Kandra and steel/ iron allomancy.

So typically a allomancer shooting or yoiking coins and other metal objects has blue lines from their center of whatever (I want to say gravity or their gut or whatever but there is some cosmere spiritual realm term I am sure is slipping my mind). 

Anyways.  If Kandra can move their bind points do you think it is likely that they could shift this part of them as well and pull items / push items from any part of their body so long as that spiritual part of themselves is fluid?  

13 hours ago, Tamriel Wolfsbaine said:

So typically a allomancer shooting or yoiking coins and other metal objects has blue lines from their center of whatever (I want to say gravity or their gut or whatever but there is some cosmere spiritual realm term I am sure is slipping my mind). 

Center of their mass, but skilled Allomancer can push from a point of their body they want to. Kelsier during his fight with the inquisitor pulled and pushed on different parts of metal, not on the center of that metal's mass. You can do the same, changing the point from which steel lines come from your body. 

Spoiler

CameronAndersen

Do allomantic pushes and pulls apply forces only to an allomancer’s center of gravity?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, they do.

General Twitter 2011 (Jan. 25, 2011)

Spoiler

Questioner

I have a theory. Because the center of gravity for a female is naturally lower, but when Vin burns iron or steel, the blue lines come from her chest, does that come from her center of self, rather than the center of gravity?

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah. That's probably a more accurate way to put it. 

Questioner

Would it be possible for that to change, then? 

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, that is possible. I should say it like that, because it's not going to actually be... Because center of gravity, where you would actually put it, is not where I'm having those lines come from. You came in costume. You can just make that canon now and we will put that on all of the lists that that is what it is.

Starsight Release Party (Nov. 26, 2019)

Spoiler

Questioner

Where do the lines point, exactly, when burning steel or iron?

Brandon Sanderson

Generally, right toward your center.

Questioner

On the objects?

Brandon Sanderson

Oh, the objects. Center of mass, unless you are starting to get really good at it, whereupon you'll be able to kind of see a sort of spectrum that you can pull on and yank on.

Skyward Atlanta signing (Nov. 17, 2018)  

13 hours ago, Tamriel Wolfsbaine said:

Anyways.  If Kandra can move their bind points do you think it is likely that they could shift this part of them as well and pull items / push items from any part of their body so long as that spiritual part of themselves is fluid?  

If they don't have enough skill to change it, then they could just build or shift their muscles and bones in some direction to shift their center of mass to a different point. But that's time consuming and not practical during an active combat situation. They can just learn how to do this with enough practise without changing their body.

TLM spoilers:

Spoiler

Marsh crushed a gun between his hands by pull being applied from his one hand, and push from his other hand, not from his center of mass.

On 3/24/2023 at 7:24 AM, alder24 said:
Spoiler

Marsh crushed a gun between his hands by pull being applied from his one hand, and push from his other hand, not from his center of mass.

Um, I'm afraid the way you're describing this would not academically function. What he actually did was Push and Pull on it simultaneously, causing it to hover before him. Then, by Pushing on the close end and Pulling on the far end, he crushed it. No shifting of center involved there.

Edited by Longshot97