Feruchemy Daily Deep Dive

Koloss17

Well, I have officially returned to the Shard, and I’ve decided to revive an old flame. While I think the Random Twinborn Combos thread has run its course, I still think there are unanswered questions to still address.

Namely: what metals and abilities are the best?

So this will be a daily thread regarding the feruchemy side of things, aka the more interesting side of the question. We’ll be going by the feruchemy table, so that means starting with F-Iron and working our way down. For simplicity’s and relevance’s sake, I’ll be assuming the person in question is a Ferring, and not a twinborn, feruchemist, or hemalurgist. As always, I welcome and actively request your thoughts. At the end of it all, I will create a ranking that we can pick apart.

So without further ado, let’s get started!

Daily Feruchemy Analysis Day 1: 

F-Iron

wow we are starting off with a banger. This is probably the most documented metal we have, with a whole four books of pov to go off of. It also happens to be really rusting powerful. 

Obviously this has nice effects with many allomantic metals, but that’s not what this is about. What can this do on its own?

well, a lot of things really. While storing, you can make yourself very light, which means you can survive any fall and, presumably, move faster in general, as your muscles are moving a lower body weight than it’s used to. Now, I don’t think you’ll be crazy fast, but probably faster than normal. Plus, storing weight is almost certainly going to be the initial basis of space travel. So there’s that too. Oh, and the possibility of being a decent investiture to energy machine.

Spoiler

Questioner

Have you ever thought of using Skimmers to have infinite electricity. Like on a Ferris wheel kind of thing. Like Skimmers on this side tap and then Skimmers on this side store.

Brandon Sanderson

Oh, you're just using like Allomancers or Feruchemy. I mean yeah, that's totally something that in-world they will probably end up doing because the energy is simply coming from another place like Investiture is energy but there's more efficient ways than that to actually get Investiture into energy. I mean, a lot of Investiture gives off light. You could make it give off heat. Like, way easier ways to use Investiture than to put people on dynamos and create power that way but you could do it. You could absolutely do it. If you were hard up for making it work and the only thing you had was a Feruchemist or an Allomancer, you could create electricity that way. 

Starsight Release Party (Nov. 26, 2019)

Tapping weight gets interesting. As we’ve seen from Wax, it makes you a pseudo-pewterarm. Strategically tapping to tank hits and to deliver power hits. Great stuff.

Frankly, I don’t think there needs to be much more analysis on this. Relatively straightforward metal, with both martial and common uses. Certainly crazy scientific uses. Overall just a really good metal to have, and certainly very strong.

Rating: 8.5/10. Awesome stuff.

1 hour ago, Koloss17 said:

Well, I have officially returned to the Shard, and I’ve decided to revive an old flame. While I think the Random Twinborn Combos thread has run its course, I still think there are unanswered questions to still address.

So this will be a daily thread regarding the feruchemy side of things, aka the more interesting side of the question. We’ll be going by the feruchemy table, so that means starting with F-Iron and working our way down. For simplicity’s and relevance’s sake, I’ll be assuming the person in question is a Ferring, and not a twinborn, feruchemist, or hemalurgist. As always, I welcome and actively request your thoughts. At the end of it all, I will create a ranking that we can pick apart.

So without further ado, let’s get started!

Good to have you back buddy! 

1 hour ago, Koloss17 said:

F-Iron

wow we are starting off with a banger. This is probably the most documented metal we have, with a whole four books of pov to go off of. It also happens to be really rusting powerful. 

Obviously this has nice effects with many allomantic metals, but that’s not what this is about. What can this do on its own?

well, a lot of things really. While storing, you can make yourself very light, which means you can survive any fall and, presumably, move faster in general, as your muscles are moving a lower body weight than it’s used to. Now, I don’t think you’ll be crazy fast, but probably faster than normal. Plus, storing weight is almost certainly going to be the initial basis of space travel. So there’s that too. Oh, and the possibility of being a decent investiture to energy machine.

Reveal hidden contents

Questioner

Have you ever thought of using Skimmers to have infinite electricity. Like on a Ferris wheel kind of thing. Like Skimmers on this side tap and then Skimmers on this side store.

Brandon Sanderson

Oh, you're just using like Allomancers or Feruchemy. I mean yeah, that's totally something that in-world they will probably end up doing because the energy is simply coming from another place like Investiture is energy but there's more efficient ways than that to actually get Investiture into energy. I mean, a lot of Investiture gives off light. You could make it give off heat. Like, way easier ways to use Investiture than to put people on dynamos and create power that way but you could do it. You could absolutely do it. If you were hard up for making it work and the only thing you had was a Feruchemist or an Allomancer, you could create electricity that way. 

Tapping weight gets interesting. As we’ve seen from Wax, it makes you a pseudo-pewterarm. Strategically tapping to tank hits and to deliver power hits. Great stuff.

Frankly, I don’t think there needs to be much more analysis on this. Relatively straightforward metal, with both martial and common uses. Certainly crazy scientific uses. Overall just a really good metal to have, and certainly very strong.

Also, you could theoretically fly with the power by tying yourself to a sizable kite, which is always fun :P

It's also interesting to think about as it's one of the easiest attributes to store; it's actively beneficial to be storing some weight around constantly, so you can reasonably expect any Skimmer to have some decent stores of weight to go around.

In battle you can make yourself lighter on your feet and can fall/sit on your enemies while weighing as much as a school bus to flatten them. You also could bulldoze even the strongest Pewterarm by rushing them, could smash through floors in buildings to escape or chase enemies, and could use your extra weight to help mess with attacking Coinshots and Lurchers.

1 hour ago, Trusk'our said:

In battle you can make yourself lighter on your feet and can fall/sit on your enemies while weighing as much as a school bus to flatten them. You also could bulldoze even the strongest Pewterarm by rushing them, could smash through floors in buildings to escape or chase enemies, and could use your extra weight to help mess with attacking Coinshots and Lurchers.

Yeah! You could beat basically all of the typical Allomancer tricks, past maybe nicrosil enhanced stuff.

13 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

Well, I have officially returned to the Shard

Welcome back!

13 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

F-Iron

Good analysis. I feel like we should dedicate more time to intricacies, as there'll only be 17 total analyses (but, to be fair, the Spiritual category seems daunting if we go as in-depth as possible). On that note, are you including Era 1 Atium's Feruchemical properties or not? I said 17 since I assumed you were, but I just want to confirm the plan laid out for us. You said Feruchemy table, and Atium isn't on there, so maybe only 16. Up to you!

14 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

Can you clarify this? Sorry to add more questions to this reply, but I feel like this is crucial to clarify. Are we looking for a combative metal, or an overall, multi-use metal? Are we looking for a metal that can counter another world's Invested Art or just one that can fend off a Misting or Ferring (or Hemalurgist, assuming one spike or something)? Basically, what counts as your definition of 'the best'? Sorry for all the questions, and not much contribution. Good luck with the Feruchemy Analyses, and have fun!

17 minutes ago, Voidwatcher said:

Can you clarify this? Sorry to add more questions to this reply, but I feel like this is crucial to clarify. Are we looking for a combative metal, or an overall, multi-use metal? Are we looking for a metal that can counter another world's Invested Art or just one that can fend off a Misting or Ferring (or Hemalurgist, assuming one spike or something)? Basically, what counts as your definition of 'the best'? Sorry for all the questions, and not much contribution. Good luck with the Feruchemy Analyses, and have fun!

So basically my end plan is to create a thread at the end of it all making a ranking of all the feruchemantic metals. I don’t have a super defined ranking system. It’s mostly just how useful it would be to have that Ferring, be it in daily life, military use, or even government use. Whatever could be considered a benefit or a drawback. We’re mostly going to be thinking about Scadrial, as otherwise this would be in Cosmere discussion. However, the Cosmere is becoming more and more connected, so we shall see. 

16 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

F-Iron

Reveal hidden contents

Questioner

Brandon Sanderson

we see wax use a shotgun so powerful he has to tap weight to fire properly and we see him use normal shotguns to help him move when he has nothing to push on you could combine these things to fly by storing weight and firing two of those one in each hand and fly like a coin shot but with no need for metal you would be limited by how much ammo you could carry though.

Daily Feruchemy Analysis Day 2:

F-Steel

Another banger of an ability. Nearly everything is better when done quickly, at least when it comes down to non-recreational activities. Only downside is that it is really annoying to store speed. Even moving 3/4 as fast as you’re used to sounds so very annoying. My only thought of when it would be fine to store is when you are completely stationary, like watching a movie. Even then, you’ll want to eat something probably, which will be annoyingly slow. So basically it’s something that is really nice and very powerful, but you can only use it sparingly because it is an absolute pain to store. So really, it’s usability is limited. You want to get somewhere fast? You better really want it, because you will need to spend a while being painstakingly slow to make up for what you’ve used.

Rating: 7/10. However annoying it might be to store, it is still very nice, which is why this isn’t a 5/10. 

Edited by Koloss17

3 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

Daily Feruchemy Analysis Day 2:

F-Steel

Another banger of an ability. Nearly everything is better when done quickly, at least when it comes down to non-recreational activities. Only downside is that it is really annoying to store speed. Even moving 3/4 as fast as you’re used to sounds so very annoying. My only thought of when it would be fine to store is when you are completely stationary, like watching a movie. Even then, you’ll want to eat something probably, which will be annoyingly slow. So basically it’s something that is really nice and very powerful, but you can only use it sparingly because it is an absolute pain to store. So really, it’s usability is limited. You want to get somewhere fast? You better really want it, because you will need to spend a while being painstakingly slow to make up for what you’ve used.

Rating: 7/10. However annoying it might be to store, it is still very nice, which is why this isn’t a 5/10. 

Another very, very powerful feature of F-steel is that you can Allomantically burn your metals faster with it, making the effects of the Allomancy proportionally stronger.

Spoiler

Starsight Release Party - Arcanum (coppermind.net)

ElephantEarwax

Would tapping Feruchemical speed cause you to burn metals faster as your whole body speeds up?

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah. I think it probably would. I don't know if we've gotten to that interaction yet, but it probably would. Good question. If it's speeding up... Yeah, I think it would. Good question. If you're in a speed bubble and doing it, it's totally going to do it, and there's some analogies there.

This isn't really useful to someone who is only a Steelrunner, but it could be utilized by a natural Twinborn, a Hemalurgist, or a Steelrunner who got ahold of a medallion made to utilize Allomancy (something that doesn't seem to exist yet with the exception of Bands of Mourning, but it's almost certain to happen eventually).

Perhaps you could deliberately slow yourself to staunch a major injury until help arrives, as you'd bleed out less quickly.

Also, depending on how much of F-steel is a temporal based power, you may be able to slow your aging to let you survive traveling into the distant future, similar to how A-cadmium could.

Daily Feruchemy Analysis Day 3:

F-Tin

Alrighty folks, we’re hitting it early. For those of you that don’t know, I am an outspoken speaker of F-Tin, and even have My own cult dedicated to it. I’d recommend giving it a look, as I have made all of my arguments for why F-Tin is great in the past. So I will not regale you with the glory of F-Tin, just ask that you look back to my previous posts. 

Now, do I think it is the best Feruchemantic metal? Maybe. It is the best generalist metal, meaning that just about everyone can get good use out of it. It is great for all walks of life, and is fairly easy to store, and sometimes even convenient, which is awesome. I think there are better metals for certain situations, like I think Skimmers are better fighters than Windwhisperers are, but all in all, F-Tin is great. 

Rating: 9/10. Excellent metal, great for so many things, but there are certainly things you can’t do with it.

Edited by Koloss17

4 minutes ago, alder24 said:

I knew it! This whole idea was just a cover up for you to promote your cult! :P 

Well, only a little bit :P. Mostly I want to give more thought and attention to the power of Feruchemy, which just so happens to include F-Tin.

Daily Feruchemy Analysis Day 4:

F-Pewter

Admittedly, this one is a bit limited. Don’t get me wrong, it is cool as Trell, but I frankly think there’s limited returns. You can be extra strong, but other than lifting heavy things and being intimidating, strength only does so much in a world of coinshots. However, that is not one of the hardest to store, as often just sitting down doesn’t require much in the way of muscle mass. Overall, unless there’s a secret use past beating bodybuilding competitions, I feel that it’s a fairly middle of the road metal. Better than A-Pewter, probably, but not by a whole lot.

Rating: 7/10. Not bad, just not the greatest.

Edited by Koloss17

15 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

Daily Feruchemy Analysis Day 4:

F-Pewter

Admittedly, this one is a bit limited. Don’t get me wrong, it is cool as Trell, but I frankly think there’s limited returns. You can be extra strong, but other than lifting heavy things and being intimidating, strength only does so much in a world of coinshots. However, that is not one of the hardest to store, as often just sitting down doesn’t require much in the way of muscle mass. Overall, unless there’s a secret use past beating bodybuilding competitions, I feel that it’s a fairly middle of the road metal. Better than A-Pewter, probably, but not by a whole lot.

Rating: 7/10. Not bad, just not the greatest.

Agreed, A-pewter is better in most situations, particularly since you don't have to deal with the extra bulk, but there could be some fun uses for it.

I think that you could store A-pewter's strength and durability with a Pewtermind though, which could let you hack the system a little and tap A-pewter enhanced strength rather than regular F-pewter strength, which would be very useful if you want to tap a lot at once and remain dexterous.

Spoiler

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/246/#e5503

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Allomantic pewter strength can be stored in a metalmind, but it's probably easier to just Compound.

Spoiler

YouTube Spoiler Stream 2 - Arcanum (coppermind.net)

Vodid

If you have caffeine, can you store that as wakefulness in a bronzemind?

Brandon Sanderson

I think that you can, but I think when you tap it out, you will have kind of the same effects, right. Like, you will feel like you are not quite as awake. Like that feeling you get, I think you guys know what I'm talking about. I think that you can, I think that you can hack the system with some things like that. That's my guess... That's my answer right now, but that's one pretty mutable, as we go forward.

Adam Horne

I'd be curious to see what you could do with that in Era 3, because pharmaceuticals will exist.

Brandon Sanderson

Yes well, you're already getting into the fact that you could replicate a lot of things, with... once they figure how to change types of Investiture and whatnot, then suddenly you've got some wacky things going on. Which is why a Mistborn cyberpunk would be so much fun, because metallurgic wetware would be fun. But no promises on that—I already have too many things to write. It's just that if I do write it, and I make it a trilogy, then we have sixteen books in the Mistborn series.

It requires use of multiple powers though, so can't be done by your standard Brute.

It might be possible to shift your strength around from one part of the body to another though with enough skill, which could be interesting to see, such as if you shifted all your strength to your legs to make a large jump or to move most of your strength to one of your arms as you were striking (oscillating between the two arms as you struck your opponent for maximum power).

(This WoB doesn't really prove it's possible, it's just where I got the idea from)

Spoiler

PhantomMonstrosity (paraphrased)

Can a pewter Feruchemist go all fiddler crab? Store a bunch of strength from one arm, tap it into the other?

So far, any Freuchemist we've seen has been required to enhance their entire body or make their entire body weaker.

You could use the extra bulk of F-pewter to help block enemies or help with grappling, acting as a meat shield for you allies- it's much harder to walk past the Brute in the doorway who has the bulk of five men than a thin but strong Pewterarm. Combine it with F-gold (and F-tin for pain) and you really can become a meat shield.

You could also probably fit in tighter spaces by storing strength to become scrawny and wriggle through, such as traversing the air ducts in a building.

You could try to burst free from certain bonds by drastically increasing bulk, such as a straitjacket, manacles, or ropes (though the strength alone would help with those too). Or you could wriggle free by shunting away your muscle mass temporarily.

While emotional manipulation isn't something F-pewter technically does, having lots of extra, very obvious physical strength would go far as a deterrent/intimidation tactic, enough so that you could sidestep most actual fights (plus your voice gets deeper with enough strength, which would also help with the illusion of fear).

Speaking of influencing others, storing strength to appear pathetically weak could make others feel sympathy for you, overlook you, or (severely) underestimate you. That last one in particular can count for a lot in the right circumstance.

Huh. Now that I think about it, a Brute could have lots of ways to manipulate people through posturing and assumptions made through one's physical appearance.

1 hour ago, Trusk'our said:

Agreed, A-pewter is better in most situations, particularly since you don't have to deal with the extra bulk, but there could be some fun uses for it.

I think that you could store A-pewter's strength and durability with a Pewtermind though, which could let you hack the system a little and tap A-pewter enhanced strength rather than regular F-pewter strength, which would be very useful if you want to tap a lot at once and remain dexterous.

Reveal hidden contents

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/246/#e5503

Allomantic pewter strength can be stored in a metalmind, but it's probably easier to just Compound.

Reveal hidden contents

YouTube Spoiler Stream 2 - Arcanum (coppermind.net)

Vodid

If you have caffeine, can you store that as wakefulness in a bronzemind?

Brandon Sanderson

I think that you can, but I think when you tap it out, you will have kind of the same effects, right. Like, you will feel like you are not quite as awake. Like that feeling you get, I think you guys know what I'm talking about. I think that you can, I think that you can hack the system with some things like that. That's my guess... That's my answer right now, but that's one pretty mutable, as we go forward.

Adam Horne

I'd be curious to see what you could do with that in Era 3, because pharmaceuticals will exist.

Brandon Sanderson

Yes well, you're already getting into the fact that you could replicate a lot of things, with... once they figure how to change types of Investiture and whatnot, then suddenly you've got some wacky things going on. Which is why a Mistborn cyberpunk would be so much fun, because metallurgic wetware would be fun. But no promises on that—I already have too many things to write. It's just that if I do write it, and I make it a trilogy, then we have sixteen books in the Mistborn series.

It requires use of multiple powers though, so can't be done by your standard Brute.

It might be possible to shift your strength around from one part of the body to another though with enough skill, which could be interesting to see, such as if you shifted all your strength to your legs to make a large jump or to move most of your strength to one of your arms as you were striking (oscillating between the two arms as you struck your opponent for maximum power).

(This WoB doesn't really prove it's possible, it's just where I got the idea from)

Reveal hidden contents

PhantomMonstrosity (paraphrased)

Can a pewter Feruchemist go all fiddler crab? Store a bunch of strength from one arm, tap it into the other?

So far, any Freuchemist we've seen has been required to enhance their entire body or make their entire body weaker.

You could use the extra bulk of F-pewter to help block enemies or help with grappling, acting as a meat shield for you allies- it's much harder to walk past the Brute in the doorway who has the bulk of five men than a thin but strong Pewterarm. Combine it with F-gold (and F-tin for pain) and you really can become a meat shield.

You could also probably fit in tighter spaces by storing strength to become scrawny and wriggle through, such as traversing the air ducts in a building.

You could try to burst free from certain bonds by drastically increasing bulk, such as a straitjacket, manacles, or ropes (though the strength alone would help with those too). Or you could wriggle free by shunting away your muscle mass temporarily.

While emotional manipulation isn't something F-pewter technically does, having lots of extra, very obvious physical strength would go far as a deterrent/intimidation tactic, enough so that you could sidestep most actual fights (plus your voice gets deeper with enough strength, which would also help with the illusion of fear).

Speaking of influencing others, storing strength to appear pathetically weak could make others feel sympathy for you, overlook you, or (severely) underestimate you. That last one in particular can count for a lot in the right circumstance.

Huh. Now that I think about it, a Brute could have lots of ways to manipulate people through posturing and assumptions made through one's physical appearance.

Yeah, I think a Brute is going to be very reliant on people not knowing they are a Brute. Once the jig is up, they are a lot less effective. But that’s not to say that they aren’t a threat!

Daily Feruchemy Analysis Day 5:

F-Zinc

Honestly, I like mental speed a lot more than physical speed. Perhaps that’s because I’m a massive nerd, but it seems a lot cooler. However, it does have the same drawbacks as F-steel, maybe even worse. 

Actually, which is worse? Thinking slower than your body can move or moving slower than you can think?

Rating: For now I’ll give it the same rating as steel. It’s great when tapping, a nightmare when storing. 7/10.

2 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

F-Zinc

Honestly, I like mental speed a lot more than physical speed. Perhaps that’s because I’m a massive nerd, but it seems a lot cooler. However, it does have the same drawbacks as F-steel, maybe even worse. 

Actually, which is worse? Thinking slower than your body can move or moving slower than you can think?

Rating: For now I’ll give it the same rating as steel. It’s great when tapping, a nightmare when storing. 7/10.

I don't think it would be that bad to store. I might use it like I would A-Cadmium but without the obvious AoE tell that I've checked out. Just zone out during the previews before the movie. Sometimes I have a really hard time not thinking when I'm trying to fall asleep and being able to shut off my brain could be nice. I don't think I need to go too much into tapping Zinc, we've seen that, but I can see benefits for slowed thought assuming the rest of the body's reflexes and subconscious behavior continues at a regular pace. Such as blanking out while peeling potatoes.

I have a much harder time coming up with positive use cases for active speed storage.

Edited by Duxredux

59 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

F-Zinc

As an insomniac, I think that zinc would be pretty good to store if you are trying to sleep. Or, if you’re a full Feruchemist, you could store f-zinc when you are filling Copperminds, which I don’t think would take much mental effort.

54 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

As an insomniac, I think that zinc would be pretty good to store if you are trying to sleep. Or, if you’re a full Feruchemist, you could store f-zinc when you are filling Copperminds, which I don’t think would take much mental effort.

You know, I feel like combining F-zing with F-copper opens up a whole new can of worms. For instance, if you tapped mental speed I feel like you'd make more memories in a shorter time as your mind is functioning and processing more information in a much shorter amount of time.

That means that tapping them would feel like tapping mental speed while doing so, though it would presumably be an illusion; it depends on if you need to process tapped memories or whether they act as if they were always there.

Conversely, you might be able to tap mental speed to allow you to process more tapped memories at once, though that works under the assumption that they need to be processed when tapped.

Daily Feruchemy Analysis Day 6:

F-Brass

Tgis one is actually pretty cool. Obviously being able to artificially regulate your own temperature is very nice for daily life, but is also great for first responders. Either in the dead of winter or against the greatest of fires, you are there to help. Also, the idea of a super heated or super cooled hand to hand fight also seems quite fun. Is it as powerful as F-Pewter or F-Zinc? I don’t know. However, it seems to be a lot more fun, so I’ll put it just above em for now.

Rating: 7.5/10

and I do apologize for the very short and snappy posts, but for the last few posts I’ve basically rushed to get em down last moment. And frankly, at least for these ones, the analysis is pretty low. I mean, how much can ya really do with regulating body temp besides the obvious? Not too much. At least I don’t think so….

7 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

I mean, how much can ya really do with regulating body temp besides the obvious? Not too much. At least I don’t think so….

I wonder if it would make digesting faster? Not sure on how metabolism works, but if your stomach is cooler, would it be able to intuitively put more work into digesting? As well as this, it could make you use less water?? maybe? 
It seems to be very useful in survival situations, I guess. Almost leaning into Bendalloy with this one, but whatever.

Still nowhere near as impressive as Cadmium. The true cult of F-cadmium will rise. Mark my words.

3 hours ago, Njvodin said:

I wonder if it would make digesting faster? Not sure on how metabolism works, but if your stomach is cooler, would it be able to intuitively put more work into digesting? As well as this, it could make you use less water?? maybe? 
It seems to be very useful in survival situations, I guess. Almost leaning into Bendalloy with this one, but whatever.

Still nowhere near as impressive as Cadmium. The true cult of F-cadmium will rise. Mark my words.

Mmm. Now I’m looking forward to F-Cadmium day!

12 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

and I do apologize for the very short and snappy posts, but for the last few posts I’ve basically rushed to get em down last moment. And frankly, at least for these ones, the analysis is pretty low. I mean, how much can ya really do with regulating body temp besides the obvious? Not too much. At least I don’t think so….

Scadrian Arts really only seem exemplary when there's another one- of the same variety or not- to throw in the mix. F-Steel and F-Zinc, for example, work well together, allowing you to store at similar rates to make reality seem normal, even when you move and think slower. F-Iron and A-Steel, as shown by Wax, allow for some neat tricks relating to how Steelpush force works. On their own, unless you go super in-depth, they aren't that exciting to look at.

However, to benefit this thread:

12 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

Daily Feruchemy Analysis Day 6:

F-Brass

Good analysis! I feel like there's more to be said for survivability, as with the proper Intent or whatnot you could be able to heat up your hands to a superhuman level and potentially cook food, or at least neutralize some bacteria. Being able to control what part of your body to heat and cool, potentially simultaneously, works well for that two-handed example.

With one hand, each punch will cook their flesh. With the other, each punch will bleed out a bit of the opponent's body heat. Combine that with an already hot/already cold environment, and a Firesoul can become quite effective. Beyond that, it might be able to have a similar effect to A-Tin, where if you are in danger of being knocked unconscious, you can store all your heat in a burst to give you the effect of dumping a bucket of ice on your head to wake you up. 

Another note, and this one is purely speculative, but the only hard limit for the temperature would be the Brassminds themselves melting, and if you can control what aspects of your body are superheated or whatnot, then you can exceed that as well. This begs the question that since it is technically a 'Physical' metal (since it was originally a hybrid metal but got swapped with Electrum, and Hybrid is 'essentially another physical category'), what effect would the body grow to have once it reaches a superhuman level?

Could it reach a level of insulation that could serve as a protective shell? Would it just put the sweat glands into overdrive? Maybe it won't have that much of an effect, as overtapping Health or Breath or Nutrients doesn't physically alter the body to make it able to withstand such things (however, maybe there's a change on the organ level? For nutrients, maybe they have a more effective/less effective digestive system? For health, more effective/less effective immune system? Breath, obviously bigger/more effective or smaller/less effective lungs? And to that extent, maybe heat/cold only affects the body's sweating rate, or production of hair as an insulator, or whatever?)

I'm no biologist or anatomy specialist, so I have a feeling I'm out of my depth here (and am welcoming corrections), but there are plenty of theories to be made about Firesouls. Just gotta test the limits a little, and let people prove you wrong in some areas, and right in others. 

EDIT:

5 hours ago, Njvodin said:

Well, it seems we're starting up a lot of Feruchemical Cults, one in each category. Koloss has F-Tin, Njvodin claims F-Cadmium, so I shall claim F-Chromium, in order to keep our cults separate. Now time to find out how to start a cult around a metallic art...:ph34r:

Edited by Voidwatcher
add-on + fix

16 minutes ago, Voidwatcher said:

Well, it seems we're starting up a lot of Feruchemical Cults, one in each category. Koloss has F-Tin, Njvodin claims F-Cadmium, so I shall claim F-Chromium, in order to keep our cults separate. Now time to find out how to start a cult around a metallic art...:ph34r:

Join the social guilds! That’s where mine is located.

41 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

Join the social guilds! That’s where mine is located.

I see. I might reconsider my picking if I do make it that official, as F-Chromium is mostly cool due to the fact we don't even know anything about it. (Plus, while reading through your F-Tin thread, somebody had already picked up F-Duralumin, so I might have to double-dip in a category, as the Cognitive category doesn't seem all that appealing to me.)

Thanks for the advice, even if we become cult leader enemies (or have an alliance) :)

Daily Feruchemy Analysis Day 7:

F-Copper

Well, this is well regarded to be one of the best Feruchemantic metals. And frankly, I think it’s for good reason. Immediate memory recall is really handy. Now admittedly, it isn’t constant memory recall, as you still have to access it, but it’s still really solid. It won’t make you good at everything, as a lot of skills are improved by constant use, but has there not been F-Tin, I would say this is the most versatile feruchemantic metal.

Rating: 8.5/10. Really good. It doesn’t increase your physical capabilities, but it enhances your mental capabilities so much that it more than makes up for that.

I mean, as huge nerds that crave lore, we’re all pretty biased towards this one :D

Edited by Koloss17