The 17S International Potluck in India TM

Cinnamon

16 minutes ago, Witless of Shinovar said:

Oh right, i totally forgot about the blood, let me go check the recipe again. *checks recipe* I found it, it says 3 teaspoons of @Cinnamon blood

Darn! I'm quite fond of my blood! I suppose It'd ruin the consistency of the bread if we used hair or something. Let me know if you want to make this recipe and I'll send you some blood (we should stop...) 

Edited by Cinnamon

Just now, Cinnamon said:

Darn! I'm quite fond of my blood! I suppose It'd ruin the consistency of the bread if we used hair or something. Let me know if you want to make this recipe and I'll send you some blood (we should stop...) 

yeah...we're probably going to get even weirder and darker really fast

I just found out the purpose of this place. (Thanks Cinnamon). I made some delicious Texas Sheet Cake today. It's easy to make if you have the ingredients and super delicious. It never lasts very long in my family. Here's the link.

https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a11901/best-chocolate-sheet-cake-recipe/

I also have a bit of advice if you ever want to make it.

Spoiler

- My family never has buttermilk, so my mom taught me to use milk, but just a little less than the required measurement, then add a little vinegar and let it sit a little.

- Read all the ingredients before you start to make sure you have what you need. 

- Frosting: It'll be sorta pretty runny. I always end up with a bit extra so there's frosting to eat with a spoon. :P. The nuts aren't required to be put in the frosting. I like it better without. Wait till there's 5 minutes left for the cake itself before you start making the frosting. Have all the ingredients ready before so you can do it fairly quickly. 

- Frosting powdered sugar: I never measure out a pound of powdered sugar. I just pour in and mix until I think I have the right consistency (don't add too much obviously but if you do too much you can add a little more milk)

Edited by Lord Gregorio

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Sequence... why are you "hm"ing?

Unrelated note, apparently I'm from England! I didn't know that! When did I move?

The country isn’t where you’re from (though I did put that if the food was as quite ambiguous or a part of multiple cultures) the country is where the food is from. Rice pudding is one of the most British dishes out there. I feel like Miss Marple just saying the words “rice pudding” :P

You can live in England if you want though, I’m not gonna stop you. Maybe you could meet @Shadowed or some of the other European Sharders! 

I was a Utahn once....

Anyway, I would bring coconut curry chicken.

On 2/26/2023 at 6:03 PM, Lord Gregorio said:

Hide contents

- My family never has buttermilk, so my mom taught me to use milk, but just a little less than the required measurement, then add a little vinegar and let it sit a little.

We use apple cider vinegar. We don't usually use actual milk, either. The measurements are either a tablespoon or a teaspoon (I don't remember which; I think it's a teaspoon) per cup of milk.

18 hours ago, AonDoor said:

We use apple cider vinegar. We don't usually use actual milk, either. The measurements are either a tablespoon or a teaspoon (I don't remember which; I think it's a teaspoon) per cup of milk.

Apple cider vinegar is a good idea. I think you're right. We normally put in around a teaspoon of vinegar in a bit less than a cup of milk and let it sit and mix for a few minutes.

On 3/10/2023 at 5:47 PM, Being of Cacophony said:

Sequence... why are you "hm"ing?

I'm trying to remember whether or not I'm an insanely rich person happy to fly a bunch of people out to India for an event that sounds really awesome.