So... Dalinar's going to be the champion. His own champion, not Kaladin.

But... Kaladin's younger.

He has Shardblade and Plate.

He might even be a better fighter.

And yes, I get that it would be better for his arc and mental health for him not to fight. And he just basically fought an entire war by himself, and seriously needs a break.

But... he's got such better chances that it bugs me.

11 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Um, Kaladin can't do freaky Bondsmith things that are according to Brandon "more dangerous than Nightblood"

That's fair, I didn't think of that. But I don't trust Ishar to teach Dalinar... at all...

Did you forget that Dalinar is the Blackthorn? The most experienced and fearsome warrior on Roshar that butchered countless lifes? Kaladin is great soldier but being a soldier is not the same as being a warrior. Dalinar can't fly but he is Bondsmith which is something even more powerful, as flying did not help Nale when he faced Dalinar's abillieties in RoW. 

1 hour ago, alder24 said:

Did you forget that Dalinar is the Blackthorn? The most experienced and fearsome warrior on Roshar that butchered countless lifes? Kaladin is great soldier but being a soldier is not the same as being a warrior. Dalinar can't fly but he is Bondsmith which is something even more powerful, as flying did not help Nale when he faced Dalinar's abillieties in RoW. 

I think it’s worth pointing out that dalinar used to be the blackthorn. He’s past his prime, and is far less likely to take down armies all by himself anymore. His whole arc in Oathbringer was that he has become much more of a team player that yes, is still a general, but is not the killing machine of the army. 

Kaladin, on the other hand, has clearly shown that he is that person. In Rhythm of War, it was clear that he is a slaughterhouse and is more than able to 25 to one people. With shardplate, he’ll only be stronger.

I certainly think Dalinar is the more powerful of the two, but I think his power no longer comes in the form of generating half of the battlefield’s worth of bodies. He’s now a leader, which in this sense, I don’t think is what is needed.