The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Time for Season 2!

Channelknight Fadran

2 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Okay. One more time. Theo thought to himself, readying his pencil above the journal.

He began to write;

My name is Theodore Mortus. I'm 22 years old. My friends call me Theo. They would if I had any. Every time I get friends, they vanish, die, or leave me.

My father is dead. My mother has disappeared. My sister vanished into thin air, leaving behind a cryptic note talking about "The Group." I don't know what The Group is, I don't know if I want to know what it is.

I live alone, in the City, inside the Wall. I can use the Magic, but I am unskilled, barely trained. Sometimes, the Magic eludes me. Sometimes, it strikes with such force I have to use it for something.

My family, House Mortus, was once great. I was once great. Well, theoretically. My family belief is that every deceased Mortus lives on in the souls of the living Mortus'. I don't know how I feel about that.

The City is decent enough, despite what people may say about. Stick to your job, don't use the Magic too much, and you'll be fine.

Theo paused, the pencil hovering in place. He took a deep breath and shut the journal.

"Darkness below and light above," He cursed, "I hate doing this."

He flopped backwards on his bed, staring at the ceiling. The large insignia there stared back at him, a large eye, painted in black, with a skull for the pupil, and 4 crosses extending from the top, bottom, and sides. The symbol of House Mortus.

He stood, and made his way to the door, intending to go into the City, to do something.

You know it's going to be good when the parents are dead.

3 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Okay. One more time. Theo thought to himself, readying his pencil above the journal.

He began to write;

My name is Theodore Mortus. I'm 22 years old. My friends call me Theo. They would if I had any. Every time I get friends, they vanish, die, or leave me.

My father is dead. My mother has disappeared. My sister vanished into thin air, leaving behind a cryptic note talking about "The Group." I don't know what The Group is, I don't know if I want to know what it is.

I live alone, in the City, inside the Wall. I can use the Magic, but I am unskilled, barely trained. Sometimes, the Magic eludes me. Sometimes, it strikes with such force I have to use it for something.

My family, House Mortus, was once great. I was once great. Well, theoretically. My family belief is that every deceased Mortus lives on in the souls of the living Mortus'. I don't know how I feel about that.

The City is decent enough, despite what people may say about. Stick to your job, don't use the Magic too much, and you'll be fine.

Theo paused, the pencil hovering in place. He took a deep breath and shut the journal.

He flopped backwards on his bed, staring at the ceiling. The large insignia there stared back at him, a large eye, painted in black, with a skull for the pupil, and 4 crosses extending from the top, bottom, and sides. The symbol of House Mortus.

He stood, and made his way to the door, intending to go into the City, to do something.

*Wipes eyes* beautiful, just beautiful. Now, do you want to somehow show up at FotT HQ?

8 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

He began to write;

So how is he going to end up with a couple of snakey dudes as me and shining have been called?

Interesting story.

5 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Klave cleared his throat, having watched everything that had happened in a state of mild shock and pure confusion. "So... Tacien's gone. Are we going to chase after him, or just sit here like fools?"

Gone, his posture submissive and timid, looks up. "Well, I can go now..."

Rayvyn sheathes her knives and flips up her hood, pulling a pair of black gloves out of a hidden pocket and sliding them on familiarly. Knives sharp and poisoned, face hidden, soul alive. "I'm ready."

Actually, I might have to leave for like 20 minutes because humans are annoying...I promise I'll be back.

I was gone for like 2 hours and five more pages?!?!

honestly people.

Spoiler

And to think I have an overnight retreat this weekend that might prohibit me reading through the dozens of pages that pop up each hour:blink:

With my interaction with Goob’s character: [a few moments prior to present] (this interaction is just for congruence sake because I’m now with the main group)

EmLee saw that the man was doing something with bullets and slowly backed away. Oookaaayyy then… We’ll, I suppose I’ve met weirder. EmLee kept walking through the hallways.

And as for the present, assume that EmLee will just follow along with the group, because I have to go do real world things but hopefully I can hop on again sometime tonight (but I probably won’t be able to) and be of existence :P if Pyro keeps me updated but I can’t be actively following along, I can ask him to ‘control’ EmLee a bit so I don’t disappear.

7 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Klave shot Gone a glare, ruined face making quite the intimidating sight. "How could I be calm now?"

Gone shrank away, looking at his lap. "Sorry. But they're going as fast as they can."

by the way, Gone is a little kid. It's easy to miss.

Edited by Shallan Stormblessed

Just now, Shallan Stormblessed said:

Gone shrank away, looking at his lap. "Sorry."

Klave sighed, face softening. "No, you're right. Perhaps calm is too much to ask, but blind anger will not save Tacien. And you don't deserve my anger, in any case."

Woah, I leave for an hour and almost nothing! What happened?"

Rayvyn watched the interaction curiously. So perhaps this is a better way to communicate with people, a way that would seem more normal to them? She tried glaring like he had, but it felt wrong, aggressive but not powerful. "My magic is not useful for this type of thing, but once we arrive, I can bring any wounded back here quickly and return on my own. Do we need to make a plan?"

9 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

Dave quirked an eyebrow. "What kind of large?"

Obsidian regarded Dave for a moment. Then he extended his hand, reaching out to grab Dave's arm.

---

Ilvaite opened her eyes.

She was in a room she had never been in before. It was well furnished, but completely empty.

"Hello?" she called out.

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Not quite, but almost."

Time to get ready.

Pyro Evokes his Plasma orb to supply the Channeling of and make room for an orb that looks like a ball of lightning and an orb that looks like a sphere of blue ice.

36 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"No, you're right. Perhaps calm is too much to ask, but blind anger will not save Tacien. And you don't deserve my anger, in any case."

Gone's eyes widened.

He just said sorry. Why would he do that?

Klave studied Gone for a moment, face contemplative, then turned to Rayvyn. "A plan. I have a plan. we go to whatever place Tacien has been taken, retrieve him, and kill everyone there who is not a victim like Tacien." He hesitated. "Perhaps we could take a few captive, for interrogation. To ensure that we can entirely wipe out the organization behind the kidnapping."

6 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Klave studied Gone for a moment, face contemplative, then turned to Rayvyn. "A plan. I have a plan. we go to whatever place Tacien has been taken, retrieve him, and kill everyone there who is not a victim like Tacien." He hesitated. "Perhaps we could take a few captive, for interrogation. To ensure that we can entirely wipe out the organization behind the kidnapping."

"Woah." Cufre interjected. "Fadran is already preparing something. And wouldn't the safest thing just be to get in, grab Tacien, and get out?"

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Woah." Cufre interjected. "Fadran is already preparing something. And wouldn't the safest thing just be to get in, grab Tacien, and get out?"

Klave's voice was cold. "As I said. We get him out first, then kill the captors."