The Sandman (Netflix)

Elf

I just finished watching Netflix's sandman and i just wanna watch it all over again. It was AMAZING!! I loved Morpheus soooo much. 

Ahhhh i wanna read the comics now (but they too expensive) 

Well 

I guess if i get good grades in my midterms, ik what to ask for now

34 minutes ago, Quantus said:

It was absolutely phenomenal. 

But I have no desire to see Episode 5 ever again... 

HAHHA 

I feel ya. 

Episode 5 was definitely a ride.

2 hours ago, StormingTexan said:

That is what I figured. I remember it from the graphic novels being pretty disturbing and was wondering how they would do this in the show. Still really looking forward to watching the series from the trailer it looks well done. 

Well I think it ended up being even more disturbing in the show cause yk, visual medium and all that 

Wait 

Comics are also visual 

Visual is not the word I'm looking for 

What's the word I'm looking for

2 hours ago, StormingTexan said:

That is what I figured. I remember it from the graphic novels being pretty disturbing and was wondering how they would do this in the show. Still really looking forward to watching the series from the trailer it looks well done. 

Extremely so, and to me (not having read the comics) it felt out of tone with the rest of the series.  Everything was fairly high concept, cerebral, and visually Beautiful...except for that one sharp detour into self-mutilation and extreme graphic gore. 

Just now, Elf said:

Well I think it ended up being even more disturbing in the show cause yk, visual medium and all that 

Wait 

Comics are also visual 

Visual is not the word I'm looking for 

What's the word I'm looking for

Live Action?  "Real"?  This Side of the Uncanny Valley?

Let me say I read Preludes and Nocturnes prior to watching this and found it amazing. The oldest game played out wonderfully I loved it!! I must say that the casting choices were all spot on. David Thewlis as John Dee was inspired. Yes, 24/7 is one of the most intense things that I ever read or watched, but the way that he presents the character is truly terrifying for how relatable he is. The corinthian my oh my that was a trip into what a nightmare can be. Also, Gaiman said they are working on Season 2 scripts already and if it is renewed then Lucifer is going to do the thing!!! All in all it was a fun ride!!

• 2 weeks later...