Era 7 Episode 2

Koloss17

1 hour ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

sonyr stands. "get your books. if you have anything to discuss, come here. the guide will let you in."

Corbeau nodded and picked a few Hemalurgy guides from the wall. “Will I need a libarary card, or…?”

15 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"already gave you one."

Corbeau maneuvers his sizable pile of books until he finds the card sandwiched in between two of them. “Oh. Yes, you did.” Well that was embarrassing. Maybe it’ll help me…make me look like more of an idiot…?

2 hours ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Corbeau maneuvers his sizable pile of books until he finds the card sandwiched in between two of them. “Oh. Yes, you did.” Well that was embarrassing. Maybe it’ll help me…make me look like more of an idiot…?

Sonyr grins. "I love doing that to people. have a good day!"

Sonyr grins. "I love doing that to people. have a good day!"

Corbeau nodded. "Good day," he replied, and made his way out of the library. Well that was a failure. I need some way of getting him more committed to my mission. Perhaps...perhaps there's something in that... Corbeau walked to his hotel room where he changed out of the grey robes of the Steel Ministry and instead wore a dull brown shirt and trousers. He used his face paint to cover his tattoos and give himself a small scar on his cheek, and made his hair look messy. He put some mud on his clothes and put his mouth into a frown. He walked from his room and headed towards the Mistwarrens, searching for any signs proclaiming Lightweaver mercenaries, assassins, or related jobs. Perhaps I'd have better luck in the Rosharan district, he thinks.

2 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Corbeau nodded. "Good day," he replied, and made his way out of the library. Well that was a failure. I need some way of getting him more committed to my mission. Perhaps...perhaps there's something in that... Corbeau walked to his hotel room where he changed out of the grey robes of the Steel Ministry and instead wore a dull brown shirt and trousers. He used his face paint to cover his tattoos and give himself a small scar on his cheek, and made his hair look messy. He put some mud on his clothes and put his mouth into a frown. He walked from his room and headed towards the Mistwarrens, searching for any signs proclaiming Lightweaver mercenaries, assassins, or related jobs. Perhaps I'd have better luck in the Rosharan district, he thinks.

Sonyr watches him go out. Hm... i wonder what he's up to. then he grins to himself. "Next customer! im ready" he says out loud.

On 1/7/2024 at 4:38 PM, Koloss17 said:

Venser returned to his workshop, humming to himself. As he opened the door, he heard a rustling from his main bench. 

Staring beck at him was a strangely large rat-like creature, wearing a surprisingly stylish silk robe. The…person, he assumed, appeared to be riding a  large hunk of colorful yellow…leather? It was clearly alive, but unlike anything Venser had seen before. Though, on reflection, that was not particularly shocking. He had been in Alleycity for fifteen years, but he learned something new every day about the vast cultures of the multiverse. A large rat-person riding a sentient blob of leather is just another thing to adapt to.

”Who are you, and how did you get here?” Venser said cautiously. “And what are you doing in my workshop?”

Keshi, Mistwarrens, Venser’s workshop.

Keshi wasn’t used to getting caught But had learned the skills needed to improvise. “Hello, I am Keshi;” He said bowing slightly. “I am here to track down and collect the bounty of this man.” he pulled out the comparatively large wanted poster for the spiked man. “I believe he has commissioned a weapon from you and request you go through with this commission, but I plan to arrest him when he arrives.”

“Before you get back to work though I have a few questions,” Keshi brought out a tiny notebook and a pen. “How long have you known the fugitive, and what is your understanding of his abilities?”

————————————————

Eza nodded and followed Lum, now somehow even more confused. Was Lucy another version of their host? As soon as Lucky/Leucine got out of earshot, she began to pepper Lum with questions.

”Is that lady multiple people? Like, does she just morph into different women? And why’s she got that weird tattoo on her arm? I don’t think that could make someone turn into a different person.”

She paused in thought, then gasped.

”Is she a kandra!?”

Eza had never seen a kandra before. Well, probably. You never knew. She did know some stuff about them, though. Every Scadrian had heard tales of the super old, shapeshifting secrets agents. She continued to speak, not waiting for an answer.

”Does she eat people and wear their bones? Is she actually a pile of goop? Is she sometimes a dog?”

Asylum, Mistwarrens, Lucky’s Gaming Emporium.

”well,” Asylum began. “Lucy is complicated. She basically has the ability to alter her past so that instead of being a socially awkward caffeine addict she is…” sorry Lucy “actually competent in anything other than making magic tattoos.”

”anyway,” Asylum said, changing the subject. “We should get to bed. Tomorrow should be fun!”

————————————————

Asylum, Mistwarrens, outside of the Bendalloy Bar, the next morning.

The Bendalloy Bar was new. Which was good because that means Asylum didn’t have a reputation there yet. 

Asylum walked into the bar alone and began wandering around. They got a drink and eventually settled by the wall next to the window. When no one was looking they whispered through the window. “Eza, It’s all clear. Just be careful and don’t draw too much attention.”

@Lunamor @Brik_head

This is a good time to introduce Flint

Edited by Stormlightsong

22 hours ago, Stormlightsong said:

Keshi wasn’t used to getting caught But had learned the skills needed to improvise. “Hello, I am Keshi;” He said bowing slightly. “I am here to track down and collect the bounty of this man.” he pulled out the comparatively large wanted poster for the spiked man. “I believe he has commissioned a weapon from you and request you go through with this commission, but I plan to arrest him when he arrives.”

“Before you get back to work though I have a few questions,” Keshi brought out a tiny notebook and a pen. “How long have you known the fugitive, and what is your understanding of his abilities?”

————————————————

Asylum, Mistwarrens, Lucky’s Gaming Emporium.

”well,” Asylum began. “Lucy is complicated. She basically has the ability to alter her past so that instead of being a socially awkward caffeine addict she is…” sorry Lucy “actually competent in anything other than making magic tattoos.”

”anyway,” Asylum said, changing the subject. “We should get to bed. Tomorrow should be fun!”

————————————————

Asylum, Mistwarrens, outside of the Bendalloy Bar, the next morning.

The Bendalloy Bar was new. Which was good because that means Asylum didn’t have a reputation there yet. 

Asylum walked into the bar alone and began wandering around. They got a drink and eventually settled by the wall next to the window. When no one was looking they whispered through the window. “Eza, It’s all clear. Just be careful and don’t draw too much attention.”

@Lunamor @Brik_head

Flint looked for a place to sit in the Bendalloy Bar. Rusts, o open seats! Seemed like everyone here wanted to give the new place a try. Flint took a seat across from a lady and... was that a kid? "I hope you don't mind if I sit here." He says, but taking the seat without waiting for a response.

Flint sprinkled a pinch of Chromium dust into his drink, this much was barely enough to draw a good hand in cards, but it also trigger his allergies in a significant way. "And don't worry, I won't tell anyone you brought a child into the bar." He whispered.

2 hours ago, Brik_head said:

Flint looked for a place to sit in the Bendalloy Bar. Rusts, o open seats! Seemed like everyone here wanted to give the new place a try. Flint took a seat across from a lady and... was that a kid? "I hope you don't mind if I sit here." He says, but taking the seat without waiting for a response.

Flint sprinkled a pinch of Chromium dust into his drink, this much was barely enough to draw a good hand in cards, but it also trigger his allergies in a significant way. "And don't worry, I won't tell anyone you brought a child into the bar." He whispered.

Eza silently pulled her hood further down. Was she really that obvious? It was hard to disguise being so rusting short. She needed a pair of heels or something.

The guy seemed to be drinking some sort of metal. Burning iron, she was able to identify that it was chromium based on the line leading to it. She was pretty sure that meant the man had luck powers. Probably a bit like Lum did. 

Eza didn’t want to find out what would happen if the two fought each other with their powers. Ok, she kinda did, but only from a safe distance. It would probably involve lots of stubbed toes and falling ladders.

At least the guy seemed to be Scadrian. Probably from her time period, based on the clothing style. Eza knew (well, hoped) that he wouldn’t have too many odd cultural quirks she didn’t understand. She still couldn’t wrap her head around those really tall women wearing a glove on only one hand. What even was the point of that?

@Stormlightsong

On 1/18/2024 at 1:22 PM, Stormlightsong said:

Venser, The Corridor, The Silver Dagger.

Venser looked at Keshi curiously. How many do-gooders are going to wind up in this city? Venser had to remind himself that he was one of those do-gooders once. It was before he realized how hopeless this place was, and that he was just better off making a living off of it than going broke trying to fix it.

Above all, Venser was a Thaylen. And Thaylens mean business.

”How much are you willing to pay?” He asked. Given his current knowledge, he was much more concerned about getting on the inquisitor’s bad side than an altruistic rat’s.

Edited by Koloss17

Naharn Palep Carekt (NPC), ILLUSIONS Я US, Mistwarrens

That storming spren was talking again. When would that cremling realize that she didn’t storming care? 

“Naharn,” it said, “you must speak truth. Mmmmmm. Speak your truth. I came to you for a reason.” It really was beautiful. A mess of twisting lines, waving, looking like a pile of worms in a good way.

“Shut the storm up,” Naharn hissed to the spren under her breath. A customer walked in with black curly hair and light skin. Scadrian, or maybe Shin? She wasn’t sure. He slouched slightly, but his clothing was of fine make. Somebody familiar with the underground, but somebody with spheres.

She’d take them.

The man walked up to the counter, revealing bright green eyes. Damn lighteyes won’t leave us alone, she thought to herself. But I’ll take his money all the same.

“I need a library burned,” the person whispered in a raspy voice. “Corner of Zinc and Emerald. And I need it to look like he,” the man took out a poster of one of those things with the eye piercings that must hurt a whole storming lot to get and looked creepy, “did it.”

“Burning, eh?” Naharn replied. “We can do it, but it’ll cost you extra.”

The man nodded. “Also important, the owner of the library must see you, as this person, light the flames, but he cannot die in the inferno. He must survive. But try to destroy as many books as possible.”

Nahran licked her lips and stuck her hand out. “Hundred boxings.”

Surprisingly, the man didn’t try to haggle, instead dropping the money into her hand. She counted it, suspicious, but all seemed to be valid and there. Although it was hard to tell with these storming coins. It would just be so much easier with spheres….

“I look forward to seeing it done,” the man said, and walked out.

17 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

Venser, The Corridor, The Silver Dagger.

Venser looked at Keshi curiously. How many do-gooders are going to wind up in this city? Venser had to remind himself that he was one of those do-gooders once. It was before he realized how hopeless this place was, and that he was just better off making a living off of it than going broke trying to fix it.

Above all, Venser was a Thaylen. And Thaylens mean business.

”How much are you willing to pay?” He asked. Given his current knowledge, he was much more concerned about getting on the inquisitor’s bad side than an altruistic rat’s.

Keshi, The Corridor, The Silver Dagger.

”money…” Keshi said idly as he thought. The whole point of this job was to get money and that sheriff person probably wouldn’t give him any for this job. An idea struck him. “This spiky fellow probably paid you quite a bit to make this gun, yes? If I neutralize him, I’ll let you keep the rest of his money and whatever is on his person. Deal?” Keshi put out a hand.

——————————————————

On 1/19/2024 at 11:56 AM, Brik_head said:

Asylum, Mistwarrens, Bendalloy Bar.

Asylum looked at the stranger and blinked. “what child?” Asylum gaslit. “This is my colleague and she is 32. I assure you she is of legal age.” They said this with the poker face of a seasoned gambler. Your move, they thought holding back a playful grin.

BTW, what are the symptoms of Flint’s chromium allergy?

Edited by Stormlightsong

On 1/20/2024 at 11:51 AM, Stormlightsong said:

Asylum, Mistwarrens, Bendalloy Bar.

Asylum looked at the stranger and blinked. “what child?” Asylum gaslit. “This is my colleague and she is 32. I assure you she is of legal age.” They said this with the poker face of a seasoned gambler. Your move, they thought holding back a playful grin.

Flint raised an eyebrow. The kid could be one of those Rosharon illusionists, but he sincerely doubted it.  Turning towards Eza "Sorry for calling you a child. Though I must ask what your secret is to looking so young" 

Naharn Palep Carekt (NPC), near Hidden Library
Five blocks away from the library, Naharn studied the writing that she had prepared for the occasion. When she was little, a small girl in rural Alethkar, she had fallen in love with writing. She was lucky enough to know how to read—a strange man (ardent, he must have been an ardent if he could read) who wore black clothing with a pointy nose had taught it to her—and she frequently had stolen books from people with more money than she. But that hadn’t been enough. She had wanted to write stories. And she had.

Around this time, Dropcap—that idiot cremling of a spren, if he would just LEAVE HER THE STORMS ALONE!—had come to her. Talked to her. Even helped her. Things were different then.

She had learned to make illusions then, using her writing as a focus. She wrote about what she wanted to be and then—

She was.

So now, she read her description of the man she would be, sucked in Stormlight, and became him. Spikes grew from her eyes, and her skin grew lighter. She took at a mirror and smiled at her reflection. The Lightweaving and worked. She walked to the address mentioned by her client, and audibly broke a window and climbed in, not noticing how the shards of glass broke through her skin and caused blood to seep out. She allowed herself to smile.

She was in.

@TheRavenHasLanded

1 hour ago, Brik_head said:

Flint raised an eyebrow. The kid could be one of those Rosharon illusionists, but he sincerely doubted it.  Turning towards Eza "Sorry for calling you a child. Though I must ask what your secret is to looking so young" 

Eza decided that it was best to go along with Lum’s lie, although 32 was a bit of a stretch. She could hardly pass for her own age, let alone that of an adult. Eza crossed her arms, frowned, and hmmphed. She then spoke with a decent impression of an Elendel accent, replacing her regular Roughs one.

”Apology accepted, although that was frankly quite rude. You must be a rather poor judge of age if you think that everyone of a small stature is a child.”

She let her hood fall backwards to avoid looking like she was trying to conceal her face.

”As to my youthful looks, I have good skincare and happen to be short.“

She leaned forward conspiratorially.

“The real secret, however, is eating lots of thyme. It’s good for your complexion.”

@Stormlightsong

12 hours ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Naharn Palep Carekt (NPC), near Hidden Library
Five blocks away from the library, Naharn studied the writing that she had prepared for the occasion. When she was little, a small girl in rural Alethkar, she had fallen in love with writing. She was lucky enough to know how to read—a strange man (ardent, he must have been an ardent if he could read) who wore black clothing with a pointy nose had taught it to her—and she frequently had stolen books from people with more money than she. But that hadn’t been enough. She had wanted to write stories. And she had.

Around this time, Dropcap—that idiot cremling of a spren, if he would just LEAVE HER THE STORMS ALONE!—had come to her. Talked to her. Even helped her. Things were different then.

She had learned to make illusions then, using her writing as a focus. She wrote about what she wanted to be and then—

She was.

So now, she read her description of the man she would be, sucked in Stormlight, and became him. Spikes grew from her eyes, and her skin grew lighter. She took at a mirror and smiled at her reflection. The Lightweaving and worked. She walked to the address mentioned by her client, and audibly broke a window and climbed in, not noticing how the shards of glass broke through her skin and caused blood to seep out. She allowed herself to smile.

She was in.

@TheRavenHasLanded

Sonyr bolted up. Corbeau wouldnt do this to me... he said he wanted me. so who? What the heck- oh no. the books. not the books his eyes grow wide.

4 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sonyr bolted up. Corbeau wouldnt do this to me... he said he wanted me. so who? What the heck- oh no. the books. not the books his eyes grow wide.

Naharn took a book off of the wall. The Way of Kings, it was called. Sounded stupid. She put the book under her armpit and took out a pack of matches, lighting one with an audible noise. She took out the book but did not light it yet, instead waiting for somebody to come, to see her, as per her orders.

Just now, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Naharn took a book off of the wall. The Way of Kings, it was called. Sounded stupid. She put the book under her armpit and took out a pack of matches, lighting one with an audible noise. She took out the book but did not light it yet, instead waiting for somebody to come, to see her, as per her orders.

Sonyr flared bronze. he had to check... there. sound. He moves toward it.

Sonyr flared bronze. he had to check... there. sound. He moves toward it.

Naharn heard somebody coming towards her and turned towards the noise, smiling towards it. She held up the match with her left hand and the book with her right, slowly bringing them closer and closer together.

Naharn…you must speak truth….

Idiot spren. It’ll shut up soon. For now, focus on your goal.

1 minute ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Naharn heard somebody coming towards her and turned towards the noise, smiling towards it. She held up the match with her left hand and the book with her right, slowly bringing them closer and closer together.

Naharn…you must speak truth….

Idiot spren. It’ll shut up soon. For now, focus on your goal.

Sonyr comes around the corner and freezes. "NO-" he shouts, horrified.

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sonyr comes around the corner and freezes. "NO-" he shouts, horrified.

Naharn smiled widely and brought match and book together, throwing the flaming book onto a full bookshelf away from both of them, and ran back to the window.

I wonder who I am to him. Who he sees me as. What these spikes do. Who my employer was. What all of this is about.

But I don’t actually really care.

1 minute ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Naharn smiled widely and brought match and book together, throwing the flaming book onto a full bookshelf away from both of them, and ran back to the window.

I wonder who I am to him. Who he sees me as. What these spikes do. Who my employer was. What all of this is about.

But I don’t actually really care.

Sonyr felt tears. "no-" he cried. He heavy-heartedly gets the fire exinguisher and puts the fire out before it can spread. "At least i have another copy..." he mutters, his voice going hard. 

3 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sonyr felt tears. "no-" he cried. He heavy-heartedly gets the fire exinguisher and puts the fire out before it can spread. "At least i have another copy..." he mutters, his voice going hard. 

Naharn casts another illusion on herself, to look like a man in a black hooded cloak, face in shadow, but clearly with no eye spikes. She puts her head down and walks briskly back to her shop. Her work was done.

If only that spren would just shut the storms up and she could be happy.