The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Time for Season 2!

Channelknight Fadran

Rayvyn smiles at the boy, trying to calm him. His first picture was of him climbing out of a window, but I didn't think much of it. She hesitates, then sends firmly, I won't give him to his brother without fighting, and trust me, I can fight. If he really did run away, then it was for a reason. 

2 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

Rayvyn smiles at the boy, trying to calm him. His first picture was of him climbing out of a window, but I didn't think much of it. She hesitates, then sends firmly, I won't give him to his brother without fighting, and trust me, I can fight. If he really did run away, then it was for a reason. 

The boy backed into a corner of the room and covered himself with his arms as though it would allow him to hide.

Someone knocked on her door.

Rayvyn swallowed, slipping out 2 more knives. I really am going through a lot of these today, she thought ruefully. Covering her nervousness with impatience, she opens the door and says, “Yes? What do you want?” 

2 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

Rayvyn swallowed, slipping out 2 more knives. I really am going through a lot of these today, she thought ruefully. Covering her nervousness with impatience, she opens the door and says, “Yes? What do you want?” 

The boy's brother stood at the door. They did look quite similar to each other. He saw the boy, who was cowering in the corner. "Oh, good. There he is." He went to go scoop up the small child.

3 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

"No," Rayvyn said, and suddenly her knife was at his throat. "You aren't taking him."

The boy froze, eyes wide. His voice wavered. "I... don't know who you are, but I'm his family. He needs to come home." The boy quivered in his brother's arms.

Rayvyn cocked her head, pulling her knife away and twirling it carefully. She was a different person with her knives in her hands. "Are you the reason he's hurt, the reason he won't talk? Family means nothing when you abuse the privilege."

Just now, Aes Sedai said:

Rayvyn cocked her head, pulling her knife away and twirling it carefully. She was a different person with her knives in her hands. "Are you the reason he's hurt, the reason he won't talk? Family means nothing when you abuse the privilege."

"What? The boy's never spoken a word in his life! He's never even nodded or shaken his head. We tried to teach him sign language, and that got nowhere. Don't you go accusing me of things you don't understand."

A swirling storm of amber leaves floated in the air, twisting and turning into a portal that opened, dumping a young woman of around 19 onto the ground. She stood and dusted her skirt, laughing.

"That was fun, Zir'ii!" She exclaimed. An amber ribbon of light twisted around her, eventually weaving itself into the form of a small dragon, a handspan tall. "Can we do it again?"

The tiny dragon settled onto her shoulder.

No, Eliira. We can do that only once a full moon cycle. He said to her mind.

"Wh- once a moon cycle? Zir'ii, why didn't you tell me earlier??" The tiny dragon made no reply. "Hmph." Eliira grunted. "Be that way, then."

She dusted herself again, sneezed, then turned to look at the sign hanging at the inn's door.

"Mishmash Inn..." She read. She turned and looked at Zir'ii. "Wanna go in?"

Why not? He grunted. Not like we can get back to the homeland anytime soon.

"Yeah, great, magical-ribbon-of-light-spren-thing." Eliira replied, walking to the door. She raised a hand to knock.

Hi! I'm here now! Wow, there are quite a few people!!! (Sorry to interrupt this smashing storyline haha)
Here's a sketch of Eliira. She was the first sketch of the New Year, actually, and one of my best so far!

Spoiler

IMG_0391.thumb.JPG.4018a5a31c763f0e7e47a4ea17afd8f0.JPG

(Quick Desc: 19, light amber eyes, golden hair, slightly tanned skin, brown boots, dark cream skirt, light cream pants, light cream undershirt, leather jerkin, dark brown shawl thingy.)

Edited by Telrao

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"What? The boy's never spoken a word in his life! He's never even nodded or shaken his head. We tried to teach him sign language, and that got nowhere. Don't you go accusing me of things you don't understand."

Rayvyn shrugs. "Where did he get the bruises?"

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He raised his eyebrows at her. "He's been on the street for over a year. What do you think?" He turned and began walking away with the shivering boy in his arms.

Rayvyn intercepts him. "Fair point," she acknowledges, knowing how harsh streets in any universe can be, "But I'm still not just going to let you take him." Addressing the boy, she says, "Is this what you want? Will he hurt you?" She grabs a paper from the stack and hands it to him with a pencil. The look in her eyes dares the brother to challenge her.

1 minute ago, Aes Sedai said:

Rayvyn intercepts him. "Fair point," she acknowledges, knowing how harsh streets in any universe can be, "But I'm still not just going to let you take him." Addressing the boy, she says, "Is this what you want? Will he hurt you?" She grabs a paper from the stack and hands it to him with a pencil. The look in her eyes dares the brother to challenge her.

The boy looked slightly calmed down, but still afraid. He drew a picture of himself, then his brother. They were absurdly detailed, but he made them both in minutes.

Taking one in his left hand and one in his right, he held them far apart.

Just now, Aes Sedai said:

Rayvyn raises an eyebrow at the brother. “You happen to forget any details about your relationship?”

He sighed. "We grew apart. Most siblings do. It didn't help that he never talked, and never even wanted to see people outside of the family. Just because we're distant doesn't mean he should be separated from his family."

14 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He sighed. "We grew apart. Most siblings do. It didn't help that he never talked, and never even wanted to see people outside of the family. Just because we're distant doesn't mean he should be separated from his family."

Klave spoke up from behind the stranger, expression dark. "If the child is your brother, then what is his name?"

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"You think I'm not his brother. Did you see what he just drew?"

"I saw it. And I see that the boy is afraid. Put him down." Klave put his hands together as if to take off one of his gloves. "Now, please."

Just now, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"I saw it. And I see that the boy is afraid. Put him down." Klave put his hands together as if to take off one of his gloves. "Now, please."

The boy was still shaking slightly as the brother put him down. "He's nervous, man. That's natural, especially for someone so young who's been through so much. I mean, he practically jumps out of his skin every time he sees a new person. He is my brother, I'm going to take him home."

The boy was still shaking slightly as the brother put him down. "He's nervous, man. That's natural, especially for someone so young who's been through so much. I mean, he practically jumps out of his skin every time he sees a new person. He is my brother, I'm going to take him home."

Klave nodded, hands relaxing to his sides. "Where is home? And what has he been through?"

"Home is in the city. And I wish I knew for sure. He's been missing for over a year."

"Well then, I'm sure you won't mind if I accompany you home?" Klave smiled grotesquely. "To make certain he's safe, and well-cared for."