The Untitled RP

Szeth_Pancakes

30 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"The [redacted] was that?"

Is ship boarding a thing?

In response, Dr. Strohger attempted to communicate with the ship again. 

it doesn't appear that they have a communication array. I thought all ships were required to have it.

Then it struck him. All legal ships were required to have communicators. They were in an illegal vessel, probably doing illegal things. 

So Dr. Strohger attacked. He sent a whole lot of tracking missiles at them, as many as could. 

Lets see if they can dodge that, he thought.

6 hours ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

So many people had tried to kill Allera in the past three years that they weren’t even phased when the strange vessel ran their ship out of hyperspace. “Engage defensive maneuvers,” they told the control panel. “Calculate probable safe jumping point.”

"What's going on?"

Sorry for my nonresponseiveness, my area has a bajillion powerouts right now

Sliver narrowed her eyes. "Either they don't have comms systems or they're not responding. Do you want me to send out a comms spike or three?" - they should be small enough to be dismissed as harmless - "Or do you want me to just skip straight to the heavy weapons?"

1 minute ago, Quirksliver said:

Sliver narrowed her eyes. "Either they don't have comms systems or they're not responding. Do you want me to send out a comms spike or three?" - they should be small enough to be dismissed as harmless - "Or do you want me to just skip straight to the heavy weapons?"

"How about both." Dr. Strohger said, "A little fear can't be a bad thing." 

Especially when you're trying to deliver justice. He thought.

25 minutes ago, Exotwo said:

"How about both." Dr. Strohger said, "A little fear can't be a bad thing." 

Especially when you're trying to deliver justice. He thought.

Sliver sent off the spikes and a couple missiles meant to herd the starship into the comm spikes' path. "Disable or destroy?"

1 hour ago, Quirksliver said:

Sliver sent off the spikes and a couple missiles meant to herd the starship into the comm spikes' path. "Disable or destroy?"

"Just disable it. I want to know what they are up to." Dr. Strohger said. 

@Szeth_Pancakes

Edited by Exotwo
Respond... Or else... :)

7 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Do you happen to have any space suits?" Ayia asked. "Or, like... mini breakoff starships?"

“Two space suits. No ancillaries — this ship isn’t big enough for that, unfortunately.”

On 6/29/2023 at 3:51 PM, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"What's going on?"

“Someone’s trying to attack us. Not sure who. Hang tight — I’ve got this.”

On 6/29/2023 at 11:47 AM, Exotwo said:

In response, Dr. Strohger attempted to communicate with the ship again. 

it doesn't appear that they have a communication array. I thought all ships were required to have it.

Then it struck him. All legal ships were required to have communicators. They were in an illegal vessel, probably doing illegal things. 

So Dr. Strohger attacked. He sent a whole lot of tracking missiles at them, as many as could. 

Let’s see if they can dodge that, he thought.

Allera’s ship expertly curved between the missiles; attempting to send them back towards the hostile vessel. One clipped the side of it, and a warning light flashed on the control panel, but the inner systems of the ship appeared undamaged.

2 hours ago, Quirksliver said:

Kinda dome-shaped, with thrusters on the bottom and smaller ones on the side. Imagine, like, a tall UFO.

1 hour ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

“Two space suits. No ancillaries — this ship isn’t big enough for that, unfortunately.”

“Someone’s trying to attack us. Not sure who. Hang tight — I’ve got this.”

Allera’s ship expertly curved between the missiles; attempting to send them back towards the hostile vessel. One clipped the side of it, and a warning light flashed on the control panel, but the inner systems of the ship appeared undamaged.

Dr. Strohger smiled as one of the missiles skimmed the surface of the ship. Silver's aim truely was immaculate. There was a reason he had kept her. The doctor may have lacked percision, but Silver made up for it.  

I could totally destroy them right now. 

He put that thought into the back of his head. No, he needed them alive. He needed all the weird people on the ship. Preferably alive.

He causually dodged the missiles. Their flying domeship thing had surprising dexterity for a primitive vessel, or the pilot was really good. 

them not having communicators made everything difficult. Let's hope they don't run, Dr. Strohger thought. That would be the ultimate mistake. abandoning their vessel would leave them in open space with nothing for lightyears.

Not open space. Empty space. Territorial space. Space owned by families who would want to know why Strohger had left two corpses around, and flown off.

Which would, of course, mean that Strohger would have to save them or suffer legal wrath. Again. 

Well, they did get hit, which means their power should be out any moment now...

"Silver, could we try to avoid killing them? Try something non-lethal that'll get them out of their ship. if they are dead, we will anger the rich who own this area. So lets try to avoid that."

Dr. Strohger waited for their next move.

@Szeth_Pancakes @Quirksliver

I'm not assuming the comm spikes hit, Sliver's just checking.

"Something less lethal. Got it." EMP missiles. The effect wouldn't last for long, but it should be long enough.

Of course, they would only work if she got them close enough to the engines, but that shouldn't be impossible even with the tricksy dodging. The best part was that they were, to all appearances, even standard ship's instruments, identical to the warheads. She even kept them in a warhead bay.

Sliver prepped the EMPs for use, then sent out a swarm of semi-smart missiles with flight instructions to keep the ship from dodging too much, then fired two EMPs, one aimed to clip the ship, one aimed to miss it, both placed to ensure that one of them would do the job.

That done, she pushed the comm spike button. "Can you hear me?"

Edited by Quirksliver

36 minutes ago, Quirksliver said:

"Something less lethal. Got it." EMP missiles. The effect wouldn't last for long, but it should be long enough.

Of course, they would only work if she got them close enough to the engines, but that shouldn't be impossible even with the tricksy dodging. The best part was that they were, to all appearances, even standard ship's instruments, identical to the warheads. She even kept them in a warhead bay.

Sliver prepped the EMPs for use, then sent out a swarm of semi-smart missiles with flight instructions to keep the ship from dodging too much, then fired two EMPs, one aimed to clip the ship, one aimed to miss it, both placed to ensure that one of them would do the job.

That done, she pushed the comm spike button. "Can you hear me?"

(um... dont  mind me asking, but what does EMP mean? also @PyroPhile @The Aspiring Archivist @Channelknight Fadranyou should prbly respond)

1 hour ago, Exotwo said:

(um... dont  mind me asking, but what does EMP mean? also @PyroPhile @The Aspiring Archivist @Channelknight Fadranyou should prbly respond)

Electromagnetic pulse is what EMP stands for but I'm just using it to mean "something that shuts things off for a bit"

They're sorta like the IMPs in Skyward, except these ones are missiles

They can make pretty much anything stop working, as long as it fits inside their area of effect - I think the largest thing that would be able to fit entirely without the missile being at the center of it would be a Poco, maybe a Largo.

Edited by Quirksliver

4 hours ago, Exotwo said:

Electro-Magnetic Pulse, used to disable electronic devices. I should mention that this wouldn't just stop the ship from moving, but would also probably impact things like life support. And would affect Silver's ship as well, probably.

@Quirksliver

2 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Important stuff ig

Then it'll probably be your ship. So, uh, you might wanna leave your ship before Silver accidentally knocks out the power grid. If you guys' ship blows up, Strohger will save you (bound by legal terms), so use that knowledge wisely.

@Szeth_Pancakes (you decide)

Edited by Exotwo
What does the ChannelKnight Fadren say?

She's a crack shot and a mechanic. Unless you keep your basic life support systems right next to your main engines, you'll be fine. (And if you do keep life support next to your main engines, she'll say you have bigger problems.)

Also they were specifically made to not have a large area of effect (if my size estimates are off I'm very sorry, but I'm pretty sure two house-sized ships aren't going to be less than two Pocos apart)

Edited by Quirksliver

Ah yes things are happening that are not SP3

More warning lights flashed on the control panel. “Gales—“ they shouted, before gravity (mitigated by the ship, of course, but there was only so much r-grav systems could do) flung the occupants of the ship, including the bed and drying rack, into the wall opposite the control panel. Allera slumped to the ground, gasping for breath.

56 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

More warning lights flashed on the control panel. “Gales—“ they shouted, before gravity (mitigated by the ship, of course, but there was only so much r-grav systems could do) flung the occupants of the ship, including the bed and drying rack, into the wall opposite the control panel. Allera slumped to the ground, gasping for breath.

( @PyroPhile your dude should prbly respond)

As something - or somethings lurched inside the flying dome ship, Dr. Strohger's hope for the group staying alive did as well.

Dr. Strohger had many emotions inside. Anger, at silver for her reckless attack. Fear, of the courts' rule against him. And despair, of the dome ship's inhabitants' fate.

He wanted to yell at Silver. But he controlled himself. He couldn't afford to kill her. No matter how incompetent her planning was.

"Stop firing." He directed to Silver, "Disable their movements, and then stay in their ship. I'm going to go negotiate."

Not waiting for her response he put on a spacesuit thing and left his vessel, floating towards the dome ship.

He trusted Silver to not disable his movement, which was probably a mistake in hindsight, and flew towards the round vessel. Hopefully they would see him coming and let him in. If not, well, that just complicated things.

(If you dont let him in he'll cur a hole in your ship to get in. and that will be real bad.)

@Quirksliver @Channelknight Fadran

20 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Finally.. some actual bloody hide to kick.

(Dont expect a fight. The doctor is only here for negotiations. And besides, we all know that Ayia would lose to Dr. Kanil Strohger anyways, since the doctor has not fought anyone in 12 years and has absolutely no strength. Same goes with the rest of you :) ~)