Best Brandon character *spoilers*

Zarepath

This seems mostly focusesd on SA characters, but what about Kelsier?

Wife dies? MURDER EVERYONE.

Attacked by Hazekillers? MURDER EVERYONE.

Ska getting executed? MURDER EVERYONE. INCLUDING A FREAKING INQUISITOR.

The only person who could kill him was a God!

Or what about Vin? Faced with a basically immortal guy you have always considered a god who is trying to kill you? Rip pieces of metal out of his body and cut off his head with a spear. And since we're already doing memes here:

LikeABossVin.png

EDIT: How can I make that image smaller? It's quite large? Also, should this thread be marked "Spoilers"?

Edited by Commander Spoonface

It definitely should be marked for spoilers.

Also, I agree that Ati and Laras were cool. The force of evil vs the lying, cheating, breaking his word force of good. :D Kelsier... well, murdering everyone isn't awsome, it's homicidal. ;-) I liked him anyway but not as much as some others.

I really liked Sazed, I'm very happy with his ending. TenSoon was good, too. And Breeze. And Lord Ruler was cool, too, when you think about it. Honorable mention goes to Marsh, especially for the earring.

In Warbreaker... well, everyone was interesting, especially Vasher and his homicidal sword. Oh, and Lightsong, he was great! Susebron was so very sweet.

In AoL i really like Steris, Marasi is nice as a character but a bit cliched as a love interest.

And Hoid is cool because he deals with metaplot. :D

And go read Mythwalker if you haven't, Ix is great! I want him in a published book (Skeer too!)... and if you don't like Warbreaker's Vivienna, compare her to the prime version, it was much worse. Devin is also an interesing character for me, because he's a conformist and I like characters who aren't morally perfect, because they're three-dimensional.

Yes, Kaladin, I'm looking at you.

And I also don't care how many fathers has Shallan killed — it is flirting with a guy she doesn't relly want to get into a relationship with and lying to Jasnah that makes her interesting. Big evils from a protagonist create drama, small evils create an interesting character.

Edited by Eri

If someone can photoshop Shattered Plains on the background of this it'll be even more win.

Done. That took longer than I thought it would.

post-1018-0-62638800-1326096915_thumb.jp

EDIT: And this one with white letters on both. I didn't realize how dark the background would be when I changed the letters to black at first.

post-1018-0-52537500-1326104036_thumb.jp

Edited by Kurkistan

Done.

Hurray.

Speaking of which, this could be the beginning of some sort of new fad around here, as demonstrated by the Vin one above.

Further gushing:

Leras and Ati don't need any explanation.

Lord Ruler wasn't like a boss. He was the boss. Boss of the whole world, for a thousand years. Plus everything he did, he did for the world. Or at least tried to. Shame he went nuts but I'm sure no mortal could stay nonnuts in his position.

Vin is full of win. It took Sanderson a whole trilogy to explain her awesomeness, me trying here would be so pointless.

Hrathen is the perfect villain: he's strong, he's smart, he's dedicated, he has a PLAN; who goes off like a champ at the end, after conquering his own failings.

Dalinar has already been gushed on adequately in this thread.

Kelsier is Batman. True story. He'd be right at home in a superhero comics universe. Stuff we like about superheroes applies for Kelsier. Denth on the other hand, is more or less Kelsier's mirror image. He could hang out with Kelsier in that comics universe as his evil twin/nemesis. Stuff we like about supervillains applies for Denth.

Edited by Chicken

Lord Ruler wasn't like a boss. He was the boss. Boss of the whole world, for a thousand years. Plus everything he did, he did for the world. Or at least tried to. Shame he went nuts but I'm sure no mortal could stay nonnuts in his position.

Rule an Empire!

LIKE A BOSS.

Be immortal!

LIKE A BOSS.

Compound Atium!

LIKE A BOSS.

Kill a Mistborn!

LIKE A BOSS.

Write in metal!

LIKE A BOSS.

Be from Terris!

LIKE A BOSS.

Fight another Mistborn!

LIKE A BOSS.

Now I'm dead!

LIKE A BOSS.

Susebron: So that's an average day for you, Rashek? Fight two Mistborn and then die?

Rashek: Absolutely. I'm the boss.

EDIT: Some additional lines:

Kill Alendi!

LIKE A BOSS.

Drink Preservation!

LIKE A BOSS.

Screw up the world!

LIKE A BOSS.

Make the Ashmounts!

LIKE A BOSS.

Persecute Terris!

LIKE A BOSS.

Control their breeding!

LIKE A BOSS.

Make the Kandra!

LIKE A BOSS.

Also the Koloss!

LIKE A BOSS.

Use Hemalurgy!

LIKE A BOSS.

Go insane!

LIKE A BOSS.

Make Steel Inquisitors!

LIKE A BOSS.

Eat some waffles!

LIKE A BOSS.

(Word of God confirms waffles exist in The Final Empire)

Also, if you check the beginning of the thread "FREAKIN' SPACE TRAVEL!", you'll see that a full Mistborn Feruchemist (like TLR) could use compounding to survive and travel in space. If Kelsier is Batman, TLR is Superman.

Also, if you check the beginning of the thread "FREAKIN' SPACE TRAVEL!", you'll see that a full Mistborn Feruchemist (like TLR) could use compounding to survive and travel in space. If Kelsier is Batman, TLR is Superman.

But can he fly around Scadrial backwards and turn back time?

Okay, I'm really bad at picking favorite characters (because my favorite Brandon book is whichever I'm reading right now) but I'm going to try.

Scratch that. I tried. I backspaced a bunch of times. Can we just all agree that all these characters are awesome? If I had to pick some tops I'd go with Kaladin, Dalinar, Szeth, Vin, Elend, Kelsier, Wax, Denth, and Vasher. And Nightblood. He totally counts too.

Sadeas is probably my favorite villian ever. Just because he's such a jerkface and every time I read WoK, he convinces me that he's not going to betray Dalinar this time. (Also, I have a somewhat irrational fear that book endings will change on me when I re-read them. I blame the Great Good Thing.) Taravangian and Ruin come close too.

Special mention to Demoux, who was apparently awesome enough to learn to worldhop and possibly join Seventeenth Shard. Bridge 4, especially Rock. And, hey, let's throw Ix in for good measure.

People who wouldn't make the list? Shallan, Vivenna, Siri, and Sarene are probably the characters I connected with least.

Wow. I'm sexist. Only 1 girl in my favorites and 4 in my least favorites? Hmm. Makes me want to add Jasnah or Navani to the favorites just to balance it all out.

Best Brandon character? Duh, it's Leavenworth Smedry!

EDIT: The explanation arrived late to this thread, sorry.

Why is he the best? Because he's awesome. And he's old. And as we all now,

G=I*A*N*S

That is to say, Gross Awesomeness is equal to Inherent Awesome times age times the Ninja Constant (1 if they are not a ninja, 8.74563 if they are), times how many shoes they can wear at one time.

Math!

I think I like Elend.

Maybe he's not a uber-over-the-top guy like the ones you have been choosing, but I feel he was really well-portrayed. he was a freak in Luthadel society without being too much as a freak to be unbelieable. I could see him reading in those balls and felt a kind of... identification with him, it was a mixture of that desire he had of annoying his father... and plain boredom. And how he is kind about skaa but more out of curiosity than because he really understands them.

... and then all his doubts on the second book, oh, there were such a good essay about leading, democracy and dictatorship... somehow, I think everything Elend asked himself is whyat every honest ruler asks himself, sooner or later.

I forgot to mention my other favorite character, Wit/Hoid from the Way of Kings. This might be cheating a bit but I found his teasing to be hilarious throughout the book. I hope that he is acting at least somewhat like himself. I'd be disappointed if the whole funny guy thing was just an act.

Wayne from AoL is almost too interesting for his own good.

• He is funny
  • He can alter time
  • He can rapidly heal himself
  • He is a kleptomaniac
  • He refuses to use guns
  • He is a master of disguise
  • He likes girls who can beat him up
  • and he has a lucky hat

What is not to love?