Tales of Trune

EmulatonStromenkiin

• 2 weeks later...

Chasm's wind roared to life around her, whipping at her hair and clothes as she stepped closer to the flames. She sent the wind hurtling hard and fast against the flame right in front of her, grabbing the wrists of the others, hoping to pull them outside.

@Ookla the Quark

I'm not in charge of the fire and I don't know how magical it is, so I'm letting you decide if it goes out or not. The wind Chasm's sending at it would put out a normal fire of that size almost immediately.

10 minutes ago, Ookla the Implosion said:

I'm not in charge of the fire and I don't know how magical it is, so I'm letting you decide if it goes out or not. The wind Chasm's sending at it would put out a normal fire of that size almost immediately.

It's very much magic flame, but it will only burn someone if they are in it for several minutes.

The flames extended to what seemed to be a horizon, the hut was gone. A crackly voice echoed through the flaming plane.

"Welcome, adventurers. We...I have been expecting you."

@Ookla the [Redacted]

@Ookla the Implosion

@Ookla the Debonair

Chasm dropped the others' wrists and jumped through the circle of flame. The situation felt dangerous, her wind hadn't done anything, and she didn't want to be cornered in a spot where the flame caster would expect her to be.

The crackly voice chuckled.

"I am an Igneate, and this is my home. As long as you do not stay in them for more than a few minutes, the flames will not hurt you." The fire swirled, and formed into the shape of a man made of golden flames. 

"Thank you for bringing the package, you have proven that you are trustworthy. The bartender would not have given you the package if he did not think that you were trustworthy." The figure of flames swept his hand out, and the fire faded in a long lane. 

"Please follow me, the other skeins wish to meet you."

@Ookla the [Redacted]

@Ookla the Implosion

@Ookla the Debonair

1 minute ago, Ookla the Quark said:

"I am an Igneate, and this is my home. As long as you do not stay in them for more than a few minutes, the flames will not hurt you." The fire swirled, and formed into the shape of a man made of golden flames. 

I meant through the flames to the other side of the flames. Is there no other side of the flames?

5 hours ago, Ookla the Implosion said:

I meant through the flames to the other side of the flames. Is there no other side of the flames?

nah, they stretch to the seeming horizon

5 hours ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

"Yuh-huh. He said we were getting paid. How's about we just do that and we'll be on our way."

"He did not say you were getting paid, this is a payment from you to him...and us. He contacted us and told us the story. However, Cherry, you may end up getting paid, depending on if you agree to an...adventure. However, this is not the place to discuss such things, and there is another you should meet before anything goes further. I suggest you come with me, the absence of flame is not the natural state here, and the ground will soon be consumed again."

13 minutes ago, Ookla the Quark said:

"He did not say you were getting paid, this is a payment from you to him...and us. He contacted us and told us the story. However, Cherry, you may end up getting paid, depending on if you agree to an...adventure. However, this is not the place to discuss such things, and there is another you should meet before anything goes further. I suggest you come with me, the absence of flame is not the natural state here, and the ground will soon be consumed again."

Well... an adventure seemed fine to her. Cherry tossed them the parcel and shrugged. "Worth a shot, I guess."

The Igneate caught the package out of the air, and it vanished in a flash. "Thank you," he said simply, and he led them down the path.

As the circle vanished behind them, the features of the land around them seemed to merge together. It was impossible to tell distance due to the sameness of the orange skies and the colorful flames. After what felt like forever, they were suddenly walking down a tunnel hewn from the same orange crystal that the hut had been made of. There had been no transition, it was as if they had collectively blinked. The tunnel expanded into a large multicolored cavern, which had five other tunnels spaced evenly around its edge. In the center of the cavern stood a round table divided into six sections, one facing each of the tunnels.

@Ookla the [Redacted]

@Ookla the Implosion

@Ookla the Debonair

The Gemmler had guided Lysan through what felt like miles of tunnels, till they reached one that seemed to be hewn from jade. As they walked along this one, the Gemmler spoke.

"We approach the center, Lysan. Be prepared."

With a strange abruptness, the tunnel ended in a large cavern. The floor, walls, and celling were full of multicolored crystals that encompassed every color of the rainbow as well as a black that was similar to obsidian. In the center of the room was a round table divided into six sections of solid color. A deep jade green, like the tunnel Lysan had just walked through, faced the opening she stood in. As she looked around the room, she saw that there were five other openings, each of them seemingly corresponding with a section of the table. In the one that was two over from her to the left, the one corresponding with the orange, red, and gold crystal section on the table, there stood a group of three people and what appeared to be a person made of golden flames.

@Ookla the Nerdy

you have now met up. sorry it took so long to get here.

On 12/15/2022 at 6:01 PM, Ookla the Implosion said:

Chasm glowered at the lot of them. "What do you want?"

On 12/15/2022 at 8:53 PM, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

"Are we about to get murdered?" Cherry asked, having been introduced to a place that seemed very conducive to murder.

The Igneate chuckled crackily, and the Gemler smiled slightly.

"You are not about to get murdered," the Gemler said is his half-mental voice. "We also have no reason to murder you. We, The Skiens have a task for you."

@Ookla the [Redacted]

@Ookla the Implosion

@Ookla the Debonair,

@Ookla the Nerdy

"Just a moment" the Gemler said, moving to stand at the green section of the table. The Igneate moved and stood at the red and orange section.

"It is time, brothers. Let us Convene!" they said together. There is a strange rushing sound, and the table begins to glow a breeze gusts from one tunnel, and a torrent of water bursts from another. Each takes on a humanoid form and positions itself at the table, grey for the wind and ice-blue for the water. There is a flash of light and darkness, and two more figures are standing at the table, one made of light at the blindingly white section, and the other made of shadows at the obsidian black section.

@Shining Silhouette

@Channelknight Fadran

@Tani

@NerdyAarakocra

Edited by EmulatonStromenkiin