Ask Wit Anything

ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

Is your name russian? What's the translation? PLEASE explain.

A genie gives you 3 wishes, but he will only grant wishes that will noticeably make your life worse. He loves loopholes though so if you find one that isn't wishing for the rules not to exist, he'll be happy to grant the wish. What do you wish for?

What time do you plan on waking up tomorrow?

On 9/5/2023 at 10:35 PM, Bondsmith-Edgedancer said:

Is your name russian?

No. It is written with Greek letters.

What's the translation? PLEASE explain.

So the idea is that you read the letters as English ones that are in font. If you do that, it says WitistheBest. If you plug ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ into a translator, it isn’t a Greek word. But it will probably say grilled vest because Google translate in bad.

A genie gives you 3 wishes, but he will only grant wishes that will noticeably make your life worse. He loves loopholes though so if you find one that isn't wishing for the rules not to exist, he'll be happy to grant the wish. What do you wish for?

I wish that a stack of paper would fall on me once a month and give me a paper cut. The paper is also money.

I wish that I would be glued to a piano for 3 hours everyday.

I wish that I had to write until my hand hurt everyday.

What time do you plan on waking up tomorrow?

5:30 am

Edited by ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

Who do you think Zellion is?

What’s your opinion on Stick?

Two members of a criminal gang are arrested and imprisoned. Each prisoner is in solitary confinement with no means of speaking to or exchanging messages with the other. The police admit they don't have enough evidence to convict the pair on the principal charge. They plan to sentence both to a year in prison on a lesser charge. Simultaneously, the police offer each prisoner a Faustian Bargain. If he testifies against his partner, he will go free while the partner will get three years in prison on the main charge. Oh, yes, there is a catch ... If both prisoners testify against each other, both will be sentenced to two years in jail. The prisoners are given a little time to think this over, but in no case may either learn what the other has decided until he has irrevocably made his decision. Each is informed that the other prisoner is being offered the very same deal. Each prisoner is concerned only with his own welfare—with minimizing his own prison sentence. What do you do? (Copied from Wikipedia, which took it from William Poundstone’s 1993 book Prisoner’s Dilemma).

35 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Who do you think Zellion is?

What’s your opinion on Stick?

Two members of a criminal gang are arrested and imprisoned. Each prisoner is in solitary confinement with no means of speaking to or exchanging messages with the other. The police admit they don't have enough evidence to convict the pair on the principal charge. They plan to sentence both to a year in prison on a lesser charge. Simultaneously, the police offer each prisoner a Faustian Bargain. If he testifies against his partner, he will go free while the partner will get three years in prison on the main charge. Oh, yes, there is a catch ... If both prisoners testify against each other, both will be sentenced to two years in jail. The prisoners are given a little time to think this over, but in no case may either learn what the other has decided until he has irrevocably made his decision. Each is informed that the other prisoner is being offered the very same deal. Each prisoner is concerned only with his own welfare—with minimizing his own prison sentence. What do you do? (Copied from Wikipedia, which took it from William Poundstone’s 1993 book Prisoner’s Dilemma).

Zellion? I have heard the word mentioned, but I do not know.

I AM A STICK

That is a really good riddle. I will get back to you on it.

Ok @Ravenclawjedi42 I have spent the entire day pondering and have asked many people I respect greatly about his riddle. First of all I would clarify that your purpose… is too get them out? But I have no answer. 

Nothing else huh? Well this is easy.

Edited by ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

• 3 weeks later...

Let's say hypothetically someone walks up to you many years from now, and asks you if you want to see a magic trick. He shows you a shuffled deck, and asks you to pull out any card randomly, saying he has already predicted which card you'll choose. Then, after you've pulled out a card, he reveals that it wasn't actually him that predicted what card you would choose, it was YOU. Many years in the past. Sure enough he directs you to a message you posted online years ago, predicting which card you would chose. You flip over the card, and IT MATCHES.

What card did you just flip over in this very hypothetical scenario? ;)

33 minutes ago, The Isochronism said:

Let's say hypothetically someone walks up to you many years from now, and asks you if you want to see a magic trick. He shows you a shuffled deck, and asks you to pull out any card randomly, saying he has already predicted which card you'll choose. Then, after you've pulled out a card, he reveals that it wasn't actually him that predicted what card you would choose, it was YOU. Many years in the past. Sure enough he directs you to a message you posted online years ago, predicting which card you would chose. You flip over the card, and IT MATCHES.

What card did you just flip over in this very hypothetical scenario? ;)

This feels like a set up.  It is a good trick, and as one hwo has studied and learned a lot of magic tricks, I appreciate that. The card would be the six of diamonds.

7 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

This feels like a set up.  It is a good trick, and as one hwo has studied and learned a lot of magic tricks, I appreciate that. The card would be the six of diamonds.

Ah, good to know. Always nice to meet a fellow amuture magician.

3 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

“Armature”?

I mean... how much do you get payed to do magic? If you're anything like me, and get payed $0, it really doesn't matter how good you are. Even if you're as good as I am, (which is... possible, but unlikely) you're still amateur.

Or was this a comment about my spelling mistake? :D 

1 hour ago, The Isochronism said:

I mean... how much do you get payed to do magic? If you're anything like me, and get payed $0, it really doesn't matter how good you are. Even if you're as good as I am, (which is... possible, but unlikely) you're still amateur.

Or was this a comment about my spelling mistake? :D 

No I am joking I get paid anywhere from $0 - $0so i feel you. I am an amature, but I do love magic.

• 2 weeks later...

What is the best kind of bread?

Are you dressing up for halloween and if so what are you being?

Have you ever been to Arizona?

How many times have you eaten avocado on toast? 

Do you enjoy Gatorade?

If you had to pick between 7up and Sprite what would it be?

If trapped in an elevator what would you do?

9 hours ago, Justice_Magician said:

What is the best kind of bread?

Are you dressing up for halloween and if so what are you being?

Have you ever been to Arizona?

How many times have you eaten avocado on toast? 

Do you enjoy Gatorade?

If you had to pick between 7up and Sprite what would it be?

If trapped in an elevator what would you do?

Sourdugh

Indiana Jones is the current plan

I live in Arizona 

Once and that was enough

i do. It is good.

”Choose the sprite, when the coke is placed before you. In its light, the holy sprit guides.”

I would call the something button thing.

14 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Sourdugh

Indiana Jones is the current plan

I live in Arizona 

Once and that was enough

i do. It is good.

”Choose the sprite, when the coke is placed before you. In its light, the holy sprit guides.”

I would call the something button thing.

Gesp John Bytheway!

• 3 weeks later...