Theory: The Parshmen are NOT Voidbringers

pmj812

Given what we now know from Wyndle, can we say that spren are Cultivation's "consciousness" or maybe "body"? If so, what to make of honorspren? Perhaps spren are the joint-creations of both Cultivation and Honor?

FYI, Urithuru.  Information from the Steelhunt should not be discussed or even alluded to outside of the Steelhunt forum.  Also, any information from WoR cited in the Stormlight Archive forum should be put in spoiler tags out of respect for those who look on spoilers from future books as being undesirable.  We need to make sure we don't ambush these folks.

To do spoiler tags, do this (without the asterisk): [*spoiler]Spoilery text

Which will look like this:

Spoilery text

FYI, Urithuru.  Information from the Steelhunt should not be discussed or even alluded to outside of the Steelhunt forum.  Also, any information from WoR cited in the Stormlight Archive forum should be put in spoiler tags out of respect for those who look on spoilers from future books as being undesirable.  We need to make sure we don't ambush these folks.

To do spoiler tags, do this (without the asterisk): [*spoiler]Spoilery text

Which will look like this:

Spoilery text

Yeeps, sorry! I edited previous posts best I could. Spoilers are hidden. Should I delete any Steelhunt allusions?

It might be the most appropriate choice.  But, it is not that strong of an allusion (not particularly spoilerific), so I would not think it to be critical, as it were.  I would say it is up to you.  I mostly wanted to just bring those conventions to your attention.

I get the feeling that the Parshendi are creatures of Honor, especially with how they fight at the Tower.  The humans on Roshar feel a lot more like Odium's creatures than the Parshendi.  

With the thrill and the general behavior of humans on Roshar, I wonder if Odium brought the humans, and Honor "corrupted" them to his side.  Maybe the codes were his way of trying to keep humans from sliding back into their normal horrible behavior.

Edit: removed any spoilers, I don't think they were necessary for my point.  

Edited by Daishi5

• Chaos locked this topic