Anniversary Game 9/Anonymous Game 13: Rebuilding Tyrian Falls

Elandera

toucan is right about why flamingo and lion were not considerations, the goal was to dispel niggling suspicions of archrocodile and bring him into trust group or to uncover our best guess for a more active thread control elim

ed1t:

furthermore, meerkat had claimed seeker to croc so we expected meerkat to die last night if e!croc

ed2t:

furtherermore, meerkat rolled ???, brass, and tin, his soothe was the d2 soothe and the additional tineye message last night was his, i will not share first metal for opsec reasons

Edited by Plum Rhinoceros

I don't understand what's happening and I'm worried that a reaction test left unrevealed too long will lead to my accidental exe, so I request that the plan be disclosed now. I feel like I've left it long enough to attract the votes we need to analyze. 

If I am exed accidentally, I blame the alleged Seeker. If I should die for inane reasons, I guess this is see you later. 

-Obligator

hi, hehe

[School and other RL stuff got in the way, but I'm here now! Here's a vote-by-vote since I have nothing better to do with my time.]

D2

Spoiler

Swan votes Chameleon

Village points for facilitating discussion.

Crocodile's "why everyone is evil" post feels a bit gimmicky. This reads to me as an elim trying to be wishy-washy about their reads (e.g. "oh I know chameleon was low on my list, I just had a lot of elim reads :p").

Meerkat votes Heron

Dragonfly votes Weasel

Albatross votes Weasel

Tuatara votes Heron

More to come

- Me

hahahaha no.

Elephant seems to be putting a lot of effort into the game. I think effort clearing is intrinsically problematic, but the thread hasn't been very active, so I'll at least give them some village points.

Meerkat votes Flamingo

Rhino votes Flamingo

Meerkat votes Rhino

Rhino votes Rhino

Rhino feels a little like they're mocking Meerkat here, and I don't like it. It feels like they're being intentionally frustrating. Weasel's actions could maybe be explained away by new-player weirdness, but Rhino's actions don't seem dgaf, they seem malicious.

Meerkat does a frustrated rant about activity.

Rhino votes Flamingo

Again, no reasoning. C'mon. You can do better than that.

Meerkat votes Heron

Mouse votes Rhino

Toucan votes Rhino

Singular village point to both Mouse and Toucan for putting pressure on Rhino.

Heron votes Flamingo

Scorpion votes Heron

Scorpion's reasoning is that they saw Heron checking the thread but not posting, but I feel like Heron's bluetext explains that away. I'm hesitant to lean elim on Scorpion for this, though, since flawed reasoning =/= elim reasoning. Definitely keeping an eye on them, though, especially since they chose a CR that makes it difficult for them to interact with the game.

Meerkat votes Falcon

Meerkat's vote seems to be going all over the place this game.

Chameleon votes Heron

This looks really bad, especially given the fact that Heron is currently dangling on the precipice of becoming an actual train. This is the vote that pushes it over the edge. Idk if this is normal for Wiz, but.

And I'll say this one last time. I found the play style of reverse speaking annoying. That's it. I'm not going to hate the player, or get angry, or really do anything outside a day 1 vote. Not will I be getting upset about other odd playstyles, I just happened to find that one hard to read. I'm not sure why everyone started getting up at arms about it, because I was NEVER going to make a big deal out of it, or hurt anybody's feelings. So I'd appreciate if people would stop blowing it out of proportion. Thank you, I shall return to reading and try and get a vote before rollover. No promises though. 

- Weasel

I can't say how much I don't like this post, but it doesn't feel super elimmy to me. Except (epileptic trees warning) maybe Weasel is an elim trying to bait non-game arguments. That's a pretty amoral elim tactic, and it seems to be against the general morals of SE, but...

*sigh*

Moving on.

Meerkat votes Heron

...for the third time.

Tuatara votes Flamingo

Flamingo votes Swan

Flamingo does a lot of effort clearing in this post. Conflict with Croc could mean they're not e/e, which given today's situation is something to keep an eye on.

Tuatara votes Dragonfly

Rhino votes Dragonfly

acidental abreviashin

- Rhino (edit)

This is kind of the e!Rhino clincher for me. If you've ever heard of the fanfic "My Immortal," this kind of reasoning will seem familiar, but my point is that Rhino is either a clueless villager OR a smart elim. I don't agree with Dragonfly when they posit that a chaotic playstyle is NAI -- Rhino is making zero effort to actually solve the same, instead mocking Meerkat (see above) and mercilessly sheeping nearly every vote. And then they misspell "abbreviation" in a way that feels very much like a stealth pun. (abreviashin).

Plus, they seem to be getting a little bit more into the game lately, and a few of their posts seem to reveal that they're actually an experienced player. (e.g. saying things like "opsec" and using the "ed1t, ed2t" format.)

Crocodile votes Heron

Mouse votes Heron

Struggling to get a read on these two votes, especially in light of the recent Mouse/Croc situation.

can some one explain me tin eye thing i dont understand question

- Rhino

Case in point.

Hyena votes Flamingo

If we flip Flamingo this cycle, this vote is something that could make or break my read on Hyena. For now, NAI.

Ostrich votes Falcon

Major village points for vocal opposition of the Heron train.

Tuatara votes Falcon

Hyena votes Falcon

Rhino votes Falcon

Mildly unnerved by all this sheeping, though since it's in direct opposition to a v train I'll tentatively give out some village points to both Hyena and Rhino.

Hyena unvotes Falcon

???

Dragonfly votes Heron

Hyena votes Falcon

?????????

Albatross votes Falcon

...and makes some good points in their post, maybe explaining Hyena's weirdness? Idk though -- the elim gambit they're positing seems terribly risky.

Elephant votes Scorpion

Last-minute weirdness. NAI.

Updated reads:

Lean Village - Falcon, Toucan, Ostrich

Null+ - Albatross, Mouse, Elephant

Null - Penguin, Lion

Confused - Hyena, Weasel, Swan

Null- - Flamingo, Chameleon, Scorpion

Lean Elim - Crocodile

Elim - Rhino

--

I've got to go soon, but I wanted to weigh in on the current situation. I think everyone needs to be a little more cautious about following this alleged "seeker" that rhino and meerkat "knew" -- this could easily be an elim gambit to distract us from Flamingo for a turn and generally sow confusion. Although if Croc flips village and Mouse claims Person X is the seeker, then Flamingo is conf elim and we have a pool of <Mouse, Person X>. So never mind. Croc

19 hours ago, Azure Mouse said:

Word has been received that Crocodile was scanned as an Elim Tineye. It is understandable  that a target has been placed upon this mouse’s head due to revealing this information, but the incursion of it is willful.

Stones are toppling, it seems. Perhaps the permanence was a waiting game

Crocodile

Oh HO. Now that's interesting. There is a piece of me that is disappointed I didn't figure that out myself, given how much that one tineye message got my hackles up, but eh at this point with how little information we've gotten in the last 2 cycles, I'm gonna take it! Crocodile. 

Wh-what happened in h-here? Wh-why so quiet? We’re all just lining up in front of c-croc with a noose staring off into s-space it f-feels like. W-we gotta step this (murder) p-party up.

Ok, I’ll get the h-hor duerves. Don’t ask where I found them, and don’t ask where Meerkas’s body went.

rhino I th-think you should be the DJ. You can hit the drums with your horns and make a might noise, also when we pull your tail you will make a might toot which will add to the music.

dragonfly I actually don’t remember anything about who you are or what you’ve done, so that’s a great bartender ability, can you be the bartender? I have the finest brewed mead definitely not stolen from Meerkas’s house during his funeral.

lion, flamingo, just sit around and look pretty

weasel, hang up some tinsel

C-croc, you’re the guest of honor. By which I mean the piñata. We’re g-gonna hang you from this here tree and hit you with sticks until your insides come out, mkay? It’s a very special role.

man my mommy would be so proud to see me today, organizing parties! And to think I’m only four years old

1 hour ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

Wh-what happened in h-here? Wh-why so quiet? We’re all just lining up in front of c-croc with a noose staring off into s-space it f-feels like. W-we gotta step this (murder) p-party up.

Ok, I’ll get the h-hor duerves. Don’t ask where I found them, and don’t ask where Meerkas’s body went.

rhino I th-think you should be the DJ. You can hit the drums with your horns and make a might noise, also when we pull your tail you will make a might toot which will add to the music.

dragonfly I actually don’t remember anything about who you are or what you’ve done, so that’s a great bartender ability, can you be the bartender? I have the finest brewed mead definitely not stolen from Meerkas’s house during his funeral.

lion, flamingo, just sit around and look pretty

weasel, hang up some tinsel

C-croc, you’re the guest of honor. By which I mean the piñata. We’re g-gonna hang you from this here tree and hit you with sticks until your insides come out, mkay? It’s a very special role.

man my mommy would be so proud to see me today, organizing parties! And to think I’m only four years old

I can always sing fun carols :D

Zertrümmre, verderbe, verschlinge, zerschelle

Mit plötzlicher Wut

Den falschen Verräter, das mördrische Blut!

11 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

I can always sing fun carols :D

Zertrümmre, verderbe, verschlinge, zerschelle

Mit plötzlicher Wut

Den falschen Verräter, das mördrische Blut!

all your gratuitous German would make me think you were Kas if he wasn’t so obviously Meerkat >>

but who knows maybe this post is gonna make me look like one of the ten fools at the end of the game :P

Night Four: See You Later, Obli-gator

Everyone was shocked when Linaan brought Agolac before the village for judgment, still in her dogtaur form. “This man has survived two Coinshot attacks in a row,” she said. “His fate must be decided in the light of day.”

“The Lord Ruler demands justice!” Obli-gator cried. “Guilty!”

That sentiment put him under immediate surveillance, but one after another the villagers decided Agolac would need to be killed first. In the uproar, Linaan slipped away before anyone could question her.

~~~

With the execution of Agolac seeming a foregone conclusion, Sidor retreated to her study with a couple of assistants to uncover the mysteries behind the anonymous messages that had been popping up since the night Reverse had died. Last year, all but one such message had come from those who defended Tyrian from the Spiked, but she couldn’t assume the same was true this time.

Neither of her assistants were trained in cryptography, and they quickly turned to speculation about the unexpected visitor. “Is... she? a threat? Why haven’t we encountered her before?”

“That’s Linaan, nothing to worry about,” Sidor said absently.

“Linaan! I knew there was something suspicious about her! She’s a mistwraith, one who’s gotten a taste for people. No wonder she was always looking at some of us like she wanted to eat us, especially you Sidor.”

“She will eat me someday, after I’m dead,” Sidor responded, still distracted by her analysis. “She’ll make sure that day is as far away as possible.” [Whether I want her to or not.]

“She’ll eat you?!” a second agent interjected.

Sidor looked up. “She only needs my bones to assume my appearance, but my body will need to be disposed of too, and I’d rather it be her than anything else. She’s not going to eat any of you living or dead unless you ask her to. She’s also a Kandra, not a mistwraith.”

“Why did you keep this secret from your own agents?”

“You immediately accused her of wanting to kill and eat our own people! That’s not important right now, look at this. All three of these messages, written in ink, not carved in metal like the others. We warned everyone of Ruin’s ability to manipulate such writing, so this messenger must be working with him. Further, only high ranking servants of the Lord Ruler could use this kind of ink before his death, not even a noble would have access. It’s time to pay Obli-gator a visit.”

~~~

Oleinda could hear Agolac’s mumblings. He’d lost something, but forgotten what it was. He’d probably forgotten why he’d been standing on that platform for so long.

The crowd was determined. Their shifting bodies conveyed their anger, even if they were not as loud. It was a seething kind of fury, writhing and bubbling under the surface as they watched and waited. As they sought the death of one they accused.

A hush fell over the crowd as another entered the town square. “Only an obligator could have written this message!” It was Sidor. Oleinda recognized the voice. “And only a Spiked would have done so with ink.”

Oleinda’s grip on Afandor tightened. They’d finally caught someone. It didn’t matter who’d done it. A Spiked had been discovered. And he was there in the crowd. She’d heard the Obli-gator calling for justice. She listened for him again, trying to ignore the gasps and shouts of surprise and excitement.

She heard him. A curse of the Lord Ruler’s name. Bursts of annoyance as he began shoving people out of his way.

“Afandor. Stop him.” She pulled his arm towards the source of the noise.

“Here?” He hissed. “It’s too dangerous. They’ll find out about—”

“We can lie our way out of that, but we can’t afford to let the obli-gator get away.”

She never heard coin hit stone, but Afandor was suddenly gone. More shouts of confusion and alarm mixed around them as he pushed his way through the mundane way. Protecting her, as always.

Oleinda kept her copper burning just in case he was using steel to move forward faster, and followed him the best she could. Even using her walking stick to encourage people to make way with sharp jabs to their ankles.

“I have him,” Afandor called, his voice clear over the masses.

“Bring him, then,” Sidor called in return. “Let him face the justice he demanded.”

Mauve Crocodile was executed! They were a Spiked Tineye!

Vote Count:

Mauve Crocodile (15): Opal Lion, Sapphire Elephant, Fuchsia Ostrich, Plum Rhinoceros, Ivory Dragonfly, Pearl Chameleon, Amethyst Scorpion, Magenta Albatross, Coral Swan, Emerald Falcon, Charcoal Hyena, Sunburst Toucan, Indigo Weasel, Azure Mouse, Chartreuse Penguin

Onyx Flamingo (2): Mauve Crocodile, Onyx Flamingo

The turn will end on Sunday, January 8th at 6:00 PM PST/ Monday, January 9th at 2 a.m. GMT / 1 p.m. AEDT.

Player List:

Spoiler

1. @Amethyst Scorpion - Scop

2. @Azure Mouse

3. @Charcoal Hyena - Aylia

4. @Chartreuse Penguin - Donn Keihote (Insane)

5. @Coral Swan - Onidsen (Scholar, Caroler; has animal companion)

6. @Cream Tuatara - Willam (Terris Steward) Vanilla Villager

7. @Emerald Falcon - Luciel (sheriff)

8. @Fuchsia Ostrich - Koros (Secret Agent)

9. @Indigo Weasel

10. @Ivory Dragonfly - (Manic Ghostblood)

11. @Magenta Albatross -VarLeel

12. @Mauve Crocodile - (Obli-gator) Spiked Tineye

13. @Melon Dingo - Reverse (Glassblower, not psychologist) Village Smoker

14. @Mint Heron- Reneau (Former Obligator in denial) Village Smoker

15. @Onyx Flamingo - Agolac (Forgetful)

16. @Opal Lion - Guy (Internet Speak)

17. @Sunburst Toucan - Avil Ejir

18. @Pearl Chameleon - WitLees (Kandra barkeep)

19. @Plum Rhinoceros

20. @Saffron Iguana - Taltin Keriell (Undercover nobleman spy) Village Rioter

21. @Sage Kangaroo - (High Imperial) Village Lurcher

22. @Salmon Meerkat - Aurelien (Awake) Village Mistborn

23. @Sapphire Elephant - Ciril Yuanivori (Sleeptalking oversleeper)

PMs are Open

Edited by Devotary of Spontaneity

Agolac frowned as the crowd dispersed. Not dying was generally good, but not dying only because someone else was obviously evil didn't necessarily bode well for his future. Still, the mists were coming out and he was pretty sure they were bad business. So Agolac set off for the marketplace, so once he forgot his destination he would end up at home.

Good look for the mysterious seeker. 

Not much more to say. Have a paranoid thought about the crocodile exe, but going to keep it toned down.

Extremely high tinfoil theory below. 

Mostly here to keep it out of my head. Please tear it to shreds.

Spoiler

Could be that Flamingo could be the elim mistborn and it was better to sacrifice Croc in comparison to other roles and get Village cred for their seeker if they have one. 

So Flamingo lives at least one more night, could be that they rolled Steel and wanted the extra kill, plus Village cred for Mouse and their seeker.

Mouse could be Village and just passing along the PM message.

But this is all Kayana crazy plus a few notches.

7 minutes ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

Could be that Flamingo could be the elim mistborn and it was better to sacrifice Croc in comparison to other roles and get Village cred for their seeker if they have one. 

So Flamingo lives at least one more night, could be that they rolled Steel and wanted the extra kill, plus Village cred for Mouse and their seeker.

Mouse could be Village and just passing along the PM message.

i mean a. i dont think protecting a Mistborn for one night is worth losing an elim, hehe (even if they have a kill, elim lives are intrinsically more important than village lives) and b. whatever village cred they might get will be severely mitigated by opsec.

i just think it’s a super costly gambit and really not worth it.

but who knows

Nice nice nice. Having one elim dead makes an entirely different form of analysis possible: interaction analysis. 
And yes, I know I said I'd post analysis today, but I got distracted with various IRL tasks. Guess I'll put it up during the night turn. And with crocodile to work off of, something juicy might come out of it. 

Yay, w-w-we did it! W-we caught a bad guy! Yay for us!!!!

*the ghost of Scop’s mother materialize*

“We”? but Scop child you didn’t actually do anything

i-i caught a bad guy m-mommy! I hung him l-like a piñata from the tree! L-look at all the delicious candy that fell out when we hit him!

but you just did what you were told to do because someone told you he was evil, you didn’t really put any critical thinking or deduction into it at all

Lalala I’m not l-listening

also that isn’t candy, those are buckles that fell off of croc’s boots while you were hanging him for god’s sake don’t try to eat them you’ll break your three remaining teeth 

Sh-shut up mommy’s ghost, go away! I am very smart! *performs an exorcism*

ok m-much better.

candy, anyone?

47 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

Nice nice nice. Having one elim dead makes an entirely different form of analysis possible: interaction analysis. 
And yes, I know I said I'd post analysis today, but I got distracted with various IRL tasks. Guess I'll put it up during the night turn. And with crocodile to work off of, something juicy might come out of it. 

this is a good idea and since i already have vote-by-votes of d1 and d2 ill annotate them because procrastination hehehehehe

D1

Spoiler

Crocodile votes Tuatara

Tuatara votes Elephant

Dragonfly (hi) votes Albatross

Chameleon votes Hyena

Meerkat votes Swan

Elephant votes Scorpion

Kangaroo votes Mouse

Crocodile votes Rhino

Swan votes Dingo

The initial flurry of poke votes. Until someone flips elim, I believe this is all NAI.

Grudging village points to Rhino, although the vote was to get their attention more than anything else. Could be a ploy for village cred.

This is the first double-up vote, and the nature of it makes me lean elim on Weasel, whose reasoning was simply that Dingo's post hurt their eyes. This would become a theme for them later.

Tuatara votes Hyena

The first vote with reasoning (huzzah!) Village points to Tuatara for getting discussion going.

Crocodile makes an alignment joke, which I would upvote if my dragonfly arms were big enough to press the upvote button. I'm reading their interactions with Mouse as e/v, since it feels like Mouse is calling their bluff on the RP thing. A teammate would probably have just let them roll with it.

Scorpion votes Penguin

Poke! *boop*

Lovely, then my vote stays until I find something that either annoys me more or actually makes me suspicious 

- Weasel

This is petty. At this point, Weasel is either a clueless elim or an even-more-clueless villager.

Falcon votes Dragonfly

Does Falcon understand what a poke vote is? Village points for terrible reasoning that never would have passed inspection if Falcon had been careful about what they were saying.

Flamingo votes Penguin

This is basically a poke vote, which is NAI, but the implication of "I'm not entirely sure what to do here" is that they're new to SE, which is useful for further analysis.

Meerkat votes Hyena

This seems reasonable to me, but since the votes are so spread out over halfway through the turn, if I were an elim I'd be trying to get some solid trains going. If Meerkat flips elim, I'd imagine that at least one of <Tuatara, Albatross, Swan, Scorpion, Mouse, Rhino, Penguin> is also elim. Of course, this is likely to be true anyway, statistically.

Heron votes Iguana

Heron second-guesses themselves about a perfectly sensible chain of reasoning. Lean elim.

Dingo votes Chameleon

Rereading this post makes me wonder what I was thinking with my vote on Dingo.

Meerkat votes Heron

Retracting my previous comment on Meerkat.

Crocodile votes Mouse

Honestly, due to the lack of cohesive trains at this point in the turn, I'm imagining either: a) a low-activity elim team or B) that none of the elims are in danger of being exed. Neither feel quite right, but this situation is kind of weird.

Even more village points to Mouse here.

Hyena votes Tuatara

This is a follow-up of something earlier in the turn. Reasoning seems weak to me, though it is D1.

Toucan votes Scorpion

Toucan votes Iguana

Village points for new-player confusion.

Hyena votes Kangaroo

I don't really like their reasoning here, but I have to give Hyena some village points for switching their vote so often.

One singular village point to Albatross for being explicitly called out by Crocodile.

Now see, I'm not the person to try and make PMs with everyone in the first place. 

would I be someone to mass PM people if I had a teammate with the same tendencies though? Yeah, I would. There's a lot of manipulation that can happen behind the scenes, and depending on size of game/elim team it can be hard to coordinate enough with just one person. Not only that, but the different styles people would have to communicate, the different methods of gaining info, the different way of talking to people will appeal to different people. Someone who might not want to listen to me or open up to me might have a different reaction to a teammate. 

So the short answer is no.
But the long answer is that it depends on the person and regardless of the reason for doing so, there /is/ a strategic advantage from attacking from more than one side.

- Albatross

Village points for transparent analysis. I don't feel like there's been enough of that this game, what with all the RP happening.

Tuatara votes Flamingo

More diversifying of options -- although this makes me think that the dispute between Tuatara and Hyena earlier could have been staged e/e.

There is a conflict between my like of Penguin's name/character and my dislike for the lack of contribution/voting. So I tried to RP in a way that reflected that, and apparently failed.

- Flamingo

This is flawed reasoning. Inactive does not equal elim.

Crocodile votes Kangaroo

This feels very poke-y for 4 minutes until the end of the cycle.

I don't really understand why e!Crocodile would do something so arbitrary and suspicious. Confusion :P

Dingo votes Iguana

Breaking the tie at the last minute! Dingo =/= Alvron.

Dragonfly votes Dingo

This was based on an inaccurate mobile skim of the thread. Sorry, Dingo :<

More to come, but I thought I'd get this posted in case I don't finish everything tonight.

Updated reads:

Village - Mouse

Lean Village - Falcon, Toucan, Ostrich

Null+ - Albatross, Elephant

Null - Penguin, Lion

Confused - Hyena, Weasel, Swan

Null- - Flamingo, Chameleon, Scorpion

Lean Elim - Rhino

Elim - (None; frustrating)