Channelknight Fadran

12 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako snorted. That's super vague Voice. What happened to them, tell it straight?

He was not able to escape Lethe's range of influence before she realized he was gone. In her fury, she assaulted his mind, tearing from him his name.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

You feeling all good Acolyte? Miyako clarified to Yerik. You're looking good and sunk

It was his father. The man who escaped. He would have washed up on shore, Nameless- just like those unfortunate souls you encountered in the village.

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Abstract said:

"Indeed." He began to descend the pit.

What is down there?

Yeah, so down at the bottom of the completely vertical pit, which is about a hundred feet deep, if Antin had really good eyesight he could see a large hunk of metal, steaming and glowing red. 

Quest blinked. A very forward stranger. "I, um, can you see down there? I could maybe conjure some fire if that would help. Are you sure you will be...safe climbing that? I swear I have some rope somewhere in my pack..." Quest said, fumbling through his satchel. 

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Reborn said:

He was not able to escape Lethe's range of influence before she realized he was gone. In her fury, she assaulted his mind, tearing from him his name.

Huh. So ya saying if we escape her influence real fast, then she won't have time to get all swords and venom on our minds?

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Reborn said:

It was his father. The man who escaped. He would have washed up on shore, Nameless- just like those unfortunate souls you encountered in the village.

Miyako's face hardened. She could guess what Acolyte was feeling. She reached across to Yerik, and tapped him on his shoulder with her fist, to show solidarity. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Quest blinked. A very forward stranger. "I, um, can you see down there? I could maybe conjure some fire if that would help. Are you sure you will be...safe climbing that? I swear I have some rope somewhere in my pack..." Quest said, fumbling through his satchel.

"I've got it." The man made the descent rather quickly and carelessly. When he got to the bottom, the light winked out. "The rope might be helpful now!"

9 minutes ago, Ookla the Abstract said:

"I've got it." The man made the descent rather quickly and carelessly. When he got to the bottom, the light winked out. "The rope might be helpful now!"

For reference, the metal is partially red because of heat, though Antin's vacuum magic could dampen the heat slightly. The piece of metal is about the size of a wheel, but super heavy. An average dude could maybe pick it up but with a lot of effort. There are also small broken off pieces surrounding the larger piece.

Quest peered over the hole, watching as the dark outline of man effortlessly descended the hole. "Oh, hmm." That was impressive. As Quest pulled his rope out, he heard the sound of footsteps and brash laughter crashing through the woods on one side of the road, coming towards Quest. 

Quest paused for a moment and then ducked towards the other side of the road from the voices. He frantically adjusted his glasses, while throwing himself behind a tree. The voices came closer. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Misting said:

Quest peered over the hole, watching as the dark outline of man effortlessly descended the hole. "Oh, hmm." That was impressive. As Quest pulled his rope out, he heard the sound of footsteps and brash laughter crashing through the woods on one side of the road, coming towards Quest. 

Quest paused for a moment and then ducked towards the other side of the road from the voices. He frantically adjusted his glasses, while throwing himself behind a tree. The voices came closer. 

Does the heat come from a magical source? And would he be able to carry it without burning himself?

Antin waited, then realized Quest had left. What's happening up there?

3 hours ago, Ookla the Magician said:

Whist eyed Muriels several sparkly military badges. "We could try . . ."

One of the near them perked up, "Would you two be quiet? Some of us are trying to sleep."

Fiadh shrank back a little. "Sorry."

She spoke even softer. "Maybe we should finish discussing this in the morning." She yawned "I'm rather sleepy anyways." 

Fiadh laid down on the ground. "Goodnight Whist. Thank you for helping me." And with that she fell asleep.

47 minutes ago, Ookla the Abstract said:

Does the heat come from a magical source? And would he be able to carry it without burning himself?

Antin waited, then realized Quest had left. What's happening up there?

The heat mostly comes from atmospheric friction, but the magical properties of the metal help keep it going. So Antin could carry it, it would be pretty uncomfortable but not immediately injuring. 

"I'm telling you Johnston! A bloody big thing came down across the sky and crashed somewhere over here. You felt the rumble!" Quest peeked out through a bush, and saw a woman break through the trees on the other side of the road, still shouting over her shoulder. She was short and lithe, covered in bits of leather armor and metal, with a massive crossbow hung over her shoulder. Quest watched as her face dropped in surprise upon seeing the massive hole. "Johnston, found it! It's real!"

A man came up behind her, about to mutter a retort when he saw the hole. "Seven skies." He said in wonder. "What could have made that?"

"I'm telling you Johnston! A bloody big thing came down across the sky and crashed somewhere over here. You felt the rumble!" Quest peeked out through a bush, and saw a woman break through the trees on the other side of the road, still shouting over her shoulder. She was short and lithe, covered in bits of leather armor and metal, with a massive crossbow hung over her shoulder. Quest watched as her face dropped in surprise upon seeing the massive hole. "Johnston, found it! It's real!"

A man came up behind her, about to mutter a retort when he saw the hole. "Seven skies." He said in wonder. "What could have made that?"

Antin didn't bother to try and hide. He feigned a pained groan. "Ugh... where am I?"

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Abstract said:

Antin didn't bother to try and hide. He feigned a pained groan. "Ugh... where am I?"

The woman perked up and ran towards the hole. "Hey, someone down there?!" She turned back to the man. "Johnston, you hear something?" Johnston shrugged.

Quest shrunk further behind his hiding tree. He'd already made the mistake of being to trusting with the strange man who was now in the hole, and these people were blatantly of the roguish persuasion. So he probably shouldn't try to talk to them...Quest briefly considered trying to push them into the hole, but quickly realized how poorly that would go. Quest would be more likely to trip over his own staff first.

And so Quest continued to hem and haw behind his tree. 

Just now, Mr. Misting said:

The woman perked up and ran towards the hole. "Hey, someone down there?!" She turned back to the man. "Johnston, you hear something?" Johnston shrugged.

Quest shrunk further behind his hiding tree. He'd already made the mistake of being to trusting with the strange man who was now in the hole, and these people were blatantly of the roguish persuasion. So he probably shouldn't try to talk to them...Quest briefly considered trying to push them into the hole, but quickly realized how poorly that would go. Quest would be more likely to trip over his own staff first.

And so Quest continued to hem and haw behind his tree. 

"I, yeah! I don't know how I ended up here... Last thing I remember, I felt like I was falling." He subtly slipped the piece of metal into his cloak, wincing a bit at the heat.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Abstract said:

"I, yeah! I don't know how I ended up here... Last thing I remember, I felt like I was falling." He subtly slipped the piece of metal into his cloak, wincing a bit at the heat.

"Well mate, you must have a pretty thick skull!" The woman replied brightly. Johnston chuckled darkly. "Say, can you see what's down there? I can barely see you from up here!"

"Well mate, you must have a pretty thick skull!" The woman replied brightly. Johnston chuckled darkly. "Say, can you see what's down there? I can barely see you from up here!"

"Uh... Nothing down here, I don't think. Would you mind helping me up?"

9 minutes ago, Ookla the Abstract said:

"Uh... Nothing down here, I don't think. Would you mind helping me up?"

"Yeah, sure, sure. But mate, my friend Johnston here, the big idiot he is, swore he saw a star or something fall around here. Wanna double check you don't anything in that hole with you?"

"Yeah, sure, sure. But mate, my friend Johnston here, the big idiot he is, swore he saw a star or something fall around here. Wanna double check you don't anything in that hole with you?"

"No, I'm relatively sure there isn't. Could... I have been the falling thing?" He sounded quite genuinely perplexed.

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Abstract said:

"No, I'm relatively sure there isn't. Could... I have been the falling thing?" He sounded quite genuinely perplexed.

The woman paused and began whispering with Johnston quickly. She turned back to the hole more careful. "You wouldn't happen to be a god mate, some sort of ancient being? You say you just woke up down there?"

2 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

The woman paused and began whispering with Johnston quickly. She turned back to the hole more careful. "You wouldn't happen to be a god mate, some sort of ancient being? You say you just woke up down there?"

"...Couldn't tell you, honestly."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Abstract said:

"...Couldn't tell you, honestly."

More frantic whispering commenced. Quest could only catch pieces of it.

"...people don't just fall outta the sky..."

"...you want to be the one to take that chance?.."

"...if he's lying, we'll get it later..."

"...sure, go make a god mad, genius..."

The woman spoke down to Antin, cautiously. "Say mate, do you have a way out of there?"

More frantic whispering commenced. Quest could only catch pieces of it.

"...people don't just fall outta the sky..."

"...you want to be the one to take that chance?.."

"...if he's lying, we'll get it later..."

"...sure, go make a god mad, genius..."

The woman spoke down to Antin, cautiously. "Say mate, do you have a way out of there?"

"I don't think so, unless I could manage to climb somehow."

35 minutes ago, Ookla the Abstract said:

"I don't think so, unless I could manage to climb somehow."

The woman smirked and replied back to Antin. "Lovely! Now, mate, have I got a proposition for you. Our boss, Laenshtour might just be wanting to meet a lovely fellow like you. What do you say that we get you out of that hole and then we bring you down over to our boss's den?"

3 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

The woman smirked and replied back to Antin. "Lovely! Now, mate, have I got a proposition for you. Our boss, Laenshtour might just be wanting to meet a lovely fellow like you. What do you say that we get you out of that hole and then we bring you down over to our boss's den?"

"Well... I guess that sounds nice."

13 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

Huh. So ya saying if we escape her influence real fast, then she won't have time to get all swords and venom on our minds?

Yes. Although it would be best if you kept your names concealed; then, even if she did realize you had left, there would be precious little she could do about it. Speaking of which, you should change the nicknames you use for each other. As you start to recognize them as names, they will give Lethe more power over you.

13 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako's face hardened. She could guess what Acolyte was feeling. She reached across to Yerik, and tapped him on his shoulder with her fist, to show solidarity. 

Yerik turned and gave Miyako a lopsided smile. It's alright. It was a long time ago.

13 hours ago, Ookla the Abstract said:

"Well... I guess that sounds nice."

"Bet it does." The woman said, grinning. "Tell you what, I'll go and grab a rope or something to help pull you out of there, and Johnston here, will be waiting right at the top to make sure you're alright. Don't worry, Johnston wouldn't hurt a fly. At least until you make him angry." The woman leaned towards Johnston and whispered something quickly, before sprinting into the woods, back where she had come from. "Be right back!" She called.

Quest adjusted his glasses, weighing his options now that the woman was gone. Looking over Johnston was intimidating, he was all muscles and knives, with literal bandoliers of knives across his expansive chest. 

Hmm. He could maybe incapacitate Johnston or push him into the hole.... Quest looked over his shoulder, and the easy escape into the woods. "I was just planning on birdwatching today", Quest mumbled dejectedly, "not whatever this is."

3 hours ago, Ookla the Reborn said:

Yes. Although it would be best if you kept your names concealed; then, even if she did realize you had left, there would be precious little she could do about it. Speaking of which, you should change the nicknames you use for each other. As you start to recognize them as names, they will give Lethe more power over you.

Miyako sighed. That's a hassle and a half. Ok: Greenie and Knives. That work for you Greenie? Miyako said with a smirk. 

@Ookla The Storyteller

3 hours ago, Ookla the Reborn said:

Yerik turned and gave Miyako a lopsided smile. It's alright. It was a long time ago.

Miyako nodded. I'm with you Acolyte. We'll get the Queen.

Edited by Mr. Misting

11 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

"Bet it does." The woman said, grinning. "Tell you what, I'll go and grab a rope or something to help pull you out of there, and Johnston here, will be waiting right at the top to make sure you're alright. Don't worry, Johnston wouldn't hurt a fly. At least until you make him angry." The woman leaned towards Johnston and whispered something quickly, before sprinting into the woods, back where she had come from. "Be right back!" She called.

Quest adjusted his glasses, weighing his options now that the woman was gone. Looking over Johnston was intimidating, he was all muscles and knives, with literal bandoliers of knives across his expansive chest. 

Hmm. He could maybe incapacitate Johnston or push him into the hole.... Quest looked over his shoulder, and the easy escape into the woods. "I was just planning on birdwatching today", Quest mumbled dejectedly, "not whatever this is."

@Ookla The Storyteller

"Okay! Thanks!"

16 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Fiadh shrank back a little. "Sorry."

She spoke even softer. "Maybe we should finish discussing this in the morning." She yawned "I'm rather sleepy anyways." 

Fiadh laid down on the ground. "Goodnight Whist. Thank you for helping me." And with that she fell asleep.

"We'll probably reach Caerlon tomorrow," Whist mumbled, "We'll have to act fast . . ."

"Goodnight little one."

1 hour ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako sighed. That's a hassle and a half. Ok: Greenie and Knives. That work for you Greenie? Miyako said with a smirk. 

@Ookla The Storyteller

Miyako nodded. I'm with you Acolyte. We'll get the Queen.

Wait, wait, spoke the voice. You still want to fight?