closer look at the gun in the target’s hand through his binoculars, Keshi started to plan a plan of attack. Most of his missions had been reconnaissance and had relied on not engaging the enemy. He knew how to fight, but it could get dangerous if not approached correctly. As the target wandered around as if looking for something, Keshi sat back and continued his watch.

1 minute ago, Stormlightsong said:

Asylum started dressing their wounds as Eza berated them. Shaking ash from their suit they said plainly, “to answer your question you must understand something about me. I do as I please.” They smiled at Eza while straightening their cuffs. “I am not bound by law nor fear. I am only bound by my talent’s nature and my own will.” They leaned over Eza and stared down at her with eyes that could pierce steel. “If you have a problem with that you may leave.”

As they walked away they started to reconsider their actions. Shaking their head the thought forcefully, she is not my problem, if she wants to be around me she has to take care of herself.

Keshi, the corridor.
The target has left the shop, Keshi thought, teleporting to the next observation point. Taking a closer look at the gun in the target’s hand through his binoculars, Keshi started to plan a plan of attack. Most of his missions had been reconnaissance and had relied on not engaging the enemy. He knew how to fight, but it could get dangerous if not approached correctly. As the target wandered around as if looking for something, Keshi sat back and continued his watch.

Eza just stood there, watching Lum leave. They were going to get themself killed, or at least captured. They’d get Eza in trouble too, if she stayed with them. They didn’t seem to care about the consequences, about going up in flames and risking burning others along with them. Apparently, they didn’t care about Eza either. She didn’t have fancy luck powers to protect her. She very well might not survive whatever stunt they pulled next.

They hadn’t even bothered to thank her for stealing the bandages.

So she vanished into the shadows without making a sound. Survival was more important than this person who was admittedly still practically a stranger. She owed them nothing. Eza stayed still for a moment.

Then, she found herself stealthily tailing Lum, silent and unseen. She didn’t know what she expected to happen. There was little point in following them if she planned to stay out of whatever trouble they drew. This was stupid. They didn’t care about her, she should just leave. Treat them with the same indifference they treated her with.

But she couldn’t be alone again.

Perses walked with a purpose. Through his days of waiting, he learned the location of one of the last major hideouts for the Tin Street Mafia. They cleverly hid it in the Corridor, where law enforcement is stricter, but with a more population-dense area, which allows for trouble to easily go under the radar. 

The place was called Dancing with Death Diner, and to the uninformed partygoer, it was a great place to drink and enjoy live Post-Catecendre music. But underneath the surface, it was a hub for Tin Streets to make deals, get recruits, and help bridge the gap between the Mistwarren’s and Mistkeep’s corruption. He had planned to strike it later tonight, but Perses felt the need for some long awaited action.

——————————————————

Perses, The Corridor, Dancing with Death Diner.

Perses entered the spacious diner, gun carefully concealed in his mistcoat. There were by his estimates close to 100 people in the room, 150 of you included people in back rooms and behind a false wall. Out of these, there were only at most 30 that Perses particularly cared about. The rest were either clients or partygoers—not worth his time.

In one swift motion, Perses raised and shot his pistol at the ceiling. “Everyone out!” He yelled. The music abruptly stopped, with the calming notes being replaced with panicked screams. 

And so, the fun begins.

@Stormlightsong