Howdy

ShardWolf

So, I'm Chris/ShardWolf. I guess the long and the short of this is that I am getting into the cosmere books. The sheer depth of them blew my mind and I started playing around on here. I saw a lot of cool stuff so I figured I would join in. 

I have read Mistborn (of course, it is the gateway series), Stormlight, I tried reading Elantris and couldn't get into it but I still have it, and Warbreaker.

Anyway, I look forward to see how things go! 

So, I'm Chris/ShardWolf. I guess the long and the short of this is that I am getting into the cosmere books. The sheer depth of them blew my mind and I started playing around on here. I saw a lot of cool stuff so I figured I would join in.

I have read Mistborn (of course, it is the gateway series), Stormlight, I tried reading Elantris and couldn't get into it but I still have it, and Warbreaker.

Anyway, I look forward to see how things go!

Welcome!! :)

Have an upvote :)

Welcome to 17S! Land of crazy sanderson obsessed people! My phone autocorrects to cosmere terms now! If you want to do regular non book forum stuff, we have RP guild type things, and periodic Sanderson themed games of mafia. Also, lots of fun stuff in the General Sanderson discussion bit.

Everyone stole all the good greetings already. Guess I could try asking your House Words or something...

Oh well. Welcome! Glad to see I'm not the only one who found Elantris a tough book to get through.

Elantris is not the easiest book to start. It took me three or four times before I finally cranked down and chugged through it. I didn't even really enjoy it for the first 180 pages, but I was determined and finally got through it and really enjoyed it once I finished.

@Swim: Haha that is awesome! Oddly enough, I have seen that movie before.

@Panda: Thanks! dig your name too!

@Kellanved: I dunno about bigger or stronger but perhaps faster and smarter. Thinking on it, a shardwolf sounds like an interesting concept.

@Quite: Thanks! 

@Delightful: I plan on it! I really dig intelligent literary conversations. It's part of my gig, really.

@Voidus: Spikes? I haven't seen Marsh or TLR around ;)

@Quiver: House words...hrmmm "I am wolf, so it shall be, now and forever." How's that work? Also, I think my deal with Elantris is that (if I remember correctly) it's his first book. They are often a pretty hard pill to swallow.

@Quite:  I might just have to do that. It isn't that it's poorly written I think, from my stand point...the text reads how the world feels? I think that's accurate.

Thanks again all! I'll poke around the forums and see what trouble I can dig up. I think what actually sucked me in here was the WoR puzzle that started with Chapter 78.

• Chaos locked this topic