Theory for Stormlight 5

S. Stormy

It's very simple. Shallan dies, becomes a Cognitive Shadow, and joins/goes up against Thaidakar throughout the Cosmere. I mostly get this idea from the fact that someone dies in 5, and the quote:

Shallan had kept her head down too long. It was time to soar.

And that's after she finds the maps with the Cosmere worlds on it.

So there you go!

While I like and support the fact that Shallan will become a worldhopper, I don't think she will die. We know of one other person that became a cognitive shadow but isn't able to leave his planet. 

So unless she dies, founds her own Cosmere-wide organization and engages the Ghostbloods in a mafia vs mafia style (cool idea, I like it!), I don't think she will die. 

Unless Vasher, Hoid, or some other person helps her with the Connection issues, of course. 

I like the worldhopper idea better...I can't think of any mechanics that have been put forward in Roshar that would make it easy for her to staple herself to reality the way Thaidakar did... I guess maybe a bondsmith could do it for her?

9 hours ago, DresdeMBM said:

So unless she dies, founds her own Cosmere-wide organization and engages the Ghostbloods in a mafia vs mafia style (cool idea, I like it!), I don't think she will die. 

She would make a GREAT mafia boss... imagine all her personailities taking on different roles in the organization without people realizing it's their leader they are with.

If we follow the theory that when a Radiant reaches the 5th ideal, their soul fuses with their spren, maybe it wouldn't be necessary to persist any other way? 

14 hours ago, Lunu’anaki said:

She would make a GREAT mafia boss... imagine all her personailities taking on different roles in the organization without people realizing it's their leader they are with.

First, that reminds me of a certain anime. 

Second, she has already done so in Oathbringer, I think, when she disguised herself as Veil when she was with her squires. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2022 at 5:50 PM, Lunu’anaki said:

Didn't her personalities combine/disappear in "Rhythm of War"?

13 minutes ago, voidrx said:

Didn't her personalities combine/disappear in "Rhythm of War"?

Only Veil disappear as Shallan embraced her past of killing Testament but Radiant is still with her, probably holding the last repressed memories (Shallan's early childhood?)

On 27.7.2022 at 9:36 PM, alder24 said:

Only Veil disappear as Shallan embraced her past of killing Testament but Radiant is still with her

Plus, this WoB: 

Brandon Sanderson

But now since Veil has been incorporated, so Veil is Shallan now, again. Which is one of those things that as I was doing it, I recognized could be controversial in the D.I.D. community, because there are various different opinions about whether incorporating alters is good for the individual, or not. The decision I made on this is, it was good for Shallan in that circumstance. Using my best understanding of the psychology, and the treatment recommendations, and knowing both sides of that argument. It was the right thing for Shallan right then. That doesn't mean necessarily that she has to incorporate Radiant in order to be healthy. I will just point that out.

Shardcast Interview (Jan. 23, 2021)