Cellists Unite

14 hours ago, Telrao said:

*flautist invades* HEYO

Oh, hi. We're respectable humans so we won't throw you out. I guess. For now.

Welcome! You should play cello!

15 hours ago, Lotus Blossom said:

heyy! i've been playing the cello for a few years now, so i thought i'd post here and see if anyone replies lol  ^_^

Cool! What is your favorite thing you've played?

16 hours ago, Telrao said:

*flautist invades* HEYO

it's ok u can hang out

Also, guys, my cello teacher showed me this gorgeous cello piece that is now one of my favorite pieces of classical music:

https://youtu.be/U5Y0uQLgriA

I'm learning it now, it's so fun :333 i had to learn a whole new clef lol, tenor clef.

Me, a non-string player would rank those 4 instruments as Cello > Viola > Bass > Violin. If I was going to pick a second instrument to play, I'd pick cello, but piano is superior so..... :P Cellos are gorgeous instruments with crazy range

7 hours ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

it's ok u can hang out

Also, guys, my cello teacher showed me this gorgeous cello piece that is now one of my favorite pieces of classical music:

https://youtu.be/U5Y0uQLgriA

I'm learning it now, it's so fun :333 i had to learn a whole new clef lol, tenor clef.

Tenor cleff is indeed a cleff that I've had to learn. It's really close to alto cleff, which makes learning alto cleff a lot easier. Just wait until they start putting stuff in treble cleff. WHY ARE THERE RANDOM MEASURES OF TREBLE CLEFF IN MY PERFECTLY GOOD CELLO MUSIC!

You are not a Suzuki student, I take it?

6 hours ago, Morningtide said:

Me, a non-string player would rank those 4 instruments as Cello > Viola > Bass > Violin. If I was going to pick a second instrument to play, I'd pick cello, but piano is superior so..... :P Cellos are gorgeous instruments with crazy range

Typical pianist attitude. At least three pianists have told me that exact same thing.

Ehh, you're probably right anyway. I'm used to being inferior. :) 

Cellist don't give up that easily omg. Sorry Morningtide but you and i are gonna have to agree to disagree about piano being better lol :DD for me personally, i just find the sound of bow and string instruments absolutely immaculate, and cello has the most beautiful tones that my ears just can't get enough of. Don't get me wrong though, piano is absolutely lit and dope B) piano and cello is one of the best music combos imo.

*piano brain sighs*

Why do we need more again? The grand staff is already confusing enough!!!

Spoiler

Tho if someone could pls explain what different staves are used for please respond. THE PEOPLE CRAVE THE TRUTH

9 hours ago, Cash67 said:

*piano brain sighs*

Why do we need more again? The grand staff is already confusing enough!!!

Reveal hidden contents

Tho if someone could pls explain what different staves are used for please respond. THE PEOPLE CRAVE THE TRUTH

In addition to what Facepalm said, it's also to make notes more convenient for certain instruments to read.

Yeah I can competently read treble and bass clefs, but PLEASE don't give me any crazy alto or tenor clefs. Just no. 

12 hours ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

Cellist don't give up that easily omg. Sorry Morningtide but you and i are gonna have to agree to disagree about piano being better lol :DD for me personally, i just find the sound of bow and string instruments absolutely immaculate, and cello has the most beautiful tones that my ears just can't get enough of. Don't get me wrong though, piano is absolutely lit and dope B) piano and cello is one of the best music combos imo.

Bow and string instruments are gorgeous! But I would never want to play them lol. When you hit a key on the piano, the right sound comes out! I could not stand the effort it would take to play the right noise on a string instrument :lol: Piano and cello is probably my favorite music combo! It has so much potential because they complement each other and can both carry either melody or accompaniment

• 11 months later...