Do you think magnets would hold onto shards?

Tamriel Wolfsbaine

Do you think magnets would stick to a piece of shardplate?   

19 members have voted

1. 1. Will magnets stick to shardplate or shardblade?

• Yes
    • No

A quick google says that whether a metal is magnetic has to do with the spin of the electrons all being in sync.  So I'd submit that a highly ordered shard like Honor would have a magnetic godmetal, but a chaotic shard like Ruin would have a non-magnetic godmetal.

Disclaimer: I have no idea what I'm talking about and am just guessing.

1 hour ago, Jozomby said:

A quick google says that whether a metal is magnetic has to do with the spin of the electrons all being in sync.  So I'd submit that a highly ordered shard like Honor would have a magnetic godmetal, but a chaotic shard like Ruin would have a non-magnetic godmetal.

That is very reasonable assumption.

So do we all :D

Headcanon accepted! 

So to the OP, the question is whether the Cultivation alloy in Rosharan Shardblades and Shardplate would also be that Orderly and thus magnetic, or if it would introduce too much variation and prevent it (the way Nickel and Chromium do in Stainless Steel).

5 hours ago, Jozomby said:

Until Brandon says otherwise this is what I believe.

On 9/18/2023 at 2:05 PM, Quantus said:

So to the OP, the question is whether the Cultivation alloy in Rosharan Shardblades and Shardplate would also be that Orderly and thus magnetic, or if it would introduce too much variation and prevent it (the way Nickel and Chromium do in Stainless Steel).

Towerlight's rhythm (Avastium?) evokes the "boundless energy of Cultivation, always growing and changing, and the calm solidity of Honor - organized, structured." It's still structured but it now grows. I think it might be the equivalent of an investure Electromagnet, so when investure is running though it, it's magnetic.  

1 hour ago, Argenti said:

Towerlight's rhythm (Avastium?) evokes the "boundless energy of Cultivation, always growing and changing, and the calm solidity of Honor - organized, structured." It's still structured but it now grows. I think it might be the equivalent of an investure Electromagnet, so when investure is running though it, it's magnetic.  

Possibly but that feels off since there already exists the broader distinction between static and kinetic Investiture that mimicks that behavior, consistent across all shards and systems.