Why is this forum so good?

I mean, is there any particular reason for Brandon Sanderson having such a dedicated and awesome forum? I mean it is so good, i have never seen anything close to it for other fandoms. Does Harry potter or LoTR have a forum like this?(Showing my complete ignorance I am guessing)

I think I have visited coppermind forums more times this last year than Google. I love this site so much, I wish other franchises had things like these.

The Coppermind forums have by itself kept the cosmere in my brain when I had no new cosmere book. It even persuaded me to read his non cosmere works, something i probably never would have done( as I don't read books i know nothing about)

What are some of the best forums you guys have seen? 

On 1/6/2023 at 9:06 AM, KaladinWorldsinger said:

I mean, is there any particular reason for Brandon Sanderson having such a dedicated and awesome forum? I mean it is so good, i have never seen anything close to it for other fandoms. Does Harry potter or LoTR have a forum like this?(Showing my complete ignorance I am guessing)

I think I have visited coppermind forums more times this last year than Google. I love this site so much, I wish other franchises had things like these.

The Coppermind forums have by itself kept the cosmere in my brain when I had no new cosmere book. It even persuaded me to read his non cosmere works, something i probably never would have done( as I don't read books i know nothing about)

SON OF HONOR. BRANDON SANDERSON FANS ARE NO OATHBREAKERS.

On 1/6/2023 at 9:06 AM, KaladinWorldsinger said:

and at least Game of Thrones readers have a fandom and wiki like ours.

1 hour ago, StormingTexan said:

Besides the awesome and dedicated staff one thing I think Brandon's fandom benefits from is how much interaction he has with fans. Half the stuff discussed here and what is in the Coppermind comes from Words of Brandon. 

Agreed! With other fandoms all we have is direct source material so only so much can be talked about. With the Shard we keep getting new hints and tidbits constantly because Sanderson is amazing that way. So we always have stuff to talk about!

Glad to know you're liking the forums and the Coppermind! I'm not Coppermind staff personally, but many of the other mods here are, and I think their secret is...working insanely hard. Like, maybe some of them should sleep more. ;) (I say, hypocritically, up at 2am...) 

4 hours ago, AonEne said:

Glad to know you're liking the forums and the Coppermind! I'm not Coppermind staff personally, but many of the other mods here are, and I think their secret is...working insanely hard. Like, maybe some of them should sleep more. ;) (I say, hypocritically, up at 2am...) 

Do you guys get.... paid?

Cuz I am starting to think you should. This is leagues beyond what any other fandom has right now

Edited by KaladinWorldsinger

I think one piece of the puzzle might be that because Brandon writes books that celebrate ideas like true friendship, diversity, and inclusion, he naturally attracts an audience that treasures those values as well. So of course we have a friendly, diverse, and inclusive fan base.  (Is my amazingly awesome modesty showing? ;))

• 3 weeks later...