Kelsier's body

Stick The Savant

When he appears in era two Kelsier looks mostly like he did in era 1 (aside from the spike in his eye) when it comes to cognitive shadows it seems that only the Heralds are able to create new bodies (as far as we've seen). They don't seem to need anything extra like the Fused being required to take a body. this is notable because I think Kelsier has similarities to one or both of these kinds of returned. is it possible that one of the Ghostblood's first objectives on Roshar was gathering intel on how the Heralds create bodies when they return from braize or how the Fused are able to "comandeer" a body so that Kelsier could imitate those cognitive shadows and get a body?

I think Kelsier would be more similar to the Heralds since the Fused's apperance is influenced by their host body.

49 minutes ago, Stick The Savant said:

When he appears in era two Kelsier looks mostly like he did in era 1 (aside from the spike in his eye) when it comes to cognitive shadows it seems that only the Heralds are able to create new bodies (as far as we've seen). They don't seem to need anything extra like the Fused being required to take a body. this is notable because I think Kelsier has similarities to one or both of these kinds of returned. is it possible that one of the Ghostblood's first objectives on Roshar was gathering intel on how the Heralds create bodies when they return from braize or how the Fused are able to "comandeer" a body so that Kelsier could imitate those cognitive shadows and get a body?

I think Kelsier would be more similar to the Heralds since the Fused's apperance is influenced by their host body.

Well we know that Kelsier has actually "stapled" himself onto a mistwraith that was given his bones so that he could maintain his appearance, so in a way he still looks like his host body, but because it's a mistwraith he still looks like himself.

Spoiler

rxience (paraphrased)

Would a single spike be sufficient to staple a Cognitive Shadow to a mistwraith?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Yes, that could happen.

rxience (paraphrased)

Did that happen in the past?

That's a RAFO, I'm afraid. Who are you thinking about?

rxience (paraphrased)

Kelsier of course!

Well, he is somehow in the Physical Realm. And he does look like himself, doesn't he?

As we don't know how Heralds actually return, Kelsier's for of returning is most similar to Fused. It is also possible that he returned without the help of knowledge of how Cognitive Shadows on Roshar return.

5 hours ago, Stick The Savant said:

They don't seem to need anything extra like the Fused being required to take a body. this is notable because I think Kelsier has similarities to one or both of these kinds of returned. is it possible that one of the Ghostblood's first objectives on Roshar was gathering intel on how the Heralds create bodies when they return from braize or how the Fused are able to "comandeer" a body so that Kelsier could imitate those cognitive shadows and get a body?

This is definitely one of his current objectives, but as already said, Kelsier's body is a mistwraith wearing his bones, not his own body. He managed to get this body around 10 years after Catacendre, because he appeared among Malwish in his spiked body (BoM epilogue) - that's too early for Ghostbloods to gather any intel, and too early for them to speak to Heralds or know about their nature.

The problem is, which he is aware of, that he lacks connection to PR, and that's what he needs to get back, to connect himself back to his original set of bones (or other body) - for this BAM, who can manipulate connection, would be very useful.